Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Thanks Salah.
Kessie on his way home tomorrow.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Before Covid, Barca's sponsorship deals were 55m with Rakuten and 19m a year with Beko. Even though Rakuten's deal was only 30m last year, but let's go with the height of those deals, which was worth 74m. So, these new deals will get them... 85-88m, and increase of 11-14m.

Barca losses are over 400m a year, but there was covid and Messi left, so those are huge factors, right?

Even if Barca didn't lose Messi and Covid didn't happen, they still would have lost over 100m.

So yes, they are in deep trouble. It's just fucking math.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
bUt bArCeLoNa aRe sCrEwEd.....
It doesn't happen overnight. They've been on a downward spiral for some time now, but Messi has been saving their brand. This is the 1st year without him. They might make the right moves and recover or lose it, as I believe a big part of their fanbase are people that only stay with you if you win, then switch to another team. At this point, they're still a major brand, but it might not be so in 3-5 years.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i went back 8 pages to find the post, i couldn't. i don't want to pin it falsely on someone. it was this morning.
i think the person was having a back and forth with @brk pointing the important pieces we've got just last window. and replied (more or less) that Tonali's deal was embarrassing
I'm talking in terms of costs. Lazetic could become the next Shevchenko for all we know, but a team fighting for the top spots cannot take such gambles. It needs to invest in established talents, and established talents cost.

Tomori is the only decent investment this ownership has made in the last couple of years.

Maignan cost 13m, which is penauts under current market terms.

Tonali's signing was simply embarrassing, acting like a bunch of whores to lower his price to minimal terms. In the end, we signed him for 17M over two years plus some primavera kid.
This one.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those deals won't even cover their losses in one year.
inter had to sell 2 best players
juve has sugar daddy, but even he won't be able to save them if they continue losing 100-200m every year

Inter sold 2 best players and are still 1st. Still signing players.
Juve lost tons of money and just made the biggest January signing in Serie A.

Losses mean absolutely nothing.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
@Levi...
giphy.gif

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Before Covid, Barca's sponsorship deals were 55m with Rakuten and 19m a year with Beko. Even though Rakuten's deal was only 30m last year, but let's go with the height of those deals, which was worth 74m. So, these new deals will get them... 85-88m, and increase of 11-14m.

Last time we discussed this you were saying their new sponsorship deals were going to be less. They lost Messi and tons of money and still managed to get more for their shirt deals.

Please don't discuss finances again. You have no clue what you're talking about.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Barca dropped 55m in winter market... on 1 player.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barca dropped 55m in winter market... on 1 player.

Some people here have no clue what they're talking about. Wishful thinking and reality are two different things.

Barcelona are simply too big to fail.

• Star
Reactions: vB9

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel so bad for the players when the mics go up to them with the national anthems playing. I can't sing for shit, maybe I'm just getting second-hand anxiety lol.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can someone explain to me why we were hit with FFP sanctions and other clubs can just post losses like it's nothing?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Can someone explain to me why we were hit with FFP sanctions and other clubs can just post losses like it's nothing?
its not really a thing if your intention is to spend...but if you dont want to spend, its a useful alibi

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love how Ivory Coast got knocked out, but Kessie got injured, which doesn't help us at all. I hope it isn't serious.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Those deals won't even cover their losses in one year.
inter had to sell 2 best players
juve has sugar daddy, but even he won't be able to save them if they continue losing 100-200m every year
How the fuck does this make you feel better?

If someone's shoving an avocado up your ass....do you think "Hey at least I'm not getting a pineapple pushed in that guy's FUCKED! :lol: ?"

Or do you think "I'M GETTING AN AVOCADO UP MY ASS!!"

There's such a bizarre competition for "who has it worse" among the QPaolo posters. It gets worse when you consider that all of these clubs that Sam and BRK and co are laughing at have had far more success than us in the last decade.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I think Fiorentina struck gold with this guy

Selling Vlahovic and getting this guy. This looks like properly done business by Commisso

Remember Afonso Alves who was setting eredivise on fire?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

of course they mean nothing, as long as it's not your money:lol:
some rich guy might be ok with paying for all these losses from his pocket, but people tend to change their mind, age or die
And if you look several years or decades in the future, anything can happen
Just remember what happened to us when Berlu decided he is done with it

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Commisso was smart in selling high on Vlahovic now and not waiting around until his contract expires when you know he had no intention of renewing.

Milan could learn a thing or two. Lost out on millions in regards to Donnarumma & Hakan last season & this upcoming summer with Kessie & Romagnoli.

If he was this smart he would have accepted Atletico proposal last summer. But commisso is a juventino and no matter what he says his action indicates that juventus has first option on any player wearing fiorentina shirt.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How the fuck does this make you feel better?

If someone's shoving an avocado up your ass....do you think "Hey at least I'm not getting a pineapple pushed in that guy's FUCKED! :lol: ?"

Or do you think "I'M GETTING AN AVOCADO UP MY ASS!!"

There's such a bizarre competition for "who has it worse" among the QPaolo posters. It gets worse when you consider that all of these clubs that Sam and BRK and co are laughing at have had far more success than us in the last decade.
I don't care about Barca
Someone implied that having massive losses is fine and we should do the same, so I replied

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
And those same clubs while posting losses splash on new players. And if that's not enough, they were literally less than a year ago in an open war with Uefa. Ridiculous

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Why do some people act like we have an Abramovich type of owner that's willing to spend?

Why do some people act like FFP doesn't exists and we weren't thrown out of Europe the last time we overspent?

Why do some people think we have a revenue that allows us to spend money?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
People keep talking about positive trajectory... fact is, we have made zero improvements to the squad in the past 12 months. I don’t count fodder depth like Oli, FBT, Messias, Baka etc as “depth”, same as having laxalt Samu Meier etc

I understand the need for patience, but by being cheap Elliott is seriously risking the chances for a top 4. And it’s not like an investment now would be wasted
Exactly

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last time we discussed this you were saying their new sponsorship deals were going to be less. They lost Messi and tons of money and still managed to get more for their shirt deals.

Please don't discuss finances again. You have no clue what you're talking about.
Their sponsorship deals were less. With Rakuten it went from 55m to 30m. Learn to read, it'll help.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I said it yesterday, do your bit. Go fundraise some money and send it to Maldini so he can buy players!!!
Habibi you too saw my answer yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule