• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
My cousin is from London and she got tickets for herself and me to Wimbledon this year. Mens and Womens Quarterfinal on Centre Court. Really excited but a part of me is lamenting the fact Fed is retired.

What was worse was in 2018, while I was living in the States I got tickets to the Miami Open Semi- Finals. Then Fed gets knocked out in the first round the next day. Cruelty of the highest order :cry:

If you only bought a ticket for 2019, you’d have seen him win a match

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Maldini & Pioli is one package. Pioli's failure is because of Maldini's failed mercato

Maldini can't find excuses to fire Pioli, he is the reason why Pioli is failing.

It is a paradox.

That is a complete misinterpretation of the situation. The squad is good enough to achieve better results. It is not Maldini's fault that Pioli does not use and develop the new arrivals.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I support him until Tottenham
However he has made many many unforced errors and seems to be out of ideas.

Out of loyalty and principle I think he deserves the chance to steady and correct course.

However right now, even more worrying than our GK clusterfuck:

Leao is shit
Theo is shit
This means that we have effectively 0 offense.
This is completely unacceptable

Everyone has gone off the rails. It's not just Tomori

When everyone is shit, then it's the manager at fault. Whether he's just tactically inflexible or simply inept will be confirmed soon. Neither are good but on the off chance that he can turn it around, I want him to have the opportunity.

A new coach isn't going to magically produce results with such an incomplete squad instantly.
A lot of the popular solutions being bandied about on this forum are simply our best guesses. The one who has the best assessment of the squad for now is Pioli.

I agree with you and the forum in terms of the things that need to be done to fix the team but let's say for instance brk gets his way and CDK is the rw, we have no guarantees it would work or that Pioli could implement it. Same goes for CDK at cf or Thiaw at CB.

One very real situation no matter the tactics and coach is how poorly this team is built and that is 100% on Maldini
The scenario where we get out of this with Pioli is that we build on the second half, scrape a win soon and build confidence from there. Most of this squad won a scudetto, they are a top 4 team at least if they get their shit together again.

Of course at some point you need to change coach either as a try to install new input or because you conclude that there is no going back to moral anymore. However that a largely young squad shows hanging heads and frustration and maybe some arguments ensue that are otherwise covered by success isn't unusual per se. "Theo isn't hugging Pioli, omg he has lost the dressing room" takes are likely an overreaction, especially if only based on circumstantial evidence.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Maldini & Pioli is one package. Pioli's failure is because of Maldini's failed mercato

Maldini can't find excuses to fire Pioli, he is the reason why Pioli is failing.

It is a paradox.
Doesn’t Maldini sign players that Pioli wants?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Maldini shepherded us to glory before, he will do it again :proud:

The lack of faith in here is ridiculous. Shame on you all.

We will come back stronger, as we always do.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is a complete misinterpretation of the situation. The squad is good enough to achieve better results. It is not Maldini's fault that Pioli does not use and develop the new arrivals.
While this is true,

It is 100% on maldino that he looked at Pioli's work and felt he was deserving of a 4M a year salary renewal before halfway this season.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
While this is true,

It is 100% on maldino that he looked at Pioli's work and felt he was deserving of a 4M a year salary renewal before halfway this season.
The timing of that renewal was so off. It felt at the time like they were too frustrated with the Leao and Bennacer contract negotiations, and with the fear of letting even more players walk for free, they felt they better just get one extension under their belt.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
While this is true,

In Pioli's previous deal, didn't Milan have an option his contract for another season beyond this season? Given that, what was the point of the new contract so early in the season?

Maldini has done some good things as well as some fuck ups.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The timing of that renewal was so off. It felt at the time like they were too frustrated with the Leao and Bennacer contract negotiations, and with the fear of letting even more players walk for free, they felt they better just get one extension under their belt.
The equivalent of let's try for another child because the marriage isn't working.

icculus71

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
during tough times, it is easy to point fingers and scream for coaches/players/admin/owners heads.
what is it 8L in last 10...yikes...the 3-5-2 failed. a gamble, in a derby, that looked awful.
at least when we went back to the 4-2-3-1, we created some chances and could press.

so what to do...what are your expectations with the current talent level & revenue's?
can pioli right the ship? do you give this man a chance to right the ship?
adversity, can also show the true strength and character. its easy to be all in for milan, while your winning.

personally, my thoughts are that the 3-5-2 is the prevent defence, that only prevents winnning. bad decision and big mistake for pioli.
salemakers, tata, krunic, messiah, brahim are all limited to mid to lower seria a level.
cdk, gabbia, probega, origi, aldi, dest, thaw are also mid table seria a level players, with the possibiltiy of moving to elite, but not there now.
this means we do not have the fire power (currently) to compete on a regualar basis with the big boys....something we all knew, prior to this bad run of form.
nothing has changed, but to be a bright side kinda fella, we can now see who crumples under the extra scrutiny.
my expectation is a top 4 finish and CL, which was never gonna be easy. luckily we are still right there.

If we had a true top level AM and RW, less injuries, our 4-2-3-1 could be warrent a CL semi final team expectations. we dont. we cant field an 11 without a major weakness, let alone any depth.

either way, its gonna be an intersting couple of weeks in the milan world.

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
In Pioli's previous deal, didn't Milan have an option his contract for another season beyond this season? Given that, what was the point of the new contract so early in the season?

Maldini has done some good things as well as some fuck ups.
What if it was to inform certain players that Pioli is here to stay. Favouritsm, top to bottom management

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it Maldini's fault that the fuckass clueless owner gave him no money to work with?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Whilst I agree with you. Having him in goal is just another thing for the team to worry about.

Our greatest strength is our mentality and belief. Problem is when things start going wrong it's also our greatest weakness.

By management not addressing the Tata problem it led to us conceding stupid goals. Suddenly we lost confidence and even if he does play alright he was one of the key triggers in our mental failure. It's also worth adding that he does have some absolute shockers still.

Couple that with a coach who has seemingly lost the plot. Management who have not made the right calls lately and a tight owner. It's a proper flashback to the banter era.
You know all of this falls on the coach and the leaders within the group.
If you think that just having a better goalie is going to stop your ass getting beat constantly, that is really a losing attitude. How about, I do my job to the best of my ability to pick my teammates up.

I am not picking or disagreeing with your post but if we win as Milan, we dont lose as Tata - we continue to give up point blank, uncontested chances and that was happening since matchday 1. People have chosen to blame it on Mike's absence but it was happening when he was in goal; Ibra not being here but he has been with the group for the entire season bar a few weeks when he went to the US for a check-up.

As a group we have been poor this season and Mike's brilliance hid some of the issues defensively and Rafa's brilliance resolved matches but now everything has broken down with one injured and the other not performing as well and the rest just dont have the drive to continue playing the one way that got them to the top so results (fuck it, we cant even get draws), so losses pile up. When none of the players acquired make a difference then complacency sets in but you all burn out the ones you depend on, and the spiral continues.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Where the fuck is Gerry? Silvio would have come out and fired the coach by now

We are in a massive crises and not a fucking word from Gerry. Trash owner

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
And add this
View attachment 15040

7 (seven!!!) players criticizing Tatatusanu at the same time. You don't need to be an expert to see that they can't stand him. The whole atmosphere at Milanello is toxic.
If it was me, I'd say fuck it - fuck you all
And just stay home

They dont deserve Tata :proud:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where the fuck is Gerry? Silvio would have come out and fired the coach by now

We are in a massive crises and not a fucking word from Gerry. Trash owner
Fucktard thinks this is american sports with trades, drafts, and salary caps. He probably called Pioli and told him he's gonna keep his job if he makes the playoffs

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
And add this
View attachment 15040

7 (seven!!!) players criticizing Tatatusanu at the same time. You don't need to be an expert to see that they can't stand him. The whole atmosphere at Milanello is toxic.
Devis Vasquez NOW!

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it Maldini's fault that the fuckass clueless owner gave him no money?
It's Maldini's fault that he spent the little money he had available on Bakayoko, Origi, Florenzi, Messias and Dest. These 5 players are 25% of our whole wage bill.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's Maldini's fault that he spent the little money he had available on Bakayoko, Origi, Florenzi, Messias and Dest. These 5 players are 25% of our whole wage bill.
Who was he supposed to bring with that money?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Zaniolo is going to Gala after two ACL and 2 shit seasons that likely is it for him.
You are missing the forest for the trees

Gala has 22mil - we couldnt buy a backup GK or a South American winger from a smaller league for a quarter that cost.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
While this is true,

Absolutely right. Of course, mistakes were also made in assessing the squad. The signing of Florenzi/Messias was nonsense made in the euphoria of success. Instead, we would have needed a defensive midfielder instead of loaning Vranckx.

But in the end the squad is still good enough to become sovereign #2.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Fucktard thinks this is american sports with trades, drafts, and salary caps. He probably called Pioli and told him he's gonna keep his job if he makes the playoffs
Luckily Pioli never “ties”, he only loses. So we don’t need to explain the concept of a tie to Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.