The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

gaizka22 08-10-2007 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbaim
quality post huh thats relative,some people may say good post some people may say normal post or bad post.

Stay long enough and you could identify them and hopefully making some yourself.

adrian_milan 09-10-2007 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaizka22
You just exemplified and magnified the real reason why we no longer state the post count. It's just a number and every forum member should pay the tiniest attention to it and focusing more on the quality post instead of postcount-padding posts. Unless someone really cared about the status attached to that number.

It matters when we made a big deal out of it and it stop mattered when we no longer state it. Taking out the postcount give use one less reason for useless arguments.

Okay then...I accept it...Juz wondering...
It is solved...Great

crazymilangirl 09-10-2007 17:36

problems + suggestions + questions

is billy allowed to come back???? :D :D i am just asking since um, this was suggested by some

and what about jaspers suggestion??

and will we have a new MOD to cover for jasper? :)

Sasha 09-10-2007 17:48

Why can't we embed videos from other sites such as Dailymotion or Liveleak? Also, can we use the actual youtube embedding code instead of the brackets? It would be nice because I can shrink the video's size and make it signature appropriate.

Sasha 09-10-2007 19:55

Can we change the file size limit on avatars to 50 kb? I have a sweet 75x75 avatar that I'd like to use but the file size is too big.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7240/eatlogoww5.gif

C'mon David, do the right thing. ;)

Besfort 09-10-2007 22:22

Maybe this will help you.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Sasha 09-10-2007 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besfort
Maybe this will help you.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

I've tried programs like that but it doesn't work, you have to shrink the image down to 10x10 in order to get it under 19.5 kb. :rolleyes:

acerвιc wιт 11-10-2007 15:32

Calls for a Super Berlusconi + Galliani thread?:D

crazymilangirl 15-10-2007 17:45

Did you make the thread? I doubt anyone would mind it

Anyway, can we get a mod to replace Jasper because we have spammers etc etc arond here and they make bullshit threads and theres no one to delete the posts or close the threads. Jasper was one of the active mods/members and well i guess the other mods arent online because of timedifference etc so we need an european (someone who lives in europe) mod because jasper was on when the majority of the members are on. (If that makes sense guys)
And david, can you read jimweebarra's posts and give him a warning to show him that we have other forums too beside the Introductions one..

:D

*rossonera* 16-10-2007 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milaneso
What the heck is this?

wrong thread. happens to the best of us, just make sure that next time you intend to post, you look for the proper subforum + thread *first*. ;)

*rossonera* 16-10-2007 16:41

i don't see the need for a stand-in mod.

the *spamming* by 2 or 3 good bhoys, bad bhoys + those feeding *them* is more of a self-created problem than a problem that warrants extra staff. misplaced posts + duplicates can be deleted + a little restraint, i.e. not acting on impulse + barf out insults in mindless tit-for-tat responses, will silence wind-up merchants pretty quickly.

Sasha 17-10-2007 00:42

Where is everyone? This board is getting eerily quiet. The only noises I hear are from the one sided argument in Yoann's thread and the bhoys talking shit in Introductions & Euro Qual.

*rossonera* 17-10-2007 01:12

^ international break could be a reason, but the forum hasn't been very active in a while i noticed. maybe the glory hunters + jcl's are looking for a new bandwagon elsewhere.

Sasha 17-10-2007 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by *rossonera*
^ international break could be a reason, but the forum hasn't been very active in a while i noticed. maybe the glory hunters + jcl's are looking for a new bandwagon elsewhere.

Maybe, btw what's a jcl?

crazymilangirl 17-10-2007 10:41

A mods job in this forum is to delete unnecessary posts & threads. We definately need a stand-in mod as Jasper was doing all the work when he was around. It doesnt even feel like the mods are active around here.

There is probably nothing too spectacular to read in the introduction forum or the offtopic forum but that doesnt mean that mods shouldnt check them once in a while just to see whats going on. Self created problem or not, several members told that virus known by the name of jimweebarra to stop spamming. He had been spamming in the subforums where mods are not active. He threw personal insults @ whoever told him to stop spamming and some of us dont like to have personal insults thrown at us, i reported his post and also wrote a post in this thread where i kindly asked the mods/admin to atleast give the guy a warning or ban him since he wasnt contributing in the first place but no one did anything and i felt like replying to him since mods/admin usually ignore that subforum it seems :tongue: SUE ME

I want bmwtaylor to get her job back (if she wants of course) because she is online on a daily basis and knows whats going on in almost every single subforum. Some of the current mods were online when the virus Jimweebarra was spamming and insulting but they never bothered to check that subforum or thread.

Thats my 500 bucks.. now agree with me :)

*rossonera* 17-10-2007 16:05

some people seem too willing to instantaneously engage in insultslinging. it's not only always the same very small group of people who react on the slightest [perceived] provocation, those people are immediately around to happily take the bait + then cry for more mods as soon as another *bhoy* or [what's his name] registers to post something *offensive*. the pattern is very plain to discern. personally, i didn't feel annoyed by those 3 or 4 lame wind-up attempts but by the ensuing + ongoing off topic posting by people who should know better. if those concerned with the quality of the moderation spent their time debating proper thread topics, half of the issues they take issue with wouldn't even exist. funny, isn't it? anything to reinstate bmwtaylor, right? i wouldn't be surprised if david saw through your deliberate little tantrum right away.

i can't agree about only jasper doing his job, i replied to milaneso's misplaced post in this thread + within a very short time his post was removed or moved, evidently by another mod doing his/her job. imo a good mod acts in the background, but not without providing transparency of his/her actions by adding a comment whenever a post is moved/edited + thereby conceding people the right to *learn* + avoid mistakes/rule offenses in the future.

crazymilangirl 17-10-2007 17:31

Anything to reinstate bmwtaylor? What do you mean ?
He saw through what??

Btw, its something a mod is supposed to do, deleting one or two posts in one thread doesnt make good mods either. Its a fact that they dont check/moderate in some subforums and that was just what i was saying. Bmwtaylor was aware of what was going on and i think she did a really good job as a mod, the majority here agreed and she should get her job back. Correction: everyone agreed except passion for *9*
What would you know about bmwtaylors moderating if you have been inactive for almost 3 years?

And btw, you arent passion, right? ;)

*rossonera* 17-10-2007 17:55

this is what i mean:
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
I want bmwtaylor to get her job back

i've seen *real* spamming here + trust me, you have seen nothing yet!
making a fuss about one or two guys who didn't immediately catch a mod's attention you figured would help get you what you want, so you make a meal of it. do you think i'm a naive little lamb?


ps: no, kiddo, i'm not who you want me to be. give it a rest. :)

crazymilangirl 17-10-2007 17:58

Dear, i liked troll better than kiddo..it had something to it :)

Btw, i said i want bmwtaylor to get her job back ( if she wants )
taking things out of context never was nice, naive or manipulative ;)

Anyway, you are welcome back or welcome or whatever you want it to be.
I just said what i meant and im going to leave it at that. I have *no* plan here or anything. I dont even *know* bmwtaylor but i always thought *she* did a good job as mod. So i said it. :)

And also, it wasnt about the spamming the dude was doing. That was more like the "last" drop since they went personal on alot of members here. There has been some posts here and there and threads and i was just mentioning that.

*rossonera* 17-10-2007 18:04

you do protest too much, kiddo.

trust me, you will soon enough notice that the person you want me to be + the person i am don't hold identical views on many issues. we share our dislike for seedorf though.

crazymilangirl 17-10-2007 18:07

Im sorry, granny. Sensitive soul :)

Yea, and also your love for " * * " :D passion for " *9* " and " *rossonera* " but its just a coincidence, like the fact that you are from Deutchland (thats how we spell it around here) and besides, you are older than her.

Beemer 17-10-2007 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
Where is everyone? This board is getting eerily quiet. The only noises I hear are from the one sided argument in Yoann's thread and the bhoys talking shit in Introductions & Euro Qual.

It gets incredibly dead around here when there's an international break. There's been nothing new to talk about. More than once in the past week, there have been times when no regulars are logged on.

Anyway, the sun is threatening to come out, so maybe I should go outdoors. :)

Milanista10 18-10-2007 00:55

why not re-instate bmw or besi for the time being..

Sasha 18-10-2007 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milanista10
why not re-instate bmw or besi for the time being..

They had their chances+blew it so I suggest Anguisette or *rossonera* or myself or madtherchot.

gaizka22 18-10-2007 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
It gets incredibly dead around here when there's an international break. There's been nothing new to talk about. More than once in the past week, there have been times when no regulars are logged on.

May I also add that the Moslem Festive (last Saturday - Sunday) and the corresponding holiday that come with it make most of the moslem members (my self included) spend the time with the family :)

Besi 18-10-2007 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
They had their chances+blew it so I suggest Anguisette or *rossonera* or myself or madtherchot.

I dont think you were here when I was moderator.. ? LOL..

There is no need for another moderator.. it's just fine like it is.. it's not like we have alot of members online .. it's quite..

Sasha 18-10-2007 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besi
I dont think you were here when I was moderator.. ? LOL..

I know more than you think BesiKaka. ;)

adrian_milan 19-10-2007 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besi
I dont think you were here when I was moderator.. ? LOL..

There is no need for another moderator.. it's just fine like it is.. it's not like we have alot of members online .. it's quite..

You are right, changing the mod won't increase the population here, I examine the who's online thread everyday...Exclude the matchday, the maximum member population here is six...It'll increases in Saturday during matchday...and will be very active on matchday...There are a lot of newcomers here, burt rarely become active here...but the forum here is consider active compared to many other forum out there...We are just lacking of some quality members...who's online everyday, and know Milan very well...I think it's also an effect on the decreasing popularity of Italian football...EPL is growin stronger...they have fans everywhere...nowadays Serie A considers not as classy as them...
Hopefully things will change...

gaizka22 19-10-2007 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian_milan
You are right, changing the mod won't increase the population here, I examine the who's online thread everyday...Exclude the matchday, the maximum member population here is six...It'll increases in Saturday during matchday...and will be very active on matchday...There are a lot of newcomers here, burt rarely become active here...but the forum here is consider active compared to many other forum out there...We are just lacking of some quality members...who's online everyday, and know Milan very well...I think it's also an effect on the decreasing popularity of Italian football...EPL is growin stronger...they have fans everywhere...nowadays Serie A considers not as classy as them...
Hopefully things will change...

You got a point there. However, I don't see the rising popularity of EPL at the expense of Serie A played a major part in it. True that they have fans everywhere, but what kind of fans? Glory hunter or real ones? How many percent of those new fans will still support the popular EPL team in say 5 years? Being Indonesian we can see how easy for 'floating' fans to shift teams every season. Those people we should never worry.

Like you said, what we need is quality members who know about Milan. No need to know a lot about Milan, but at least willing to learn some more. You, me and some members here have been supporting this AC Milan team for years and we know the drill.

Serie A not considered classy for them? But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, right :)? I can appreciate a 4-3 goalfest between EPL midtable team as much as enjoying a barricaded defense displayed by Serie A teams occupying the same position in the chart.

adrian_milan 19-10-2007 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaizka22
You got a point there. However, I don't see the rising popularity of EPL at the expense of Serie A played a major part in it. True that they have fans everywhere, but what kind of fans? Glory hunter or real ones? How many percent of those new fans will still support the popular EPL team in say 5 years? Being Indonesian we can see how easy for 'floating' fans to shift teams every season. Those people we should never worry.

Like you said, what we need is quality members who know about Milan. No need to know a lot about Milan, but at least willing to learn some more. You, me and some members here have been supporting this AC Milan team for years and we know the drill.

Serie A not considered classy for them? But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, right :)? I can appreciate a 4-3 goalfest between EPL midtable team as much as enjoying a barricaded defense displayed by Serie A teams occupying the same position in the chart.

Amen to that...IMO the defence skill that Maldini and Nesta has is an absolute beauty...Defensive moves are also an art in football...
Check it out, I just open a thread about a coaching clinic...
I realized there has no thread about how to play football here, so i created one, plus i need a few tips and trick because I just started to play football, and is very bad at it.
I need to improveee...Help me there...plus it could be an interesting thread as well...

*rossonera* 20-10-2007 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
They had their chances+blew it so I suggest Anguisette or *rossonera* or myself or madtherchot.

are you being serious? thanks for your vote of confidence *LOL* but i'm very happy to be part of that part of the common people who don't pursue promotion. you know, dealing with *trolling numpties* is not what i'd consider a relaxing pastime or rewarding job + if asked, i would only decline the offer, like i did 4 years ago. besides, circumstances can change any time again in my life + force me to take another hiatus - no thanks, i will content myself with browsing the match thread on weekends + occasionally adding my 2cent on gourcuff, berlusconi, bundesliga, the old days + transfer rumors. ;)

Sasha 23-10-2007 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
Why can't we embed videos from other sites such as Dailymotion or Liveleak? Also, can we use the actual youtube embedding code instead of the brackets? It would be nice because I can shrink the video's size and make it signature appropriate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
Can we change the file size limit on avatars to 50 kb? I have a sweet 75x75 avatar that I'd like to use but the file size is too big.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7240/eatlogoww5.gif

C'mon David, do the right thing. ;)

Would like an answer to my suggestions.

David 31-10-2007 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMike
Would like an answer to my suggestions.

1. YouTube is used by the overwhelming majority and, quite frankly, I ain't got the code for the other video sites nor do I think it is worth my time finding/figuring it out just to add an option that'll probably be used by some 0,01% of members.

You can't use actual YouTube code for security reasons. And videos in signatures are a definite no. Do you expect someone you talk to in real life to watch a video of your choice, the same one every time, after your every reply?

2. No. There are still people on dial-up.

Sasha 01-11-2007 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
1. YouTube is used by the overwhelming majority and, quite frankly, I ain't got the code for the other video sites nor do I think it is worth my time finding/figuring it out just to add an option that'll probably be used by some 0,01% of members.

You can't use actual YouTube code for security reasons. And videos in signatures are a definite no. Do you expect someone you talk to in real life to watch a video of your choice, the same one every time, after your every reply?

2. No. There are still people on dial-up.

Thanks for answering (albeit after a while). I disagree with point #1 though, I know that more than 0.01% of the forum would use codes from dailymotion, Google video, metacafe, etc. Not every football video is on Youtube.

In the end, it's your decision, I'll protest, but I can live with it.

crazy4milan 07-11-2007 15:52

Cheerleaders + the other ones that supposly aren't Milan fans cause they make hard statements on the team. It has to end, the "label the fans who don't share my way of watching Milan" has gone to ridiculous levels, and each and every single one in here has the right to see Milan in the way they want to see Milan (weather it's pink or black or somewhere in the middle), as long as they are respectful towards the other people's view, and you don't have the right to call on them for their position (disaggre you can, make fun of it, no), so stop it.

Second, if you were graced to watch Sacchi's era, Gianni Rivera's era, or even the Gre-No-Li era, don't think it gives you the upper hand on Milan knowledge, so don't use as a "I know more of Milan than you do cause I saw Milan vs Benfica". Use it as a way to help the other ones who weren't lucky enough to be born before (or become a Milan fan before) gain some idea of how Milan used to play, or how great was to see "x" player on the pitch.

Sasha 07-11-2007 18:00

Members wishing death upon players should be banned. Bandwagon members who are only fans of one player should go too. Also, if you're not a fan of Milan it's OK to post in the match thread. But after the match is over... Get the FUCK OFF our forum.

radioactivenerd 07-11-2007 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
But after the match is over... Get the FUCK OFF our forum.

As long as the person in question posts in a balanced way, without slandering or insults, i see no reason to ban them. There's nothing wrong with someone that doesnt agree with us, as long as they dont piss everyone off.

Agree with wishin death upon players....that should be a bannable offence...just for the sort of things that are said.

David 07-11-2007 19:33

I've banned San Paolo, menon_inc and ROSSONER_PR for two weeks, just to let you know.

zZ[-_-]Zz 07-11-2007 20:11

Forza Milan...

radioactivenerd 07-11-2007 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I've banned San Paolo, menon_inc and ROSSONER_PR for two weeks, just to let you know.

menon and San paolo as well?! I mustve missed something....or was it for their millionth arguement over each other's pubes and blonde hairs?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:41.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.