Milan Legend
Reaction score
It would be great if that happened again but with

Milan 4-0 City in UCL final.
A-the-cat-behind-the-curtain-soon-meme.jpg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how long Milan can keep operating like this. At a certain point, it will be way too difficult to keep costs this low and sales will be necessary

Hopefully, Gazidis keeps shitting out sponsorships or there's a magical stadium overnight so that doesn't need to happen
Atletico's revenue is around 340m, so, frankly speaking, I don't think we are being stretched, at all, and they own their own stadium.

We are projected to be at 360m in 2023, without a stadium.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just want to say this, given the premise (Italian champions, first tier in Champions League group stage, increased revenues, alleviation of squad costs with the departures of useless players like Castillejo, Romagnoli and more), for me the 2022 market has been the most disappointing in my entire life since I have been following Milan.
I'm sorry.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
I wonder how long Milan can keep operating like this. At a certain point, it will be way too difficult to keep costs this low and sales will be necessary

Hopefully, Gazidis keeps shitting out sponsorships or there's a magical stadium overnight so that doesn't need to happen
Not to be a downer but ain't Gazidis leaving in November?

Lorenzo99

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao, Ibrahimovic, Maignan, Zdenek Zeman
I'm sorry.
I hope we can get some good players before the end of this transfer market, but it's undeniable that 2022 market has been extremely disappointing.
Only Lazetic on January and only Origi for free and De Ketelaere after 2 months of negotiations with Brugges, I don't count Adli and Pobega because we signed Adli during last year market and Pobega was on loan.
We lost Kessie and we still didn't replace him.
To be honest our market was the most disappointing among all the big teams in Serie A, even worse than Napoli.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
So the midfielder from the Danish league is too expensive. I find that impossible to believe...
How come Chelsea got the rich American who wants to compete and we get stuck with gerry

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
mkhitaryan out with a strain injury for 2-3 weeks..watch them merda cunts cry how they're unlucky with injuries this season :lol:
all is going to plan

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
I hope we can get some good players before the end of this transfer market, but it's undeniable that 2022 market has been extremely disappointing.
Only Lazetic on January and only Origi for free and De Ketelaere after 2 months of negotiations with Brugges, I don't count Adli and Pobega because we signed Adli during last year market and Pobega was on loan.
To be honest our market was the most disappointing among all the big teams in Serie A, even worse than Napoli.
Our attack is stronger obviously but midfield is light and needs one more starting caliber player.
I mentioned complacency whenever Milan wins something major. 2011 we did nothing to improve the squad, just resigned the oldies. Same in 2007. I don't like this mentality....look at real Madrid. They won another cl and tried to sign Mbappe and that mid from Monaco???

Lorenzo99

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao, Ibrahimovic, Maignan, Zdenek Zeman
Our attack is stronger obviously but midfield is light and needs one more starting caliber player.
I mentioned complacency whenever Milan wins something major. 2011 we did nothing to improve the squad, just resigned the oldies. Same in 2007. I don't like this mentality....look at real Madrid. They won another cl and tried to sign Mbappe and that mid from Monaco???
To be honest i dont like our right wings, playing 1 more season with Messias and Saelemakers it will suck, I hope for Ziyech but it's not going to happen with this current management.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we need a backup CM and backup CB. I would like a RW, even if my suspicion is that we will field a lineup of Leao, Adli, and CDK behind our striker, and all of them will be floating around switching positions. Maybe that's why I'm less stressed about the RW.

I do not think Kessie is this massive loss. This nostalgia for Kessie is weird for me, especially if you're going to go down this road of "oh Adli and Pobega don't count." Okay, they don't count. So why don't we see Kessie for what he was?

Subbing off Kessie and bringing on... Brahim was the catalyst for us beating Inter in the derby. Kessie is supposed to be this "defensive lock!" but he can't shut down Brozovic? Shit, Krunic did an amazing job of shutting down Brozovic. Our Coppa Italian semi first leg, with Krunic, we played great, just couldn't finish. In the second leg, we got beat 3-0 (with a great goal disallowed conveniently at 2-1 when we were pushing) but Kessie's defensive strength that everyone is crying over was no where to be found.

If you want to be pessimistic, be pessimistic, enjoy. But if you're going to talk about "two months with Brugge" (it wasn't 2 months btw) and if you want to say "oh Origi for free" then don't count other clubs' free transfers (like Pogba, Di Maria, Mkhi [who are all injured btw])--then apply that same energy towards evaluating what sort of loss Kessie was.

If we're talking 20/21 Kessie, then yes, that Kessie would be a huge loss. But that's not who we lost.

I wanted Renato, and PSG beat us to him because the director and manager who resurrected his career took over PSG. Oh, and they paid him 6m, which would be insane to pay someone who gets injured that much, and I'm saying that as someone who loved Renato.

As far as who I would want for CM now? I dunno. Enzo would have been nice, but I really didn't have my eyes peeled on anyone. Frattesi on a loan+option would be a good shout, since we need Italians, but Sassuolo's demands sound absurd. I would have loved Asllani but Inter got him, but then I found out he's an Albanian who cheers on Inter? I didn't know that was allowed in Albania. However, I don't get how someone can want Onana from Bordeaux or Onyedika, but then act like Pobega isn't a good option? Makes no sense to me.

Diallo is my first choice for our CB, I prefer him over Ndicka. I don't like defenders from back-threes. Ziyech would be nice.

We'll see what happens at the end of the market. It's a weird market, I think you're pulling the sadness trigger too early.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So our initial offer to Bennacer was apparently for 3m and he's requesting 3.5m? Reports are that both sides want to work towards a renewal and that neither side looks at it as a pressing issue?

Wow. So, like... maybe... the renewals... aren't... a... problem?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Was watching the game with some friends. They hadn't heard of any of our players except Leao. I told them that if this team can stay intact and develop while having some quality added to it, it could win the CL in 2-3 years time.

They all laughed at me. I told them if a group of young players you never heard of won the Italian league, why not the CL if they keep their trajectory? Anyway, I have some reminding to do in 2-3 years.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I remember Messi dummied a pass to let another attacker shoot and the announcer had an orgasm on air.

I hate how Maradona's goal against England, in the world cup, set to the backdrop of war between the two nations, is compared to Messi doing the same shit to... Getafe in a random league match.

Same with CR7, they make up these bullshit stats. "Most goals in the first six Tuesdays of February, no one has ever done that before!!!!!"

They try and force moments to be iconic, all these broadcasters and media people, and the brands too. Adidas, Nike, all of them, they just feed into this, because they want sales.

Messi scored this old man bicycle kick and we have to applaud him? For fucking what? Ooo Mbappe scored 3 goals against a French team that was established in 2008, wowwwwwwwww.

And Messi and CR7 fans annoy me, Pessi and Penaldo, like, these are grown ass men. I find the fawning over players repugnant, with a club, at least there's an institution, it stands for something. And then they talk about stats... in football?

Bro, I'm going to latch onto Haaland or Mbappe when they outscore Messi or CR7 just to piss off their fans.

Same. My "Get off my lawn" sign has a neon background as well :proud:

The thing that I realize a lot of people don't even consider the inflatory nature of goals themselves. By that I mean....I have seen Messi and CR7 fail on the biggest stages....but right after put some shit team to the sword and get praised for it. But anyone with a brain would tell you that ONE goal/assist in a knockout match was worth more than five vs Eibar or Osasuna etc the following weekend.

But modern media doesn't treat it that way. The headlines are always "Magical Messi downs a stubborn Levanter" and ditto for CR7. They have already started to do this with Haaland and Mbappe. Sometimes it makes you wonder if anything is real at all (peace be upon my tinfoil hat :o)

It was never like that to my recollection when something like that happened with Batistuta, Ronaldo, Shevchenko etc. I guess those guys fell on the wrong side of the social media hype train. Nevertheless I would even take it a step further and say that the structure of a player's motivations were different. They played with different objectives

Romario wanted to play Carnival in Brazil. So he made a deal with the coach that if he scored two goals vs Madrid, that he could go. He did and he went.

R9 scored a hattrick vs United. The game was won and he came off.

In both these situations, the likes of CR7 and Messi would have kept going...if only to score one more.... because one more goal, one more assist, one more fancy move would add to the tally....to the "proof" that they are the best. And this subtle difference accounts for a lot.

I think the past generation was also more humble and down-to-earth (in general) if you listen to R9, Maldini Van Basten, Zidane etc....they are quicker to praise their peers than themselves. Then on the flip side you have Messi who poses with actual goats and CR7 who runs an entire beauty industry on himself 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have said all of the above, making a Sam length post without even mentioning the tremendous advantages, particularly Messi was given en route to his becoming the best. Safe to say nobody else was caught up in such a storm of football conveniences. In athletics they acknowledge the assistance you receive from the environment. There's almost no way to do that in football....even if the guy who served you your first goal on a silver platter is Ronaldinho himself and the players you assist are Neymar and Mbappe

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We could have closed Sanches for 15 million but ultimately decided not to go past a 12 million offer. Then PSG emerged and offered him 6 million net when he had accepted our 3 million net.

We shouldn’t be losing players for 3 million. If Sanches was going to be an ok signing rather than a hit it makes little difference if we paid 12 million or 15 million.

Our managements penny pinching concerns me a lot (not particularly around Sanches but in general. Don’t tell me Sanches is worth 12 million but never worth 15 million. This is pure penny pinching.)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I'm constantly worried about our gems. I want that fucking cunt Leao extended ASAP.
I think his court case is, by far the biggest reason why he hasn't extended yet, once it is concluded, then I'll start stressing.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We could have closed Sanches for 15 million but ultimately decided not to go past a 12 million offer. Then PSG emerged and offered him 6 million net when he had accepted our 3 million net.

We shouldn’t be losing players for 3 million. If Sanches was going to be an ok signing rather than a hit it makes little difference if we paid 12 million or 15 million.

Our managements penny pinching concerns me a lot (not particularly around Sanches but in general. Don’t tell me Sanches is worth 12 million but never worth 15 million. This is pure penny pinching.)
...you think we lost Renato because we didn't want to pay Lille 3 million more? Seriously?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
...you think we lost Renato because we didn't want to pay Lille 3 million more? Seriously?
No, we lost him because he's Portuguese and not French so it was vetoed. Same reason Leao isn't renewing, because Maldini won't let him.

Fake French players having been in Ligue 1 :head:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule