The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

David 26-11-2010 22:36

Just banned Ashish for three weeks by request. Since he'll study during this time, I'm sure he'll return to the forums smarter and with more enlightening posts. So hold on. :tongue:

Susan 26-11-2010 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 859706)
Hey guys I am going for 3 weeks, David is giving me a voluntary ban for three weeks, i have three projects and 2 exams on the pipeline and i dont know how will I do it.

Love this forum and love you guys but too much addiction naah cant piss off my grades and will see you in 3 weeks

Forza milan ;)

David NOW

Then see you again in three weeks. :)

Wrong time though to be banned, some interesting Milan matches will be in those weeks, though not really big ones, should be fun on the forum at that time.

KujaIX 26-11-2010 22:51

Quite clever Ashish. Hope to see you back in 3 weeks.

MilanMB 26-11-2010 23:14

Perma ban him David :D

Lisa 26-11-2010 23:20

Another word for all of you to put on your no use list is "******" and "******ed", because, as I think all of you know, it's highly offensive. As for any subs, well there really isn't any is there, since you shouldn't insult someone just because you don't agree with his/her opinion. Thank you.

Sage 26-11-2010 23:25

How about you guys ban every swear word/insult and make this a PG forum?http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...monsteryn0.gif

fertygo 26-11-2010 23:29

Internet wouldn't be the same without "******" or "fags" word.
kthxbai.

SouthClaw 26-11-2010 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage_of_six_Paths (Post 859752)
How about you guys ban every swear word/insult and make this a PG forum?http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...monsteryn0.gif

It's not that they are simply swear words/insults, they are serious issues that shouldn't be joked about. Intentional or not, using the r-word is mocking people with physical or mental impairments.

necromancer 27-11-2010 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 859727)
Since he'll study during this time, I'm sure he'll return to the forums smarter

:D LOL

Ashishchetta, good luck for the exams.

Dalilah 27-11-2010 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa (Post 859749)
Another word for all of you to put on your no use list is "******" and "******ed", because, as I think all of you know, it's highly offensive. As for any subs, well there really isn't any is there, since you shouldn't insult someone just because you don't agree with his/her opinion. Thank you.

Respect, but based on my experience word censure can’t change football forums in general. If anybody knows some nice censured football forum to prove me wrong please gimme a link :)
It’s football, you know. For comparison, you never call the opponents ‘merda’ in rugby community while in football, mockery and offence is a part of fan culture more often than not. Not because there’s something wrong with the football fans, honestly I think there’s been a lot of intentional flaming from the official sides and fans are only human. Remember Sepp Blatter saying no to video replays, and why? ‘Cause discussions all over the world about infamous refs’ mistakes add publicity to the game :eek: A TROLL. What to expect of us just mortals, then?
So, realistically speaking, I can have as good intentions as I please but I can’t promise that I’ll never use ‘r’ or ‘rated-r’ words if it’s about football.
Even if

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthClaw (Post 859760)
It's not that they are simply swear words/insults, they are serious issues that shouldn't be joked about. Intentional or not, using the r-word is mocking people with physical or mental impairments.

it's serious swearing.

MassterMark 27-11-2010 08:51

what's whong with ashish??? is he realy ******ed, to get ban every week?????

Jasper 27-11-2010 09:14

masster :D:D:D:D

neutral 27-11-2010 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassterMark (Post 859855)

If you read, you will see he requested the ban for study purposes.

ladro 27-11-2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassterMark (Post 859855)

lolol

I wish there was a possible ban on all activities in life, would make studying so much easier or in my case, possible for the first time:/

KujaIX 27-11-2010 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 859755)
Internet wouldn't be the same without "******" or "fags" word.
kthxbai.

And that's because the Internet is more known for stupid little immature kids than actual helpful discussions.

People are more likely to recognize a poorly spelt Meme than something good.

I propose that the word Faggot and all incarnations are also prohibited.

Congo Powers 27-11-2010 12:47

i propose all n00bz get banned asap
:o :o :o

wack posters = ban immediately

Senatore_M84 27-11-2010 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 859932)

names please. It's time we resort to some sort of neo-mccarthyism here :O

Az. 27-11-2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 859932)

I dont know if you`re joking or not(cant really tell sometimes with the way you type :D )but the mods need to start banning more people.

Trolls with no football knowledge whatsoever should be the first to go.

Marcus 27-11-2010 20:52

And how about people grow a pair and not cry for banning of words?

Kuja mate, I've got nothing against you or homosexuality, but to ban any words in whatever correlation with homosexuality is stupid. That is what people who hate homosexuality would do. Try to keep quiet about it, delete any references to it... ignore "the problem". Today we've come a long way since that. The fact that gay references are used as jokes and light and ironic insult shows that society isn't ignoring anymore, but accepting. Sure, it's far from perfect, but humans have always had troubles with anything different to them in any way. Trust me, if you stay true to yourself and try not to take it all to heart, you will soon learn to laugh at most of the things instead of taking them personally.

As for the word ******, my stance is the same. It's a wonderful word, a useful word and has a nice ring to it. Also, it shouldn't be offensive to people with mental disabilities. The reason behind this is that ****** doesn't mean someone who has any form of mental ******ation but people who don't yet manage to come across as being completely lobotomized.

Political correctness doesn't do good to anyone. As Schopenhauer said "Every nation ridicules other nations, and all are right." This applies to everything actually, not just countries. Learn to laugh people. At Seedorf mostly. :)

SouthClaw 28-11-2010 00:42

Can't say I didn't see it coming, but when did dru get banned?

edit: nevermind, saw the goodbye post.