The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Juve will get docked 15 points or get relegated. I'll believe it when it happens and there's no chance of any further appeal. What's happening now is just going to mess everything up because of the doubt. The team in 4th place will always be in limbo and they'll have two positions 'with Juve appeal and without'. It's like Inter and that Bologna game (when is it getting played btw?). Any team within 15 points above Juve will be affected by this doubt.

What I know is that without CL money Juve are really really fucked. Their squad costs are almost double ours and they're already losing record amounts each year. They can't survive without selling. Vlahovic will most definitely be going to the PL, nobody in Serie A can afford him. Chiesa might be doable for us if we offer him the same as Leao. He's currently on 5m net and 9m gross (no growth decree). That would put him on par with Leao's new deal on gross wages. He's the ideal RW for us, and it's a huge opportunity that maybe Maldini is eyeing for the near future if shit really hits the fan for Juve (relegation, UEFA bans, etc).

True that. It's going to mess with Juve players as well tho. No one can say if fighting back from those 15 points might be even worth it, even if they get dropped by the CONI later in mid April because who knows what UEFA and later on the government will rule?

Another consideration: even if the worst case (relegation) doesn't happen, what if Juve still stays out of CL? Teams will lowball them and make them loose (as in earn way less) money on transfers. Right now they can probably still ask for a premium sum. In summer? Who can tell right now.

Very messy situation for them.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve already got docked. Look at serie A's standing on google.
And they’ll get undocked if/when they win the appeal. That’s my point, there’s always going to be this doubt.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Skriniar to PSG in the summer on 9m net and 25m sign on fee? Seems crazy high. If true I can see why everyone, Leao included, is encouraged to run their deals down.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
The AC #Milan Board of Directors, meeting on January 17, approved the entry of Randy #Levine , President of the New York Yankees, as new Director

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
only in italy top clubs will cheat blatantly and get caught...
Didnt juve have some lawyers that couldve given them advice?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Holy shit CDK from the start in a 433. Either he’s the CF or the RW. In any case, it’s great. Can’t wait. It is time. Finally Pioli is seeing the light.

This plus Juventus -15?

How to make the perfect week from here on out:
- Inter and Napoli don't win a single game for the next two this week
- We win all
- Oh, and @punisher finally gets his chance with Giusy Meloni

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perin as Maignan back up, Fagioli and Miretti as prospects to help with the UCL lists and Chiesa would be the players I would love to snap up from Juve but that will cost at least a 100 million. I don't see us forking out that sort of money.
Did you see us paying 1 mil in last 2 winter transfer.
We spended 40ish mil after wining scudeto and releasing kessie and rom plus ibra

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Did you see us paying 1 mil in last 2 winter transfer.
We spended 40ish mil after wining scudeto and releasing kessie and rom plus ibra
"Hope" my friend.
We feel disappointed when things don't go the way we want. It is all part of supporting the club. As a fan, we make dream formations, tactics and some people even do accounting and budgeting for the club. We have zero power in the club matters but we still like to dream and hope for the best things to happen for the club.
The club has not been spending much recently, MMM got many things wrong and Pioli looks clueless. But I like to hope that the club will open the purse at the right time, MMM will learn from mistakes and Pioli will get things right. If I am thinking that everything is going to be ruined and we will be back in Banter era, that is going to take away any enjoyment I can get from supporting the club.
For now until someone else snaps up Chiesa, I will continue to dream that we are gonna snap him up.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"Hope" my friend.
We feel disappointed when things don't go the way we want. It is all part of supporting the club. As a fan, we make dream formations, tactics and some people even do accounting and budgeting for the club. We have zero power in the club matters but we still like to dream and hope for the best things to happen for the club.
The club has not been spending much recently, MMM got many things wrong and Pioli looks clueless. But I like to hope that the club will open the purse at the right time, MMM will learn from mistakes and Pioli will get things right. If I am thinking that everything is going to be ruined and we will be back in Banter era, that is going to take away any enjoyment I can get from supporting the club.
For now until someone else snaps up Chiesa, I will continue to dream that we are gonna snap him up.
Buddy
You can hope but hope is for losers ... sorry
We need to act act act not hoping somethibg to change.
With this owners we simple will be around scudeto race and getting out of group stage and sometimes losing players for free

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
an article about our new director

Appointed in January 2000, Randy Levine is currently the President of the New York Yankees.

During his tenure and under his supervision and guidance, the Yankees built the new Yankee Stadium, a state-of-the-art facility with construction completed by the start of the 2009 season, which resulted in them winning their 27th league title. franchise history. Levine was one of the founders of YES Network, the most watched regional sports network in the United States, subsequently spearheading the sale of 80% of the network to 21st Century Fox and, in 2019, the purchase of YES Network from Disney Company at the head of a consortium formed by Amazon, Sinclair Broadcasting, Blackstone, Mubadala and Red Bird Capital. In 2020 Levine was named President of the YES Network. In 2008 he was instrumental in establishing Legends Hospitality, LLC, in partnership with the Dallas Cowboys. The company operates within the stadiums of the Yankees and Cowboys franchises and numerous globally known facilities, including One World Observatory. In January 2021, he led negotiations for the sale of Legends' majority stake to private equity firm Sixth Street Partners. In 2004, Levine helped launch Yankees-Steiner, a leading sports memorabilia company.

Levine led the international expansion process of the Yankees brand, which saw the launch of an unprecedented partnership with Manchester City Football Club in 2013. This agreement led to the joint acquisition of the twentieth Major League Soccer club, New York City Football Club (NYCFC), which began playing in 2015. Since then the club plays its home games at Yankee Stadium and has attracted over 2 million fans in its first 5 seasons. In 2010, Levine headed a Yankee delegation visiting Tokyo, Beijing and Hong Kong. During the tour, for the first time, a Yankees World Series trophy - the 2009 one - landed in Asia. In addition, Levine helped strengthen the joint venture between the Yankees and Yomiuri Shimbun, the parent company that controls the Yomiuri Giants, in Japan.

Levine pioneered the development of a wide range of entertainment and special events at Yankee Stadium, transforming the facility into a year-round facility and focal point for a wide and diverse array of events ranging from football college, football, hockey, music, boxing and corporate events.

Prior to joining the Yankees, Levine held the position of Deputy Mayor of New York City, covering economic development, planning and administration. He also served as the city's commissioner of labor.

From 1995 to 1997, he served as chief negotiator of Major League Baseball. In 1996 he negotiated the agreement which for the first time included the distribution of profits, the luxury tax and matches between franchises belonging to different leagues. Prior to 1995, Levine served as Assistant Deputy Attorney and Assistant Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice. He also served as a special delegate of the U.S. Department of Labor and as a vice president and board member of Hudson River Park. Levine still serves on the boards of directors of the Taylor Hooton Foundation and Hofstra University, while in the past he has served on the boards of ASPCA, George Washington University and the Yogi Berra Museum.

Levine has also served on the boards of the New Jersey Nets and New Jersey Devils and is a member of the boards of YES Network, Legends Hospitality, LLC and NYCFC. Levine is also an officer of Yankee Global Enterprises, LLC, and has served (or still serves) on Major League Baseball's international, diversity, labor policy and legislative committees.

Levine was a former partner at the New York law firm of Proskauer Rose Goetz & Mendelson, counsel at the firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, and is currently counsel at Jackson Lewis P.C.

Levine received a BA from George Washington University and a Juris Doctor from Hofstra University School of Law in 1980.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bonucci the leader.

Milan must react fast ,some of their players will demand transfers .Especially players with champions league ambition.
Obviously Vlahović and Chiesa are at the top of the list ,but i would also look at Bremer and Fagioli .

Yeah, ladri will undoubtedly agree to our loan + option worth 50 m offer instead of 70-80 m upfront from Chelsea/Arsenal/City

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The AC #Milan Board of Directors, meeting on January 17, approved the entry of Randy #Levine , President of the New York Yankees, as new Director

5 out of 9 board members are RB now. Other 4 are Scaroni, Furlani, Gordon Singer and the CFO.

I wonder what the plans are for the Yankees stuff. Besides selling each others' merch in the stores, what can you do really? Show Milan games in the YES network? Is that beneficial? Probably impossible to show live games anyway.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With this owners we simple will be around scudeto race and getting out of group stage and sometimes losing players for free
But we signed everyone to long term contracts... Leao is the last one. What more needs to be done for this myth to die?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perin as Maignan back up, Fagioli and Miretti as prospects to help with the UCL lists and Chiesa would be the players I would love to snap up from Juve but that will cost at least a 100 million. I don't see us forking out that sort of money.
A good number of Juve players probably does not have contracts for Serie B should they get relegated.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also Kess.
Its Real Madrid all over when football experts were forgetting the most important piece that is Makelele.
We have a mini Kessie with Krunic. If we play a 433 with Krunic instead of Brahim then we'll get back to the solid shape of the end of last season. I'm certain of it.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We have a mini Kessie with Krunic. If we play a 433 with Krunic instead of Brahim then we'll get back to the solid shape of the end of last season. I'm certain of it.
You talk about Kess as AM ?
Am talking about Kess who formed with Ben arguably the best midfield duo in europe.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The best choice for the 3rd spot in 4-3-3 mid is probably Krunic as he is the most well rounded, otherwise Pobega is the most in form BU mid and the biggest attacking threat. Only problem with those two is that it would leave Bennacer in the Anchor position which would point towards Vranckx.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Botman looks good, but I don't think he suits our setup. The fact that both Lille and Newcastle play him with a CB next to him at LB, underlines why Maldini (he said this) changed his mind about Botman.

At Newcastle, they stick Dan Burn next to him, while at Lille they put Djalo next to him. Burn played CB before Botman came, and he's naturally a CB. Djalo is playing CB for Lille now.

I think our LCB spot needs to have insane speed to cover for Theo and Leao. Maybe we'll change the way we play?

Unless Thiaw and Gabbia get their shit together, with Kjaer looking rusty still, it looks like we do need another CB, even if Tomori and Kalulu return to their imperious selves. I just don't think we need someone like Botman for that spot. I think CBs in the mold of Wesley Fofana, Simakan, etc are what is needed to cover that LCB spot.
You really think Maldini technically changed his mind about him ?
It would be stupid of him to go balls deep after him before technically judging him & Maldini is not stupid.
I think it was all about money pinching.
Why the fuck CDK was an exception for that rule is beyond me.
I never wanted Botman because i thought we had other priorities but if we got instead of CDK would have been sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.