Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Zaniolo has such a shit attitude on top of that. He's not allowing himself to be selected for matches. Why would we want a little shit like that here?
Please you were creaming over adli whole summer, said that pobega would replace kessie and dybala wouldn’t be good signing.

Why would we trust your player judgement?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Please you were creaming over adli whole summer, said that pobega would replace kessie and dybala wouldn’t be good signing.

Why would we trust your player judgement?
Yes, I think Adli is good. No, I didn't want Dybala.

But this whole "I thought Pobega would replace Kessie" shit is getting on my nerves. I was expecting us to bring in Renato. It wasn't that I wanted Pobega to be our third choice CM, I thought that we were going to change our style of play.

On Aug 13, 2022 I wrote about Pobega:
Samaldinho said:
I never said that he's some world-beater, I've been very clear about what I think about him, people are acting like I think he'll be the next Gattuso or some shit. I simply said that his best case scenario is Ambrosini, that more likely, he'll hover around a Brocchi-Cristante kind of player. Which is a solid, good player, but nothing incredible.

On Aug 4, 2022 I wrote:
Samaldinho said:
However, even if Kessie stayed, and was paying Milan 4m gross to play for Milan, I would have wanted Renato. So, I'm actually really disappointed at losing him, Campos being at PSG really sucks because he's not a moron like Leonardo, and worse, he's cunning.

I say that to say this: Pobega is our Kessie replacement, our defensive midfielder who has a great engine. The thing is: we don't need a Kessie replacement. We need another good midfielder who can handle the ball, pass, and be dynamic.

That's why I say, even if we kept Kessie, we need another CM who can add to our CM unit.

On July 31, 2022 I wrote:
Seeing how we are playing, I can see why we are looking at someone like Renato for our CM unit with Pobega being a more rotational option.

Or this:
Once Tonali came up, I think we outgrew Kessie. Renato would have been the perfect CM partner for these two, and we could rotate the three of them, with Pobega being brought on when needed to give one of them more freedom.

I'm curious to see what Vranckx can offer us.

So my point wasn't that Pobega would replace Kessie in terms of importance, but, that I thought that Renato was coming and that he would be the guy to replace Kessie, but that if we needed someone to just sit and be defensive, that Pobega could do that role.

I'm not about to get stuck with shit I didn't say.

It's amazing how so many of you pay attention to my dumb stupid opinions and still can't even get them right.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That’s the difference between some supporters. Some want a foundation that’s conducive to winning silverware every season while others are content with a scudetto every decade. We can be grateful for last season’s triumph while criticizing the fact that our management didn’t build on that success by taking steps in the right direction (i.e. spending an entire budget on one player who currently isn’t performing, redeeming unproductive players and failing to adequately address a squad with numerous holes, etc.).

We are not being managed as efficiently as we can and it’s ok for supporters to highlight that fact without being subject to outbursts by their red and black brothers.

A club’s performance on the transfer market is almost always directly correlated to their sporting performance. Shrewd and calculated business is the recipe for proper squad building and success. I’m sorry that Alexis Saelemaekers and junior messias are not helping us win and also won’t yield any significant ROI. I didn’t make that decision, that was made by Maldini and his colleagues at Casa Milan. Nor did I forego the opportunity of selling Leao in the beginning of July and using those funds to rebuild the squad. That was again a decision taken by Maldini and co. We have to be more prudent going forward and avoid lingering on irregular success. That is how we entered the banter era.
Yes. Me. I’m content with a single season victory and not long term sustainable success.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cristiano Giuntoli
So when he took Napoli from 2nd to 7th and then 5th, those two years of Europa League, you would have kept him? Because of the 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd places that he got in the years before those two years in midtable, right?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
tumblr_nkzdgbXiMz1rlx538o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let’s think like his name is not maldini , his name is zahovic. Business decisions or judgements should be made depending on results just results not love or past or personality. Maldini was extremely successful last 2 year, he is total disaster this year. He deserves 1 more year , if he succeed then go on , if he fails then a new guy comes.
I understand who defend both pioli and maldini and say they must continue for another year but if someone say pioli should go but maldini is superb then it is total nonsense. Last 2 year pioli was perfect with this squad also maldini was. This year Pioli is average maybe 5-6/10 but Maldini is 0/10. Zero performance from new transfers.

So I totally respect who says pioli and maldini should be trusted. But if someone say pioli is bad and should go , maldini is superb and who criticize is bad then it makes no sense
Complete disaster= second place (same points as last year) behind a record setting Napoli and in the knockouts of the CL with an non stop injury crisis.

Got it.

moving-goalpost.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Flashback: We won the scudetto last season, particularly thanks to a great six matches by leao who hit top form and was virtually unplayable near the end of the season
Oh my god the excuses to remove all agency from our scudetto win….

Now we only won because Leao played great for 6 games. What the glorious fuck are you talking about. Every team that wins anything depends on their stars to win some games. So Napoli isn’t worth shit because Osimhen is on red hot form? It’s not the rest of the team or the squad or the coach? No it’s just this one thing that happened that you can point at that’s isolated and unrelated to coaching and player acquisition.

Even that point is stupid, Maldini and the recruitment team deserve credit for choosing and sticking with Leao when there were calls to sell him, and Pioli deserves credit for developing him. That means nothing because it’s all Leao he won us the title all by his lonesome.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, not at all. I’ll simplify it.

Flashback: We won the scudetto last season, particularly thanks to a great six matches by leao who hit top form and was virtually unplayable near the end of the season.

What we should have done: Leao had suitors all over europe after his brilliant campaign, some concrete and others rumoured. Maldini and co. should’ve got on the phone with representatives from all of those clubs right after the last piece of confetti fell on Mapei stadium’s pitch and began increasing his peak value even more by making it seem as if a deal had been in place with other clubs for his signature.

we should’ve sold then sold leao to the highest bidder and that would’ve have unlocked some funds for the summer transfer window long before (months) redbird’s closing. Ideally, the funds would’ve been used to address every issue we had with our squad, from top to bottom. If CDK would’ve been purchased under those conditions, his transfer would not have been scrutinized as heavily.

Instead: he chose to wait and see if the new owners wanted him and what terms they would present to him to work under. Professionally, you can’t blame an employee for waiting to see what’s in store for them going forward but his brand is built on loving Milan so you can’t fault the fans to think he would’ve operated that way without a guarantee on his future. Gattuso chose to forego his payout due to his love for Milan and we are forever grateful to him for that. No one could blame him for taking what he earned but he chose to have that go towards improving Associazione Calcio Milan. Uomo vero.

Maldini chose to sit on his backside and used the €50m budget to renew messias, sign CDK and Thiaw and getting vranckx and dest on loan w/option. Objectively terrible mercato. Yet, you want us to sing Paul Maldini’s praises because of one scudetto after 4 seasons to learn on the job.

Mind you, Maldini and Boban were hired as basically paid interns with a full salary because of their connection with Milan. These weren’t seasoned experts we were hiring. Milanisti are entitled to reserve their judgement on the performance of club employees the same way Paul Maldini felt entitled to work for Milan in an administrative capacity while scrutinizing Adriano Galliani for his poor handling of the club and rightfully so. It’s our turn to peruse the execution of his duties. If there was a dereliction of duty, no one can prevent us from speaking out. Neither Gerry cardinale nor pilgrims to the shrine of Maldini. We will speak out when necessary.
I just read the rest of the post. So your plan is to sell the best asset you have had in ages, years before he reached his peak value, because you’re worried about losing him for free and because you want funds to improve the team.

This thinking is so wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to start.

Maldini is about to renew him, so that point isn’t valid anyway. He (is about to) beat you on that one. We will have Leao for the medium term at least and he will help us win. You won’t get anyone as good as him for the amount we’re going to get for him if we sell.

We don’t need the money. If there was an opportunity to buy someone we need we’ll buy them. The issue is sustainability. We want our squad costs to be in line with our revenue. Player sales are great to pump that up, but we’re not a selling club. We don’t have a ceiling that we’re uncomfortable breaking. We want to win the CL, not just be content with Serie A and qualifying. You do that by keeping your best players like Leao and Theo. We sell disposable players and players that want to leave. Once revenue justifies spending big, we’ll spend big (this coming summer). Selling Leao for big money is an artificial increase in revenue and you’re just swapping players around. That’s a huge risk. We know Leao works for us. We don’t know if his replacements will. Why take that risk? We’re looking in hindsight at the missed transfers but there’s also a ton of people we were linked to like Faivre and Kabak that ended up being shit. Not every transfer is a home run.

Our method is to buy players that we have scouted well and believe in for the long term. That takes time. We have patience. They believe in CDK and don’t see him as a failure. You do and that’s your problem. They’re building the squad for the next 5 years and beyond. We won last season and still have a squad good enough to win again. The big upgrade could have happened last summer but because of the change of ownership it was probably delayed to the upcoming summer, that’s too bad, but it doesn’t mean we voluntarily sell fucking Leao to make up for it. That’s insane.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are glossing over Marotta's!

Jesus Christ. Inter did the same transfer inflation bullshit as Juve, it seems that Marotta's saving grace was that he wasn't as fucking stupid as Juve's management and decided to inflate the values further on his books. And you're going to talk to me about how Marotta's strategy on the transfer market, with high wages did not impact Inter's financial situation?

Come on.
Be fair, at least Marotta hasn’t bought CDK for 35m and judged him as a failure 5 months later.

He spent it on Correa who was definitely worth that much.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How can he culpable for the capital restrictions placed on suning from ccp? You can only judge a man by what he has to work with and he’s turned lemons into lemonade at inter and steered them to a Scudetto, Coppa Italia and two supercoppa Italiana trophies
Inter squad cost 280m.
Milan squad cost 140m.

Maldini won the title hiring Pioli and a bunch of kids. Marotta won it paying Conte 13m net and Lukaku and Hakimi with bounced cheques.

Also, Inter’s financial problems have nothing to do with Suning. That’s a separate problem. You’d imagine spending so much time in spreadsheets like you do you’d know this. Inter have a huge 100m+ deficit because their income is a lot less than their spending. That spending part is Marotta’s fault entirely, for building a team that’s beyond the means of the club. That’s something that Maldini is not doing. Big huge massive difference. They’re now suffering financially because of that imbalance (not because of Suning). Suning wants to sell Inter, but inters problems are inters own doing not Suning. If anything Suning pumped way too much money into Inter to finance Marotta’s spending spree.

Is that what a good director of sport is supposed to do? Or is it better to judge performance based on resources allocated? Oh wait that’s numbers and spreadsheet talk, we don’t do that here we just spout baseless opinions.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A couple of years ago daPlan was laughed at for even suggesting the goal was to win Serie A with financial sustainability in the medium term and build a team capable of challenging for the CL in the long term.

Now 2 years later anything but winning the title every season is a huge complete failure that demands heads to roll and people accountable for that unmitigated disaster.

I guess that's a win?

We were losing 100m+ every season, before covid. We had the second highest squad cost in the league. We're now the fifth, behind Roma. We're about to end the FY with a profit... in Serie A... as a club that DOESN'T sell players. This is magical realism territory we're talking about. Fairytale stuff. To do it while building a team of young superstars THAT ALREADY WON A FUCKING SCUDETTO?!?! That's lifetime achievement stuff. I can't believe the fucking ungratefulness, shortsightedness and impatience to demand that Maldini, the person most responsible for this success, is being criticized and asked to be fired because we're hitting a few bumps in the road... Because he spent 35m on CDK and he's still adapting...

Holy shit, some people here are on a different plane of reality... I'm so glad we have some adults in charge.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sad reading the players we are linked to right now: Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Zaniolo :(

Banter era style rumors

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
How many G/A has Berardi got this season?

Asking for a friend...

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Complete disaster= second place (same points as last year) behind a record setting Napoli and in the knockouts of the CL with an non stop injury crisis.

Got it.

moving-goalpost.gif
Zero transfer contribution. Weaker team than last year. This is last years team. So this year is complete disaster for maldini. With 50 million we couldn’t even get a bench player who come in and help for 30 minutes for 3-4 matches. Another way if we had a transfer ban last summer it would have zero effect on this years team performance even would be better because we would not have to give time to 50 million garbage (until now) we bought. Also we couldn’t sell anyone. So this year
1-50 million garbage we bought, zero transfer contribution
2-we opted in garbages (messias)
3-we go on with injury prone players ( rebic , florenzi )
4-no kessie replacement
5-missing perfectly scouted players who perform excellently (enzo , botman etc)

So Maldini this season is 0/100. The only good thing is bennacer renewal. Maybe we can give 5/100 because of that nothing more.

You can say maldini was successful last years and he is the soul of the club , he has right to make mistakes ok. But saying he is successful or even not disaster this year is delusional.

About team performance we were just 4 points away from 7th place before juves fine and have lazio away game on the last day of the first half and in champions league going through is what should be. We were in pot 1. Again last year success. We eliminated salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb , it is very normal not a success we just didn’t fail

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Zaniolo? I absolutely approve.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Carlo is the only non-milan coach I like. Everyone else is overrated as fuck. Fuck them.

And fuck Kessie.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Carlo is the only non-milan coach I like. Everyone else is overrated as fuck. Fuck them.

And fuck Kessie.

The Kessie love REALLY confuses me... He told us he loves us and will stay forever, then dumped us.

Moves to ride Barca's bench, it's obvious they took him to sell him in some sort of book balancing manoeuvre... They're snapping up anyone with value on an expiring contract.

That's by the by, he dumped us, might move to inter now, and some folk would STILL take him back... What sort of cuck-ery is this???!!!

Move on, we know what we need, and it's a "Kessie" type player, we don't want actual Kessie back.... Aaaaand, it's not like he's going to come back for free. We'd end up giving him more than we were paying him originally for the honour of taking his whore cheating ass back, da fuck guys 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes we need more muscle, but not Kessie!!!!!

Fuck 😂😂😂

And send Diaz the fuck back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule