The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Costanza 17-02-2012 22:23

I just can't get this religious guys.

Your faith and briefs is your concern, not me. It's not something real like Race or sexual orientation, it's your thoughts and beliefs and opinions.

What fredrik said, even if you're dumb enough to take it seriously , is an opinion, which he's entitled to have as much as you are to have your religious beliefs.

Are you really telling me If I come and say that I found this book to be much more well-written than those holy books then I'm offending your beliefs? Do you actually hear yourself? What does offending beliefs even mean?!

Religious people's bigotry must stop someday, and if we can't start from places like here then I don't where to.

Sod-Lod 17-02-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241641)
I don't hold a grudge, per se. I merely remember it.

You explained your view in an extremely derogatory way. If I was to explain a supportive view of apartheid and slag off every single black person possible during it, then they have a reason to be offended.

It seems clearly!!!!

However, who hold you down for it, You just can do it!

damn 17-02-2012 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro (Post 1241610)
Homosexuals are not holy, the Bible and Koran are.

I respectfully disagree, Homosexuals are holy and without that hole it would be a bit pointless.

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vx7 (Post 1241656)
I'll say it again, learn the definition of the word 'Holy'.

Dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred: "the Holy Bible"; "the holy month of Ramadan".
(of a person) Devoted to the service of God: "saints and holy men".

Dedicated to a religious purpose, essentially.

Why does this matter? That more people'll catch feelings over it? Why is that such a fucking problem?

Pedro 17-02-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241642)
Thought so. The exclamation mark seemed to prove it. :D Argued my point anyway.

It did. :)

You know I have all people on the first place.

.A.K. 17-02-2012 22:26

if fred is not banned for this then why did other members get banned for religious insults or insults of any kind?

i find it deeply disrespectful fred said this, for a guy i respect it angers me even more

if this is allowed i dont understand the point of having any rules

david I WANT AN ANSWER

Ash 17-02-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241594)
Lol at you trying to correct David.

David may have set the rules, but as the prime arbiter, David gets to choose what goes and what does not. Whether he crosses his own rules is irrelevant, a King can be hypocritical as much as he likes, especially when it's on an internet forum with no chance of popular uprising.

And Sod-Lod, as MilanMB said, what is offensive to you may not be to others. I remember you pretty much slandering homosexuals during the Prop 8 days... what was up with that? What's the difference, well apart from the ~2000 years of difference.

Really

Stop being a fuckin' hypocrite

SodLod is complaining about something that offended his beliefs just like you tend to moan whenever anyone says even remotely deragotory against Gays

So stop acting like it's a minor thing for him. it isn't

I am not really religious, but I do know it is a sensitive topic. Praise a player all you want but it is really crossing the line when you bring religion into it, just like when you bring politics

There is a reason why there are rules against them

Ultra Swan 17-02-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costanza (Post 1241661)
I just can't get this religious guys.

Your faith and beiefs is your concern, not me. It's not something real like Race or sexual orentaion, it's your thoughts and beleifs and opinions.

What fredrik said, even if you're dumb enough to take it seriously , it's an opinion, which he's entiteld to have as much as you are to have your religious beleifs.

Are you really telling me If I come and say that I founf this book to be much more well-written than those holy books then I'm offending your beliefs? Do you actually hear yourself?

Religious people's bigotry must stop someday, and if we can't start from places like here then I don't where to.

How is it bigotry when your post was simply a euphemistically verbose way of saying that religion is fiction.

That's your opinion yet you state it as fact, that's disrespectful.

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 1241665)
It seems clearly!!!!

However, who hold you down for it, You just can do it!

Ummm. I don't know what this means?

fredrik9 17-02-2012 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdcantona (Post 1241651)
the punchline wasn't even taking the piss out of either religion in any way - are people going to be offended simply by religion being mentioned within a joke that's not even about them? the joke is just that ibrahimovic's book is the best thing ever written

Exactly. Thank you. That's all it was.

I haven't read the Koran. I'm sure it's good.
I've read the Bible a few times (my dad was a priest). It's a great piece of fiction.

Sage 17-02-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 1241674)
Really

SodLod is complaining about something that offended his beliefs just like you tend to moan whenever anyone says even remotely deragotory against Gays

I am not really religious, but I do know it is a sensitive topic. Praise a player all you want but it is really crossing the line when you bring religion into it, just like when you bring politics

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kalac#16 17-02-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredrik9 (Post 1241679)

I've read the Bible a few times (my dad was a priest). It's a great piece of fiction.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sod-Lod 17-02-2012 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredrik9 (Post 1241643)
Disrespect against who? Some guys who wrote books 1000 years ago?

Get a life. This is 2012.

I don't disrespect people who believe.

It was a joke. In most parts of the world you're allowed to joke about religion without having your head chopped off. You should go there some time.

Other offensive quote !

I live there and it is easy to slap them with responses, but here, It is not allowed to do, therefore, I obey the forum rules.

Ultra Swan 17-02-2012 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241670)
Dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred: "the Holy Bible"; "the holy month of Ramadan".

Why does this matter? That more people'll catch feelings over it? Why is that such a fucking problem?

Perhaps if I used the term Sacred, you would have a better understanding?

MilanMB 17-02-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1241669)
I respectfully disagree, Homosexuals are holy and without that hole it would be a bit pointless.

hahaha :lol:

:star::star:

good one.

KujaIX 17-02-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 1241674)
Really

Beliefs and sexual orientation/race are different!

You cannot decide to be gay or straight. You CAN decide to be a religion/religious.

I'm not acting like it's a minor thing. I'm just asking him to lay off because he's complaining about a joke, when he feels it's perfectly fine to offend other people with his abrasive way of carrying his beliefs.

And David effectively waived the reservation like 20 minutes ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vx7 (Post 1241675)
How is it bigotry when your post was simply a euphemistically verbose way of saying that religion is fiction.

Did he say it's fiction? I thought he was just saying it's a choice.

MilanReality 17-02-2012 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredrik9 (Post 1241679)

We may like each other very much.
But you sir, have balls.

Giant balls.

(I don't disagree, just wouldn't say it on here)

fredrik9 17-02-2012 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vx7 (Post 1241656)
I'll say it again, learn the definition of the word 'Holy'.

I'm not saying I'm one of them, and I'm not saying anyone else here is one of them... but there are people who claim religion is the worst invention of man ever. Responsible for more or less all wars and all terror we've seen here on this planet.

David - cut this thread.

Sod-Lod 17-02-2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1241670)

Then, Why Homosexuality is matter for you?!

You know the answer well.

Where is Jasper, this is the drama that he have been asked for, god damn it!

Costanza 17-02-2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vx7 (Post 1241675)

Would you do me a fucking favor and tell where did I say religion is a fiction?

Bill Maher, come and save us.

And the other thing, I have a book that dates back to 1000 years ago and inside that it tells me people are actually made of horseshit, that's my holy book and If you don't accept that you're made of horseshit then you've offended my beliefs.