The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
My main issue isn't the amount of money spent, it's how the money is spent.

Some people doesn't seem to understand that we can't spend over a certain amount. Club revenue is low, the league is poor. If a moron like me understands that others should too.
Ok. But how do explain Aston Villa spending more? They don't make more and have greater losses. Same with another 12/13 EPL sides.

It's the willingness to invest and risk funds. Redbird needs to be ready to do that while working on a self-sustainability model in the meantime. It would be a disaster to miss out on the CL. It'll set back our self-sustainability path and extend that timeline.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Lol Romagnoli has been excellent for Lazio this season who have the second best defence in the league and have conceded 9 goals less than us. Meanwhile, our defence has been abysmal so it was a mistake not to renew him considering we only bought Thiaw as a replacement who never plays.

As for Kessie, it's just laughable that Maldini has allowed him, Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Hakan all to walk for free over the past few seasons without collecting a single PENNY. Fair enough if it was just one or two but every single one?! Meanwhile, he has no issues handing out long term extensions to shitters like Salad + Messias or injury prone players like Origi + Florenzi. Also, it looks like we're going to finally break our wage ceiling to renew Leao so why couldn't we do that for Kessie or the other players we allowed to walk for nothing? Especially when we failed to replace them properly.

As for Pobega, the dude's clearly bang average but his sale would've generated 15m in pure CAPITAL GAINS which could've been used to strengthen other positions.

Paolo certainly had a poor summer transfer window. Not up to his usual standards of Mike, Theo, Tonali etc

Origi has been a disaster and I cant see that changing. Injury prone, medocre player. I would have taken Dybala and Belotti on free transfers although I'm not sure how much Dybala would have played given our injury record.

We clearly do not have enough money for transfers to progress to the next level. Paolo has said before it will take a number of years of consistent CL football to have a decent yearly transfer budget. Paolo put all his money on CDK who has not adjusted well to the league. He has talent and hopefully will show massive improvement like Tonali.

For me the problems are all linked to missing Mike and Kjaer. Both leaders of the defence and defensively we have been shambolic without them.

I can't agree with your comments on losing players for free.

Dollar was offered ridiculous money between 8-12 million a year depending on which media report you accept. The issue was Raiola wanted 20 million signing on fee. We don't have the money for that and even if we did I wouldn't pay it. Dollar was expertly replaced by Paolo.

Kessie was offered similar money to what he is on at Barca but we wouldn't pay the agent fee. He walked and unfortunately we have not replaced him.

Roma was dire last season and was on massive wages. He was always going to be a sub and went to Lazio his team where he will be a starter. I wouldn't want him on the bench on massive money.

As for Hakan he went to Inter for an extra million. He is a player who is good on his day but if off form as he mostly was with us it was like playing with 10 men. He was hoping to get signed on the back of a great Euros tournament but he was shocking. He only got the Inter contract due to Eriksson's heart problem. There we mo other interested clubs.

I don't like seeing players leave for free but rather that than being fleeced by their agents. We could have sold for some money in their final years but would we have obtained CL football without Dollar or the scudetto with Kessie? I'd rather take the title than the cash.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Ok. But how do explain Aston Villa spending more? They don't make more and have greater losses. Same with another 12/13 EPL sides.

It's the willingness to invest and risk funds. Redbird needs to be ready to do that while working on a self-sustainability model in the meantime. It would be a disaster to miss out on the CL. It'll set back our self-sustainability path and extend that timeline.
I don't think this is true and as easy as u make it out to be.

I'm not the one to explain it though.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
What make Pioli so stubborn to not even give grandson Lazetic a chance when we're clearly only have grandpa Giroud as natural CF

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lol Romagnoli has been excellent for Lazio this season who have the second best defence in the league and have conceded 9 goals less than us. Meanwhile, our defence has been abysmal so it was a mistake not to renew him considering we only bought Thiaw as a replacement who never plays.

As for Kessie, it's just laughable that Maldini has allowed him, Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Hakan all to walk for free over the past few seasons without collecting a single PENNY. Fair enough if it was just one or two but every single one?! Meanwhile, he has no issues handing out long term extensions to shitters like Salad + Messias or injury prone players like Origi + Florenzi. Also, it looks like we're going to finally break our wage ceiling to renew Leao so why couldn't we do that for Kessie or the other players we allowed to walk for nothing? Especially when we failed to replace them properly.

As for Pobega, the dude's clearly bang average but his sale would've generated 15m in pure CAPITAL GAINS which could've been used to strengthen other positions.
Exactly. When you need money tremendously and you have great holes in your first 11, you shouldnt save your backup average midfielder just for home quota . We should sell pobega for 15 . Now he cant play and his value is down falling. We have 0 idea how and when to sell a player.
Meanwhile we let our reliable backup Italian center back for free to our rival and buy never playing thiaw for 7 m.
So just this 2 operation is minus 22 MILLION. Add Messias To This 27 million. It nearly means free botman .
You make your defense
Theo-tomori-botman-kalulu
Also you don’t need florenzi when you can play kalulu on right so 3 m net wages is out. Also you would not have to loan dest because both of our rb’s is injured. So 6 m gross is saved.

This is a simple operation and you don’t have to be genius. So we don’t have money thing about summer is bullshit. MM were total amateurs and just fucked up in worst way. They kept all pieces with zero strategy. They chose the worst pieces to buy and they skipped the genuine talents hard to skip. And some people here say it is not disastrous. I claim even you put a serie d director and say you will get 100 million euro to yourself by doing everything wrong he probaby would do 1 thing good accidentally.Our summer transfer window was 0/100 , 0/1000 whatever and total disaster. This years first responsibles is MM by far than stubborn pioli by far than our broke owners.

Money of course is a problem but in that special case for 22-23 season incompetence is the main problem

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fuck pioli with this lineup. He deserves to get rinsed. Piece shit is undoing all the good work. Why persist with the same thing again and again. The guy is beyond stupid. And maldini needs to grow a pair and tell him this is not management.

Ps sorry but i am fuming! Why do the same shit again and again.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Paolo certainly had a poor summer transfer window. Not up to his usual standards of Mike, Theo, Tonali etc

Origi has been a disaster and I cant see that changing. Injury prone, medocre player. I would have taken Dybala and Belotti on free transfers although I'm not sure how much Dybala would have played given our injury record.

We clearly do not have enough money for transfers to progress to the next level. Paolo has said before it will take a number of years of consistent CL football to have a decent yearly transfer budget. Paolo put all his money on CDK who has not adjusted well to the league. He has talent and hopefully will show massive improvement like Tonali.

For me the problems are all linked to missing Mike and Kjaer. Both leaders of the defence and defensively we have been shambolic without them.

I can't agree with your comments on losing players for free.

Dollar was offered ridiculous money between 8-12 million a year depending on which media report you accept. The issue was Raiola wanted 20 million signing on fee. We don't have the money for that and even if we did I wouldn't pay it. Dollar was expertly replaced by Paolo.

Kessie was offered similar money to what he is on at Barca but we wouldn't pay the agent fee. He walked and unfortunately we have not replaced him.

Roma was dire last season and was on massive wages. He was always going to be a sub and went to Lazio his team where he will be a starter. I wouldn't want him on the bench on massive money.

As for Hakan he went to Inter for an extra million. He is a player who is good on his day but if off form as he mostly was with us it was like playing with 10 men. He was hoping to get signed on the back of a great Euros tournament but he was shocking. He only got the Inter contract due to Eriksson's heart problem. There we mo other interested clubs.

I don't like seeing players leave for free but rather that than being fleeced by their agents. We could have sold for some money in their final years but would we have obtained CL football without Dollar or the scudetto with Kessie? I'd rather take the title than the cash.
If we lost all our good players for free you can make a reasonable case as to why it’s all “unavoidable” including say Leao. But none of these is actually unavoidable

Our problem goes back to letting Donnaruma go for free. 2 EPL clubs had 80 million each to spend on goalkeepers and that would have been pure capital gains for us. We let them spend it on a Spanish youngster that had a lower profile than Donnaruma and on Allison who played in the same league.

Our resurgence could have started faster had we cashed in on Donna for 80/85 million. For FFP purposes this would have given us the flexibility and money to strengthen the team. Then we went ahead and lost more first team players for free.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think this is true and as easy as u make it out to be.

I'm not the one to explain it though.
What do you mean, "not true". You can deny it if you want and believe whatever narrative you choose to...but these are factual numbers released by the clubs on their own websites.

Here is Milan's (€297M revenue and €30M in losses) https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/articles/club/2022-10-26/ac-milan-shareholders-meeting-approves-2021-2022-financial-statement#:~:text=A positive EBITDA was recorded,in the previous financial year).

Here is Aston Villa's (€208M revenue and €42M in losses - converted to Euros from GBP).

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Wait...folks actually buying Redbird's bs about sustainability lol?

Its the perfect ruse Cardinale needs to not spend. This cunt saw an opportunity to make a quick buck and took it.

I mean, our spending has progressively gone worse each season despite the fact yhat our revenues have supposedly increased.

Dude's a snakeoil salesman and thats it. Wont surprise me if he and Elliott are in bed together with some dodgy shit that they are planning.

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Re: the last part... there was a change of ownership. I'm sure we can in part blame that for stalling any transfer activity besides CDK. If the ownership changed hands at the start of summer, and the Maldini saga didn't drag on, maybe we would've see more.
Ye nah

There are plenty of avenues for the new ownership to spend money. Its not like the deal was gonna fall through, everything was signed.

Can almost guarantee you we will get a fuck all transfer budget this summer too, especially if we miss out on CL - which is looking more likely say by day.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Can you explain the renewal delay with Maldini hinting we need three quality players & then we end up with the same budget as before ?!
Maybe just maybe...the delay was to get any budget at all?

Not completelt out of the realms of possibility that Redbird did not want to provide anything at all.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Imagine if CDK hade exploded this season instead of missing his mama, Adli was an actual footballer and Origi wasn't a steaming pile of shit.

This season would have looked different. :o

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its plain and simple we need a new manager. Pioli is not our man whatever happens this season. These type of performances are too common even if we won the league. He can go from hero to zero week after week. His integration is a joke. Of course he doesnt want new players, he wont take risks and knows he will fuck it up and more pressure will build.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we lost all our good players for free you can make a reasonable case as to why it’s all “unavoidable” including say Leao. But none of these is actually unavoidable

Our problem goes back to letting Donnaruma go for free. 2 EPL clubs had 80 million each to spend on goalkeepers and that would have been pure capital gains for us. We let them spend it on a Spanish youngster that had a lower profile than Donnaruma and on Allison who played in the same league.

Our resurgence could have started faster had we cashed in on Donna for 80/85 million. For FFP purposes this would have given us the flexibility and money to strengthen the team. Then we went ahead and lost more first team players for free.
This is my point about pretending to be above a selling club.

For us to say we don’t need to sell in order to buy, we have to prove with actually buying.

This false ambition is only going to cost us more opportunities. If Leao doesn’t renew this summer, he 100% needs to be sold

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What do you mean, "not true". You can deny it if you want and believe whatever narrative you choose to...but these are factual numbers released by the clubs on their own websites.

Here is Milan's (€297M revenue and €30M in losses) https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/articles/club/2022-10-26/ac-milan-shareholders-meeting-approves-2021-2022-financial-statement#:~:text=A positive EBITDA was recorded,in the previous financial year).

Here is Aston Villa's (€208M revenue and €42M in losses - converted to Euros from GBP).
It's not about denying it or not

There's a reason why premier league outspends all other leagues by some margin. There's more money over there.

Also, compare us to teams that play in Europe, because spending over a certain budget can throw u out of CL/EL as we know from a couple of years ago.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Its plain and simple we need a new manager. Pioli is not our man whatever happens this season. These type of performances are too common even if we won the league. He can go from hero to zero week after week. His integration is a joke. Of course he doesnt want new players, he wont take risks and knows he will fuck it up and more pressure will build.
Someone actually liked this post

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Imagine if CDK hade exploded this season instead of missing his mama, Adli was an actual footballer and Origi wasn't a steaming pile of shit.

This season would have looked different. :o
Hasnt that been our trend with most of these transfers - hopes and dreams

May I extend 'thoughts and prayers'

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ye nah

There are plenty of avenues for the new ownership to spend money. Its not like the deal was gonna fall through, everything was signed.

Can almost guarantee you we will get a fuck all transfer budget this summer too, especially if we miss out on CL - which is looking more likely say by day.
That is why I said part of the blame can be put on the change of ownership. Since they used that as an excuse to not spend anything, since Elliot were selling they don't want to, and RedBird can say they only just took over.

duh-ashley-olsen.gif

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This is my point about pretending to be above a selling club.

For us to say we don’t need to sell in order to buy, we have to prove with actually buying.

This false ambition is only going to cost us more opportunities. If Leao doesn’t renew this summer, he 100% needs to be sold
Champagne dreams....soda pop pocket

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

I really can’t do this anymore. I can’t take it. This coach doesn’t want to learn

"We must resume playing as we know: this is our first objective and we must do it as soon as possible. Let's get back on track and on our path, I'll try to talk less and work harder."

his comments so far have not given the impression that he will make any major changes to the starting lineup. mainly 'work harder' to return to our normal form.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Whats wrong with my post. If you feel thats fine, but explain why? No point being critical without any explanation
I'm not a big fan of the "even if we win the league" part. If Pioli wins us titles I don't care if we look like idiots every other week.

Also u saying that the he doesn't want new players is absolutely nonsense and you know it.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
"We must resume playing as we know: this is our first objective and we must do it as soon as possible. Let's get back on track and on our path, I'll try to talk less and work harder."

his comments so far have not given the impression that he will make any major changes to the starting lineup. mainly 'work harder' to return to our normal form.

The ‘work harder’ phrase triggers me because working harder isn’t the problem. The players are working very hard, in fact they’re working way too hard so they look dead on the pitch.

It’s about working smart and changing tactics/lineups and rotating. Giroud is 36 yo and he played the WC. How can you not rest him? At least rest this guy for gods sake. He’s our big game player who will need in prime shape during the CL matches. A tournament he has experience in and he’s actually a CL winner. Our other players don’t have that experience at all. And here we are, burning him to the ground before the CL matches.

I’m still having faith in Pioli but god damn it, he’s really testing it. My issue isn’t about failing as per, it’s about insanity. I don’t mind failing if it meant we tried something different. Okay I do mind but the pain would be less.

I’ve been having issues with Pioli lineup all year long, the issues were still glaring. But it was getting us decent results so I wasn't complaining too much.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
It will matter how we finish the season and obviously the performance in CL
- We dont have to win anything this year or maybe even next but we cant be seeing displays of this month anymore.

And yes management and ownership need to address the glaring issues at the very minimum

I really want that second star, and haven't given up on it, but my hope is dwindling fast.

The past couple months performances can't continue, we perform better we get better results hopefully. CL qualification obviously brings in revenue, but a little ambition and better management could deliver SO much more.

I'm a realist and the scudetto brought a heightened sense of quality, we're not shit, but we've not progressed, and Pioli is killing me just now.

I'm not pressing the panic button across the board but as I've said Gerry and the way he talks seems to me, shows a complete lack of understanding in how to deal with a fanbase, their wants vrs the companies model.

He's kinda like "screw you guys, this is what it is and I'm not explaining any more".

I really fear for our season and management are showing a toothless approach to things, "fine as we are", we are not fine as we are!!!

But as always, Forza Milan, Milan prevails ♥️🖤♥️🖤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule