The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Also, Kalulu played with a dislocated shoulder. Humanity doesn't deserve him.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Seems like Vinicius is finally unleashing his potential. Man, I miss having technical Brazilians at Milan :(

How do you guys rate Leao compared to him?

Similar level. Vini has better quality around him.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Precious Kalulu... Dislocated shoulder can take quite some time to heal, right? Google tells me 3 weeks to 3 months

I can't remember how long Rebic was out

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Carlo Ancelotti's influence should not be understated.

He underperformed here, please do not mention his name in the presence of wild.

Let’s give him some space with Pep

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Di Marzio is becoming a clown. God forbid Tomori being seriously injured, but if that was the case, why in the living fuck would we go in for Diallo or Bailly in that situation? They're at AFCON, they play for teams that should progress, and even if they don't, they won't be able to come here for a while.

I want Omeragic now though. He might become my new Kamada.
😂 Difference is lots of people want Omeragic here … on Kamada you have sole ownership + without any links.
It’s fully your creation

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
did pep ever win CL without messi?
I know that Pep won the CL with Barca with some questionable ref help. A disgrace, if you will.

I know Bayern won after he left.

I know that Pep lost the last CL because of his stupid choices.

If Pep wins the CL this year, it's because City have spent one billion euros.

He's a great coach. But he's no Carlo.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
@Ronin

You left a huge scar on pigeon

8bd7309b7a7478522f6b41e34cd0da98.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lots of managers who didnt win CL even with Messi... which list wud Pioli fall on?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very good performance by Maldini, had his feet in a lot of plays. First time he looked really creative.
I can see why Ibra likes Roback :zlatanup:

Precious Kalulu... Dislocated shoulder can take quite some time to heal, right? Google tells me 3 weeks to 3 months

I think with Rebic it was an elbow which might be worse.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i watched the euro2020 final at my normal bar...the first beer i ordered was a guinness draught but i noticed the bartender was moderately busy so the delayed pour of the guinness might be annoying for them, if i'm planning on sitting at the bar to watch this whole game drinking guinness. i chose something else for beer #2, but as i was drinking that one, the thought entered my mind, are you willing to not drink guinness in exchange for an italia loss? no...it then became my burden to order only guinness from that point on, and the rest? well it is history

reminded me of putting on the new lucky charm pre match jacket i just received with the leao goal

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It really fucked Abate up. He was out for almost half a season iirc

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
You’re not going to get success in your life by renting out your time stalking vulture tweet, crop his tweet and post it here.

And you did that repeatedly. Not sure why you have genuine curiosity and passion for stalking Vulture tweets.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

jfc… so tomori and Kalulu both injured for this pointless game? Coppa is the most fodder competition in top 5 leagues and there is neither money nor prestige involved

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Leao on the renewal of the contract: 'Milan great club, I'm happy. Let's see, it's still early '​

New saga begins :b:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Leao on the renewal of the contract: 'Milan great club, I'm happy. Let's see, it's still early '​

New saga begins :b:
Lol. Read that earlier…and made me feel funny.
Especially when you add the fact that he has this sporting thing going going on.

Now more than Kessie, 10+10 or 99… his situation (talent, demand, current salary) is perfect for him to get a BIIIIG pay rise if he goes free… the others were/are only going to get a little bump in salary.

I also saw another tweet today where his agent is quoted saying that his Milan move was done behind his back. As he, supposedly, had a clause in his Lille contract because he arrived free from sporting due to that chaotic situation. Clause which allowed Lille to unilaterally sell him on certain conditions.
At least that’s what I saw, maybe I saw wrong.

Anyway, Let me enjoy this good period we’re going through.
I’ll deal with this when it comes

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Pioli: "We have to play at a high pace or else we become predictable"

for me, Malda, Krunic, and Messi is the main culprit for a slower game pace

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Weird statements by Leao.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Leao doesn’t sign a renewal by the end of the season, sell his ass.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
No need to apologize, thank you for posting the info.

tl:dr anyone? we're good or nah??? answers only from pseudo-intelligent people please.
We are improving financially, but I don’t really see a clear path to breaking even without the stadium, as I don’t think there is a major opportunity to decrease the wage bill further. The stadium will help, but that’s 4-5 years away.

Relying on deep CL runs is a somewhat risky strategy, but that, along with increased commercial revenue, seems to be the only way forward now.

To me, the most interesting thing to monitor moving forward will be how Gazidis renews the shirt and main sponsor deals. We are at around 25m combined on these two, which is representative of banger era Milan but not of current Milan.

Juve isn’t the right benchmark as Jeep is just funneling money between the same ownership group. But getting 60-70m combined from shirt and main sponsor doesn’t seem out of the question.

With this in place, and say a run to the r16 in next year’s CL, I could see us getting close to breakeven (I see wages being more or less the same with renewals being offset by dumping guys like Conti, Samu, Caldara off the books).

TLDR - our commercial revenue is still poor. Stadium will take time. We need better shirt and sponsor deals in addition to better CL runs to get back to breakeven

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would you dorks prefer Leao lie to you like Kessie did last summer, which you also complain about?

I appreciate the candor from Leao. He’s happy, Milan is a great club, he will wait and see (aka do what is best for him). That’s fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule