Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You talk about Kess as AM ?
Am talking about Kess who formed with Ben arguably the best midfield duo in europe.
Tonali and Bennacer together are great as long as they're not being asked to cover the entire midfield. Krunic in front of them is our best option right now in the squad. Let's try it out, Bennacer stays deeper, Tonali and Krunic push forward, and we have three midfielders instead of two so we don't get overrun. There's no point obsessing over Kessie right now. Krunic can provide that balance we need and also some height going forward.

I have a feeling we're going to be playing Krunic as AM for the next few weeks as we look to play a lot simpler and regain our balance and confidence.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You really think Maldini technically changed his mind about him ?
It would be stupid of him to go balls deep after him before technically judging him & Maldini is not stupid.
I think it was all about money pinching.
Why the fuck CDK was an exception for that rule is beyond me.
I never wanted Botman because i thought we had other priorities but if we got instead of CDK would have been sweet.
It's both. He decided Botman wouldn't give him as much bang for his buck because Kalulu was doing well at CB. Of course he'd rather get him, but he felt that the resources were better spent elsewhere in the squad. It is what it is, and I think it was a mistake (and said so at the time) but the argument was both technical and financial.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Tonali and Bennacer together are great as long as they're not being asked to cover the entire midfield.
I disagree.
The fact that Ben-Tona seems better when Kru is there is simply because we have a decent player in Kru instead of a shit player like Diaz.
But as a duo Ben-Tona isnt dominant enough like when we had Kess next to one of them.
Am not talking about having an acceptable duo , am talking about having a kick ass duo.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we manage to move Bennacer into the LCM position he can cover for Theo and Leao and feed them with passes, that would probably be Bennacer´s ideal role in our squad. That is if we play a real (flat) 4-3-3, if it is a 4-2-3-1 with a CM at CAM than we are talking about something different altogether.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree.
The fact that Ben-Tona seems better when Kru is there is simply because we have a decent player in Kru instead of a shit player like Diaz.
But as a duo Ben-Tona isnt dominant enough like when we had Kess next to one of them.
Am not talking about having an acceptable duo , am talking about having a kick ass duo.
We're not getting a midfielder anytime soon (unless we get Loftus Cheek on loan). What is the best trio in midfield now, since we're hopefully shifting to a 433?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we manage to move Bennacer into the LCM position he can cover for Theo and Leao and feed them with passes, that would probably be Bennacer´s ideal role in our squad. That is if we play a real (flat) 4-3-3, if it is a 4-2-3-1 with a CM at CAM than we are talking about something different altogether.
Who plays a flat 3 in midfield? It's always an anchor or a double pivot, that's the only way you can cover the space well. I think our shape will alternate between an anchor (Bennacer) and a double pivot (Bennacer + Tonali) depending on the game state.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's both. He decided Botman wouldn't give him as much bang for his buck because Kalulu was doing well at CB. Of course he'd rather get him, but he felt that the resources were better spent elsewhere in the squad. It is what it is, and I think it was a mistake (and said so at the time) but the argument was both technical and financial.

That makes more sense then suddenly realizing that Botman isn't the "right type of defender" for this Milan team!! And that Thiaw would suit the team better!!

Kjaer is not too fast and did really well in Milan before his injury. It's crazy to think that Botman, who is much faster than Kjaer, is too slow to fit in!!

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who plays a flat 3 in midfield? It's always an anchor or a double pivot, that's the only way you can cover the space well. I think our shape will alternate between an anchor (Bennacer) and a double pivot (Bennacer + Tonali) depending on the game state.
Anchor + 2 CMs is what I mean with flat.
With a double pivot it is imo not very different from a 4-2-3-1.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Juve are clearly guilty. Those resignations prove it. Why would they all resign? Even Agnelli stepped down.
They didn't resign over this case, they resigned over the false accounting case which will take part in March and is way more serious than this one.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We're not getting a midfielder anytime soon (unless we get Loftus Cheek on loan). What is the best trio in midfield now, since we're hopefully shifting to a 433?
433 would require bringing more players unless Adli & Vran are suitable for it.
But yes , since we lack DM & AM then 433 could & should be the way to go.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
The AC #Milan Board of Directors, meeting on January 17, approved the entry of Randy #Levine , President of the New York Yankees, as new Director

No way they managed to find a person that looks goofier than Scaroni.

Screenshot-2023-01-21-15-22-53-679-edit-de-motain-iliga.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
As much as I wish we had more money to spend, a transfer strategy like Chelsea's would piss me off. Soulless buying of players who I can't imagine have been scouted enough both in terms of technical characteristic and personality.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Napoli next ? :D
I think this was explained well

it wasn’t that players were overvalued, it’s that the documented transfer was different than the “2nd set of books” value

Juventus fans are angered that Napoli didn’t get pulled into this but it seems fairly clear that Juve were the only club to blatantly lie on their books

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree.

bennacer is difficult player...
cant defend but wants to build up play

can work but for example needs a killer box 2 box (yaya style) next to him who can defend well (better then tonali) and go forward
tonali looking kind of meh tbh ...solid player but nothing crazy...

bennacer need something else next to him if were doing double pivot

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Whatever happens wuth figc no way they ll escape uefa. They were showing smaller loses than what they were, lying stock holders, artifficialy keeping stock prices...

3 year ban from uefa competition ll be fine. They ll lose 60 to 80M in revenue per year. Adidas might cut their 50M sponsorship. Even if they dont no way they ll renew at 50M. Might lose stadium name deal. They ll be left with their fake Fiat sponsorship.
Loses in last 2 years were 500M.

No way players in prime ll stay without cl. Vlahovic, bremer, chiesa,.....

Considering financial impact they ll have to sell at lower prices. In italy only we can afford chiesa for wages and transfer fee. We should be all over him. And Soule. Kid reminds me of young di maria.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
As much as I wish we had more money to spend, a transfer strategy like Chelsea's would piss me off. Soulless buying of players who I can't imagine have been scouted enough both in terms of technical characteristic and personality.
Lol

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You really think Maldini technically changed his mind about him ?
It would be stupid of him to go balls deep after him before technically judging him & Maldini is not stupid.
I think it was all about money pinching.
Why the fuck CDK was an exception for that rule is beyond me.
I never wanted Botman because i thought we had other priorities but if we got instead of CDK would have been sweet.
Maldini gave an interview which talked specifically over how his (and Pioli's) ideas changed. He used Botman and Tomori as examples.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That makes more sense then suddenly realizing that Botman isn't the "right type of defender" for this Milan team!! And that Thiaw would suit the team better!!

Kjaer is not too fast and did really well in Milan before his injury. It's crazy to think that Botman, who is much faster than Kjaer, is too slow to fit in!!
Kjaer plays on our defensively more sound right side, Botman always plays as a LCB. After Kjaer got hurt and especially after January, Pioli actually changed our defensive pressing triggers, and our rest defense. It was a really aggressive change, and I think it changed our strategy.

I still don't get how everyone who is crying about Botman doesn't see what two teams have done for him: they've both parked a CB next to him at LB.

So it wasn't some sudden realization, it looks like there was a change in strategy during the second half of the season when Pioli's new tactics resulted in our defense tightening up dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule