• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Well, people keep asking to replace Maldini without a proper plan 🤷🏽‍♂️
Is Moncada interested in the SD role?
Person like Rui Costa? I don’t know anyone else but Rui Costa.

Reminds me a lot of the days we thought sacking Allegri, Seedorf, Inzaghi… would solve our problems.

Maldini has been on top for very long, im sure he knows how to deal with it.
Biggest problem is that Gerry isn’t opening his wallet.
Not at all.

There are clubs with smaller budgets, smaller revenues, and smaller profile that do much better than maldini at transfers all around europe.

Look at SDs from your own Club Brugge.

And lets not pretend he didnt have money to spend in the summer. Unfortunately he spent it on absolute duds.

And clubs that dont have money to spend sell the players that are high on hype cycle and buy a new core of players.

Maybe a thing to learn there as well.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Considering this, I don't see an alternative that's better than supporting Pioli and getting through this. That's what I expect Paolo to do.

For all the excruciating pain of todays game we created a lot more than the last few against Lazio and Merda. Our defense however seems completely lost, I'd start Vasquez against Inter.
5 goals at home! Creating chances against minnows is nothing to be happy about. Last two matches 4-0 and 2-5. It's unacceptable .

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure when @Raz was promised a good fucking for his birthday, this wasn't what he expected.

Happy birthday though :D
da319fed689edb53ced39dcce7c995f6.jpg

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I watched Salad for 45 minutes lose the ball as soon as he touched it, each time leading to a dangerous counter including one goal

And then to start the half Pioli took off Charles for Leao

genuinely had to rub my eyes

It was Rebic in my opinion that was the most garbage today. He not getting subbed at half time boggled my mind. Saele would have been a good choice to sub too, but when I saw CDK subbed off I got livid.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This same red herring every single time. :fp: Napoli, Lazio, Roma and most rivals are shopping in the same store, some even in the same aisle. Even clubs with a better budget are not wasting spending 90% of their budget on one player when there are gaping holes all over their squad.
check how much Osimhen cost napoli and tell me if we would ever spend that much

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I’m grateful to Pioli for the memories and the scudetto. I’m also sorry to hear about his brother in law. I’m really sorry. I appreciate him.

But Milan isn’t a charity home where we are nice and understanding. The demands are supposed to be high on this club, if you don’t deliver. You need to go. It’s not personal. But we need change. I’m sorry but I think Pioli needs to step down. Or let the assistant manager take over and he take a leave of absence to sort himself out. I don’t know if that is possible. But he’s not thinking clearly. I don’t know if he’s burned out or what. But he can’t coach the next few games.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Not at all.

There are clubs with smaller budgets, smaller revenues, and smaller profile that do much better than maldini at transfers all around europe.

And let’s not pretend he didnt have money to spend in the summer. Unfortunately he spent it on absolute duds.
I don’t have a team in Bruges that I support.
Their SD has spent enough nights in jail. Milan would have been bankrupt if he was in charge. Belgian league is maffia of top level ran by a few Middle East agents. One of them is even the scout for PSG.

Okay he spent it all on CDK. What guarantees you that the next SD won’t spend it all on one player?
So you don’t have a name to replace Maldini…okay.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not at all.

And lets not pretend he didnt have money to spend in the summer. Unfortunately he spent it on absolute duds.

And clubs that dont have money to spend sell the players that are high on hype cycle and buy a new core of players.

Maybe a thing to learn there as well.

I think Pioli needs a second look. But not Maldini.

He is also just the focal point of negotiations and figuring out how the nothing budget is going to fill in the gaps. At the end of it all, he receives options from the scouting department and then tries to figure out how his budget is going to get these players. A lot of times he is negotiating for our 3d or 4th option because the first 3 are out of budget

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They’re paying €50m outright for him in installments, the rest came from the value of four of their players. That’s about the same we paid for bonucci (I know, pre-Paul).

Our transfer balance sheet over the past two seasons is pitiful.

21/22

F76789F9-0E06-4611-BF17-FC9E5BA41D97.jpeg

22/23

8EA66562-97DE-447F-BC08-CD70336563C8.jpeg

No wonder Gerry isn’t giving him a dime of investor money. He doesn’t trust him with it. I hope this is the last mercato he is involved with.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Their SD has spent enough nights in jail. Milan would have been bankrupt if he was in charge. Belgian league is maffia of top level ran by a few Middle East agents. One of them is even the scout for PSG.

Okay he spent it all on CDK. What guarantees you that the next SD won’t spend it all on one player?
To be honest, coming off a scudetto it was a much better idea to spend that money on 1 player that will elevate us than to spread it around to 3-4 risks.

Only problem is that CDK has not worked out at all.

In positive news, that goal from Origi was class

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
How long time for adjustment ? 5 games not enough?
I agree there has to be a line at some point, but I still prefer to stay with him until we play Tottenham both legs (or one leg if we lose badly and has very little chance to bounce back).

I still believe our chance of qualifying is higher with him than a new coach with only two games to prepare for the CL match.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
So when a new manager comes in and turns CDK in to a phenom, Thiaw into a rock and Vranks into Kessi(for the orphan's), is maldini a genius again?

Asking for a friend?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
His words after the game implied that he finally is admitting to himself that he can’t keep doing the same thing. That’s progress at least.
Until he does change, To me, his “admission of guilt”, repentance and “promise to change” will be more like
looking-fly-bow-tie-day.gif

Papa_midnight

Primavera
Reaction score
I think blame need to be shared between MM and the new owner.
Origi, I can see what they were trying to do with him. Fast ,big .strong, good with both feet and mobile but it has not worked out.
Aster- I can see what the were goin for. Even if you want to say he was not a first choice. His characteristics are really useful. Big strong has some tech and is capable of making passes. Yeah he came from Bundesliga, but this was a player playing in the champions league and should be good enough to play against the small teams of Serie A. Poli has failed here. He did not integrate him well. He seems to not understand the player either and set on his ways instead of adapting to the players you have.
Ali. If he is good enough to be in the best 11 of the French league, he should be getting more time. Poli again.
Thiaw, I understand he is young and I understand that he is not perfect, but when called on he showed promise. I am not saying start him every game, but fuck give him something. Poli again
CDK, I dont think it is all on him when it comes to talent or mentality. I think poli is accustomed to working with a certain level of talent. CDk to me should be a cf or rw. I Know he played as a cam in his old team but it was different role. I think poli is stubborn and refuses to change because those were the things that won him his first title. CDK is talented but the ego of the coach is killing him- Poli again.
I totally agree with posters who argue about management could not do much with Hakan Kessie and rom leaving for free, but the fact of the matter it selling them would have benefited us alot. This is down to Management. Management at fault
Sale,Messi, rebic and toure. Management believing in rebic was a mistake. He misses too much games. I understand that Seal give defensive balance but he offers nothing on attack. Which if you think of it has us at a disadvantage. No Lb is worried about him. They dont think twice about him. If all he is offering is defensive benefit we are playin with a man down because he has not attacking input which offsets the defensive balance he gives. management fault
Toure, I dont know who wants to sit behind Theo. So understand management reason, but when the second string is called on he needs to perform and he does not do that. Management fault.
Messi, cheap I know but he looks like he is just not accustomed to playing at this level, that he needs to think about what he needs to think about. Management fault but I get it no money.
What i was thinking about was the purchase of CDK. Is it that they only had 50m or more money was supposed to be given but did not arrive. I just dont think they told Maldini you get 50 mil and he was like I got you. CDK for 35 mil. Just does not make sense to me. I think something when wrong.
I know Milan aint doing good but this team is good enough to make atleast 2nd with a competent coach and I feel like POli is passt his expiration date. He has never been at a club at this level for more that a season? I think there is good reason for that.
Management fucked up but i think it has alot to do with moey
Gerry or garry, Need to stop trying to look like a own and act like one.
Poli needs to know that he is not that special and his tactics need to change or he will be done for.
LOl I was telling a friend Milan is back. I guess I was wrong.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You sell leao and you get osimhen plus Enzo. Or you act more conservative and sell pobega for 15 tomori for 40 salad for 12 , rebic for 12 don’t buy messias for 5 don’t buy thiaw for 7 don’t buy florenzi for 2 don’t loan dest and of course there is huge wages of garbages origi , dest, florenzi. Add 35 from cdk . Add 50 which is our budget then lt is 140 m. Buy osimhen for 70 , buy Enzo for 20 , buy botman for 35 loan ziyech for 5.
You know player can be sold , also you know we don’t have to use options but I think maldini doesn’t know this. Shit performance from directors. Redbird has no money but we are one of the most net spending teams in the Europe except English ones. You don’t sell anyone you use options on useless and injury prone players than you say you don’t have money enough.
Maldini this year not deserves a fucking penny, you cant perform this bad even on purpose

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They’re paying €50m outright for him in installments, the rest came from the value of four of their players. That’s about the same we paid for bonucci (I know, pre-Paul).

Our transfer balance sheet over the past two seasons is pitiful.

21/22

View attachment 14719

22/23

View attachment 14720

No wonder Gerry isn’t giving him a dime of investor money. He doesn’t trust him with it. I hope this is the last mercato he is involved with.
"In 2020, Osimhen transferred to Serie A club Napoli for a club-record fee of €70 million."

Now i agree that certain signings turned out to be shit this summer. The Thiaw, Vranckx signings were never meant to be game changers. The Adli signing seemed good prior to him coming here, but holy shit missing out on Enzo to get Adli definitely shocked me. (granted this is only shocking now after their performances, in reality a player starting every game in french league should be more advanced than someone in argentina)

Origi & CDK IMO are good signings prior to the season, they just happened to be useless thus far. Origi was free, and CDK after his performances in CL last season should not have had that hard of a time getting a starting spot from Diaz.
CDK was even doing great against Man City when he was at Brugge. But look at them now...

Maybe we need a new manager to open them up, and to start implementing some new tactics

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Happiest ,if tomorrow they announce Pioli is on fired.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The signing I missed last summer(within our perimeters) was the experienced midfielder/defender that would have been nice to have at a time like this.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think blame need to be shared between MM and the new owner.
Origi, I can see what they were trying to do with him. Fast ,big .strong, good with both feet and mobile but it has not worked out.
Aster- I can see what the were goin for. Even if you want to say he was not a first choice. His characteristics are really useful. Big strong has some tech and is capable of making passes. Yeah he came from Bundesliga, but this was a player playing in the champions league and should be good enough to play against the small teams of Serie A. Poli has failed here. He did not integrate him well. He seems to not understand the player either and set on his ways instead of adapting to the players you have.
Ali. If he is good enough to be in the best 11 of the French league, he should be getting more time. Poli again.
Thiaw, I understand he is young and I understand that he is not perfect, but when called on he showed promise. I am not saying start him every game, but fuck give him something. Poli again
CDK, I dont think it is all on him when it comes to talent or mentality. I think poli is accustomed to working with a certain level of talent. CDk to me should be a cf or rw. I Know he played as a cam in his old team but it was different role. I think poli is stubborn and refuses to change because those were the things that won him his first title. CDK is talented but the ego of the coach is killing him- Poli again.
I totally agree with posters who argue about management could not do much with Hakan Kessie and rom leaving for free, but the fact of the matter it selling them would have benefited us alot. This is down to Management. Management at fault
Sale,Messi, rebic and toure. Management believing in rebic was a mistake. He misses too much games. I understand that Seal give defensive balance but he offers nothing on attack. Which if you think of it has us at a disadvantage. No Lb is worried about him. They dont think twice about him. If all he is offering is defensive benefit we are playin with a man down because he has not attacking input which offsets the defensive balance he gives. management fault
Toure, I dont know who wants to sit behind Theo. So understand management reason, but when the second string is called on he needs to perform and he does not do that. Management fault.
Messi, cheap I know but he looks like he is just not accustomed to playing at this level, that he needs to think about what he needs to think about. Management fault but I get it no money.
What i was thinking about was the purchase of CDK. Is it that they only had 50m or more money was supposed to be given but did not arrive. I just dont think they told Maldini you get 50 mil and he was like I got you. CDK for 35 mil. Just does not make sense to me. I think something when wrong.
I know Milan aint doing good but this team is good enough to make atleast 2nd with a competent coach and I feel like POli is passt his expiration date. He has never been at a club at this level for more that a season? I think there is good reason for that.
Management fucked up but i think it has alot to do with moey
Gerry or garry, Need to stop trying to look like a own and act like one.
Poli needs to know that he is not that special and his tactics need to change or he will be done for.
LOl I was telling a friend Milan is back. I guess I was wrong.
I don’t understand what they were going for in Vranckx. Not DM material just like Pobega

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
"In 2020, Osimhen transferred to Serie A club Napoli for a club-record fee of €70 million."

Now i agree that certain signings turned out to be shit this summer. The Thiaw, Vranckx signings were never meant to be game changers. The Adli signing seemed good prior to him coming here, but holy shit missing out on Enzo to get Adli definitely shocked me. (granted this is only shocking now after their performances, in reality a player starting every game in french league should be more advanced than someone in argentina)

Origi & CDK IMO are good signings prior to the season, they just happened to be useless thus far. Origi was free, and CDK after his performances in CL last season should not have had that hard of a time getting a starting spot from Diaz.
CDK was even doing great against Man City when he was at Brugge. But look at them now...

Maybe we need a new manager to open them up, and to start implementing some new tactics
I literally just broke down the composition of the osimhen transfer. They’re paying €50m spread out over installments and €20m came from four scrubs they sent the other way. They are being investigated for that by the figc. They only paid €36m of the €50m so far. If you choose to be daft, that’s entirely up to you.

Even if they did purchase osimhen for a flat rate of €70m (in a hypothetical scenario), their sales justify that purchase. They sell players regularly and remain competitive. Their transfers were exceptional in the summer.

I’m not solely blaming Paul. This is a shared responsibility of the management and the manager. Their is no synergy between them but Paul has to accept the brunt of the blame for his poor business.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Oh you just want a name of a guy who want blow his load on a single dud?

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb6bacb3a-6dfb-11eb-ac59-10a42ba22d95.jpg

I can also go over SDs from Serie A teams who have had more effective markets than us.

You know the ones from napoli / atlanta etc.

Or outside like any of the red bulls.

Lol @ thinking there are no SDs out there to replace maldini.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No coach wonder will appear now and we won't sign any worldies with no budget in the last few days of the market.

We have to turn this around with what we've got, like it or not.
If they were going to take the cheap approach then they should’ve turned over full control to Moncada. Spend low amounts on hidden young players and find a coach that can help develop them.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You sell leao and you get osimhen plus Enzo. Or you act more conservative and sell pobega for 15 tomori for 40 salad for 12 , rebic for 12 don’t buy messias for 5 don’t buy thiaw for 7 don’t buy florenzi for 2 don’t loan dest and of course there is huge wages of garbages origi , dest, florenzi. Add 35 from cdk . Add 50 which is our budget then lt is 140 m. Buy osimhen for 70 , buy Enzo for 20 , buy botman for 35 loan ziyech for 5.
You know player can be sold , also you know we don’t have to use options but I think maldini doesn’t know this. Shit performance from directors. Redbird has no money but we are one of the most net spending teams in the Europe except English ones. You don’t sell anyone you use options on useless and injury prone players than you say you don’t have money enough.
Maldini this year not deserves a fucking penny, you cant perform this bad even on purpose

Thiaw for 7Mil. I can agree, shouldve been a signing for the future and replacement for Gabbia

Pobega after 2 seasons on loan seemed like he would add value to our midfield

Tomori, no. Simply because he was the best defender last season, so no team in their right mind would sell him prior to this season.

Salad and Messias i can agree. But messiass was an emergency signing after we failed to sign our first 4 choices, and had no depth

Florenzi added value for us to win scudetto, Dest was signed last minute to replace him as he got injured. Only player to be avaiable on a quick free loan

Status
Not open for further replies.