Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Caicedo on his way to Chelsea for like 65 m. Another player we were scouting but didn't land. Caicedo, Enzo, Julian for a total of 30 m. Instead we spent it on wages for Baka, Origi, Florenzi and Dest.
@Allan_Sombrero was ringing this bell all throughout the WC

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think there's a little misunderstanding here (on the Pioli part) I don't think I communicated myself properly, to be honest. As usual, this is just a debate and I appreciate the candor and the collegial rapport we have, makes arguing more fun, so thank you. Also, my reply is supposed to have a friendly tone, and whatever seems aggressive (like the use of questions) is supposed to be exasperation, not anger. Sorry for the fine print. I also didn't really want the "crystal ball" part just the "okay okay my turn," bit but the crystal ball part was kinda funny so I left it in.

Did you not mention Blue9 and his post? Did you not refer to the idea that Pioli starts out strong then gets found out? You asked me: "how did you not see this coming from Pioli?" Because I gave him a chance. The prediction for Pioli was that he would fizzle out. We had the post-lock down form, where we were monstrous, but that was supposed to be "his good run" and then he was supposed to be found out. He gets 2nd the next year. He didn't get found out then, did he? Then the next year, new coaches, Mourinho! Sarri! Allegri! He's going to get found out then, right? Nope, he won.

Winning is not supposed to be part of the Pioli script. He's supposed to do well initially, then fizzle out. Pioli didn't even last a full season at Inter before getting fired. At Lazio, his first season, he got 3rd, then he got fired the next season. So... tell me: what was I supposed to predict from Pioli at Milan? Did his time at Milan mirror the very short stints he had at Lazio and Inter? Obviously not. So like, come on bro.

Explain to me what Pioli's trajectory at Milan was supposed to be based on his past. I put trust in Pioli because of what he did at Milan. So far, he's done a very good job. This season? Not as strong, and these last few games have put him in an far less comfortable spot than he should be.

You're asking why I bring up the Scudetto, because it's relevant to this "prediction of Pioli being found out." Three years is a long time in the footballing world, a lot can change, and would you agree that three years is a lot longer than Pioli is supposed to take before he gets found out?

Maybe it's the end of the line for Pioli? We'll see. But you seem to think that whenever the word "Scudetto" comes up it's supposed to end debate, no, it's just the elephant in the room that you can't dismiss when making assessments of the management, the coach, or the players. After a rough patch of form, apparently all our players are now trash, you don't find that extreme? Tomori is trash now? Kalulu is trash now? Shit, I forgot, the team is being held together by Tata's performances, my bad.

And miss me with the "results aren't supporting your narrative" line. Bro, people have been saying that our team is shit for three years. THREE. You all keep riding high on this "hahahahaha 3-5 years CL lolz" when I ask you: transport yourself three years ago. What were your goals and expectations for Milan? Exactly. I went back out of curiosity and there are delightful nuggets if anyone wants to play the receipts game. You hated Bennacer from day one bro, it's hilarious. I wasn't searching for you specifically, I just saw it... just so you know. I have some trash takes, not Santacroce bad, but... also oddly enough not as horrific as I thought, just bad in different ways than I thought.

You're acting like I'm some Pioli stan. I'm not. He's not Adli, lol. He's a good coach who has done a good job. I vacillate between whether he's a stepping stone coach or whether he can be more than that, because quite frankly, my predictions for Pioli were wildly off. I didn't see him staying this long, so why not be optimistic?

And here there is an important point that I think warrants pointing out, there's a difference between having reasons for optimism and choosing to be optimistic. I don't think people make that distinction very well here. I think I started out the banter era by choosing to be optimistic, but it broke me, and I just hoped for the best. However, under Maldini's tenure I have reasons to be optimistic. Considering where Milan was three years ago, I think it makes sense.

But back to Pioli: I don't think I've defended him during this stretch, the only time the "negative" people have been right about Pioli in what? Three years?

On top of that: I've been skeptical of his choices throughout this season, from how he has used CDK to Adli, from Pobega to Vranckx, to how he rotates, what formations he picks... I'm trying to put some things into perspective. You're acting like a bad run of 5 games defines him. I don't think that's how you should look at your manager. I thought the negative group was supposed to be "objective" and "realistic."

So then let's be realistic, it's a bad five game stretch. Really bad. But acting like Maldini isn't ruthless or wouldn't fire a coach, bro he fired GP after he won a game. Pioli has earned the chance to right the ship. The way Pioli's fate is being discussed, it's like you'd fire Carlo after Deportivo. That was a massive failure. Milan got roasted for that. But the reason we can look at the decision to stick with Carlo as the right one is because we know what happened next. It will be rationalized as "oh well we had Kaka, and Nesta, etc" but that's just because you know how the story played out. We don't know what is going to happen next with Pioli.

The predictions that people have made over Pioli, Theo, Bennacer, Tomori, Tonali, Maldini have all been proven wrong, for years. Years. I've been proven wrong by Pioli, by Maldini, by Kjaer, and on and on.

There's this air of vindication for those who predicted doom. Lol, why? Pioli came in here and was welcomed with "PioliOut" was he not? Maldini was seen as a failure with GP, was he not? How many people supported Tonali after his first year? Remember the Rebic v Leao debates? The same people who predicted that we'll fuck up this year, predicted we would struggle for top four at this time last year and we won the whole damn thing. They said we'd fail the year we got second. And on and on.

I'm sorry, I'm not about to eat some shit sandwich because Milan has done poorly the last 5 games. Very poorly. I think I write about the things I got wrong often enough. I'd love, love, LOVE to read people from the other side of the aisle talk about what they got wrong. They don't, do they? Like, let's be honest, where do they hold their hand up and say "hey, I was wrong." I'll wait.

Finally: Bro, the GK thing... lol I swear to God, I don't understand how you can look at those numbers and act like Tata should be excused. Don't worry, I look forward to you posting more gifs, because everyone knows anecdotal evidence is always stronger than data. Also, I know you don't do this, but the fact I get lumped into spin force... meanwhile you guys are the OJ defense team for Tata being a shit keeper. Yet, I'm the one who spins. On God.

Why Maldini doesn't get a new keeper? How am I supposed to know that? Maybe they're like "fuck it, Maignan will be back at the start of February, that's a few more games, and the guy we want to back him up cannot get out of his contract until summer, so that's what we're going to do. It'll suck but this is the more responsible thing, long-term." But that's just a theory. Maybe the only keepers they want, are not available? Or maybe they don't want to come in for the few games they'd play to come on loan because Maignan will be back? Like, that's part of it, isn't it? They have signed Sportiello, he's coming in the summer, to be the backup. Maldini has shown he will wait, like he did for Tomori, right? But again, these are all just my theories. I'm talking out of my ass, I don't have inside knowledge, but I get treated like I'm fucking Di Marzio predicting Benzema coming here.

Because I honestly don't know. But the answer to everything is "we're broke." No one outside of England is spending. Why isn't Real Madrid spending? Why isn't Barca spending? I don't know what the strategy is with Maldini, but neither do you guys.

Like, take the Zaniolo. If Roma agreed to 20m do you think the deal gets done? I think so. I don't think he's worth 20m, honest-to-God, but at 20m we probably close that deal. So is it about money?

Just because you don't like my answers, doesn't mean that the alternative is what you offer me, so no, I reject that framing of our keeper situation.

This got way longer than I thought it would, so my bad, I figured I'd give you a thorough response, which I hope you read with a friendly tone, which is my intent. You don't have to respond if you don't want to, lol.
Aite bro that was kinda long, even for your standards.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DAZN journalist Orazio Accomando: "The meeting between Vigorelli and Bournemouth took place in Rome. Zaniolo said no to the offer from the English club. Either Milan or Roma until the end of the season. A new attempt by Milan in the next 24/48 hours is not excluded."

giphy.gif

"not excluded"

Neruda2.0

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Technically we are only 4 defeats for Napoli and a 15 wins run from us to be 1st which is totally doable but i just dont see it with this team

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
We have Moncada finding gem after gem for us and when we’re supposed to complete these signings dumb and dumber offer their clubs a packet of gum and a signed Maldini shirt. Rinse and repeat. His talents are being wasted here as long as this is our management. :PThinking:
I'ma save your some time my guy... no one can outbid the EPL right now. Period. No one. So, please, stop posting about how "our management" is broke or stingy or whatever, you're getting yourself upset over nothing. No one in Europe is spending money except English sides. It's not a Milan problem.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
We are broke can’t afford a gk , dm, striker, rw but if Maldini sells San Siro which we don’t own for broken Zaniolo I will support him completely.
Leao needs to extend
Leao-Cdk-Zaniolo

Some days you might want to kill yourself but one day it might click. They look like Swedish trio of 1950s :o

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
af6f943a-0649-47a2-9c32-f4267237470b_text.gif

I think there's a little misunderstanding here (on the Pioli part) I don't think I communicated myself properly, to be honest. As usual, this is just a debate and I appreciate the candor and the collegial rapport we have, makes arguing more fun, so thank you. Also, my reply is supposed to have a friendly tone, and whatever seems aggressive (like the use of questions) is supposed to be exasperation, not anger. Sorry for the fine print. I also didn't really want the "crystal ball" part just the "okay okay my turn," bit but the crystal ball part was kinda funny so I left it in.

Did you not mention Blue9 and his post? Did you not refer to the idea that Pioli starts out strong then gets found out? You asked me: "how did you not see this coming from Pioli?" Because I gave him a chance. The prediction for Pioli was that he would fizzle out. We had the post-lock down form, where we were monstrous, but that was supposed to be "his good run" and then he was supposed to be found out. He gets 2nd the next year. He didn't get found out then, did he? Then the next year, new coaches, Mourinho! Sarri! Allegri! He's going to get found out then, right? Nope, he won.

Winning is not supposed to be part of the Pioli script. He's supposed to do well initially, then fizzle out. Pioli didn't even last a full season at Inter before getting fired. At Lazio, his first season, he got 3rd, then he got fired the next season. So... tell me: what was I supposed to predict from Pioli at Milan? Did his time at Milan mirror the very short stints he had at Lazio and Inter? Obviously not. So like, come on bro.

Explain to me what Pioli's trajectory at Milan was supposed to be based on his past. I put trust in Pioli because of what he did at Milan. So far, he's done a very good job. This season? Not as strong, and these last few games have put him in an far less comfortable spot than he should be.

You're asking why I bring up the Scudetto, because it's relevant to this "prediction of Pioli being found out." Three years is a long time in the footballing world, a lot can change, and would you agree that three years is a lot longer than Pioli is supposed to take before he gets found out?

Maybe it's the end of the line for Pioli? We'll see. But you seem to think that whenever the word "Scudetto" comes up it's supposed to end debate, no, it's just the elephant in the room that you can't dismiss when making assessments of the management, the coach, or the players. After a rough patch of form, apparently all our players are now trash, you don't find that extreme? Tomori is trash now? Kalulu is trash now? Shit, I forgot, the team is being held together by Tata's performances, my bad.

I think Tomori certainly has been bad in several moments. You are right, I was biased in judging him because when of his howlers, his mistakes is so amateurish it sticks out in my mind. So I will admit, Tomori can still be a performer even though I have been harsh on him.

Kalulu isn’t trash but he’s now judged as a starter CB who just got a renewal salary vs some young kid we got for the RB position who’s filling in for free, I don’t think I have openly called him trash, but I get your sentiment of feeling the judgment is harsh. He is still young I understand but the reality is he isn’t playing for peanuts anymore so I point out when I see mistakes I believe shouldn’t happen (even then, I think I’ve been very gentle on Kalulu)

So I don’t think it’s all of a sudden they are trash. We are year 2 of a supposed 3-5 year building, I think it’s reasonable to hold certain players who’s gotten lion share or playing time to be accountable, but I understand your point now regarding bringing up their achievements and how that isn’t intended as a mic drop (same re: Pioli)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And miss me with the "results aren't supporting your narrative" line. Bro, people have been saying that our team is shit for three years. THREE. You all keep riding high on this "hahahahaha 3-5 years CL lolz" when I ask you: transport yourself three years ago. What were your goals and expectations for Milan? Exactly. I went back out of curiosity and there are delightful nuggets if anyone wants to play the receipts game. You hated Bennacer from day onebro, it's hilarious. I wasn't searching for you specifically, I just saw it... just so you know. I have some trash takes, not Santacroce bad, but... also oddly enough not as horrific as I thought, just bad in different ways than I thought.

Now I’m curious what I said :lol:

I honestly thought I gave Bennacer a chance at first but he was so bad at DM Biglia was preferred to him. And I only started ragging bc of his untidiness

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'ma save your some time my guy... no one can outbid the EPL right now. Period. No one. So, please, stop posting about how "our management" is broke or stingy or whatever, you're getting yourself upset over nothing. No one in Europe is spending money except English sides. It's not a Milan problem.
So leipzig and benfica are in the Prem?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right, and also, EVERYONE IS BROKE.

I was listening to this podcast about FFP and they were explaining the new regulations (which strongly favor our model) and the point they were making was how Covid has hit the entire industry hard, but, that what has happened is that it hasn't hit the industry equally.

The EPL were able to weather the Covid storm far better than La Liga, Serie A, or the Bundesliga.

The funny part is how the English reporters dance around the fact that their country is home to dirty money, with their league being the beneficiary of that. They act like it's just about tv rights, when the foundations of City and Chelsea, among others, is rooted in foreign money that is parked in England for various reasons.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now I’m curious what I said :lol:

I honestly thought I gave Bennacer a chance at first but he was so bad at DM Biglia was preferred to him. And I only started ragging bc of his untidiness
Lol. I don't remember specifically, but it was something about how Giampaolo was right to bench him or he was underwhelming and I was like "damn, Coop, you had it out for Bennacer early."

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally: Bro, the GK thing... lol I swear to God, I don't understand how you can look at those numbers and act like Tata should be excused. Don't worry, I look forward to you posting more gifs, because everyone knows anecdotal evidence is always stronger than data. Also, I know you don't do this, but the fact I get lumped into spin force... meanwhile you guys are the OJ defense team for Tata being a shit keeper. Yet, I'm the one who spins. On God.
Ok so let me try to explain differently:

Tata was a second choice I believe at Lyon before coming here. Last time he’s gotten consistent playing time was 18-19 Nantes. We got him for free and he’s going to be gone this summer.

So my expectation for him is naturally not as high as our starters whom we are investing playing time and money for. If you see that as leeway, then yea, I guess. But overall I cannot excuse players who I see have a future with the club vs a veteran journeyman who’s never meant to start for a club our stature in the first place.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol. I don't remember specifically, but it was something about how Giampaolo was right to bench him or he was underwhelming and I was like "damn, Coop, you had it out for Bennacer early."

When he first came, I hated how much of a liability he was on defense at CDM and how untidy he was, Milan fans who ask for 4-3-3 with Bennacer as DM should watch those games and see some of Bennacer's decision making this season and reconsider.

I was also not particularly impressed with his national team manager saying how he said his regimen at Milan wasn't adequate or something to that nature. I felt it was extremely unprofessional, considering the spell we were going through at the moment.

It's why I am "harsh" on him now, he's still making a lot of mistakes he made when he first came. Lot's of time unforced but just rash, shit decision-making on his end. I wasn't impressed that he tried to drag negotiations for a little bit more money but I also understand it's part of the game. I hope he stops doing foolish shit like getting booked early for idiotic fouls. I joke about Kjaer but at least he commits those fouls so he doesn't have to eat shit and us potentially concede a goal anyways (like Romagnoli did), Bennacer's yellows are for nothing.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How unappealing is Serie A right now? Both Milan and Inter are broke. Juve should have further punishments coming. If Napoli play their cards right and look to build on this season (unlike Milan) they could have a nice cycle.
Napoli caught some breaks to be where they are.

They cooked the books too on Oshimen just like Juve. Russia started a war and they got Kvara for dirt cheap. Those 2 are the main reason they are on top now along with the resurgence of Lobotka.
Plus they did some smart moves in Kim and signing Anguissa permanently and selling Koulibaly.

Not sure if the stars will keep aligning for them that way going forward

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Napoli caught some breaks to be where they are.

They cooked the books too on Oshimen just like Juve. Russia started a war and they got Kvara for dirt cheap. Those 2 are the main reason they are on top now along with the resurgence of Lobotka.
Plus they did some smart moves in Kim and signing Anguissa permanently and selling Koulibaly.

Not sure if the stars will keep aligning for them that way going forward
All these are not the reason ,that steroid boy Messi and Napoli sacrificed Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule