The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Sod-Lod 17-02-2012 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241732)
I can agree with the fact that they're for peace. But it is never true. People have been killing each other over religion for aeons; Holocaust, Crusades, Terrorism now, religious warfare in Nigeria etc. they all come to mind..

That because the people who misused the religion and take it for there personal and worldly benefits not the vice versa?! :fp:

Sage 17-02-2012 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1241739)
I'm not an atheist. Because being an atheist means that you don't "believe" in god. I can't prove whether god exists or not.

I'm just not religious, and that has nothing to do with extremists. It has to do with education.

lol what? my whole family(as an example) have faith and most of them received a great education.

you may not be a good example since you didn't really live in iran, but so many people who live under extremism tend to turn wild and anti religion.

fredrik9 17-02-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1241700)
Well, Darwin (amongst others) pretty much proved that religion is fiction.

Darwin - my hero.

Ashish 17-02-2012 22:51

can we ban kuja and bring him back when he is 18 ... ? :conf:

MilanMB ... athesim is out of fashion

what the fuck is the problem ... just cesor jesus god koran allah bible and lets live happily :lol:

Congo Powers 17-02-2012 22:51

i masturbated yesterday

Ashish 17-02-2012 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1241755)
i masturbated yesterday

excellent :thumbsup:

Kalac#16 17-02-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241748)
What?

It's against my will as I did not choose to be attracted to men, in the same way that you did not choose to be attracted to women. I'm not saying I'm some guy wishing I was straight..

Again, my point still stands. I find race and sexual orientation much more of a touchy subject than religion because religion is a choice.

Against your will gives off that impression, and that's how you're trying to defend yourself, as well trying to trivialise religion by saying it's a 'choice' like supporting a football team, picking what clothes to wear.

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 1241750)
That because the people who misused the religion and take it for there personal and worldly benefits not the vice versa?! :fp:

Ofcourse I'm not saying that religion is some manifest evil being. haahahaha

I'm saying that there is surely some correlation when things are done purely because of belief. Like Terrorism and the Crusades. I doubt Richard the Lionheart just thought "Fuck it, Jerusalem looks nice... I want that bitch". It was because of religion. It's not like Hitler thought "I'm just arbitrarily gonna pick some people to kill" he hated Jews, though Jews are an ethnicity as well as a religion, so it's vague there.

But see my point. They don't go hand in hand but there is definitely a correlation.

fredrik9 17-02-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1241718)

come on people.

join in if you know the words. I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE...........

Sod-Lod 17-02-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1241744)
Theories are the closest thing you can come to a "fact". Theory is the highest level of science.

You must have proof to have an theory.

And Darwin's theory is the most beautiful one ever. It's pure genius.

No it is not, you need to have scientific explanation to make a theory while when the theory proved by evidences then it turns to Fact.

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1241754)

what the fuck is the problem ... just cesor jesus god koran allah bible and lets live happily :lol:

What am I doing differently to anyone else?

Grow up, Ashish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 1241758)
Against your will gives off that impression, and that's how you're trying to defend yourself, as well trying to trivialise religion by saying it's a 'choice' like supporting a football team, picking what clothes to wear.

It being 'against my will' is pretty much the backbone of the "It's not a choice" argument. That is why I am using it.

I have explained my reasoning for the difference earlier. I shall not waste energy repeating myself.

Costanza 17-02-2012 22:55

Oh so the religious like always have chickened out?

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 1241762)
No it is not, you need to have scientific explanation to make a theory while when the theory proved by evidences then it turns to Fact.

Do you believe in creationism, Sod-Lod? :)

damn 17-02-2012 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1241755)
i masturbated yesterday

how was it? did sir use any particular brand of lube.

Ashish 17-02-2012 22:56

can we unban drucurl?

Pedro 17-02-2012 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1241769)
can we unban drucurl?

:thumbsup:

MilanMB 17-02-2012 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 1241752)
lol what? my whole family(as an example) have faith and most of them received a great education.

you may not be a good example since you didn't really live in iran, but so many people who live under extremism tend to turn wild and anti religion.

First of, research shows that the higher education you got, the less religious you are.

Second, I'm not calling religious people "dumb", not at all. It's just that very few religious people (IMO) are educated in what science really is. But that I mean you can have an education, but that doesn't matter if you're not educated in the right things. You follow me?

If you understand evolution, it's quite impossible to be religious in the sense that you believe everything that's written in the "holy" books. But to really understand evolution, you have to have a strong base in other areas as well.

MilanMB 17-02-2012 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 1241762)

That's exactly what I said. In a more simple way.

damn 17-02-2012 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1241754)

that's a good idea. :thumbsup:

Sage 17-02-2012 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1241773)
First of, research shows that the higher education you got, the less religious you are.

Second, I'm not calling religious people "dumb", not at all. It's just that very few religious people (IMO) are educated in what science really is. But that I mean you can have an education, but that doesn't matter if you're not educated in the right things. You follow me?

If you understand evolution, it's quite impossible to be religious in the sense that you believe everything that's written in the "holy" books. But to really understand evolution, you have to have a strong base in other areas as well.

I see.

to each his own I guess(which was my initial point), IMO darwin was a jende.:lol: