The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday the official handover of Milan arrived, from Elliott to the RedBird fund. The new owner Gerry Cardinale introduced himself yesterday and also hinted at some goals that go beyond those linked to the Rossoneri club. The RedBird manager has in fact met the CEO of Serie A, Luigi De Siervo, confirming the desire to also affect the overall development of the league. (La Stampa)
Like music to my ears.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
imagine rating this bum:lol:'disrespecful' as one certain user would say

Stfu

np-kwm.gif

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zaniolo is a very raw talent. If there is a place where he could explode, its with us. We are great for that.
Injuries and price are a bit of a risk, but who cares.
This. I’m on board if the price is right

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Paolo, where is Origi? It's 02.06 and still we have nothing. #MaldiniOut

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TL'd:

The RedBird era at Milan has now begun and the Via Aldo Rossi club is about to greet a new step in its history. After the signing of the definitive agreement for the acquisition by RedBird of the Rossoneri club (the so-called signing ) between the US company of Gerald "Gerry" Cardinale and the Elliott fund, the transfer to the new ownership will take place during the summer, with the closing expected by September 2022 and an evaluation of Milan in the transaction equal to 1.2 billion.

How will the operation that will bring the Rossoneri club into RedBird's hands be structured? According to what was learned by Calcio e Finanza from financial sources, Cardinale's US company will not receive funding from banks to complete the acquisition (JpMorgan, together with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, acted only as Elliott's advisor for the transaction. ).

Instead, according to what has been learned, there will be a vendor loan , that is a loan granted by the seller (in this case the fund led by Paul Singer) to the buyer, or RedBird. This is a not uncommon practice in the world of finance in the operations of company acquisitions. And in the specific case, the funding should be between 200 and 300 million euros. In essence, therefore, it would be more than anything else a form of delayed payment granted by Elliott regarding a part of the agreed amount for the purchase of the club.

Another important detail is also the interest rate at which this vendor loan will be granted. According to what has been learned, it should be equal to about 6/7%. A level of cost of money that falls within the dynamics of the market: think for example of financial transactions linked to other Italian football clubs, such as in the case of Merda, whose bond is now trading at a rate of around 9%. It is therefore normal for a company that is in a better debt-financial position, therefore to have a lower credit risk and that this premium can be substantiated in a discount equal to about 2-300 basis points (i.e. 2-3%) .

Furthermore, a sort of bonus for the Elliott fund (less than 6%) is also foreseen within the operation in the event that RedBird were to resell Milan at a higher price than what the club was paid today: a percentage on the resale that Elliott will then be able to collect but only in the event that the amount of the new sale is higher than the valuation of 1.2 billion in the Elliott-RedBird deal.

We still at 0 external debts baybeee.
View attachment 5499
Redbird 2 - 0 patosheva

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Player of the Season: Rafa Leao
Goal of the Season: Theo Atalanta
Most Improved Player: Rafa Leao
Greatest Signing: Mike Maignan
Best Moment: Tonali goal against Lazio
---

I doubt that there will be anyone with a list that's too different from this one. I think most of us will end up with the same list, right?
I would say Tonali would be a strong candidate for most improved player. He looked clueless and lost the first season he was here. Completely different player this season.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Zaniolo is high risk high reward gamble, I'm willing to play.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I would say Tonali would be a strong candidate for most improved player. He looked clueless and lost the first season he was here. Completely different player this season.
Tonali has improved mentally , he was just too shy in the beginning. I wouldn't count that improvement as a player, he was pretty decent before that as well. Leao sounds right.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
We shouldn't go for totti, too many yellow cards.

Flashback to Pigeon in the late 90s

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Player of the Season: Rafa Leao
Goal of the Season: Theo Atalanta
Most Improved Player: Rafa Leao
Greatest Signing: Mike Maignan
Best Moment: Tonali goal against Lazio
---

I doubt that there will be anyone with a list that's too different from this one. I think most of us will end up with the same list, right?

Kalulu as MIP.

Went from back up RB/utility player to basically being Tomori best partner. And helped a somewhat dodgy defence prior to that to keeping 9 clean sheets out of 11 to finish out the season.

Best moment Big Sexy Shang Tsunging the derby.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So, in essence, all the Interisti celebrating yesterday about the allleged 15% interest rate, bank loans etc. were wrong.

Who’d have thunk it?
Only fool can think that Scaroni is an idiot, and that he would sell something to a fraud.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday the official handover of Milan arrived, from Elliott to the RedBird fund. The new owner Gerry Cardinale introduced himself yesterday and also hinted at some goals that go beyond those linked to the Rossoneri club. The RedBird manager has in fact met the CEO of Serie A, Luigi De Siervo, confirming the desire to also affect the overall development of the league. (La Stampa)
Basically told Serie A officials not to fuck us over like last season (where we still won) or else he will send @Congo Powers to his house.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I like Zaniolo. Probably the only Italian forward/winger I would take. Long term solution for the weakest spot on our team. The only downside is his history with injuries.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Both similar level to me. But I think Leao’s potential is significantly higher. Vini is probably more clinical at this stage, but he doesn’t strike as being as special as Rafa
Leao ceiling is higher but Vini is doing insane numbers at higher stages & he is even younger.
Can Leao be better ? Sure.
Will he do it ? Up to him.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
People are comparing Alexis and Zaniolo?!
They're nothing alike. Much taller and stronger, and a way way higher ceiling

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Jump on Bremer. Defender of the year in Serie A, knows the league, and denies Inter a great CB. :D I'm sure he can adapt to our way of playing a 4 man defence.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Jump on Bremer. Defender of the year in Serie A, knows the league, and denies Inter a great CB. :D I'm sure he can adapt to our way of playing a 4 man defence.
but botman has been waiting for maldini the whole season :(

• Frown
Reactions: Ryo

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Imagine writing off a 22YO...I guess it must be the same guys who were shitting on Tonali last season only to eat humble pie this year :lol::fp:

Also, I don't want to hear shit about his 'productivity'...8g/9a in 42 games aka a goal/assist every 169 mins this season (including the European cup final) is actually VERY GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.