• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
50mil isn't that bad, and I think the jury are still out on those mercatos. How he has to get final fucking approval from some sleazebag in New York on a 20m transfer after building a Scudetto team with lint and coupons is pissing me off.
I think after CDK we can say that Maldini has the last say.
Unfortunately CDK didnt explode as they expected.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah - I think Gerry finessed him with some grand promise of come next year we will be able to spend enough to compete the way you want.
He is now seeing that probably isnt happening. It will be really interesting to see how he continues to answer questions as the media pressure continues to increase.

"We gave ourself a direction that ephasizes sustainability. We won't change from that. The team is competitive as it is. Pioli? He has our full trust."

Easy.

Well at least they are pathetic enough to beg a player who clearly doesn't want to join them... well, to join them :proud: This has some Galliani who went knocking on Destros doors vibes.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Zaniolo endorsement ring different when it’s coming from my boy qaas :proud:
Hopefully you guys will one day see the big picture

itsalwayssunny-pepesilva.gif

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Good luck with that...they're currently in the relegation zone! :LOL:

What a sickening thought that a soon to be relegated team in the EPL can afford to drop 30m in Jan yet the current Scudetto holders don't have a penny to spend :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
0.65 post shot xG. Average goalkeeper would have saved this shot 35% of the time. Tata conceded 15 goals and he should have conceded 12.5. He’s underperforming his post shot xg by 17%. So for each shot he’s 17% more likely to concede than an average goalkeeper. For that specific shot, instead of conceding it 65% of the time, Tata would concede it 76% of the time (0.65 * 1.17).

For the rest:

Maignan 22/23: 63%
Maignan 21/22: 51%
Sportiello 22/23: 73%

Obviously this is very very crude, especially since I’m only using data from a single season. That’s why it’s not useful before when I said you need multiple seasons, goalkeepers typically don’t have a lot of key actions per game. But that’s basically the math that they use to figure out which goalkeeper is better at shot stopping.
Were you able to find Tata's previous stats with Lyon? Or Mirante with Roma?

Or are those completely cost-based signings made with the assumption that Big Mike is young and won't be hurt much.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What a sickening thought that a soon to be relegated team in the EPL can afford to drop 30m in Jan yet the current Scudetto holders don't have a penny to spend :fp:
This came up during the SL debate and the EPL dick riders all came out of woodwork and said "if you don't like it go support Citeh" unironically.

I won't mention the fucker's name :o

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
That thing is eating me inside.
We were always saying if Maldini signed then Milan is safe.
I think it was always about his own salary & was never about Milan because at the end we were given probably less than before.
4C0CFF61-3FAB-49AE-B61E-807512748E09.jpeg

I have been saying, but no one seemed to listen. Finally you guys are waking up

seriously-steve-harvey.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bad, but there is no budget, we have to look for players available on loan, and he was.
I think with this level of players at this price point (10m), the whole attraction is that they are still unproven.

I doubt that we are looking to go to them once they are already "found out" at a different club, though I do agree with you, it's slim pickings when it comes to the players available on loan.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 14598

I have been saying, but no one seemed to listen. Finally you guys are waking up

seriously-steve-harvey.gif
I've been with you this whole time Qaas.

maldino negotiates for himself, even though in Milan fans' fantasy that he is doing it for us.

No way he's walking away from a nice paying job with a team that's on an upward trend (though this may change) just bc owner laid out the financial realities.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
50mil isn't that bad, and I think the jury are still out on those mercatos. How he has to get final fucking approval from some sleazebag in New York on a 20m transfer after building a Scudetto team with lint and coupons is pissing me off.

It could all be media fabrication. Wouldn't be surprised if lots of fabricated rumors are leaked to get the other side of the negotiation table moving. Roma needs to sell, but doesn't want to accept a lowball offer like loan + 20M offer. That wouldn't free the resources to go on Ziyech who - as we now - can't go out on loan because Chelsea already used up their 8-loan-slots per season. On the other hand Milan can't spend this january mercato neither, a loan is the only way, and to ask >30M for a player who wants out and only has 18 months in his contract and more injuries than career goals is ridicolous anyway. If you think that it needs Gerry to tell Maldini that that's a bad deal then good night.

Then again, I thought CDK on >30M is a bad deal I'd walk straight away but Maldini insisted like a possessed mad man. So who knows, maybe those rumors have some legs. But in that case I'd rather side with Gerry.

My guess still is that both sides are acting rigid and leaking rumors hoping the other side would move away from its requests. In the end I think a transfer with part cash, part player is the most realistic outcome. At least this isn't going to drag like the CDK negotiations. In four days, when the mercato closes, we'll know the truth, for the better or the worse.

Last edited:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Much easier to see the bigger picture when you leave out cringe words like "alpha" to describe someone with stat line like Zaniolo :proud:

:star:
But have you seen his physique. It screams alpha

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

One should wonder why a player with Zaniolos medical background and injury history still is worth >30M. It's a gamble I think Gerry is rightfully very hesitant to take (if that narrative is to be believed).

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Schira: Paolo #Maldini and Ricky #Massara will have to work on their imagination also in this session of #calciomercato . #RedBird has only authorized loan grafts with the right of redemption (no obligations). A small treasure ( € 2.8M) for #ACMilan can arrive from the departure of #Bakayoko

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Schira: Paolo #Maldini and Ricky #Massara will have to work on their imagination also in this session of #calciomercato . #RedBird has only authorized loan grafts with the right of redemption (no obligations). A small treasure ( € 2.8M) for #ACMilan can arrive from the departure of #Bakayoko
200w.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And before someone is accusing me of taking too much of my copium: I thought CDK for >30M is a stupid dangerous deal too, people laughed at me and said I'm coping with us being broke. Since then CDK has done nothing (not to my surprise) to warrant that money and our mercato since then is blocked because we actually have almost no maneuverability left.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've been with you this whole time Qaas.

maldino negotiates for himself, even though in Milan fans' fantasy that he is doing it for us.

No way he's walking away from a nice paying job with a team that's on an upward trend (though this may change) just bc owner laid out the financial realities.
Exactly, he can trick #daPlan but never us
Looking back we were really celebrating for no reason. We thought him signing would guarantee big spendings 😔

Edit:
Curva sud were right to boo him that one time.. I SAID WHAT I SAID

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Not enough
Only 5 players come to mind: Kalulu, Saelemaekers, Vranckx, Adli and Thiaw
3 of them just in their first season
2 are already pretty decent

Benfica and others who do this kind of business buy bunch of players like that every year
There are so many other we bought for our primavera though. Can’t remember the names because none of them became good lol

Lazetic, Chaka, Kerkez, few goalies, that Irish CB, new Pogba, croation CB, Djaolo are few more examples

I agree we can do better but we’ve definitely made some more investments here compared to the past

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I really doubt we could get more than 10mil for CDK.

I also doubt we could get 15mil for Messias & Sale.
Messias for free & sale probably 2-3mil & am not even joking.
Sale better to keep & tried as RB.
If CDK is this bad and we ship him in the summer I’m sure we could get 25m for him

I agree though if he sucks for another season then his value will plummet

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
tbf patosheva was on their asses since last summer. he saw the big picture:o
birdman-respeck.gif
On redshit though.
I was eyeing the fan favorite from the sidelines all summer

kto-kounotoritoken.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
There are so many other we bought for our primavera though. Can’t remember the names because none of them became good lol

Lazetic, Chaka, Kerkez, few goalies, that Irish CB, new Pogba, croation CB, Djaolo are few more examples

I agree we can do better but we’ve definitely made some more investments here compared to the past
Kerkez is balling in Eredivisie. Already played over 30 games with AZ. Only 19 years old. Blame Pioli because he will never take a Primavera player to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule