The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Time to lower our expectation then :

Origi
Leao - Dybala/Adli - Ziyech
Enzo
/Bennie - Pobega/Tonali
Theo - Ndicka - Tomori - Kalulu
Maignan

Hmm...not too bad 🤔

We're only buy two players yet the jump in quality would be tremendous

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I’m on the Dybala hype Train now just like @Kojak

We could do worse than getting him at sub 6m net
Lol welcome to the dark side. However, if you watch both Dybala and Brahim play, you can't tell me that Paulo isn't what MMM hoped Diaz would evolve into in terms of dribbling, creativity and finishing. The same goes for James who we were strongly linked to last summer. Also, we've been struggling in the AM spot for YEARS and Dybala is a Serie A proven player who guarantees goals/assists/opportunities even during a BAD season e.g. he had 21g/a in all competitions this season despite missing 16 games due to injury. Therefore, the signing makes sense on every level especially considering the fact that he's a 'champion' and able to cover MULTIPLE positions i.e. CF/SS/AM/RW which are both traits that MMM love. Lastly, everybody seems to have a raging hard-on for CDK @ AM despite him playing the majority of his career @ CF yet consider Dybala an unsuitable fit given that he's played mostly @ SS. Talk about double standards from forum virgins :lol::fp:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:lol: definition of butthurt. Did he just shit on noobzaghi. Great atmosphere at Inter. I'm sure with Henrikh joining it will be even better

"The support of the fans also helps me a lot. I played at AC Milan for four years, but no one shouted my name from the stands, something that happens every time I do pre-match warm-ups with Inter."

This man lives in total denial. He's been mocked and trolled by Interfans for years when he was our player (Ciapaloghlu, which is an Italian word creation and kinda means tripping Calhanoglu). The only reason they cheer now for him is because Interfans know how much Milanfans hate him and how easily we get triggered by him, especially since the derby. That's not love, my dear Hakan.

Well, ignorance truly is bliss.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Maldini and Massara at vacation until the end of contract? How is that even possible?

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
… Dybala is not low cost.

Quick, over a 5 year period, who would cost more? Dybala for free or CDK at 40m?
Dybala with 3 year period. We can pay him 5.5-6M per season. Milan surley can afford 2-3 players with wages above 5M

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Enzo is gone..and Benfica made one hell of a deal..they paid 10 mil fixed + 8 mil bonuses

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just for the record, as of twenty-second of June, in the year of 2022, the bookmakers have Inter and Juve ahead of our beloved Milan in the odds for who will win Serie A next year.

I've given up waiting for @stevan to finally admit he was wrong, so here's where he got his data from, that he said was preseason and from July:

UPDATE: SERIE A WINNER ODDS 2021/22 NOVEMBER 8TH 2021​

With Matchday 12 of Serie A out of the way, it’s time to take a look back at how the top teams have performed and their odds to win Serie A.

Juventus are completely out of the title race due to their recent drop in form. Their odds have recently increased from 4.50 to 10.00 (Bet365). They have won just 2 of their last 5 matches, and are currently 8th in the Serie A standings. Juventus are averaging just 1.33 goals scored and 1.25 conceded per match.

Inter Milan are now 4th in line to lift the Serie A trophy again, and their odds have recently jumped from 3.00 to 4.00 (Bet365). After an excellent start to the season, their form has dropped in recent weeks, and they have won just 2 of their last 5 matches.

Atalanta are still a top-5 contender, but their odds to win Serie A have increased from12.00 to 14.00 (Unibet). They have had a solid start to the season and Gian Piero Gasparini is looking to drive this team to the Serie A trophy. They have won 3 of their last 5 matches, and are averaging 1.83 goals scored and 1.25 conceded per match.

After an impressive start to the season, Roma experienced a drop in form, and their odds to win Serie A recently increased from 11.00 to 51.00 (Bet365). They have lost 3 of their last 5 matches, and are currently 6th in the Serie A standings.

Napoli’s odds to win the league have significantly shortened, going from 12.00 to 3.75 in October, and are now as short as 2.50(Unibet). They have enjoyed an excellent start to the season, and are now sitting atop the Serie A standing swith 32 points. Napoli are averaging 2.00 goals scored and 0.33 goals conceded per match.

AC Milan are another team looking to make a run for the title this year, and their impressive start to the season forced their odds to shorten from 13.00 to just 6.00 (Bet365). They are now available at 3.40 odds to go all the way. Ac Milan have won 4 of their last 5 matches, and are undefeated since the start of the season.

Original article with updated odds below:

CURRENT SERIE A WINNER ODDS​

Team NameBET365PADDY POWERWILLIAM HILLBETFAIRUNIBET
Napoli2.752.52.752.502.50
AC Milan3.403.603.753.603.50
Inter Milan4.003.753.753.753.75
Juventus10.0020.0011.0020.0012.00
Atalanta10.0015.0012.0015.0014.00
Roma51.0056.0034.0056.0041.00
Lazio51.0056.0041.0056.0041.00
Fiorentina101.00501.0067.00501.00151.00
Udinese751.00501.00501.00501.001001.00
Bologna1001.00501.00751.00501.001001.00
Verona501.00501.00501.00501.001001.00
Empoli1001.00501.001001.001001.002001.00
Sampdoria1001.00501.001001.00501.002001.00
Sassuolo501.00501.00501.00501.001001.00
Spezia2001.00501.00751.001501.003001.00
Salernitana3001.00501.002501.002501.004501.00
Cagliari2001.00501.002501.00501.004501.00
Genoa1501.00501.001501.001501.004501.00
Venezia3001.00501.002501.002501.004501.00
Torino751.00501.001001.001001.001001.00
Serie A Winner Odds as at 8th November 2021. Odds may now differ

This is from BettingExpert, but their site is down but here's a link to a google cached version. It clearly says it's an update from 8th November, after Matchday 12. It is very indicative of how reliable he is to copy and paste this into our discussion as proof that Milan were favorites, without even considering how the fuck Juve and Inter (who were Champions) are suddenly below Napoli and Milan. Just using a single braincell to challenge these numbers you'd figure out something was wrong. But no, he responded "It's from July 2021" when I told him it looks like bullshit.
July, before the start of the season.
Then complete silence when asked again and again to show me where he got his numbers from. I really think this is a stupid point, and I feel silly even bringing it up, but I just don't understand why people find it really hard sometimes to just admit that they fucked up. Why is it so hard? Everybody makes mistakes, just say 'oh, I thought it was from the start of the season, I didn't notice it was from November'. I don't know, some people are just weird I guess.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I don't think even CDK knows which position he's best at, so it's weird saying he's a CF that's uncomfortable anywhere else. That's probably his biggest thing, this versatility.

I didn't say Dybala isn't experienced or can't offer us anything. Of course he's a great player. I have doubts about his availability, his fit for our playstyle and his enormous wages that are out of our current limits.

CDK has a really high upside. We proved with our scouting that when we get it right we can have players that can do great job in the present while also increasing their value almost two or three fold within a few years. That's the game we're playing now, we're not looking for players that can give us a big jump now at the expense of future growth. We don't need 'winners' anymore, we have a team full of winners. We need players to come in and take over long term in the positions where we're weak (AM, RW, CF).
I like CDK and think that he has top player potential so certainly don't mind if MMM decide to sign him. I trust their judgement. However, it's funny how bruh's overlook his sizeable cost and unfamiliarity with the AM/RW positions but don't hesitate to denigrate Dybala for the exact same reasons. Talk about double standards! Also, Dybala actually produced great numbers this season (21g/a) DESPITE missing 16 games due to injury and ranks amongst the top percentile for tackles + interceptions in his position (higher than Brahim) so certainly isn't a passenger defensively.

Anyway, we'll see who we end up with this summer but let's just be grateful that we're being linked to TWO GREAT players/prospects unlike the past.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
so Puma just presented the new serie a ball (after lega switched ball sponsor from nike to puma this year) and guess who's the guy presenting it? :proud:

FV7FUkiXkAAPHg0

FV7FUCzWIAYF42s

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Buy sanchez, cdk, dybala, origi and young cb and ourvattack has become 50% better then last year! And last year that was our problem.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dybala with 3 year period. We can pay him 5.5-6M per season. Milan surley can afford 2-3 players with wages above 5M
Ok, Dybala on 3 years that's 6m net, or around 11.2m gross in squad costs, plus agent fees at least 6m, that's another 2m a year, so over 3 years Dybala has cost us around around 40m.

I'd rather spend that 40m on someone like CDK who would at least have some resale value and will cost us around 11m a year in squad costs.

Of course Milan can afford 5m or more. We're about to pay Leao that. It's just that I don't think Dybala is worth 5m, in the same way Renato is not worth 5m. They're both injury prone. At least Renato fits with our age profile and with our playstyle.

Too many risks about Dybala that make it really not worth paying him more than around 3m or 4m. There's a lot of better options out there for what you'll end up paying. Dybala for free sounds enticing, but it's really not.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
It just feels like we've been here before doesn't it? With Kessie, Hakan and Donna. I'm very worried Leonardo is available
If RedBird kicks out Maldini because they can't spend 30-40 million signings, then don't be worried about Leonardo.. that guy is a money drain and the last person to be in charge of a Moneyball management.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Origi Free
Dybala Free
Correa 40M (pressing machine)
Sanches 20M
Ndicka 20M

TOTAL 80M

50M mercato budget plus Hauge 10M, Paqueta 7.5M, Messias 5M + Pessina 3M = 75.5M.

That's a VERY FUCKING DOABLE mercato and would improve the team tenfold!

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
According to Gazzetta Inter didn't like Calhanoglu's interview and hadn't reported it, so he could be fined.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahaha fucking idiot gets what he deserves

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Gazzetta Inter didn't like Calhanoglu's interview and hadn't reported it, so he could be fined.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Who on earth greenlights a 40 minute interview. I'm sure Hakan didn't even ask for editorial control over the interview. He just sat down and vomited shit and carried on with his day. He always ends up doing weird shit when he's back in Turkey. But blaming Inzaghi for the derby loss? Wow.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
I've given up waiting for @stevan to finally admit he was wrong, so here's where he got his data from, that he said was preseason and from July:

This is from BettingExpert, but their site is down but here's a link to a google cached version. It clearly says it's an update from 8th November, after Matchday 12. It is very indicative of how reliable he is to copy and paste this into our discussion as proof that Milan were favorites, without even considering how the fuck Juve and Inter (who were Champions) are suddenly below Napoli and Milan. Just using a single braincell to challenge these numbers you'd figure out something was wrong. But no, he responded "It's from July 2021" when I told him it looks like bullshit.

Then complete silence when asked again and again to show me where he got his numbers from. I really think this is a stupid point, and I feel silly even bringing it up, but I just don't understand why people find it really hard sometimes to just admit that they fucked up. Why is it so hard? Everybody makes mistakes, just say 'oh, I thought it was from the start of the season, I didn't notice it was from November'. I don't know, some people are just weird I guess.
That is how you lead a comfortable life.
Why are you so poor, brk?:D

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like CDK and think that he has top player potential so certainly don't mind if MMM decide to sign him. I trust their judgement. However, it's funny how bruh's overlook his sizeable cost and unfamiliarity with the AM/RW positions but don't hesitate to denigrate Dybala for the exact same reasons. Talk about double standards! Also, Dybala actually produced great numbers this season (21g/a) DESPITE missing 16 games due to injury and ranks amongst the top percentile for tackles + interceptions in his position (higher than Brahim) so certainly isn't a passenger defensively.

Anyway, we'll see who we end up with this summer but let's just be grateful that we're being linked to TWO GREAT players/prospects unlike the past.
But CDK has played at AM and on the wings! I mean, @CDK is right here with us and he said that although he thinks AM is his best position, he can play RW and CF just as well. He's a very versatile player and moves around the pitch a lot when in possession, looking for space. He's not a typical CF.

To compare Dybala with Brahim for defensive output misses the point that we let go of Brahim as a starter for that reason alone. We realized we needed a more robust player in that position.

Brahim:
1655974595990.png

Dybala:
1655974624710.png

Also seems like Dybala isn't better at it than Brahim anyway. Even though Juve plays more defensively than we do, although they don't press as much.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ok, Dybala on 3 years that's 6m net, or around 11.2m gross in squad costs, plus agent fees at least 6m, that's another 2m a year, so over 3 years Dybala has cost us around around 40m.

I'd rather spend that 40m on someone like CDK who would at least have some resale value and will cost us around 11m a year in squad costs.

Of course Milan can afford 5m or more. We're about to pay Leao that. It's just that I don't think Dybala is worth 5m, in the same way Renato is not worth 5m. They're both injury prone. At least Renato fits with our age profile and with our playstyle.

Too many risks about Dybala that make it really not worth paying him more than around 3m or 4m. There's a lot of better options out there for what you'll end up paying. Dybala for free sounds enticing, but it's really not.
Bro, I don't give a fuck about resale value. Get us good players that can contribute and win for us. I don't give a shit about resale and things like that. Keep the best players, sale those like Castillejo. We are fucking Milan, not Genoa.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bro, I don't give a fuck about resale value. Get us good players that can contribute and win for us. I don't give a shit about resale and things like that. Keep the best players, sale those like Castillejo. We are fucking Milan, not Genoa.
Resale value is an indication of how good the player is at that point. If CDK ends up having good resale value (after we pay close to 40m for him) then that means he's worth 60 or 70m at least. It's not investing in players simply for the sake of profit, it's investing in players that have room to grow and become champions. Spending 15m or less on a player it's doubtful you'll find anyone ready to play right away. Kalulu is an exception, and even he took around a year to find his moment. Adli might take time. But spending 30 or 40m on a player like Botman or CDK means our scouts think they can perform right away, while also having room to grow into superstars.

We can't really buy superstars now, and don't even want to. The market is too crazy at the top. The only chance for us to win the CL is to make our own superstars. Dybala is NOT a superstar, at least not if you put him in our team. He doesn't make the team play better, even if he ends up being the best player. A player like CDK works with our specific system, the one we've been building and adapting and perfecting for almost 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule