The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Feels kinda strange that PSG would be after such a "low" profile tho. There are plenty more expensive, more marketable wingers around to shop and flex with. Why all of a sudden a Faivre?

Is this the beginning of the end for PSGs rich owners? Are this the first signs of them preparing to leave once the worldcup is done?

Or just Faivres agent trying to bail Maldini into acting faster?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Looking more likely we walked away as he seems very unprofessional.
He will flaunt with any "big" club who wants to pay him more than he earns now it seems. I'd think it's both we couldn't offload Samu so couldn't offer what Brest wanted upfront, but also his attitude to missing training etc that maybe turned us away at the same time. A shame, he seems like a great player, but there are others out there.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile according to Telegraph Lille sets the price for Botman: 55M.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why Maldini and Massara walking away from the negotiations is not being cheap, but sensible. 55M!? What has Botman done to justify such a pricetag?! Absolutely nothing. He may be good but he is no generational talent a la Mbappé. What is baguette league ranked in Europe? 6th? How delusional must they be to ask for such ridiculous prices?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He will flaunt with any "big" club who wants to pay him more than he earns now it seems. I'd think it's both we couldn't offload Samu so couldn't offer what Brest wanted upfront, but also his attitude to missing training etc that maybe turned us away at the same time. A shame, he seems like a great player, but there are others out there.

From the YouTube highlights alone I'd be thrilled to see him trying his talent in Serie A with us. However there's always the next talented player. The flavor of the season. I would lie if I was saying him going somewhere else doesn't bother me, but at the same time I know for sure that the next name to hype will come up rather sooner than later. And suddenly the name Faivre will be forgotten as fast as all those before him that were linked to us but didn't came true. Kai Jorge, Simakan, Kabak and so on...

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
From the YouTube highlights alone I'd be thrilled to see him trying his talent in Serie A with us. However there's always the next talented player. The flavor of the season. I would lie if I was saying him going somewhere else doesn't bother me, but at the same time I know for sure that the next name to hype will come up rather sooner than later. And suddenly the name Faivre will be forgotten as fast as all those before him that were linked to us but didn't came true. Kai Jorge, Simakan, Kabak and so on...
After witnessing Salah shredding and wreaking havoc on our defence, I now prefer more direct and speedy winger like Mohamed Ali-Cho

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
But there is a third option that piques Milan's interest. This is Nicolò Casale, a young defender under Verona. His candidacy - writes the Gazzetta - is part of a different package of names screened by Maldini and Massara: he is a young, Italian boy with some experience in Serie A. Hellas, however, does not seem willing to accept a sale to temporary title with right of redemption, and here comes the usual problem again

🤣🤣🤣
Fuckin clubs not wanting to get robbed :lol:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why Maldini and Massara walking away from the negotiations is not being cheap, but sensible. 55M!? What has Botman done to justify such a pricetag?! Absolutely nothing. He may be good but he is no generational talent a la Mbappé. What is baguette league ranked in Europe? 6th? How delusional must they be to ask for such ridiculous prices?
Oh with that i agree.
Again i agree with you.
However its a matter of how long we are gonna wait to see an AM & A RW worthy of our current squad.
Years are wasted IMO & I just wanna see Leao supported by an opposing working flank both supported with an actual playmaker.
Our squad is good but its being replenished with every passing season.
First Donna & Hakan left , then it will be Kess & Roma , next Theo & Leao ?!
Meanwhile we are wasting millions here & there on Pellegri & Toure.
Couple of millions here n there are better used to seal deals for quality over quantity.
Depth mean shit when your starting eleven have weak spots & depth mean shit when they arent quality.

With that said , very few of our targets hit the ground running so am still positive Maldini will work some of his magic ASAP.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Well, this is how you sell. Stick to high prices so you either keep your player or receive big money. We, on the other hand, are doing the exact opposite.

Our stubbornness in both ways (selling and buying) is what still holds us down and does not let us become a big club again. We don't need Elliott to spend 100 m every window, we just need some flexibility. We missed on opportunities like Faivre, Kone and Simakan just because we refused to pay 2-3 m more. All of them are playing well right now in their clubs.

I have zero regrets about Simakan as we got Tomori instead of him, but we actually paid 13 m more for him. So... the ultra stingy Gazidis/Elliott refused to pay 2-3 m more to acquire Simakan just to end up paying 13 m more for Tomori. Zero sense in this operation from economical point of view.

Kone is regarded as one of the top-prospects in Bundesfodder. Missed for 2-3 m again. In 2 years he will be sold for 40 m to PL.

Faivre was missed again for 2-3 m. And instead we had to settle for Messias, who is not a bad player, but is definitely not the Elliott profile. And what's more, the money that we allocated for the purchase of Faivre (13 m) just vanished.

All these young players missed because of 2-3 m, but we ended up paying 5 m for FBT instead of getting a player on loan. And now we are about to trigger the Pellegri option for 6 m without him showing even a glimmer for potential. 11 m down the drain, instead of securing 2 of the young stars of the Baguette league.

Some of our transfer sagas make zero sense to me. Imagine missing on potential 40-50 m players over 2-3 m when they are young and cost around 10 m but end up buying fodder with the same money. Pure madness for a project that is 'youth oriented' and on tight budget.

Same thoughts about the sales. I understand that Donnarumma situation was hard to deal with, since Raiola is his agent, but releasing Calhanoglu, Romagnoli and Kessie for 0 EUR is disastrous management. All of them were easily sellable for some money. Especially Kessie and Romagnoli. We could've easily collected 30-35 m for the 2 of them last summer. Maybe even more. We've been reading for years how we have a tight budget, how we can't afford big names and in the same time we are missing on easy money.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Feels kinda strange that PSG would be after such a "low" profile tho. There are plenty more expensive, more marketable wingers around to shop and flex with. Why all of a sudden a Faivre?

Is this the beginning of the end for PSGs rich owners? Are this the first signs of them preparing to leave once the worldcup is done?

Or just Faivres agent trying to bail Maldini into acting faster?
They're a little understaffed in midfield for their standards. They had 1 midfielder on the bench last game. It's just a pity we might miss out on Faivre because he's the sort of deal we should be getting. We don't buy absolute top talent or established WC players as we can't afford it. Regardless that I didn't like Faivre's attitude to Brest, I still wanted him because he suits the price we can pay and the talent that we need. So I'm not surprised he's twerking for another club now. He's not loyal.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Where ll he play in psg? Unless he just wants money and he can ride bench. I dont get this move. Whatever.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, this is how you sell. Stick to high prices so you either keep your player or receive big money. We, on the other hand, are doing the exact opposite.

Our stubbornness in both ways (selling and buying) is what still holds us down and does not let us become a big club again. We don't need Elliott to spend 100 m every window, we just need some flexibility. We missed on opportunities like Faivre, Kone and Simakan just because we refused to pay 2-3 m more. All of them are playing well right now in their clubs.

I have zero regrets about Simakan as we got Tomori instead of him, but we actually paid 13 m more for him. So... the ultra stingy Gazidis/Elliott refused to pay 2-3 m more to acquire Simakan just to end up paying 13 m more for Tomori. Zero sense in this operation from economical point of view.

Kone is regarded as one of the top-prospects in Bundesfodder. Missed for 2-3 m again. In 2 years he will be sold for 40 m to PL.

Faivre was missed again for 2-3 m. And instead we had to settle for Messias, who is not a bad player, but is definitely not the Elliott profile. And what's more, the money that we allocated for the purchase of Faivre (13 m) just vanished.

All these young players missed because of 2-3 m, but we ended up paying 5 m for FBT instead of getting a player on loan. And now we are about to trigger the Pellegri option for 6 m without him showing even a glimmer for potential. 11 m down the drain, instead of securing 2 of the young stars of the Baguette league.

Some of our transfer sagas make zero sense to me. Imagine missing on potential 40-50 m players over 2-3 m when they are young and cost around 10 m but end up buying fodder with the same money. Pure madness for a project that is 'youth oriented' and on tight budget.

Same thoughts about the sales. I understand that Donnarumma situation was hard to deal with, since Raiola is his agent, but releasing Calhanoglu, Romagnoli and Kessie for 0 EUR is disastrous management. All of them were easily sellable for some money. Especially Kessie and Romagnoli. We could've easily collected 30-35 m for the 2 of them last summer. Maybe even more. We've been reading for years how we have a tight budget, how we can't afford big names and in the same time we are missing on easy money.
:star:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
yo... we were trying to sell samu (not sure what we could get for him - 7m??12??) but he wasnt interested to move and changed agent later...
so nothing vanished because nothing (or almost nothing) was there.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
My best memory to the G-zone is the season where they promised a "big" name would arrive.

All season we dreamt of names.

Only to sign a player with many vowels in his name, Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

God what a time
He later went on to become bit of a beast.

Member mr. x?

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Nicolo Casale is already 23yo (and soon 24 on February), but still there's no highlight on him out there

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Mr. X is undoubtedly one of the biggest Fester moments together with Cesc we can. Mr. X was supposed to be Hamsik? And we end up signing...who?
Sum fecked-up Brazilian... I member his name but I dont want to say it... almost reminds me of the current Oli

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I can agree with lots said here. But I disagree with some points.

- Simakan right now has a MV of 18M concerning Transfermarkt. Tomori on the other hand 45M. From an economical POV we already made a profit of 15M so to speak, RB however "only" 3M. That's the economical sense you're looking for. It doesn't really matter in the end tho as RB is a selling club looking to sell Simakan one day for way more than 18M to some EPL club or Bayern. We on the other hand are far more interested in the sporting value of Tomori and don't plan to sell him. If MV is an indicator of how strong a player is, then Tomori > Simakan as of now, and that is all that matters.

- Faivre: We were ready to put 15M on the table for a Baguette League B talent as confirmed by Faivre himself. That's not being cheap. However you're making it look like we eventually bailed out because of a couple of millions while it's very well documented and confirmed by Lilles SD that they pulled out of the negotiations in order to punish him for trying to force a move. You still using your narrative is unfair and false information for those who didn't follow that saga as closely as we did last summer. Meanwhile Faivre played so well that even PSG seemingly shows up and drives his price higher. That's nothing you can blame our management for.

- Concerning the sales (or better, not sales) of players like Donnarumma, Hakan, Kessie, Romagnoli and Castillejo: It doesn't need much research to realize that we are by far not the only club struggling with players nearing the end of their contracts and simply refusing being sold in order to pull a bosman and get a far better contract elsewhere. Not only we, but all the clubs in general have no power since the buyers know exactly well what's going on and won't show up to offer any money. Kessie for example. I don't know about any official offer for him. But we know very well that clubs like PSG and others lure such players by saying them "don't renew, stay another year, we'll make it worthwhile for you and your agent with a super contract next year".

- Romagnoli currently makes >6M and no club really seriously interested in him does have the budget to give him that salary other than in a bosman deal. Kessie asks for 9M, a wage better than most of the top players in EPL. And none of them has made an offer last summer. Donnarumma, no comment. Hakan went for 0,5M to Inter, that's how much of a moneywhore he is. So when you say they would be "easily" sellable I really don't know in which world you are living in.

- Pellegri: If we're interested in prematurely activating the option in his contract than certainly not because our management was so impressed in the four (?) games he played so far this season. You're more clever than that, c'mon bro. The only reason for us to activate his clause is to use his card somewhere else. Rumors has it that we're trying to get Bremer with Pellegris card. If that turns out to be true, that would be super smooth mercatoing.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuckin clubs not wanting to get robbed :lol:

Oh with that i agree.

Again i agree with you.
However its a matter of how long we are gonna wait to see an AM & A RW worthy of our current squad.
Years are wasted IMO & I just wanna see Leao supported by an opposing working flank both supported with an actual playmaker.
Our squad is good but its being replenished with every passing season.
First Donna & Hakan left , then it will be Kess & Roma , next Theo & Leao ?!
Meanwhile we are wasting millions here & there on Pellegri & Toure.
Couple of millions here n there are better used to seal deals for quality over quantity.
Depth mean shit when your starting eleven have weak spots & depth mean shit when they arent quality.

With that said , very few of our targets hit the ground running so am still positive Maldini will work some of his magic ASAP.

Yes, I agree that some day we must make that move on one talent or another. Messias is a player I have a soft spot for but even I can see that he's more of a short-term patch to buy some time to wait for the right player at the right moment at the right price. It's okay for now but not forever, that much I can agree with 😅.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messias is a utility player that i would like to keep , same as Florenzi.
Those are 5mil that are smartly invested & translated with much higher output on the pitch.
Toure , Samu , Sale , Pellegri are the ones that dont add & need to go.
Some are pure shit like Samu while Sale is mediocre but his price that i believe nothing more than 8-10mil are better invested in a much better player for that same amount.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Sassuolo is fucking sucks but always turn it on against us. I fucking hate them

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sassuolo is fucking sucks but always turn it on against us. I fucking hate them
Every verona corner is 99% goal chances and we were fkg useless back then altho we have ibra, baka, giroud...vergogna

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Nicolo Casale is already 23yo (and soon 24 on February), but still there's no highlight on him out there
Confirmed fodder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule