The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Ashish 21-09-2011 05:28

whats the racist term for latin people?

sushanmilano 21-09-2011 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4milan (Post 1107516)
This. At one point or another you have to be really careful with the words you use cause you have no idea who you're hurting and who's sensitive to certain comments (I don't care if get called PC bitch, I rather be that than an intolerant idiot, freedom of speech is not about saying everything that comes out of your mouth, it's about respecting others too).

Calling someone monkey regardless of their race is stupid, it shouldn't ever be done, it carries on different connotations to anyone (trust me, even if the last thing that crosses your mind is that you're making a racial slur, it can still be offensive to someone else), and truthfully, I see no point in making a comment like that in any context.

For the kids that think that just cause Gargano isn't black it can't be taken as a racial slur, in latinamerica calling us monkeys is offensive, that's one of the ways the spaniards and other nations have treated us, it's demeaning (guaranteed that if anyone of you said it to Gargano's face he would punch you).

I know and I'm more than sure Sage isn't aware of that (in fact I'm not even aware of the post he made, just going by what the flow is stating), and that he didn't mean it as a racial slur. But it's just something you have to be very careful and it's simply better to not even say it (perhaps a warning).

If someone found it offensive and decided to report it, I don't think there's a problem, and if mods banned him for 2 weeks is cause they realize it's something that shouldn't be said (though like Wild + M84 said, it should be something done on more regular basis, though I understand why it has been overlooked in the past, sometimes you need someone pointing it out for you to make a decision based on something more than just your impression).

I Think its a not question of why sage? its more like why ONLY sage? Fredrik and sasha have made similar remarks yet this is the first ban for using monkey. In fact fredrik called bale an ape just right after sage's ban in this very thread..:proud:

necromancer 21-09-2011 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1107458)
I hate indians :o

Me too. Particularly the monkeys in Delhi. One actually scampered up to the balcony of my apartment a month back. I threw a shoe at it, and it sped off as fast as a Napoli counter-attack.

crazy4milan 21-09-2011 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushanmilano (Post 1107546)
I Think its a not question of why sage? its more like why ONLY sage? Fredrik and sasha have made similar remarks yet this is the first ban for using monkey. In fact fredrik called bale an ape just right after sage's ban in this very thread..:proud:

Personal experience, whenever there was a discussion on religion or some post that I found offensive on religion for example), I never acted on it, cause I thought I was being oversensitive, and that since no one else was feeling offended, maybe it was all just in my head. Problem was then people started pointing it out, and of course if you ban someone, when you have let sooo many others get away with it, it looks awfully biased (it's not, it's a honest mistake I'm sure), and if you decide it's better not to ban anyone then the people that feel offended will take you for biased or insensitive towards their issue.

It's a double edge sword, and mods problem has always been the lack of consistency and zero tolerance towards certain type of comments (its obviously impossible to have it all completely controlled, but enough to not have to end up looking biased towards one side or the other), but come on many, if not most, in here are in their 20's already (or older), this type of stuff shouldn't rely just on mods but on posters too, why doom down your posts with ignorant comments when you can be quality?

Congo Powers 21-09-2011 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by akewander (Post 1107508)
@congo crimes against africans in libya, who do u think is to blame for that the libyan people or the cunt who brought mercenaries from as far away as russia to kill them.

this is in no way trying to justify what you claim but for your information their are black skinned libyans aswell.

i didnt blame anyone

:o :o :o:o :o:o

obviously there are black libyans. what is being reported? how are migrant workers being treated in libya? yes ghaddafi had black mercenaries working for him...is every black man in libya a mercenary?
i just used this example as a trivial point to portray that arabs, like the rest of humanity, are capable of racism. to think otherwise is preposterous.

i could have used many other examples instead.. darfur..mauritania...historically, zanzibar slave trade.

racism is, unfortunately, endemic to the human species. no culture is exempt. the notion that a particular culture is exempt, is, for lack of a better term, racist.

necromancer 21-09-2011 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1107557)
racism is, unfortunately, endemic to the human species. no culture is exempt.

Truth.

Ashish 21-09-2011 07:01

is it only in our species?
unlike past racism is just not good for business :o so love them all and love their money more :o

necromancer 21-09-2011 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1107562)
is it only in our species?
unlike past racism is just not good for business :o so love them all and love their money more :o

Nope, remember Ugly Duckling? Also, the little direwolf who was left behind by the pack, and who was eventually picked up by Jon Snow.

Wet Ones 21-09-2011 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1107050)
It says racist remark, and we can only presume it's the Gargano 'comment' as SM84 got so riled up by it and knowing his 'history', we can only assume he snitched.

Oh. My bad. I was looking at last post date and thought the thread hadn't been modified.

It really was for a 'racist' remark? :fp:

Ash 21-09-2011 07:10

What a bullshit decision. It's like the mods don't even bother trying to find the context of the comment before banning someone....

So now if someone just bitches to the mods, the hammer comes down? WTF?

This place has the most trigger happy mods I have ever seen in forumland. They try to act all idealistic, but end up looking dumb....

And people who say Arabs arent racist. Here's my answer - :lol: :lol: :lol:

naive_harry 21-09-2011 07:19

who is Priyanka:conf:

akewander 21-09-2011 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1107557)
i didnt blame anyone

:o :o :o:o :o:o

obviously there are black libyans. what is being reported? how are migrant workers being treated in libya? yes ghaddafi had black mercenaries working for him...is every black man in libya a mercenary?
i just used this example as a trivial point to portray that arabs, like the rest of humanity, are capable of racism. to think otherwise is preposterous.

i could have used many other examples instead.. darfur..mauritania...historically, zanzibar slave trade.

racism is, unfortunately, endemic to the human species. no culture is exempt. the notion that a particular culture is exempt, is, for lack of a better term, racist.

african migrant workers have been treated better than libyan nationals in libya under the dickheads rule, just because you read that their have been acts of viloence against them its not because they are 1- africans 2- black, its because the cunt gerdaffi brought foreign mercenaries to kill the people of libya so anytime they see an african they are suspicious,, why?? because its war, of course they are going to interogate them, secondly they have been treated quite wel,l sure some may have gotten a slap to the face but its not because he is racist (again my point)

ultimatley what im saying is that you picking libya as an example really wasnt a good one. how can libyans be racist when there are black libyans??

i still beilive in what wild says, racism by colour just doesnt exist in arab countries, ive been their. so what sage said wasnt racially motivated.

and the only people that should be blamed are the mods, when they read something that they think might be offensive to other members just delete it/modify it.

acmilan4ever 21-09-2011 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by naive_harry (Post 1107573)
who is Priyanka:conf:

Priyanka Chopra

Congo Powers 21-09-2011 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by akewander (Post 1107576)

ultimatley what im saying is that you picking libya as an example really wasnt a good one. how can libyans be racist when there are black libyans??

this is preposterous. how can arab libyans be racist? by perpetrating racist acts against black people simply because of their skin color. i will ask again.... is every black man in libya a ghaddafi mercenary? is it normal protocol to be shot in the head will ur hands are tied behind your back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akewander
i still beilive in what wild says, racism by colour just doesnt exist in arab countries

bull s.h.i.t.

necromancer 21-09-2011 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by akewander (Post 1107576)
ultimatley what im saying is that you picking libya as an example really wasnt a good one. how can libyans be racist when there are black libyans??

Racism isnt as black and white as that. India, for instance, has myriad hues of colour from one corner to the other. There exists blackest of black and whitest of white. And Indians are among the most racist of all cultures.

Everyone is inherently racist. Civilization teaches you to don layers over your inherent instincts, that help you be peaceful and productive - the more people are civilized, the more they curb their racist tendencies. And that's the case for any culture.

naive_harry 21-09-2011 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmilan4ever (Post 1107577)

oh ok yukhkhkhkhkhhk

Congo Powers 21-09-2011 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1107584)
Racism isnt as black and white as that. India, for instance, has myriad hues of colour from one corner to the other. There exists blackest of black and whitest of white. And Indians are among the most racist of all cultures.

Everyone is inherently racist. Civilization teaches you to don layers over your inherent instincts, that help you be peaceful and productive - the more people are civilized, the less they curb their racist tendencies. And that's the case for any culture.

exactly.
i grew up in a muslim country....racism was incredibly prevalent. sundanese..chinese..javenese...balinese...christia ns from maluku..ambon...etc....everyone is fucked up..everyone has shame on their face.

akewander 21-09-2011 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1107581)
this is preposterous. how can arab libyans be racist? by perpetrating racist acts against black people simply because of their skin color. i will ask again.... is every black man in libya a ghaddafi mercenary? is it normal protocol to be shot in the head will ur hands are tied behind your back?



bull s.h.i.t.

did i say every black man in libya was a hired mercenary??? no didnt think so? where did you read that black africans were shot in their head with their hands tied behind their backs, once again dont talk shit about a country you dont know shit about.

whats preposterous is you making out thats its racially motivated, its not, foreign mercenaries came and invaded their country, they fought back, white libyans fought back, black libyans fought back, libyans for al werfallah tribe. altarhouni tribe, alselmani tribe, tribes from the west to the east, tribed from bergah, tribes from the north, tribes from the south, cities all over libya fought back, why?? was it because they were black?? i didnt see the libyans fight only those who came from russia or those who came from tunisia or those who came from eastern europe, they fought every single person who came to try and supress them.

once again you alleging that the black africans killed in libya is because they are black, i refute that claim they were killed because they were mercenaries nothing more nothing less and its 100% justifyable that they got killed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1107584)
Racism isnt as black and white as that. India, for instance, has myriad hues of colour from one corner to the other. There exists blackest of black and whitest of white. And Indians are among the most racist of all cultures.

Everyone is inherently racist. Civilization teaches you to don layers over your inherent instincts, that help you be peaceful and productive - the more people are civilized, the less they curb their racist tendencies. And that's the case for any culture.

just because thats how it is in india doesnt mean its the same in libya and thats what ive been trying to say this whole time, regions differ.

edit: im going to leave it at that, its getting off topic and im pretty sure it against the rules, still im with wild on this one

Jasper 21-09-2011 07:58

Where is Scarlett when you need her ...
















here it is - http://www.google.com/search?q=scarl...ed=0CC4Q_AUoAA










but that's the wrong one?
























no it's the right one http://www.thewrestleclub.com/images/Smiles2/wank.gif

Seriously people. Before posting - HAVE A WANK.







I'll put more heat on with these idiosycracies
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1107305)
Your honour, as my main witness, I bring to the stand, Corzioli. He just told us all that he really don't think that Sage meant anything racist.

Screwed up with a witness :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero (Post 1107416)

I'll nominate this guy - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...postcount=1897

:g:

Come at me bro!

Congo Powers 21-09-2011 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by akewander (Post 1107590)
where did you read that black africans were shot in their head with their hands tied behind their backs, once again dont talk shit about a country you dont know shit about.

the news is there if u want to read it. i've never been to libya, all i can do is formulate an opinion based upon the information that is made available to me.

my entire statement is this: arabs are just as capable of racism as anyone else. do you disagree with me? EOD :O :o :o


Quote:

once again you alleging that the black africans killed in libya is because they are black, i refute that claim they were killed because they were mercenaries nothing more nothing less and its 100% justifyable that they got killed.

so every black man killed in libya is a mercenary? is this what u r saying? be realistic man...humanity is fucked....sugarcoat it all you want...its still fucked. wartime wartime....what are you actually saying?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:50.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.