IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
this is what i talked about in half time

Giroud is getting the ball to Diaz, notice they both are in Milan's mid half
1678358444445.png

Diaz started running while Giroud is resting with Tonali because he came from the front to here instead of using an extra midfielder who starts from here so he can run to join the attack
the only option for a pass is Leao who is getting fouled to stop the counter attack
1678358582761.png

here it is from another angle, Giroud with the circle and Leao going down and Diaz trying to pass it to Leao
1678358626365.png

sorry if i am posting too many images, i don't know if it is against the rules
all those images in less than 13 minutes from the beginning
3 counter attacks that could've been a lot more dangerous just by replacing 1 of the 3 forwards by an extra midfielder who is better at getting the ball back and having 2 in the front instead of one
and maybe that is why Pioli prefers Messias because he was available to pass to in one of them but Diaz couldn't see him.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We played much more fluid when we switched to 4-3-3 with Tona-Kru-Ben.
Diaz had for his standard a good game but still not fluidity better than when Ben had freedom to pass the ball forward without defensive duties.
Not trying Ben as our AM is a crime while playing Diaz/CDK over & over.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
this is what i talked about in half time

Giroud is getting the ball to Diaz, notice they both are in Milan's mid half
View attachment 16021

Diaz started running while Giroud is resting with Tonali because he came from the front to here instead of using an extra midfielder who starts from here so he can run to join the attack
the only option for a pass is Leao who is getting fouled to stop the counter attack
View attachment 16022

here it is from another angle, Giroud with the circle and Leao going down and Diaz trying to pass it to Leao
View attachment 16023

sorry if i am posting too many images, i don't know if it is against the rules
all those images in less than 13 minutes from the beginning
3 counter attacks that could've been a lot more dangerous just by replacing 1 of the 3 forwards by an extra midfielder who is better at getting the ball back and having 2 in the front instead of one
and maybe that is why Pioli prefers Messias because he was available to pass to in one of them but Diaz couldn't see him.
Diaz passing & vision is shit & its why i would never rely on him.
A better AM would have spotted Messias but he couldnt & thats an example of his poor vision.
What he went for was Leao but his pass was too strong & thats an example of his bad passing.
AM without vision & passing , yeah lets buy him :fp:

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Kru had more vision that would be setting Leao one on one with the GK.
Tottenham RCB would've blocked it if it was towards the box
he also didn't have enough time or space
but if Giroud was in the middle, he could've distracted the RCB and allowed Leao more space to get the pass.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A better AM would have spotted Messias but he couldnt & thats an example of his poor vision.
What he went for was Leao but his pass was too strong & thats an example of his bad passing.
Diaz is playing as a second striker just to score goals like he scored in the first leg where the defense focused on Giroud and left him free
he is good at finishing
but he doesn't have any vision at all, i agree
Giroud scored against Lazio in Coppa last year, Diaz should've passed to him directly as he was free and Lazio's defender focused on Leao
instead Diaz passed it poorly to Leao who then gave it to Giroud
so Diaz is not a play maker because he doesn't have vision
he also suffers a lot in Italy because Italians can defend and they drop him down without a foul because he is weak, against Chelsea and Tottenham and maybe Liverpool he played better because they don't play tough on him.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tottenham RCB would've blocked it if it was towards the box
he also didn't have enough time or space
but if Giroud was in the middle, he could've distracted the RCB and allowed Leao more space to get the pass.
What are you talking about ?!
The gap between those two CDs is gigantic.
A semi decent CM would have split that defense wide open & set Leao face to face with the GK.

Last edited:

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What are you talking about ?!
The gap between those two CDs is gigantic.
A semi decent CM would have would have split that defense wide open & set Leao face to face with the GK.
Leao has a big distance with the RCB, to be able to get the ball it would have to be played inside the box
it could only work if Leao was closer to him and can run past him towards the middle, he is nowhere near this gap

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We played much more fluid when we switched to 4-3-3 with Tona-Kru-Ben.
Diaz had for his standard a good game but still not fluidity better than when Ben had freedom to pass the ball forward without defensive duties.
Not trying Ben as our AM is a crime while playing Diaz/CDK over & over.
You can be right but we should consider Tottenham was taking more risks and were 10 men at the end of the game

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The English newspapers certainly have not taken pity on Spurs after they were knocked out of the Champions League by AC Milan in the last 16 stage.

It was another resilient defensive display from Stefano Pioli’s side as they again managed to thwart Tottenham’s attack, securing a 1-0 aggregate win after a goalless draw last night in north London. Below are the back pages of the papers from England…

Daily Express: “Sickener. Conte surely on his way out after Spurs’ last shot at trophy fails.”

The Times: “Gone with a whimper. Conte on brink as limp Spurs exit Europe.”

The Sun: “Harryvederci. Italian sob as Kane is floored.”

The Mirror: “Down and drought. Another year with no trophy leaves Conte and Kane’s Spurs futures in real jeopardy.”

WhatsApp-Image-2023-03-09-at-13.11.02.jpeg

Last edited:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
here is an example of Giroud problem with building the attack

Theo gets the ball, Leao starts running while Giroud is free to get the pass
View attachment 16017

Theo passes to Giroud who is going to pass to Leao
View attachment 16018

the pass wasn't good, it went to the Tottenham player and Leao stops running
View attachment 16019

now this if played right, it would've been a good chance to score because Tottenham were on the attack and there was a lot of space
this is just an example because every player could make a miss pass, however i believe it happens more often than it could if Milan used a different striker who could pass
Giroud against Atalanta succeeded in a couple of those but failed in a lot in other games
This happened to often yesterday and was so frustrating

Leao made so many good runs but the team is simply incapable of finding him in those moments. And then we get the dumb crowd saying Leao is invisible

There really needs to be an upgrade at Cf and Cm

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
There was a sequence where Diaz and Leao's shitty understanding of the game coincided :proud:
Diaz Passed the ball to where Leao was.
Leao still didn't run into the correct space.

If either made the correct decision, we might have been a goal up :lol:

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Leao has such immense talent you almost just want him to unload against these teams like you know he can. You really want a one man CL performance to quell any doubts people have
Hopefully in the QFs and beyond

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
Most of his critics dont care about him running all game.
Loosing possession easily & wasting easy chances its where the problem is an issue.
We all know his engine isnt a world class one so if he isnt clinical & 100% concentrated then what is left ?
Usually you allow players to save energy so they can decide a game but as it is Leao is saving energy for what exactly ?!
Saving energy to be more dynamic in key moments, which he is.
It's not going to magically make him better at finishing and decision making. Those are technical and mental problems, not physical.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I thought Leao was good yesterday. He was clearly not shit.

There were multiple times when he single-handedly created chances.

If I'm being honest, we could have easily won this 5-0 based on chances and it not be weird.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Leao made so many good runs but the team is simply incapable of finding him in those moments. And then we get the dumb crowd saying Leao is invisible

I believe it happens all the time except Atalanta game where i remember Giroud made a couple of good passes i think one of them is where Toloi got a yellow card and Leao asked for a red until he got a yellow card himself
only problem if it happened though is that Leao prefers to receive the ball then run, he is not that good with long balls and running into space then receiving the ball
i don't blame fans who criticize Leao, he is doing a lot but it is not framed by a goal or even a big chance to notice
about the upgrade, last year when Giroud and Ibra were out Rebic was the striker and he made the team play a lot better
he is tough even if not a good header like Giroud and could pass even if not as good as Ibra and can move a lot better than Ibra who doesn't move at all and Giroud who doesn't move much
he can't score from inside the box like Giroud or outside the box like Ibra, not as much but he will make Diaz and Messias and Leao score more and even Theo
the CMs won't look good playing behind Giroud just like Leao, they need a dynamic striker who can pass and dribble at least in 1 on 1 so they can pass
also playing 3 in the midfield would help a lot, Krunic as a DM or even Tonali but not Ismael Ben Nasser who should be allowed to do what Diaz is trying to do outside the box.

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
another surprising stat
CDK played in Serie A 821 minutes, chances created is 17 and successful dribbles 24 out of 34
he only started 7 games
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia played 1568 munutes, chances created 35 and successful dribbles 37 out of 104
he started 20 games and subbed in 1
does this mean anything besides the fact that Napoli has a better system in their attack and Milan's players are suffering not because they are worse?
Khvicha created 11 big chances, has 9 assists
Leao created 12 number one with Milinko-Savic and has only 6 assists
Dybala created 11 and has 5 assists
Darko Lazovic 4 assists out of 10 big chances created
so Leao, Dybala and Lazovic have 6 wasted big chances by their teams.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
another surprising stat
CDK played in Serie A 821 minutes, chances created is 17 and successful dribbles 24 out of 34
he only started 7 games
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia played 1568 munutes, chances created 35 and successful dribbles 37 out of 104
he started 20 games and subbed in 1
does this mean anything besides the fact that Napoli has a better system in their attack and Milan's players are suffering not because they are worse?
Khvicha created 11 big chances, has 9 assists
Leao created 12 number one with Milinko-Savic and has only 6 assists
Dybala created 11 and has 5 assists
Darko Lazovic 4 assists out of 10 big chances created
so Leao, Dybala and Lazovic have 6 wasted big chances by their teams.
We have abundance of bums like messiass, saele, origi and rebic that wasted tons of clear cut chance

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa

It’s also weird philosophy. No through balls , Tonali used to try now it’s extinct, except some long balls. Malick is a worthy successor of Kjaer

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have abundance of bums like messiass, saele, origi and rebic that wasted tons of clear cut chance
Not really, Messias wasted one against Atalanta and another against Tottenham and both with his weaker foot and scored the one on his stronger foot
one of the 3 was a foul
Milan's problem is that the team doesn't create much chances
Saelemaekers i agree his finishing is so poor that he needs therapy and not training to improve it
Origi has been away for a while so can't judge him or even understand what he is good at
even Leao and Giroud don't get a lot of chances, Osimhen i read wasted 17 chances and Vinicius in the CL scored 6 and wasted 9 while Leao scored 1 and wasted 2

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
what a life, what a night, what a beautiful beautiful ride

a group of milanisti revealed ourselves after 90 minutes of blending in and got to jump and sing in the home section :proud:

curva sud in incredible voice as always, but the spurs songs and chants were so shit! even when the volume was good there was no joy or creativity in it

nice to visit a stadium with good toilets though, can’t wait for Milan to have that

all the boys were amazing! Thiaw was super impressive, seemed to be everywhere, and Brahim worked really hard

Leao was frustrating at times, created some great chances but if I weren’t hiding among the enemy I might have yelled at him a bit
Haha the toilets are soooo bad at san siro oh gosh. Even the little rooms they sell the beers in :fp:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
If we play this exactly game in the last 5 games ahead of us.. we could win this thing again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Schedule