SS Lazio - AC Milan 24/01/2023 20:45 CET

voom

Banned
Reaction score
If Juve stayed I think missing the CL was more likely than not.
Nothing is over. Every team is playing better than us at the moment. Europa League is highly possible if we continue like this.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
See how clueless he is. Starting with the Roma game. When he suddenly change decides to play with 5 at the back. And know he continues to play 4231

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's your conclusion after watching that first half?
This is from the past few games, all of Jan. We wouldn’t have maybe beat Inter. But the smaller games against Lecce and smaller teams are key. And we losing crucial points.

It’s also important for a keeper to keep you in the game. Tata is by no means the only issue. But for me Mike or half a decent keeper pushes that ball away and keeps us in the game. It’s those crucial details that matter. While it might not win us games. We need that.

There’s a host of other problems. But you can’t fix everything now, if there is one thing I want fixed in Jan is that position and who knows when Mike returns at this rate, might just reinjure himself. But Tata can’t play anymore.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Hopefully Diaz will crash into Messias & Sale rush to their help & he get injured with all three missing the rest of the season.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
For the life of me i never will understand why Pioli didn't just play Krunic or Vranckx instead of Diaz. Nothing was more obvious than that we need more physicality and solidity in midfield.

Now with this gifted loss against a direct rival we now have to deal with this whole tiresome fight for top 4 bullshit again until May.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
our two midfield system is not working. Last year there was kessie , physical beast. We cant play with diaz on amc. We should play 3 men midfield. We desperately need 1 more body in the midfield. So krunic even cdk should come in.
Also our full backs are easily passable, they are giving company to lazio players.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Maldini has blame as well. 2 stupid things he did was give Pioli an extension and sign Messias permanently. Not to mention your coach doesn't play your big money signing of the summer which makes you in turn look stupid.
:thumbsup:

4za

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's up lads. Sour times for us but at least we're not alone as Inter and Juve seem to be having their own issues. Anyway I think our biggest issue right now is fatigue. We're using too many of these guys week in week out either side of a World Cup. Perhaps there's a vast drop in quality between our starters and bench and Pioli chooses not too give guys like Thiaw and Vrankx more opportunities. Our usual press has been non existent for ages now. We've had this mess coming for a while as we had been playing horribly for ages. The low confidence and low energy combo is going to be hard to work through. Didn't want to single him out as we have bigger issues but I think Tata has absolutely no presence between the sticks. That second goal stung a bit as the angle should have been narrowed by him..

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same team over an over again. Only players he changing now and then is Messias with Saelemaekers.
He only knows 4231. When he got his licence, didnt they learn him, you can play football with different tactics ?
I don’t get Messias either. He isn’t doing great upfront and is a liability at the back? What’s his purpose? Saelemakers covers space at least. Even if awful everywhere else.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
kermit-suicide.gif

I can’t handle another banter era
This match is very triggering

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Combination of shit decision by Pioli as well as our senior players.

Bennacer and his dumb yellows. At least this time it was a stiff arm and not a Paletta style tackle. Calabria horrow show.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
our two midfield system is not working. Last year there was kessie , physical beast. We cant play with diaz on amc. We should play 3 men midfield. We desperately need 1 more body in the midfield. So krunic even cdk should come in.
Also our full backs are easily passable, they are giving company to lazio players.
Said this also. We constantly are a man short in midfield. Defence are shaking all the time

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So after this game they'll go into ritiro again, win over the weekend then the cycle of sucking will start over again.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
6th Atalanta have 35 points ,we at 2nd 38.
With shit form Europa league here we come .

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm 100% on the same page. Before when things didn't work, or injuries were overbearing, Pioli looked for solutions and more often than not they paid off. Now he expects what worked to work, and when it doesn't is apparently blind to the issues at hand. There is no single fault - it's not underperforming players, or injuries, or fatigue, or the team mental drop off - it's everything together of which the fault ultimately lies with Pioli.

Teams know our poor form like you've said, and know all they need to do is try and shoot and score early. Getting that goal? We make it easy for them. And then? Unless you collapse somehow, we won't get a sniff on goal.

Pioli has a very thin thread remaining before he should be cut.
I don't know when last we hit 3 goals against an opponent or even clear cut chances since our title winning run. Iv been skeptical of mister because he has no attacking ideas other than get ball to leao{remember suso saga} and hope for the best or a strangely majestic giroud finish after some hopeful ball in the box

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli needs to go i said it after roma. That was the catalyst for this guy to lose it. He has completely lost the players. This is all down to him. Your defence is bad, do something about it. Fuck do a juve. Dont leave calabria acting like cafu. Dont let dest sit there like a bitch. The whole thing is a travesty. How can a team like that fall do hard? Ill tell you, cos this is pioli. He needs to go. I am so upset. Enough is enough

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Simply wow..players all ball chasing not picking up runners. I'm so pissed.
Not players fault... the club is world class... the players playing for us arent

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli and the management. They stuck to their ideas and acted accordingly.
I put way more fault on Pioli, because the issues that are plaguing us are far more linked to his choices, strategies, and training.

Would I have liked to have more players that were ready to contribute? Of course. But, he's done a terrible job this year, and he's not even doing the things that worked for him before when injuries impacted the squad.

Teams are overloading the midfield, and when our attack is this inept, he is double and tripling down on an all-out-attack. Why?

Put Pobega the donkey as your CAM, put Brahim RW, and have a little more solidity.

All the injuries, the muscle fatigue, that's all on him. He's the one who runs out players into the ground, and doesn't integrate players, the last time I was this angry at our manager was GP during pre-season.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
That Pioli contract renewal was way too early. Now the bald turned complacent.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good thing Juventus -15'd themselves. As it stands, Napoli should run away with the Scudetto, but we've Inter, Lazio, and Roma only a point from our sorry ass. Atalanta 3 behind. Top 4 is at risk unless Pioli pulls something out the bag, or we bring in someone who can instead.

finnishhacker

Banned
Reaction score
Don't think for a second that Tata is the cause of our problems. He is a problem though.
huge problem. i have said this before and i will say it again. When i play football in amateur level, when we have a bad goalkeeper, it gives you a feeling that its not worth it to even sweat and run when you know that your goalie will conceed every shot. Ofc its not our only problem, we suck at every sector of the field, but the goalkeeper is a big setback

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MMM deserve another summer in charge to fix the mess they created after winning the Scudetto last season but that's it.
To be honest i don't think they do, for the below reasons
1) Next year will be deciding year if we will be really back to be within good teams in serie a or back to the banter era(5-10) level team so another fuck up means we are officially in the banter era with probably losing all our remaining stars(leao, theo, bennacer...)
2) they failed hugely in contract extension(gio, Kessie, hakan, Roma) they had chances to at least sell Kessie or Hakan but they failed in that and they didn't even brought any decent sub.
3) They failed the mercato with the worst bunch of scrubs anyone can assemble(CDK, Origi, dest...) and renewing the likes of Florenzi, Messaias, pobega...

4) and most important they have no character, this year was their chance to put their conditions on the new management in terms of transfers, they failed to do so even when everybody was thinking they are doing a great job, how do you think the management will give them what they want next year while everybody saw how bad they performed this year??

so no, thanks but no thanks.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I read Dest article. He know what to do, but his teammates dont know what to do. His doing is lonely.

Schedule