• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
This is clearly a ‘deal’ sort of move. We have a file on Zaniolo that says he’s worth around 25m for us, and that he has pros and cons that make that number viable in our system. He’s suddenly available for that number so we’re moving for it. Fits our previous patterns when going for good deal players. Worst case we have an ok winger that we can probably sell for the same value in a few years.

Some people wanted him for around 40m in the summer. 25 loan obligation seems like a good deal for a player like Zaniolo, and fitting in a defined system with specific instructions, maybe he finds himself like Kessie did. That was Kessie’s problem before Pioli, too free doing too many things and needed focus and to limit what he does to the things he does best.

Who knows, maybe Zaniolo ends up being a better RW than Saelemaekers and Messias, in which case we can eventually sell both and get a RW to rotate with Zaniolo.

The point I’m trying to make is that the fact that he’s not expensive makes it’s a low risk move. High(ish) upside and very low downside for a position that we need to upgrade.

I doubt they would have moved for him if he wasn’t a good deal.
If it happens and what you describe is the overall plan then plaudits to Milan for thinking outside of the box and seizing an opportunity to get a great RW down the line.

The big risk with Zaniolo is his attitude and high risk of injury. If he arrives it is far from ideal but I will wish him well should he arrive.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Opta made this supercomputer prediction 3 weeks ago.

They say we have 44% chance to finish 2nd, 28% third, 14% 4th. Also we have almost the same chance to finish 5th as we have for 1st.

49231110-CCEF-4906-92D2-36EDBF672EEA.jpeg

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For 25m euros its a good deal. We wont get anyone better for that. He is Italian, knows the league, maybe do something with career, mourinho was killing their attack to only a few days ago. You all saw that match. Anyway we need a spark who knows, he maybe it. Plus we haven't got him yet.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What do you guys think Chiesa's price would be? I'm honestly asking.

How about this... (1) What do you think Chiesa's price if Juve just miss out on top four? (2) What do you think Chiesa's price would be if Juve get relegated?

Where do you think he would go in either scenario?

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Leeds pulled a Cyril Domoraud on us. Moncada wanted Sinisterra who can play on either wing, they feigned interest for CDK and Maldini took the bait. We were left with the soy boy while Leeds got a stud. Leeds best player before injury. :PThinking:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
For 25m euros its a good deal. We wont get anyone better for that. He is Italian, knows the league, maybe do something with career, mourinho was killing their attack to only a few days ago. You all saw that match. Anyway we need a spark who knows, he maybe it. Plus we haven't got him yet.
:thumbsup:

Agreed...he just needs confidence and a loving environment to thrive like Tomori, Theo, Kjaer etc.

Here's a game from earlier this season...I'd take him on the right flank over Messias/Salad and CDK in the hole any day. Also, he has a very direct, imposing style and plays with a lot of confidence which is something you can't teach.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

How about this... (1) What do you think Chiesa's price if Juve just miss out on top four? (2) What do you think Chiesa's price would be if Juve get relegated?

Knowing juve they will set it at 50m most likely. They would rather sell him to another team in England than sell him For less to an Italian side.

For RW he would be ideal and the proceedings against Juve will influence how they value him in the end. If juve are forced to sell and Chiesa wants to stay in Italy Milan have a chance to get a deal on him. But if juve can set the price and destination most likely EPL -sadly.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not that worried about Zaniolo from a personal character perspective. We seem to choose players quite carefully in that respect, and there’s obviously an established locker room environment that makes it harder for someone to come in and be a prick or disruptive. If he doesn’t try hard enough, Zlatan/Kjaer/Florenzi/Calabria will let him know. At least that’s how it looks from the outside.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup:

Agreed...he just needs confidence and a loving environment to thrive like Tomori, Theo, Kjaer etc.

Here's a game from earlier this season...I'd take him on the right flank over Messias/Salad and CDK in the hole any day. Also, he has a very direct, imposing style and plays with a lot of confidence which is something you can't teach.

If it comes to pass I hope ye are right. I don’t like him personally but if in the end he regains top form, stays injury free and develops the attitude to shine for Milan great, personal thoughts will be secondary to Milan’s success.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk theo was a cunt before joining us and look how he matured. I think he gonna settle well in the milan environment. Also players at milan are more protected by italian media than as roma.

Hopefully we go back to winning ways, so it will be easy for him to settle in

*the way am typing as if we have signed him lool.. getting too excited*
Ok for our boy qaas

he-gets-the-pass-eric-bauza.gif

Or at least same leeway the other signings get

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly...Zaniolo's transfer will be funded by one or more of Salad, Messias + Krunic leaving so I don't know what the fuck everybody is complaining about. Therefore, our c.50m summer mercato remains untouched and we can use those funds to further reinforce the right flank or strengthen other positions.

In other words, if Roma agreed to swap Zaniolo for Salad, Messias + Krunic bruh's would be proclaiming it the deal of the century! :lol:
I’m getting worried that we’re agreed on something… feels dirty

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we do sign Zaniolo, I'd like to see him play as CF since he is quite good as a finisher.

I think we need a defensive midfielder that could take some pressure off of Tonali and Bennacer.
Oh please, for the love of god no.

Focus on RW.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m not that worried about Zaniolo from a personal character perspective. We seem to choose players quite carefully in that respect, and there’s obviously an established locker room environment that makes it harder for someone to come in and be a prick or disruptive. If he doesn’t try hard enough, Zlatan/Kjaer/Florenzi/Calabria will let him know. At least that’s how it looks from the outside.
What if he turns into another Cdk?

We don't even got the cure for the current one

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The post that i supposedly defended...i never even saw it
You are such a low iq animal
You know what they call ppl who comment on things they don't know the context of?
Hint: it's not smart :)

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
@nonsonoqui @joyrider @AC_Wesley
I have seen people get banned or at least get a warning for wishing death on players/coaches… is it allowed to wish death on fellow posters?
General wishes you to be happy and be hit by a bus. Its obvious he wants to stop your suffer from this club on earth and move on as benign spirit.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He simply can't be worse than what we have currently,might aswell take a punt on him actually living up to his potential.He also played for inter and comes across as sort of a prick on the field ,so fuck it ,why not.
How many times have we used this justification in the past? :proud:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They knew there was no money in winter and we knew (from reports that we didn't want to believe) that the summer budget was 50m

They knew full well what the situation was.
I defend them and always put the blame on owners but they knew the budget was going to be limited.

The net mercato with sales turned out to be around 35 mil! So even much worse than 50 mil! With 50 mil instead of 35, you get Enzo instead of Vranckx plus maybe someone else instead of either Messias or Thiaw.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If they weren't in trouble I'd say 70 million since they sold Kulusevski for 50 million but since they're in deep shit, they probably would take 40 million plus bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule