The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, finally decided to register. Does anyone actually know why the revenues in serie a are so bad? And what is being done about it?
1. figc
2. nothing

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
There are actually some interesting similarities between Klopp and Pioli, both needed some time to change from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 was Klopps favorite formation for a very long time, both have big problems with injuries. Both also have problems with bad spells and crisis weeks/months.

While Klopp has a good track record he also had equally numerous seasons where he only challenged for a CL place and has his second bad season now with Liverpool.

In my opinion with this brand of football some of these things like more injuries, tendency for streaks of good and bad form, maybe even less tactical flexibility are somewhat inherent and come with that style.

The most stable style of football probably still is a more conservative approach, but on the other hand football should also be about enjoying the game and not strictly only results.
100% agreed but apart from his debut season where he was adapting to a new team + league and finished 8th, Liverpool have finished 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd + 2nd in addition to winning the CL, finishing CL runner up twice and Europa league runner up once. He's also won a few minor trophies along the way e.g. FA Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup etc amongst others so has been phenomenally successful all things considered.

Anyway, unfortunately he's out of our price range so we'll just have to make do with Pioli, Tata, Gabbia + Messias for now :lol::fp:

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Scamacca wouldn't be a bad target. Guy's flopped at wham so maybe theyd actually loan option.

Although, wouldn't surprise me if Maldini thinks Colombo is our future though considering his eye for talent.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
i mean they're heading towards their first title in 20 years, is it really foolish getting a really really good midfield option to bolster their options?
Well they've been performing perfectly well all season long with their current midfield but it's more sour grapes on my part. It's just sickening to think that Arsenal can shell out 12m for a soon to be free agent and that fucking 18th placed Bournemouth offered 35m for Zaniolo :LOL: :fp:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Well they've been performing perfectly well all season long with their current midfield but it's more sour grapes on my part. It's just sickening to think that Arsenal can shell out 12m for a soon to be free agent and that fucking 18th placed Bournemouth offered 35m for Zaniolo :LOL: :fp:
i mean psg is willing to pay close to 15mil for skriniar who already singned a pre-contract with them. thats epl/arabs for you :)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, finally decided to register. Does anyone actually know why the revenues in serie a are so bad? And what is being done about it?
They have a hard time negotiating broadcast rights since every club has to vote and there’s a lot of conflicting interest. Last season they didn’t even manage to sell rights to the MENA region and had to resort to showing games on YouTube for free. It’s terrible marketing and they need to unify or give the rights to a separate entity to market Serie A globally.

The other major problem is stadiums. Only a few clubs own their own stadiums and it’s really hard to build new ones.

Other than those two major issues, there’s really nothing holding Serie A back from competing at the top level again.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Just listened to Nesta latest.

He said Theo is a ready player that can walk into any team. On Leao - he still needs to grow to be top.
Only praises for Maldini Massara and Pioli. If he could reinforce he would fix the bench. If one player he would buy a striker.
He was negative about redbird saying that this is Milan campione d`italia. If there is no money they need to communicate so with the fans and lay out a 2 year plan.
RnB's opinion in a nutshell

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Downloader.la-615ed92c8227d.jpg

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
In other news, our Primavera continue their dire run (just like the first team) with a 4-2 defeat to Juve :fp:

However, Camarda scored the only goal of the game for the u16 vs. Brescia and bagged an assist for the NT against Albania :proud:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, finally decided to register. Does anyone actually know why the revenues in serie an are so bad? And what is being done about it?
Welcome.

About your question, no idea 🤷🏽‍♂️

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Nesta on how he would strengthen Milan: “I would fix the bench, because you can't always play with the same ones, and I would go all-in on the centre-forward. I hear people attacking Pioli and Maldini: pure madness. We need someone from the property to put their face on it and tell how things are"
Been saying this since last season. Our 2 main forwards have a combined age of 75+

The fact they're still performing is admirable. But we should have bolstered this last summer.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Scamaca d be great. We have 1 proper striker and hes 37yo. Probably avaliable on loan plus option.
If leao s sold, maximin might be avaliable for 30M.

I mean if we sell leao for 80,90 or something, plus 50M summer budget, we can rebuild properly unless Maldini miss it with players.
Leao doesnt have work ethics for epl, he ll flop there. Take him year later on loan.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Just get Loftus Cheek from Chelsea . We need midfielder. Or we can't afford even loans now?
Chelsea exceeded the amount of loans they can do in this window, only permanent transfers left

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

To add more salt into the wounds

Let's be frank, why is Maldini being reported to be questioning Rafa performances, why is Pioli not doing his own dirty work? Almost as if they will Blame Rafa for bad results.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
They've been performing well so far but City is not going away and you know they will make a run for the title. Arsenal need depth to withstand the long season and prepare in case of injuries. They are going all in on the title race and it'll all be worth it if they win it. I'm sure the prize money for winning EPL is massive and will make that 12 million look like pocket change.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Other than those two major issues, there’s really nothing holding Serie A back from competing at the top level again.
language barrier. england has a huge advantage over all other leagues as they are much more accessible.
also italy still has a racism problem in some stadiums. these are further issues. italy has a long way to go to be a modern, attractive league again.

i don't think anyone will ever be able to keep up with the PL. they've pulled away from everyone.
serie a needs to close the gap to spain or, better yet, surpass them long term.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Fuck this gengen pressing style...

Our style of play was clearly going to have an long term impact on the team. Football players aren't machines and it was eventually going to tell. Our injury record is horrendous.

Pioli did not adjust his game plan where required. Stubbornness and an element of arrogance has tripped us up.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
At least our jerseys for the next season will be lit. :o

And third jersey will be in pinkish color? Hell yes, love pink. 💃

Status
Not open for further replies.