Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
History tells me that’s risky af, at best.

I rather stick it out with Pioli and try to hope someone steps up so we grind out enough results to stay top 4 and then reassess.
Honestly if we continue with Pioli I’ll give top 4 a 20% chance at best

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
That sounds like he doesn’t really know how to use Leao better so he’s pretty much “let the game come to him”, what I’ve said for awhile now.

Leao doesn’t have great foundations to build on footballing wise other than his physical gifts. Im happy to eat my words later but it literally took him 3 years to develop he’s stepover-then-full-speed move and we don’t have the time to wait for him to come up with his next trick.

Another thing.

Really poor discipline in the last couple games again. Players being baited while being down. We lack real leaders on the pitch and it’s also showing. This really made me want to entertain getting rid of Pioli in January, I really hope we dial it in during the break and do not continue with that
I called Leao a speed/dribbling merchant and got attacked dmil

He’s extreme mediocre in every other facet of his game

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The contrast between CDK now and the confidence that he has in these snippets is CRAZY.

Seems like a completely different player

I've been harsh on Maldini for breaking Belgiums league record by splashing 35M on a yes promising, but still raw prospect. It's a lot of money.

That being said it is what it is, and not making it in the first year in a new club and country is not unusual for young players. Kvara is rather the exception than the rule. I'm okay with being patient for CDK, but next time Maldini spends 35M on a player it better be for someone more experienced and ready. Should have learned the lesson after Paqueta and Piatek tbh.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm leaning much more towards us selling Leao as the most likely conclusion. I'm also not as opposed it as I was early this season. I'd like him to stay, I think with the right coach he can be unstoppable, but this version with this coach is not worth 7m a year and however much we put up for the fine. Cash in now and get someone more consistent.
I really dont see the world class quality in leao, sorry. Had a good season last year, nothing more nothing less. There are a lot players who have 1-2 good seasons in their carreer and then end up somewhere in a low league
Hes turning into another Niang. Always the same scissor move, run to the backline, and try to cross or shoot lol.
Lazy and nonchalant as fuck

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've been harsh on Maldini for breaking Belgiums league record by splashing 35M on a yes promising, but still raw prospect. It's a lot of money.

That being said it is what it is, and not making it in the first year in a new club and country is not unusual for young players. Kvara is rather the exception than the rule. I'm okay with being patient for CDK, but next time Maldini spends 35M on a player it better be for someone more experienced and ready. Should have learned the lesson after Paqueta and Piatek tbh.
I think it has a little to do with his resting bitch face. People are a little harsher on him.

I think the games he started he looked fine, if he’s able to create magic in this current set up, he’d be demanding at least 4m a year contract. So I don’t really understand what people expect from him.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Pioli can try Adli - Bakayoko - Krunic for the Napoli league game to experiment and I expect that team to be more of a threat than our current midfield lineup. :lol:
Bennacer - Tonali double pivot is hopeless.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Worst part is we aren’t seeing improvements.

We just shoot the shit and banter here but pro-Leao group blames it on Pioli. You can’t tell me you need Pioli to have better tactics for you to work on close dribbling and basic passing.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Joke of a club would be if we sacked him, and replaced with some other gamble like Abate like we did with Brocchi. We all saw how that turned out.

It’s better to hope we grind out results than make drastic move risking even worse end result.

Not Abate... Someone more qualified who is available like Shevchenko or Tuchel.

Abramovich changed coaches multiple times in mid-season. And twice the new coach led them to a CL wins

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not Abate... Someone more qualified who is available like Shevchenko or Tuchel.

Abramovich changed coaches multiple times in mid-season. And twice the new coach led them to a CL wins
I admire your courage to want to see Sheva after his stint with Genoa.

But me myself, I can’t go along. Getting an expensive target in this setting is also risky in my opinion. If they don’t right the ship there will be financial consequences which will lead them not getting profiles they’d want.

Elliot/Red Bird isn’t Abramovic, though I’d like them to be.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I admire your courage to want to see Sheva after his stint with Genoa.

But me myself, I can’t go along. Getting an expensive target in this setting is also risky in my opinion. If they don’t right the ship there will be financial consequences which will lead them not getting profiles they’d want.

Elliot/Red Bird isn’t Abramovic, though I’d like them to be.

I meant just as caretaker. It's more important to get the right type of coach. That's only possible at the end of the season, otherwise you could get stuck with someone like Pioli. Though Pioli initially came as caretaker as well!!

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Not just Leao, i'm thinking everyone under 25. Besides Theo (who I think has improved a lot defensively this season). Tomori, Kalulu, Leao, Tonali, Bennacer, Calabria, everyone is playing as if we won the title by being better than everyone else, and not because we wanted it more and worked harder.

Pioli especially I think learned the wrong lesson and believed his own hype. I assumed he was a lot more self critical.

Actually even Theo was like that from the players you mentioned during January but he really stepped up like a true captain after the derby to his credit. Theo realised he was underperforming and the team needed him. That’s stepping up is what I want to see from Rafa from next week onwards. The same goes for Tonali/Bennacer/Tomori Etc. But especially Rafa since he’s demanding more wages.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Worst part is we aren’t seeing improvements.

We just shoot the shit and banter here but pro-Leao group blames it on Pioli. You can’t tell me you need Pioli to have better tactics for you to work on close dribbling and basic passing.

I really dont see the world class quality in leao, sorry. Had a good season last year, nothing more nothing less. There are a lot players who have 1-2 good seasons in their carreer and then end up somewhere in a low league
Hes turning into another Niang. Always the same scissor move, run to the backline, and try to cross or shoot lol.
Lazy and nonchalant as fuck

Honestly I didn't expect time like this would ever come (when so many people finally realised what kind of player Leao really is). It used to be only me againts the world "Pro-Leao Group" before.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I didn't expect time like this would ever come (when almost half of the forum finally realised what kind of player Leao really is). It used to be only me againts the world "Pro-Leao Group" before.

I lost hope for him long time ago (first game against United in March 2021) but stopped shitting on his head because he was having good stats last season despite his obvious flaws.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even the numerous fans present last night in Udine did not fail to express their disappointment was Federico Sala recalls what happened after the game during a segment on DAZN.

“I think the word disappointment is the most suitable one at the moment, but not only. The concept of impotence is also perceived, that is, of a team that really struggles to make itself dangerous,” he said (via RadioRossonera).

“Many times on the sideline Pioli spread his arms on the offensive actions of his players, on the many ineffective balls they tried to get into the penalty area, on some plot that didn’t work. A final image of the disappointment of the entire Milan environment comes from the end of the match.

“After the 4-0 in Rome against Lazio, when the players went under the away sector to say hello, they received cheers, cheers, applause, while tonight there was a lot of indifference. The away sector didn’t applaud, they didn’t boo, there wasn’t a protest but only indifference towards the players.”

Fans cant even booing or whistling lol

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke to Sky in the post-match of Udinese-Milan.

Now you have the record for the "oldest" goal in Serie A, you have surpassed Costacurta:

"He better keep this record, I don't want it (laughs, ed.)."

You have entered the history of this club, does this mean you will stay at this club again and bond more with the team?

"I am proud to enter the history of this club. It is a great club with great history, with great players. My name is on it and it means so much to me. This goal did not bring me three points, what I wanted. Then first game as Milan captain gave me pride, unfortunately it didn't go the way we wanted. But I felt good, then I hadn't played as a starter for 14 months. The important thing is to feel good, if I feel good like today I have no doubts. I still believe in myself."

Is there still room for excitement in your career? Tell us how the team gave you the sash today?

"In my opinion there is still room. Ismael came to my room today and told me he wanted me to be the captain. I told him okay, I'll take this pressure off you (laughs, ed.). I was fine, I prepared as best as I could do. Unfortunately the game didn't go well, we have to raise the level."

What happened to this team?

"When you play as champions of Italy you are a target and a stimulus for everyone. This year we play under pressure every game. When you play a big club it's like that, everyone wants to beat Milan because they are Italian champions. Look at Udinese that when they score goals, it looks like they scored a goal in a final. But it's also fair because they score goals against the Italian champions. This team has no experience to play as Italian Champions. That's why these up and downs come. We have not been able to keep the level high for all the games, we have not been able to be at our best all the time. It is not an excuse but an explanation for what happened."

How do you experience the Champions League from the outside?

"Everyone wants to play in the Champions League. When it was time to give the lists I was not ready, I respect the choice and now I can only prepare my colleagues in the best way in training. I have confidence in the team, they have done well so far and they will do well against Napoli as well."

On the path of the Italians in Europe. How does it seem to you?

"Very positive. We were 7, now we are 6, I speak as an Italian. 3 in Champions and the others in Europe and Conference. It is a positive thing, Serie A is taking more points. The league is doing well in my opinion. When they said Serie A is not as good as the Premier and then Italy won the European Championship there was not so much talk... I'm happy for the three Italian teams in Champions."

Do you want to continue?

If I am well I want to continue. Those who quit complain that they quit. If I am well I can do even more. Then I suffered too much in these 14 months, I want to take revenge. I am well at Milan, it depends on them what they are looking for, what the idea is. I am available, I am not in a hurry."

On the penalty:

"In my opinion I shot the first one well, then the goalkeeper made a good save. Then the second one came and I thought, 'Now I'm going to throw the ball and goalkeeper in' (laughs, ed.)."

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1E8820BC-28AD-4FEE-8BAF-163260023721.jpeg

On the field Leao seems dazed and against Udinese he didn’t have an impact, while against Salernitana he was the worst and only once in the last 11 games has he had a performance close to the levels expected, which was the first leg against Spurs.

Leao is back to what he was two seasons ago: an inconsistent talent that made Pioli claim that he must have ‘more fun’ on the field, which led to the Scudetto and the title of Serie A MVP.

His last goal dates back to January 14 against Lecce, then nothing since. Since Pioli switched to three-man defence, his performance has worsened. To show his best qualities and help the team, he needs space out wide and the fact he has only scored 8 goals in 40 games as a striker shows that.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Joke of a club would be if we sacked him, and replaced with some other gamble like Abate like we did with Brocchi. We all saw how that turned out.

It’s better to hope we grind out results than make drastic move risking even worse end result.
Lol sure pal

It’s not like there aren't fantastic coaching options available

Luis Enrique is sitting there and he’d be the best coach at this club in a decade

And Bonera would probably do a good job. I’m sure he understands by now Tonali and Bennacer doesn’t work by this point

If Pioli survives the break I guess I should just adjust me expectations

Conference League
Losing transfer targets to average Bundesliga clubs
3rd rate coaching options
Maybe a Haka or two in there

Maybe Gerry can take a break from his knock off NFL project a year from now and check the balance sheet and wonder why 100m in revenue is missing when he’s pursuing a 600m stadium project and paying off a loan

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli Will not be fired until the summer guys , don’t bother to talk about it. We have an easy schedule after Napoli game and still have more chance to be in top 4. We also have a solid chance to play final in Champions League. He make mistakes but to fire him he should lose something. I don’t know maybe he can take a gamble and put all his chips on Champions league. We should wait for the outcome
My choices would be;
Cl final or top 4 he stays
Otherwise he goes
Just that ,we should wait
If he somehow win cl final then I give a free bonus year to him, we can be 12th in the league in 23-24 season😊

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
No point sacking Piolito unless the manager is an upgrade. I’m not interested in getting a caretaker till the end of the season. They’re too risky and can turn out much worse and before you ask, yes things can actually get much worse than this so don’t ask. We still have faith in top 4 ATM.

I do think Pioli has to go at the end of the season though. Only a great CL result can make me change my mind. Hope the Luis Enrique links are serious.

I’m only in favour of firing Pioli right now if we can get a proper manager like Luis Enrique, De Zerbi Etc. Not Abate/Sheva etc etc

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I didn't expect time like this would ever come (when almost half of the forum finally realised what kind of player Leao really is). It used to be only me againts the world "Pro-Leao Group" before.
Always said if he didn’t renew he could gtfo and that once he cuts he’s worse than Messias.
Lol sure pal

It’s not like there aren't fantastic coaching options available

Luis Enrique is sitting there and he’d be the best coach at this club in a decade

And Bonera would probably do a good job. I’m sure he understands by now Tonali and Bennacer doesn’t work by this point

If Pioli survives the break I guess I should just adjust me expectations

Conference League
Losing transfer targets to average Bundesliga clubs
3rd rate coaching options
Maybe a Haka or two in there

Maybe Gerry can take a break from his knock off NFL project a year from now and check the balance sheet and wonder why 100m in revenue is missing when he’s pursuing a 600m stadium project and paying off a loan
I get your sentiment, but holy crap, Bonera?

I am all for switching someone but like I explained I feel it would be unfair and hard for them to inherit us this way which could potentially set them back next mercato, given how risk averse this ownership is.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think our players are some primadonnas who got cocky because they won last year. Ibra has talked about a mentality of playing while champions, I think that's a thing--but I don't think it is because the players are snobs.

Pioli has continued with his idea of all-out attack, but without the strategy or players in-form to do it. He hurls Brahim at Udinese, who are just a team of goons. And Sales.

Pioli has used the increased defensive solidity to return to his attacking gambling, it has dawned upon me. He has returned to being arrogant or naive or clueless--maybe all three?

I think his insistence on a SS style player at CAM is the ultimate illustration of how he misunderstands what best suits this team. It is not the singular factor, but it epitomizes how much he misunderstands what works and what doesn't.

He literally wants to hurl players at the attack, when they are off form, and he's also ditched his pressing system, which was a hybrid style, to a pure man-to-man system. That man-focused pressing system was something that Pioli used to exploit, and mixed two pressing systems (man and ball) to be as domineering defensively as we used to be.

Sottil just came out and explained it, and either Pioli knows it and doesn't know how to fix it or he didn't know what was happening.

The man orientated system requires sacrifice, but it also should result in an offensive threat. Too often we would win the ball and then fuck up the passing--Tonali did this often yesterday. Here is where I can see arguments about our players being entitled, but I think it is about physical and mental fatigue--which is more than just minutes played, it's also about the intensity and context of those minutes. Winning a game 3-0 is different than chasing a game or losing one.

I don't think our players have gotten lazy or full of themselves, they are running, they are trying, but they're not being given instructions that make sense. Pioli keeps telling Leao to go more central, but if FBT isn't going to stretch them, or even provide a defensive shield for him, it makes no sense.

Pioli literally has a blueprint for teams like Udinese, he used it against Juventus to devastating effect... and hasn't used it since.

Why?

Is he arrogant? Stupid? What?

You can talk about transfers all day, these are poor performances against teams in the bottom half of the table, Pioli shouldn't need new players with this squad to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule