Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Niiice
Now I know you are not a dinosaur like the rest of us
well…. i'm pushing 30 so for a carti listener definitely a dinosaur when you consider his teenage fanbase. music still hard tho.:o

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forget chelsea, did we not just got r-worded by lazio and inter?
If we agree on that we don’t think milan can beat tottenham head to head then there is really nothing to discuss
Injuries, and our team is exhausted because we have had to run our players into the ground, thanks to those injuries.

That was a basically full strength Chelsea team against a depleted Milan team.

You guys were calling Chelsea's summer business fantastic and now to explain how spending that much money like the average fan in an incoherent fashion could possibly be a bad idea, there are excuses for Chelsea being 10th, because of... injuries.

Meanwhile the same explanation cannot be offered for Milan?

Oh, and Tata has played like utter shit. It's insane that the "straight shooters" and "no spin zone" crowd here are twisting themselves into pretzels over Tata not being at fault for playing like absolute garbage.

At least have the decency to blame Maldini for relying on Tata and failing in the transfer market like you do for other poor player performances instead of defending horrific performances from Tata.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
why the hell should we sell krunic? the guy is a rock solid backup for AM and CM. never complains and does his job. some here seem to think that milan can afford some world class players as backups. okay fine, let's sell him... then what? sign a 20 year old for 500k from panama as a replacement?
Of all our fodders I might lean towards keeping Krunic. He is a handy player to have in a season long campaign. Also he has some versatility. However if he starts being injury prone then he should be gone immediately

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
It's hard to defend him when it doesn't even look like he's trying to find a solution.

I get it's hard without reinforcements, but we have players that were brought in for this exact situation...

I see Ibra coming back from injury just in time to take his place on the bench, as player manager... That will be interesting!!!!
You were doing so well until this final statement
Do you honestly believe Ibra will make a difference because he is now wearing a kit instead of a track suit / plain clothes?

He has been here the whole time overseeing the descent - or is it when we win its Ibra and when we lose its Pioli?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Injuries, and our team is exhausted because we have had to run our players into the ground, thanks to those injuries.

That was a basically full strength Chelsea team against a depleted Milan team.

You guys were calling Chelsea's summer business fantastic and now to explain how spending that much money like the average fan in an incoherent fashion could possibly be a bad idea, there are excuses for Chelsea being 10th, because of... injuries.

Meanwhile the same explanation cannot be offered for Milan?
Here's where we disagree my man:

I really couldn't care less if Chelsea is 1st, wins CL, is 10th, or relegated.

And with that said, "injuries" alone is not an adequate enough reason/explanation to why we are playing like shit. Chelsea's position in the table doesn't change that.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's old and looks like a male nurse. We know all of this already.

But that's absolutely no excuse for our defenders to be made to look like amateurs like Tomori, Kalulu, Calabria, and Dest are taking turns doing. Dest I can even excuse (I know we disagree on his offensive output) but we all knew he was a shit defender.

Tata's old pasty ass is never going to improve again, he's no spring chicken and wasn't when we signed him. But these other players, there are expectations. Why are we going for sawft excuses like "not enough confidence, doesnt organize the defense as well" when our STARTING defenders are getting beat 1v1 like they stole something?

/s
quotation-marks-air-quotes.gif
I know you out /s but... forgive me...

Keepers are part of the defense. We play a high line so the keeper has to come out. Tata never does. Pioli also insists on our high line, so he's at fault, too.

Tata doesn't come out for crosses, corners, high balls, keepers do that. All the keeper data shows he's been shit. Shit. Certified shit. His positioning is off, he's getting beat near post, he's tucking his legs underneath him, instead of... yknow, making himself as big as possible, the most basic keeper 101 shit.

Okay, he's not fucking up Karius style, but he's fucking up in things that come up in film. Constantly.

Good teams have keepers bail them out. Napoli and Arsenal have good keepers, so does Real and Bayern, etc.

Tomori and Kalulu are shot, physically, they just are. Pioli has run all of our players into the ground. That's on him.

And what offensive output from Dest? Because he dribbles a guy with one move then trips on the ball on the next 10? Dest fucking sucks. Sucksssssssssss.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh, and Tata has played like utter shit. It's insane that the "straight shooters" and "no spin zone" crowd here are twisting themselves into pretzels over Tata not being at fault for playing like absolute garbage.

At least have the decency to blame Maldini for relying on Tata and failing in the transfer market like you do for other poor player performances instead of defending horrific performances from Tata.
78valz.gif

But he's a back up keeper. He's had reaction saves that save us from going down further when our defenders (namely Tomori) had major brainfarts. So once again, it's ridiculous that we even bring him up when he's exposed as many times as he is (think wide open headers on set pieces) time after time with 0 improvement.

Yes, I blame Maldini. I wish we have Pepe Reina on 3m net salary but how is repeating that any different than patosheva's omg milun becuming udinese

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
No that’s your own conclusion
Ive watched a bunch of Spurs games this season and they're far from being the usual Conte side that is grinding out results..they're pretty bang average and imo beatable

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

And with that said, "injuries" alone is not an adequate enough reason/explanation to why we are playing like shit. Chelsea's position in the table doesn't change that.
Are we talking about our current form independent of Chelsea or our games against Chelsea?

Injuries and the resulting choices that Pioli has made about them in his tactics and utilization of other players in his squad, wrong ones, constantly, is why we are in this place.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's not his point either. And he has already wrote several essays about how Piolis handling of the situation outside injuries bother him.

His point is people keep mentioning how Chelsea beat us with ease last autumn. When you mention that we played with more than half the team out the injuries get disregarded. But these days when you say look how Chelsea is doing poorly despite literally spending more than all European leagues combined suddenly the very same people who wouldn't allow injuries as part of our problem against Chelsea are suddenly fine with explaining Chelsea's poor current form with - injuries. He's pointing out that those people are not being coherent.

That injuries are not our only problem I think the whole board agrees with.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know you out /s but... forgive me...

Keepers are part of the defense. We play a high line so the keeper has to come out. Tata never does. Pioli also insists on our high line, so he's at fault, too.

Tata doesn't come out for crosses, corners, high balls, keepers do that. All the keeper data shows he's been shit. Shit. Certified shit. His positioning is off, he's getting beat near post, he's tucking his legs underneath him, instead of... yknow, making himself as big as possible, the most basic keeper 101 shit.

Okay, he's not fucking up Karius style, but he's fucking up in things that come up in film. Constantly.

Good teams have keepers bail them out. Napoli and Arsenal have good keepers, so does Real and Bayern, etc.

Tomori and Kalulu are shot, physically, they just are. Pioli has run all of our players into the ground. That's on him.

And what offensive output from Dest? Because he dribbles a guy with one move then trips on the ball on the next 10? Dest fucking sucks. Sucksssssssssss.
Not so long ago, Meret pissed away their Scudetto hopes singlehandedly

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If we lose against Sassuolo he needs to get sacked

Enough with the give him time BS if he is inacapable of changing anything.
Don't think anyone disagrees at this point.

It's unexpected, given how Pioli handled such squad situations and rotations in the past. It's concerning absolutely nothing is being done this time around when it's clear it's not working. If we lose against Sassuolo, the mentality going into the derby and CL R16 will be so low... I feel bad for the squad going into those fixtures.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 14522

But he's a back up keeper. He's had reaction saves that save us from going down further when our defenders (namely Tomori) had major brainfarts. So once again, it's ridiculous that we even bring him up when he's exposed as many times as he is (think wide open headers on set pieces) time after time with 0 improvement.

Yes, I blame Maldini. I wish we have Pepe Reina on 3m net salary but how is repeating that any different than patosheva's omg milun becuming udinese
I find the defense of Tata's performances mind boggling, honest to God.

He doesn't come out for corners or crosses. He gets beat near post. He's part of the problem. A huge part of it, actually.

Keepers are a huge part of your defense, but they are treated like players you shouldn't rely on. But... the best teams do. Games and momentum are decided on saves.

Again all the data points to Tata being horrible.

And yes, Maldini relying on him was a huge mistake.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He doesn't come out for corners or crosses. He gets beat near post. He's part of the problem. A huge part of it, actually.

Keepers are a huge part of your defense, but they are treated like players you shouldn't rely on. But... the best teams do. Games and momentum are decided on saves.

Didn´t he come out lower midfield when someone posted Serie A keeper stats?

I think the problems with him are amplified by our lack of experience which isn't his fault directly. He is good enough to win our matches if the team performance is there, however since Maignan cannot be trusted to stay fit we need to have a 2nd keeper in the future who isn't a pure reserve.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If Zaniolo was Zalumbu from Kenya with those exact same stats and injury record, fucking nobody would want him here.
He is the idol Italian boy so of course people here are creaming for him. Disgusting.

Now, Chiesa on the other hand if Juventus go to B... yes please.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He is the idol Italian boy so of course people here are creaming for him. Disgusting.

Well of course!
Chiesa has shown that he can produce

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The confusing thing about Zaniolo is that he's such a little shit.

He's not even half as talented as Balotelli was, and he gets all the leeway to be a fucking shithead. we all know why

Chiesa makes sense, he's a good, clean kid, and when he scored for Fiorentina, he ran up to hug his little brother who was a ballboy, and he sacrifices for the team, etc. It makes sense.

Zaniolo is garbage, and if he wasn't Italian, he wouldn't be worth more than the reported 15m or whatever Maldini offered. He scored big goals to win the intertoto cup or whatever, so that has to count for something, I guess.

Otherwise, he legit has worse production than Messias in Serie A. It's insane.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because if he is so bad, the moment we kick him out and replace him with someone better, everything will be okay. And that is not the case.

Then, managers need to make adjustment to shield him. Pioli, hasn't.

Defenders should do their best to not put him under pressure. They haven't. Specifically Tomori has been literally inventing new situations for Tata to deal with.

How can he be a huge part when all the problems existed before he stepped up for Big Mike?
Not sure why you bring up that the best teams do that when we aren't in that category. Best teams also doesn't allow open headers on set pieces game after game. Best teams also do not try suicide kamikaze press when they are easily getting split and the defenders are getting burned.

In other words, it's not like we are a back-up keeper away from "Best Teams" category
I think this is implied if you are already criticizing our transfer strategy for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule