The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Too young, too many injuries. That's not good. But if they want to include him in some deal with Torino than that's okay.Belloti will come for free. Ibra is retiring next year. So i think Pellegri will be included in Bremer deal.
I’d say its mental, not physical.

if he gets regular, maybe he’ll mentally improve and followed by its physical endurance.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I don’t understand how you watch the last 3 months and think a CB is more required than a AM option. I know the management isn’t dumb but this unwillingness to invest in the attack baffles me.

Besides Leao, we have spent absolute pittens on the attack. On the other hand, we have spent close to 100m on the back 6

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
There must be something going on with Torino. Or Monaco?

The Pellegri deal seems like a shrewd business decision, but not in any way, shape or form what's needed in terms of strengthening our team here and now. Unless there's something going on with Bremer/Belotti/some Monaco player it doesn't feel like time well spent.
Or he is just a young talented player, with huge potential. Hindered by injuries…yet available for peanuts… and if they have reasons to believe that the injuries will subside. Why not? Send him on loan (I’d even do 18 months) try to get him some continuity.

We’ve seen this kid at 16, if the misfortunes go away and he gets some continuity, I’m sure he’ll be a monster.

I don’t believe 1% he’s being bought as a pawn. But for the future

#planning

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
With Pellegri and Samu departure, I hope that it means that they're creating free space for someone else. That's the only thing that would make sense

Also Daniele Maldini needs to fek off, he just occupies place for nothing. No wonder that we can't buy anyone, we have SIX (!!!) fucking players on CAM/RW position while all of them are just crappy/average. 😑

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Pellegris replacement? :lol:

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
With Pellegri and Samu departure, I hope that it means that they're creating free space for someone else. That's the only thing that would make sense

Also Daniele Maldini needs to fek off, he just occupies place for nothing. No wonder that we can't buy anyone, we have SIX (!!!) fucking players on CAM/RW position while all of them are just crappy/average. 😑
To be fair, Daniel Maldini played better against Genoa than Diaz did against Spezia.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope we start Daniele 'till Kessie is back at least.
If people wouldn‘t be scared that he only is in the squad because of daddy he would be much higher rated.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Generally speaking Diaz is not bad player, he's just completely wrong profile for CAM position in Pioli's system. I don't know what the management thought when they saw him as a starting player.

Maldini and Krunic are Empoli level. Diaz bad form are not making them any better.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So, we don't have money to buy a new CB which is a big need, we don't have money to buy a proper creator which is also a big need, but we have 6 m to buy Pellegri for no good reason.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This week will be a week of meltdown and in-house fighting on RnB.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Generally speaking Diaz is not bad player, he's just completely wrong profile for CAM position in Pioli's system. I don't know what the management thought when they saw him as a starting player.

Maldini and Krunic are Empoli level. Diaz bad form are not making them any better.
Giving Maldini playing time actually has a solid chance of making him better at his age.

Krunic is what he is, when we are 4 players down in a position Empoli guy is a lot better than nothing and that‘s kinda his job here.

Last edited:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The irony is that the AIA supposedly sent that referee to gain experience and now he will be suspended for a long period.

But besides that, I think he officiated the game well if you take away that rushed whistle. I don't think it's fair to say that Gyasa should have been sent off, that's not up to the fan to determine, and he did not commit a dangerous foul worthy of a second yellow. I actually like it when refs don't punish for the slightest contact, and this one allowed an open and somewhat physical game, and I really like that. You could argue that a typical uptight ref would have given their CF Manaj a few more free kicks and maybe give Kalulu his second yellow. So it's not right to say that they should have gone down to 10 men.

His only mistake was to whistle too early and I'm not mad at him because he instantly demonstrated the humility to apologize.

What angers me more is the approach of our team. I can't think of any reason why there was such low levels of focus, as if the match itself was not important.
Agree and disagree at the same time. It’s fine if the ref lets one or two go, but Gyasi had free reign. You not allowed to commit 4 to 5 fouls and get no yellow. He received no warning mind you, the rule book states if you commit 3 minor fouls in a short period, you get a warning, he didn’t even get a warning, after that you get a yellow. He was supposed to be off. The ref was just shit. He committed those fouls all in the second half over 20 to 30 minutes, he was scared to give a red, which put us at a disadvantage because Gyasi knew he could get away with it.

Note, Gyasi had 4 fouls I remember and did not get a warning. This was after a yellow.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

You calling Daniel midtable?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Last night was disgusting.

Shit happens, I guess. We move on

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I don’t understand how you watch the last 3 months and think a CB is more required than a AM option. I know the management isn’t dumb but this unwillingness to invest in the attack baffles me.

Besides Leao, we have spent absolute pittens on the attack. On the other hand, we have spent close to 100m on the back 6
If one of Kalu-Gabbia got injured yesterday we'd have no replacement.

For AM we have 3-5 people who can play there, even though nobody is a world beater

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also a proper CAM is expensive and we already have Adli lined up, so the signing would also need to make sense with that in mind.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also a proper CAM is expensive and we already have Adli lined up, so the signing would also need to make sense with that in mind.
Important perspective.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I kind of like that the players let guy alone at the final whistle. Die in your own shame.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We must be getting a new CF. The fact that he’s going to Torino makes me excited that we’re trying to get Belotti early.

Hopefully they don’t see Gabbia as a viable option anymore and go for another CB too, like Omeragic.

Loan Gabbia and Pellegri, get Belotti and Omeragic. Next season Belotti eventually takes over from Ibra, and Omeragic replaces Romagnoli.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love Kalulu. I really do. I think he's got a great future ahead of him, and hopefully he becomes our Costacurta, where, along with Calabria, Tomori, and Theo after they win multiple CLs back-to-back-to-back (to-back-to-back... etc) we have a debate on RnB whether Tassotti-Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini, Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini, or Calabria-Tomori-Kalulu-Theo was our best backline ever.

But he's a kid. He made really bad mistakes yesterday. Gabbia did, too. Kalulu lost his man for the first goal and then made a basic clearance mistake on the second.

Romagnoli coming back will be huge, but Tomori being out these next two games... man, the amount of mistakes that Gabbia and Kalulu make, it's costing us. This was Spezia, not Inter, not Juve. Against Roma, we were lucky that we got away with them, but Roma could have very easily scored on one mistake each for the boys.

And I'm not shitting on them, because they're young, and I think after CM, CB is one of the most cerebral positions and where experience counts the most. But getting another CB would help a lot. Yes, I want Omeragic and ideally we'd get Omeragic and another more experienced CB, since Romagnoli looks set to leave, while sending Gabbia on loan, but we need another CB because the learning curve for Kalulu and Gabbia right now is steep. The only good thing is that they have been largely shielded from criticism so far, which is great, but they need time.

I don't think Brahim played badly yesterday. I'm not a Brahim fan, but yesterday he was providing the mid-range passes to connect play. The sort of stuff that you don't care about, but that helps our play move, helps us flow, helps us attack. He also put in a defensive shift, covering and pressuring when we lost the ball. I want a 6 month loan of an experienced CAM, even just to give Brahim a rest and to help us see out games, or to have someone with the experience to hold onto the ball when we need to, to pick out passes when a team is pressuring us for a late equalizer, but I don't see the dire need for a CAM or RW in comparison to the need for another CB in light of Tomori's injury. I think Alexis had a good game yesterday and we actually lost our balance after he came off. Messias had a game to forget, before he scored the game winner. For me, another CAM is more important than another RW. Someone who can play both would be excellent, obviously.

Ibra, also, played well yesterday. He linked up play. He hit the bar. The keeper made good saves against him. But I don't think Ibra was the problem yesterday. He was even involved in our game winner, he was the one who kept the ball, to lay it off to Rebic, which led to Messias's goal. We dominated that game.

Man City has games like we had constantly. The difference being, they don't have refs that allow other teams to get away with blatant professional fouls when they are on yellows, and they don't fuck with them when they score winners. Man City has a better squad than we do (for now), yes, but the idea that great teams don't win 1-0 is absolute horseshit. If Kalulu had that sort of freedom to just foul someone without worrying about a second yellow, then he would have fouled the Spezia player before they scored their second. Gyasi was able to do that to Theo when he horse collared him (which is illegal in the NFL) and got nothing for it, not even a foul, because Theo was playing honest and tried to keep going. Oh, and refs are supposed to give the yellow to that sort of conduct after the play is over, but the ref did not.

Pellegri to Torino, to me, I think it means we're trying to get Bremer now, personally. I think we value Pellegri, and reports seem that we will be paying less than the option of 6m on him. He's 20 years old, and if the fee is like 2m, and they want to take that chance, why not? I think Bremer-Tomori-Kjaer-Omeragic-Kalulu is a wonderful core of CBs (where Kalulu can cover RB) for next year, with Gabbia sent out on loan a la Pobega.

Anyway. These are my thoughts and my "wall of text" but I'd rather just vomit it all out at once.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Season 2023-24 Ibra and Giroud are gone…after 18 months on loan and a very successful 22-23, Pellegri is back at Milan. To lead the line.
During his loan he has taken inspiration from Haaland and has become a direct and ruthless finisher. With Adli and Leao feeding him.

Fans:
“I can’t believe We got him for just 5m”
“I thought Maldini only knew to pick defenders”
“Maldini is a genius”

——————

Someone save this to VAR it and rub it in my face in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule