Week 18: Milan vs Napoli 19/12/2021 20:45 CET

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I have no idea where this "Napoli deserved to win" bullshit came from.

It seems that whenever a team has a dangerous attacking run, it shows we are shit, not even a shot (if they shoot, it means they should have scored, even if it goes out of the stadium) but when we are clearly the better team, I just don't get it.

We were robbed today. And I am so angry. We have been robbed constantly this season. It's disgusting. I'm glad Pioli finally said something about the call today.
They were utter shit, it just they scored early goal and played at their half.
We haven't been excellent , but Napoli in no way was better team tonight.

I am tired of all the referee bullshit we receive against us

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hate it when Pioli doesn't change his system, it is so obvious. Ok he is missing some starters but so is Napoli. We can't create chances like we used to at the start of the season, diaz is so out of form, and Ibra is shit, so we are fucked.
We dont press and when we try it is so light. We dont keep the ball much and when we do, it is so vertical and no much movement. The ref call was a disaster but lets face it, we play like shit, Napoli was not good as well but we are unlucky thats a fact, we need to score to win and not rely on luck.
We need to rest, get some new blood, and Pioli needs to get his shit together and bring back the grinta if he cant bring any new type of play.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This really sucks. I think I realise that this is not a squad good enough to win a Scudetto. We are a team of limited resources who should be happy if we consistently finish in the top 4. Sadly, this is what happens when you don't have money/are not willing to spend money to keep the squad at a certain level. I am glad the new owners are running the club with fiscal prudence but this is not a team that deserves to win the Scudetto. Hopefully we learn from this and spend a bit more in the market.
You are wrong.

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Realistically speaking this is kind of expected with the high injury count, our squad was already thin to begin with but its been a crazy season with injuries.
I don't know who Kessie is anymore. If I would blame Pioli on one thing it would be that the substitutions were late, after the subs came in the goal was cooking but it was too late already. Florenzi impressed me today.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Realistically speaking this is kind of expected with the high injury count, our squad was already thin to begin with but its been a crazy season with injuries.
I don't know who Kessie is anymore. If I would blame Pioli on one thing it would be that the substitutions were late, after the subs came in the goal was cooking but it was too late already. Florenzi impressed me today.
The squad isnt thin

We have just collected a lot of useless players to make it seem like it is

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The squad isn't thin, in fact the only good thing about the summer transfers was that they gave depth in the correct positions. The new additions however have not provided the quality that we need. No new player has actually improved the team.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
That’s what you upset about? Everyone celebrated. Like why wouldn’t they.
It tells a lot about mentality of some of these players. Normally, you'll expect them to immediately grab the ball to start the kick off and search for second goal to try to win it. If our target is really about scudetto... Or maybe we're happy enough with top 4 cl qualifications, so no need to be a try hard (on the field and on transfer market). Who knows

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I would like to know how many times Diaz lost the ball / duel tonight. It was so fucking frustrating to watch... and he is supposed to be the most important player in the organization of the attack. :head:

Messias was just slightly less wasteful than him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, Florenzi and Toure weren't the problem today. Toure put in a beautiful cross for Ibra in the first half, and it was his cross (if I'm not mistaken) for our disallowed bullshit goal.
Florenzi…I agree.

Ballo Toure almost got burned and cost us another goal because of his “defending”

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tear the referee a new one. Absolutely zero excuse to turn over the goal for an offside like that.

Can't wait for the usual morning paper "Ex-referees say it was the wrong decision" as if that has any meaningful impact on a stolen point and 2 for Napoli.

Marelli and the goal canceled against Milan: "Giroud does not create contact, he could not have been in any other position"​

on cue

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That call yesterday must have been the worst call a ref's done since I don't know when.

It can probably be traced back to some rule, but fuck that, the goal should have stayed.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
The squad isn't thin, in fact the only good thing about the summer transfers was that they gave depth in the correct positions. The new additions however have not provided the quality that we need. No new player has actually improved the team.
Messias

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea where this "Napoli deserved to win" bullshit came from.

It seems that whenever a team has a dangerous attacking run, it shows we are shit, not even a shot (if they shoot, it means they should have scored, even if it goes out of the stadium) but when we are clearly the better team, I just don't get it.

We were robbed today. And I am so angry. We have been robbed constantly this season. It's disgusting. I'm glad Pioli finally said something about the call today.
Napoli were shit and we were shit. That we can hopefully all agree on.

But how can you honestly claim after the shitshow last night that we clearly were the better team?

Looking at the stats from last nights game Napoli were the slightly better team and that’s pretty much what I gathered from watching the match as well.

A draw would have probably been a fair result since no team really put in a performance deserving of a win. On the other hand if you play the way we did last night, you can’t complain too much about not getting anything from the game.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Meh Napoli weren't better and we weren't great. A draw would have been a fair result...a napoli win without the controversy would have been OK as well...we weren't that much better...but this ref fucking us over is unacceptable.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I hate it when Pioli doesn't change his system, it is so obvious. Ok he is missing some starters but so is Napoli. We can't create chances like we used to at the start of the season, diaz is so out of form, and Ibra is shit, so we are fucked.
We dont press and when we try it is so light. We dont keep the ball much and when we do, it is so vertical and no much movement. The ref call was a disaster but lets face it, we play like shit, Napoli was not good as well but we are unlucky thats a fact, we need to score to win and not rely on luck.
We need to rest, get some new blood, and Pioli needs to get his shit together and bring back the grinta if he cant bring any new type of play.
I agree. Why does he have to persist with the 4-2-3-1? It's mulish and stubborn. Once it was apparent that the players that were picked weren't playing as well as they should have, we could've gone to a 4-3-3 with Bennacer, Tonali and Kessie in the middle and Sala, Ibra and Castillejo up front.

Diaz increasingly looks ill-suited to the number 10 shirt. He is talented but we should invest in a more proven alternative. Bennacer deserves a run in the side. I really can't see what he's done to be consigned to the sidelines. Messias should simply stay on his feet more and play football. He's been signed to play football and not win stupid fouls. Someone should tell him that. I love how Krunic puts himself about but how could he possibly start in a game of this magnitude? It only shows the paucity of quality in our depth. We also need a striker who is more mobile and can offer more than Ibra does. This is why we miss Rebic so much. Our first choice XI is good enough to give anybody in the league a run for their money. But our squad sadly is not.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
The decision to disallow the goal for me is the worse I have seen in times since VAR was introduced. It was clear Giroud was not interfering with play and to top if off their defender was lying on top of him.

Only in Italy would this goal be disallowed. It was farcical.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
From those bullet points, I imagine they went with obvious action to prevent the defender doing something?

Not really sure what he could do.

They really need to clarify the rules around players being offside and active.

In my mind, if a player is offside, even if they're nowhere near the ball, then the goalkeeper and defenders will at least be thinking of them, so why would that be allowed and this not - having this halfway house rule is just nonsense.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We talked to Inter Milan, AC, but the problem was the structure of the league was a mess
MBS ppl.

The "mess" was fully evident in last night's game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Just came here to say I'm still in shock after witnessing that decision last night. Usually referees are against us, but what I saw yesterday I have never ever seen in my entire life. They literally cancelled a legitimate goal that cannot be linked to any rule whatsoever. This is a scandal

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading that article the decision makes a little bit more sense tbh.
I understand their reasoning. I just disagree with their judgement :(.

Imo, giroud did not do any of the below:

“A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball”

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
voodooll lost his magic, we need someone new for match threads (sorry VD)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I understand their reasoning. I just disagree with their judgement :(.

Imo, giroud did not do any of the below:
I agree with you.

Giroud and the Napoli defender were entangled into each other and I guess that kind of made it harder for the defender to clear the ball better.

It is traced back to a rule, but you have to be a twat to call it.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with you.

Giroud and the Napoli defender were entangled into each other and I guess that kind of made it harder for the defender to clear the ball better.

It is traced back to a rule, but you have to be a twat to call it.
Looking at still images they didn’t even seem entangled

Schedule