Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Uncomfortable fact of the day
Inzaghi - largely regarded here as a shit mediocre coach - 6 trophies (including 3 with a team like Lazio) + 3 CL ko stage qualifications
Pioli - genius - 1 trophy + 1 CL ko stage qualification
I don't care
Pioli was regarded as shit before he got here.
He did great with the kids and won a Scudetto
He deserves at least this season before I get off the train
Football is strange. He could win us the CL this season while being poor in the league

What I care about is that he has the tools to succeed

Get. A. Fuckin. RW :o

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Using wild's logic: if he hasn't done shit with 50m mercato squads, why the fuck would we give him 200m for mercato. I believe he originally said this about Maldini but it's the same with Pioli.

It's a bit unfair but that's the demand and constraints we as a team need to work with now. If he can't really adapt, we can't really afford to wait and let it get to the point where top 4 is in question.

I feel like it was a nice cycle we had, good for everyone. That's why I would prefer Pioli leaving on positive terms and us not in shambles. I think it's a shame they jumped the gun on giving him his renewal, we are now bound financially in terms of finding replacements.

To see how much the club spends you can't just use the mercato spending numbers ( which were pretty low ) but the whole squad cost which includes players salaries plus amortizations from players bought. Milan let go of Kessie and Romagnoli ( who was making 10-12 mil gross last year ) and eliminated most of Zlatan's big salary from last year.

So even with the summer transfers, the yearly squad cost of Milan actually decreased this year from last year! So rather than saying Maldini spent "40 -50 mil" it would be more accurate to say the spending of Milan has actually been negative!!

Last edited:

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Clearly Mike is a huge loss, but I think the team is really missing Krunic too. He did so well at making himself available, covering a lot of ground, providing options and stability in the transition from midfield to attack, and nobody else has really been able to do that the same way. CDK looks way too hesitant to impose himself on the game, Pobega rushes more (and gets some good shooting positions out of it, but at the cost of that reliable presence/passing option), and Brahim has looked really promising in attack recently but can't add bulk to the midfield in the same way Krunic can from that position.

Rade gets a lot of shit sometimes because he's rarely the game winner or the single decisive player, but I really think he's our strongest option at CAM, at least with the way we're trying to play. I still have a lot of love for Pioli and I want him to stay a long time and win more trophies with us, but it's frustrating that he hasn't been changing the team shape more to make up for these absences.

And how long does muscle fatigue take to heal?? I don't wanna be a conspiracy theorist but part of me wonders if something else is going on with Krunic and/or Mike, because their injuries seem so vague and it's just endless "recovery isn't going as we predicted" with no explanations or anticipated return dates.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Uncomfortable fact of the day
Inzaghi - largely regarded here as a shit mediocre coach - 6 trophies (including 3 with a team like Lazio) + 3 CL ko stage qualifications
Pioli - genius - 1 trophy + 1 CL ko stage qualification
Inter have 6 points less than they had on day 18 21/22.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
At least we have belgian Bieber as a poster boy for the upcoming banter era, well until his 5mil move to Rennes, that is. Wonder if Tomori leaves for bournemouth the same window.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I wasn't surprised at all. We've been playing badly for a long time. Before the break. I'll stand by claim that we've only had two wins which felt secure.
Juventus and Bologna.

The CB pairing has been one of our biggest weaknesses this season, as well as the GK and weak attack on the left and through the centre.

More worryingly I can't think of a way to get out of this mess. I think the most important thing to do is to improve defensively. Get some goddamn clean sheets. I don't feel confident in the options we have but perhaps 3 CB's could have some short term success. Without any doubt, we need to redisover the old Kjaer or find an alternative who is physically strong and tall.

Another alternative could just be to pack the midfield out. Get rid of the LW. Try 4-3-1-2. Leao can roam as the support to Giroud as can the AM.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
2 weeks ago: 'these friendlies do not indicate anything'
Now: out of Coppa, humiliated in the Super Cup final and 2 consecutive draws in Serie A and 9 points away from the leader

Turns out they were actually indicating something...
The form all season long has. Have you been watching?
Every win has been a battle to the last second. Juve and Bologna were the only straight forward wins where we weren't left huffing and puffing at the final whistle.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We all mock Inter and how poor they are but I just noticed they’ve won a scudetto, Coppa Italia, Super Cup and made the Europa League final in Zhang’s tenure. Watch them somehow pull off the CL :lol:.

According to Sam, Inter and Zhangs are supposed to be broke!! But they did almost the same net spending on the transfer market as Milan plus their yearly squad cost is higher! So if Milan's mercato spending is almost the same as a "broke" club what does that say about Milan?? 🙀😱

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Albertini: AC Milan have been too cocky this season​

AC Milan hero Demetrio Albertini has accused the players of being too cocky this season.

However, he insists the Serie A champions are not in decline.

Ahead of the Supercoppa Italiana final against Inter Milan, Albertini said: "When you come from these last non-positive results, the territory of a negativity is marked a little, when many times it is enough to find what is the common thread to be able to have a little more awareness. It is now several years that are always growing, now it is normal that there is a little more fear, that we see the play later, that you risk a little less... The usual things that can happen.

"Milan against Roma from the stadium seemed to me to be the master of the game, the Giallorossi seemed not there and instead after 2-0 with a little more superficiality perhaps did not manage well what could have been an unexpected reversal.

"I believe that many times believing too much in one's skill, being too peacock at that moment, leads to making some mistakes."

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Still no exciting rumors :(

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I don't care
Pioli was regarded as shit before he got here.
He did great with the kids and won a Scudetto
He deserves at least this season before I get off the train
Football is strange. He could win us the CL this season while being poor in the league

What I care about is that he has the tools to succeed

Get. A. Fuckin. RW :o

I've said this before, Pioli needs more tools and better tools for the job.

Give a guy a screwdriver to put in a nail and see how far the guy gets on... As you've said he deserves some credit, but does have limitations, but the squad has more limitations.

I hope both coach and squad can grow and develop together.

The next 6 months are so pivotal on many levels, but RedBurd need to open their purse if we can make space in the squad.

It's absolutely shocking that the series A champions have no buyers for some of our fodder... I get that some are on silly wages but surely absorbing some wage costs while making space has to be done?

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
we miss kessie and magnian more than you guys think. kessie had incredible workrate, phisicality, he never had to be subbed. was never injured. could play multiple positions. it was like losing 2 players.
his contribution is also underappreciated imo.
also downhills happen all the time. zero reason to go crazy and start over.

did we overachieve last year? yeah. so what? more kudos to the staff and players. that makes the victory even more sweet. its not like you can win a year long championship by being lucky..

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Some delusional poster will says like :
1. We're still 2nd in serie A (well if we continue to have bad form like this, we probably will be out from top 4)
2. It was Mickey Mouse cup anyways
3. All that matters is financial stability, we cannot spend like man city. Even tho we zero tituli for 10 years, i'll accept it, if that means for financial stability (lol)
4. Adli thiaw vrancx are our savior and next Messi
Complaining about not complaining?

1674131550664.jpeg

:lol:

MB’s approach is the better model

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
we miss kessie and magnian more than you guys think. kessie had incredible workrate, phisicality, he never had to be subbed. was never injured. could play multiple positions. it was like losing 2 players.
his contribution is also underappreciated imo.
also downhills happen all the time. zero reason to go crazy and start over.

did we overachieve last year? yeah. so what? more kudos to the staff and players. that makes the victory even more sweet. its not like you can win a year long championship by being lucky..
Kessie issue could have been easily solved, had two windows to bring in a replacement. But instead we went for Origi, to compete with zlatan on the stands cameras. We would have been better off if we didn’t bring a single player to the club, that is how much our transfer market was fucked up.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
We should make a big jump up to 350m or so next year, without any player sale profit.

As long as we invest!!!

Looks like we're holding onto our crown Jewels, let add some fucking bling ☺️😁

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Well it’s obvious that Scudetto was a fluke due to horrible competition. Shitty coach, shitty owners and the worst summer/winter mercato in ages. Back to year -1. Hope the next scudetto in 2032 is the result of great players, owners and a coach with some vision amd future at the club.
^

5311.jpg

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
Kessie issue could have been easily solved, had two windows to bring in a replacement. But instead we went for Origi, to compete with zlatan on the stands cameras. We would have been better off if we didn’t bring a single player to the club, that is how much our transfer market was fucked up.
i agree. but i would not (over)blame the players or the coach because of a slump.
i am pretty sure maldini and massara are just as smart as an average rnb supporter. although i am not even so sure anymore, after hearing what chiellini is talking about in whassup messages, haha.
i guess ownership change caused some troubles. our budget was surely limited. no excuses if we lose leao for free though...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
After a beta lowlife-speciment occupying our RW position for decade, having a literal God there would be refreshing.

*edit¹ : damn, it look like he's another LW :fp:
**edit² : and Andreas Schjelderup looks far more better :proud:

For the primavera, schjelderup would be a starter and for our pedosquad.

No more Belgians please!
I agree, but this one is for the primavera. He already has PSG and ManCity after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule