The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

crazymilangirl 18-07-2007 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by snn
You've all missed the fun cos you weren't here when she was a mod. That era was the "Great Depression" of R&B Forums. :D

bwahahhahaa lol, those were the days...

takahan: how can the moderators help the forumers? i think they are doing a decent job, just that we sometimes need more of them.


and one more thing i hope the admins are aware of...some stirrs up a discussion and then plays the victim and reports the other users posts and i hope the admin etc knows the whole case etc before sending out a warning or a 2 weeks ban...If they can somehow see which thread the particular post was posted in and read the whole discussion/argument then that would be great..
I have a feeling that that might be why drucurl and p_maldini_3 got banned....i might be wrong and i think its a 20% chance that this theory is right and 80% chance its wrong but atleast give it a thought.
Cause to be honest, *playing* the victim is not my cup of tea, whatever happens in public should stay in public (lol) and thats what i do. If i happen to have a "heated discussion" with someone then i cant be bothered reporting each and every insulting post...so just need a " yea, we'll check it before sending out a warning" and it is really not THAT much to ask for when we have 4+ mods and "experienced" mods....:D (im not sucking up to the mods..that aint my job either)

Be aware of the trap guys..lol xD cant believe all this is going on on a message board! but hey, its summer right? ..LOL

1 f***ing emo

drucurl 07-08-2007 12:37

more smilies please :D

Kuzimoto 15-08-2007 17:58

i suggest to rewrite that thing,called "Fav.Players" to "Favorite Milan Players"

like other forums do.

cos' it really shouldn't interesting any of us,when some guy writes:Van Persie or Malouda, Gerrard,Drogba or anyone else.

this is a Milan forum-we all shall respect it.

i think there could be a place for other players inside the profile box or so.

Marcus 15-08-2007 18:26

Well, I think that it's better as it is, as sometimes the favourite players give away that members attitude towards football, and more of his personal preferences.

Az. 15-08-2007 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuzimoto
i suggest to rewrite that thing,called "Fav.Players" to "Favorite Milan Players"

like other forums do.

cos' it really shouldn't interesting any of us,when some guy writes:Van Persie or Malouda, Gerrard,Drogba or anyone else.

this is a Milan forum-we all shall respect it.

i think there could be a place for other players inside the profile box or so.


Funny that u got pele and maradona in yours .

Kuzimoto 15-08-2007 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az.
Funny that u got pele and maradona in yours .


but of course it's funny,cos' the options are allowing that.

and also pele and maradona is no longer a players,you know-they more like an icons,the living legends.

so let's say if you like Eusebio-go ahead write it. ;)

Beemer 16-08-2007 07:10

I think it's fine the way it is. Not all my favorite players are just Milanisti.

Sasha 16-08-2007 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
I think it's fine the way it is. Not all my favorite players are just Milanisti.

You have favorite players? :D

Az. 16-08-2007 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuzimoto
but of course it's funny,cos' the options are allowing that.

and also pele and maradona is no longer a players,you know-they more like an icons,the living legends.

so let's say if you like Eusebio-go ahead write it. ;)


But u see as bmw said not all the players are from milan,so 99% of the people here like other players that don`t play for milan so what you want is never gonna be applied .And i don`t agree whit you either:)

David 16-08-2007 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuzimoto
but of course it's funny,cos' the options are allowing that.

What stops you from adding only Milan players though, Kuzimoto?

Jasper 16-08-2007 14:30

I have a suggestion that as a rule would probably cause too much work and controversy but would be a great addition if senior members would step up. We all know that topics often get offtopic and in many times you are not interested in reading those posts. So my suggestion is that the person who goes offtopic would step up and start the post or the section which is not that relevant with simple abbreviation OT. Like a warning or something. Saw this being used in 2+2 forums and I think it's a great idea. I will sure do my best to use it.

Marcus 16-08-2007 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
I have a suggestion that as a rule would probably cause too much work and controversy but would be a great addition if senior members would step up. We all know that topics often get offtopic and in many times you are not interested in reading those posts. So my suggestion is that the person who goes offtopic would step up and start the post or the section which is not that relevant with simple abbreviation OT. Like a warning or something. Saw this being used in 2+2 forums and I think it's a great idea. I will sure do my best to use it.

Good idea Jasper, I am already kinda following that rule, at least a variation of it.
When a thread goes offtopic i usually reply to the offtopic discussion already going on and then something like "anyway back to topic...". It has happened quite often to me to post like this, so yeah, your idea is far better, so I support it, though it will be difficult for everyone to do that everytime.

Milanista10 16-08-2007 19:24

^^ he said senoir members, so people like wild,san paolo, bmwtaylor etc.
people like you and i haven't been around that long. you, less than a year, and myself only a year and a half, just to make a point

Matmil04 16-08-2007 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milanista10
^^ he said senoir members, so people like wild,san paolo, bmwtaylor etc.
people like you and i haven't been around that long. you, less than a year, and myself only a year and a half, just to make a point

He also said "the person who goes offtopic ". Beside if everybody agrees i dont see why anyone of us cant follow the rule

radioactivenerd 16-08-2007 20:02

"senior members" is too generic a classification, and i dont think anyone is going to accept the authority of someone given a casual right of that sort.

Jasper 17-08-2007 03:18

By senior members I meant posters who are here regularly and can pave the way and thought that newbies most probably wouldn't find their way to this topic. Anyway it's not going to be a rule, more like a exemplary behavior, so we'll see who use it.

And to Marcus my point is a bit different. "...anyway back to the topic..." is something you cannot see that easily, so you would need to read all of the post. OT could be detected right away so you can avoid reading topics that doesn't that waste your time. For example the Beckham discussion in Juve match thread or the Barry Bonds discussion in random thread(nothing personal Beemer :D those just popped to my head the first)

Better yet make it OT brackets [OT]offtopic post[/OT].

So looking forward to see you use it no matter how long you've been here:)

Kuzimoto 17-08-2007 15:55

interesting propsititon,Jasper.

Milanista10 17-08-2007 16:54

yep, I'm all for the bracket idea..nice idea jasper

PRIYO 18-08-2007 12:07

Why don't we just use the spoiler thingy when talking OT?

Az. 18-08-2007 12:11

If people want to stop off topic posts they should not reply to the posts that are off topic,it`s just that simple.

But anyway a little off topic never did hurt anybody:)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:33.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.