Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, Coop just double-posted me?

That's like an RnB double text.

007.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is managerial malpractice to not loan Adli and still not use him. We played Messias in midfield for fucks sake. Wasn’t it better to loan Adli out then?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, isn't the whole issue rooted in "well, this is what Pioli does..." but Pioli's career never showed what he's shown at Milan, until this month. That's the central issue here. Pioli's fast starts and strong starts were confined to single seasons. He didn't even last the entire season at Inter. So how is that some sort of parallel that makes sense when talking about Pioli at Milan?
Lazio -15-16
1675793753721.png

Fiorentina 18-19

1675793789433.png

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is managerial malpractice to not loan Adli and still not use him. We played Messias in midfield for fucks sake. Wasn’t it better to loan Adli out then?
Pioli has went full-on GP this month. Full on.

I hate, hate back three systems. They're stupid. Cowardly. And he didn't even use it properly.

All he had to do, was play like he did against Juve in the first half. Then put on Brahim, and open things up.

I have lost all faith in Pioli, honest-to-God.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point Coop.

None of the things that Pioli has done at Lazio or Fiorentina he's done at Milan.

Your whole thing was "this is what Pioli does" (I have receipts of you on that) and so are you going to argue that those results are reflective of Pioli at Milan?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

I hate, hate back three systems. They're stupid. Cowardly. And he didn't even use it properly.

All he had to do, was play like he did against Juve in the first half. Then put on Brahim, and open things up.

Do you think he’ll play Thiaw in a back 3 against Torino?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point Coop.

None of the things that Pioli has done at Lazio or Fiorentina he's done at Milan.

Your whole thing was "this is what Pioli does" (I have receipts of you on that) and so are you going to argue that those results are reflective of Pioli at Milan?
Not being able to right the course, what we are watching unfolding? He's currently doing...

Seems pretty consistent to me.

Your point is that his supposed drop in performances is confined to single seasons and used Inter as example. You had to be blatantly ignoring the Lazio and Fiorentina stint to make your "single season" point.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We do use 3atb patterns with 4-2-3-1 as well though, also last season. It isn't like he never used that idea.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not being able to right the course, what we are watching unfolding?

Seems pretty consistent to me.
Yeah, he was good for 3 years at Lazio and Fiorentina all of a sudden? Or do you want to continue to ignore the fact that you referred to BlueNine and his "Pioli prediction" being accurate, when it does not comport with what Pioli has done at Milan, at all?

Pioli got 3rd his first year at Lazio, crashed and burned his second year.

He's acting like his previous self... now, this month, he's doing dumb shit (and has been doing dumb shit this year) but his time at Milan does not fit with the pattern at his previous clubs. And you know it.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Your point is that his supposed drop in performances is confined to single seasons and used Inter as example. You had to be blatantly ignoring the Lazio and Fiorentina stint to make your "single season" point.
No, you are mistaken.

You said that what is unfolding is "just what Pioli does" when... Pioli hasn't lasted this long at Inter, Lazio, or Fiorentina.

You're the one doing the ignoring.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vitiello: Great coordination today at Milanello, intense training. #Ibrahimovic all the training with the group, the call-up with Torino is evaluated. Positive indications in today's controls for #Tomori #Bennacer and #Maignan . The first two work in view of the Champions League. Controls for #Maignan gave positive indications. Mike will increase the revs in the next few days. The return will be identified based on how the calf responds.

If Ibra through his sheer presence and a few nice performances can lift this group once again - one thing must be very, very clear in their minds: This is the last time. The umbilical cord will be cut this summer.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, he was good for 3 years at Lazio and Fiorentina all of a sudden? Or do you want to continue to ignore the fact that you referred to BlueNine and his "Pioli prediction" being accurate, when it does not comport with what Pioli has done at Milan, at all?

Pioli got 3rd his first year at Lazio, crashed and burned his second year.
First of all, getting 3rd at Lazio is the equivalent of us winning a Scudetto for Lazio standards. :o

He's acting like his previous self... now, this month, he's doing dumb shit (and has been doing dumb shit this year) but his time at Milan does not fit with the pattern at his previous clubs. And you know it.
No, you are mistaken.

You said that what is unfolding is "just what Pioli does" when... Pioli hasn't lasted this long at Inter, Lazio, or Fiorentina.

You're the one doing the ignoring.
So he's acting like his previous self (what he does), just took longer. If you want to be picky, "what he does" means not developing any offensive schemes, getting found out, and shitting the pants not able to right the course and NOT start out well and poop second year specifically, happy?

It's curious you are focusing on the fact that he lasted longer and not the fact that "he's acting like he's previous self", which is one of our biggest issues right now and what my point was directed at.

For your point to make sense: we would have finished 2nd-3rd this season without this crisis and our management feels hes not the right choice to move forward and we move on despite him having a respectable finish. Then yes, you can say he finally broke the pattern.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Kjaer can muster some form his passing range and build up would be important for 3atb with Thiaw and Kalulu on his sides (as long as Tomori is out)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have no idea what he's going to do. I was in shock at what he did to start the derby. It was disgusting.
If he wants to play 3atb at least stop being a pussy and take out Giroud.

Giroud and Messias were only on the pitch in hopes they can pick up some cheap goal (Giroud off of low % cross + set pieces, and Messias with his curler at the shoulder of the box).

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First of all, getting 3rd at Lazio is the equivalent of us winning a Scudetto for Lazio standards. :o
Dang, you're opening a whole new door for spin now. This is like the multi-verse of spin.

So he's acting like his previous self (what he does), just took longer.

It's curious you are focusing on the fact that he lasted longer and not the fact that "he's acting like he's previous self".

For your point to make sense: we would have finished 2nd-3rd this season without this crisis and our management feels hes not the right away forward and we move on. Then yes, you can say he finally broke the pattern.
You're acting like I'm defending Kyrie and that I predicted everything would be smooth sailing for him and the Nets.

No, my point makes sense, your response doesn't. You said that Pioli is acting like he did at previous clubs. At Lazio, he got 3rd one season, then crashed the next. At Inter he didn't last the entire season, had a hot start, then sucked.

Pioli is making bad choices at Milan, but the time of him getting good results is much longer than he ever has. And that's besides the fact that he won a Scudetto which apparently we are now saying is lucky. Or because of Romagnoli.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Giroud and Messias were only on the pitch in hopes they can pick up some cheap goal (Giroud off of low % cross + set pieces, and Messias with his curler at the shoulder of the box).
Pioli's stubbornness on Giroud is becoming truly alarming.

Origi has been a great flop so far but imo he deserves a few games propped up by a functioning attack(which we haven't seen in a while, granted). Giroud now is played ONLY because his ability to score goals from nothing, he contributes literally nothing outside that. That's been the case for a long time but it was less of an issue when we created some play with the rest of our team.

I'm hoping to see the CDK-Origi-Leao front three in the not too distant future, for more than a one game experiment as well.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Since when have you became such an asshole? I noted you already tried to bate me yesterday. Now again. Enough already, you're really annoying as fuck right now.

I’m glad you finding your own speaking points annoying or even a bait :lol:, cry more. Or spin, whichever you do best

Spare me this smart ass "I'm glad blabla" behaviour. You're a grown man. You can do better. Whatever dude, just get off my back and move on, okay?

How am I on your back? This is a forum.

You a grown man, you said some dumb shit, I’m just quoting it. Not going to engage with you in a “tired debate” over some the dumb shit you spin.

You don’t gotta talk to me, keep it moving (spinnin)

View attachment 15083

A Commode drama that doesn’t involve the usual suspects.

steve-harvey-cringe-s32ssw3krv2y5fly.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He wanted to play on the counter with... Giroud. Calabria on the right? Messias to dribble? What the fuck?

It's like he's the owner of a sushi restaurant, who then panics and then says "okay, okay, I'll offer spaghetti!" but then offers ketchup as the sauce.

I'm honestly disgusted with Pioli.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dang, you're opening a whole new door for spin now. This is like the multi-verse of spin.
087cf785-cbb4-4ae6-86f1-3ca72ca635c1_text.gif

You're acting like I'm defending Kyrie and that I predicted everything would be smooth sailing for him and the Nets.
I never said any of this?
No, my point makes sense, your response doesn't. You said that Pioli is acting like he did at previous clubs. At Lazio, he got 3rd one season, then crashed the next. At Inter he didn't last the entire season, had a hot start, then sucked.

Pioli is making bad choices at Milan, but the time of him getting good results is much longer than he ever has. And that's besides the fact that he won a Scudetto which apparently we are now saying is lucky. Or because of Romagnoli.

MMA fighter has 0 gas tank. His previous 3 fights, he came out blazing and got KOed in the 1st and 2nd round. This time he lasted until the 3rd round and is starting to drop his hands and look like shit again.

me: he still has a bad gas tank, see.
you: its nowhere near the same, he lasted for 1 more round and even knocked the person down and got a 10-8 that round.
me: yea but he's still running out of gas
you: my point makes sense, your response doesn't.

We can agree to disagree on this Samuel. I didn't spin anything.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He wanted to play on the counter with... Giroud. Calabria on the right? Messias to dribble? What the fuck?

It's like he's the owner of a sushi restaurant, who then panics and then says "okay, okay, I'll offer spaghetti!" but then offers ketchup as the sauce.

I'm honestly disgusted with Pioli.
I am 100% convinced that Giroud was there to help with headers first and to be an attacker second.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, I knew it was a joke. I was being a dick.

I never said any of this?
I'm being dramatic about this place because I'm not a Pioli fan. I'm a Maldini fan, but not a Pioli fan. As long as he's doing well, I'm happy, but I don't have loyalty to him.

MMA fighter has 0 gas tank. His previous 3 fights, he came out blazing and got KOed in the 1st and 2nd round. This time he lasted until the 3rd round.

me: he still has a bad gas tank, see.
you: its nowhere near the same, he lasted for 1 more round and even knocked the person down and got a 10-8 that round.
me: yea but he's still running out of gas
you: my point makes sense, your response doesn't.

We can agree to disagree on this Samuel. I didn't spin anything.
Lol, "my point makes sense, your response doesn't."

I don't know shit about MMA, but I'm pretty sure using seasons versus rounds isn't the proper analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule