The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

KujaIX 28-11-2012 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1571158)
I live in a trailer, I would appreciate it if any of u not living in a trailer would stop saying the word trailer.. Thanks

Mobile Home?

Abode of the modern farmer?

Le pastoral boudoir?

Trailer?

joyrider 28-11-2012 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1571158)
I live in a trailer, I would appreciate it if any of u not living in a trailer would stop saying the word trailer.. Thanks

you're last wish comes out

you're happy, i'm happy

from now on it's caravan or RV !! :star: :thumbsup:

Corzioli 29-11-2012 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1570764)
ok I will try to clarify.

I have a problem with people using a term that is completely unrelated to themselves knowing that it will be the target of insults and attacks.

spurs fans use the term "yid" and their historical jewish links as a shield.
do you honestly think these non Jewish spurs fans get hurt when when other teams insult jews?

they are using "yid" as bait.
giving the other fans a target that they have no real emotional connection to.

I suppose it breaks your heart when some random Brazilian insult some random Argentine.

please don't watch south park, you would probably die from dehydration due to crying so much at the random insults in every episode. :o

fact is is something doesn't effect you, then it tends to hurt you less if at all.

I've got my reading glasses, dictionary and thesaurus ready....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sRXyOP3xnD...-at-me-bro.jpg

Yo damn, sorry for the delay..got home a bit late, ate one MASSIVE dinner while seeing Gareth Bale score that unlucky own goal (does he wear contacts now? He had dreamy ice blue eyes yesternight.. <3) and then got the knock-out.

Just woke some minutes back. *yawn*

Firstly..South Park, yeah..let's see, I've seen ALL of Season 1, parts of 2, 10, 13, 14, 15 and the current 16..legally I must add..you do know I'm a BIG fan! :proud:

The only reason why I haven't streamed all the other episodes is limited time. In a perfect world I could watch SP 24/7. :o That serious.

Matt and Trey are ruthless, yeah, but they are two of the SMARTEST dudes I've seen..they make me cry, laugh, get an :O, get mad, think, get inspired, get a story, think some more...just get me through the whole range of emotions. They are ruthless, yes, but LOVELY!

Yes, like I stated in my other posts, those fronting the name Yid Army are trolls. Necro said something in his post that a lot of people seem to adopt these days: if you can get the insulting term and use it as a symbol of pride, better. AKA Reappropiation.

But it doesn't always work. Aamof I don't think it works. A slur always has the stamp of negativity on it no matter how you try to twist that..hoping that embracing the moniker 'Yid Army' will change much in terms of Anglo-Jewish interactions is a will o' the wisp altogether. It just won't happen. What it does do is reinforce the fact that those are (hated) Jews as a group, so subconsciously the xenophobic mechanisms start to roll in place once an Englishman sees a (Jewish) member of that group. If they took up a name that maybe implicitly refers to their strenghts as Jews, instead of one that explicitly denounces/insults them and identifies them as a non-native, external (to the locale) subspecies with (imagined) diminished rights even as citizens..it would work.

Pick a seemingly ordinary nick with codified Jewish roots that only they would appreciate. So that there's no (negative) identifier yet there's still a symbol of Jewish pride in there. That would've been the safer way to do it.

Lastly..me, naturally I'm just a very feely person. So yes if a random Brazilian insults a random Argentine and I understand what was said, I'll go bonkers. Really. Every human, all 7 billion of us, has a right to pride in his/her ancestry. A right to be respected and allowed every service bestowed upon citizens of a country s/he isn't native to. In some ways that right even extend to aliens (in a legal sense). If some blocs of people wrongly think that co-existing with other peoples will diminish their own SOL..they should quietly keep that hate within themselves, or rightly be punished by a society that takes good care of them by using proceeds from the taxes levied on denizens and 'strangers' alike. Truth.

People fail to realise just how much Jews have built the entire world as we know it over time..from Hollywood to investment banking..there's no escaping their influence AND achievements.

Corzioli 29-11-2012 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1570994)
It's more a reclaiming thing. It's showing solidarity with the Jewish minority in London if anything...

There's a difference between Jews and trailer-park dwelling folk.

Horrendous attempt at thinking of 'racist' examples, btw. :lol:

Nope. Riots started because kids like violence and free stuff. Mark Duggan died... people got angry... it spread and London was alight. It was not due to racial stereotyping or clashes... That whole point is just such bs. you're almost implicitly saying that the majority is always bad and the minority is some pure, wonderful thing which is never trusted or listened to.

Get over yourself. There were no racial undertones to the riots..

I just talked about the reappropiation thingy..it almost always backfires.

You saying the riots weren't *at least* inspired by an inflammable mix of bad policing/racial profiling is akin to going all Sepp Blatter right there...purposely playing ostrich.

Which isn't cool.

Corzioli 29-11-2012 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyrider (Post 1570429)
wiki sauce

Forgot to say..thanks sir for that article. :star:

KujaIX 29-11-2012 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1571389)
I just talked about the reappropiation thingy..it almost always backfires.

You saying the riots weren't *at least* inspired by an inflammable mix of bad policing/racial profiling is akin to going all Sepp Blatter right there...purposely playing ostrich.

Which isn't cool.

No.

You're almost trying to find a tin-foil hat in the sea of tranquility.

The riots were not inspired by racial profiling.

Get. Over. It.

They happened because rowdy kids saw a chance to profit from a volatile mixture of parade, mourning and violence.

In no way were they race-based or racially motivated.

They were not race riots.

Simple.

Stop trying to think you're some unfortunate pariah.. of course you'll look maligned and hated if you try to invent racist reasons for everything...

You weren't there. You'll notice that English people say it was teenagers being idiotic and violent... while foreign people try to claim it's something else.

Who knows best? The people in England.

hdcantona 29-11-2012 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1571743)
No.

Get. Over. It.

They happened because rowdy kids saw a chance to profit from a volatile mixture of parade, mourning and violence.

Simple.

Stop trying to think you're some unfortunate pariah.. of course you'll look maligned and hated if you try to invent racist reasons for everything...

You weren't there. You'll notice that English people say it was teenagers being idiotic and violent... while foreign people try to claim it's something else.

I've seen very few people (especially inside the UK) suggesting they were race riots, and tbh, although I wasn't part of the riots or close to any, I did see a lot of the first hand coverage and know people from areas that were affected, and again, got no indication at all of them being race riots, which is why I agree with you, and think it's baffling when people are almost trying to make a problem that wasn't there.

Kalac#16 30-11-2012 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdcantona (Post 1571744)
I've seen very few people (especially outside the UK) suggesting they were race riots, and tbh, although I wasn't part of the riots or close to any, I did see a lot of the first hand coverage and know people from areas that were affected, and again, got no indication at all of them being race riots, which is why I agree with you, and think it's baffling when people are almost trying to make a problem that wasn't there.

This.

Stupid corz, ****** as usual

manutd fan 30-11-2012 02:51

Here's a bit of trivia for you lot...

The guy who plays Crabbe in Harry Potter is now in prison, because he nicked a bunch of stuff during the riots :lol:

http://content7.flixster.com/questio...633117_std.jpg

(The one on the left).

necromancer 30-11-2012 05:31

No Malfoy to bail him out eh..

Corzioli 30-11-2012 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1571743)
No.

Get. Over. It.

Simple.

Dude you're way too quick to punch..for Pete's sake I never called it a race riot!! You don't need me to use a megaphone to get that in, do you?

I only insisted it was at least motivated by profiling.

One thing you've started doing Kuj that I HATE..you take one word/idea from a bunch of stuff I've written, and steer a discussion in a polarized direction..to get commenters skewed against me. And I bet you get some closet laughs over hanging me to dry in the open.

Not cool. :head:

My OP had me talking about how bad those West Ham supporters were in saying the shit they did, and at least that had some football-related content. Then I made a fleeting mention of the riots to embellish an idea and of course you saw that as the big moment.

Agent provocateur, keep doing it. You're mightily achieving your aims I must add.

If you SO hate me for being a fucked-up shallow Christian or anything..try to act mature about it.

Where's damn in this discussion..enjoyed his replies. :thumbsup:

Corzioli 30-11-2012 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 1571855)
This.

Stupid corz, ****** as usual

Actually used the R word, a word banned here.

NWMT.

Jasper 30-11-2012 14:32

Harry Potter jokes :fp:

KujaIX 30-11-2012 15:39

Corz, you clearly said that the riots were caused by racist attitudes and methods.

I said they weren't. That, and annoyance at your ditsy, self-harming style, is what led to that outburst.

I don't care about you being a Christian. You disappointed me and I stopped noticing your ridiculous gospel crap. end of that.

Corzioli 30-11-2012 15:57

Time to call you out.

Quote exactly where I 'clearly' stated that the riots were caused BASICALLY by 'racist methods'.

Btw, my OP talked about Berlu's pep talk, the weird choice of name for the WC mascot, and then the naughty Hammers.

You'd want to stop derailing this conversation, troublemaker.

KujaIX 30-11-2012 17:38

Quote:

It's probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's tiny drops that make an ocean over time. These things foster ethnocentrism and racism that goes under the carpet until a major incident comes up (maybe like the one in Rome). You won't hear the affected group come out and voice their anger because being minorities they know no one will listen or act. But it simmers underneath all the while..like a coal seam fire..until shit happens.
That's how the riots in major cities in England in 2011 started. Mark Duggan's death was only the igniting spark. There were already enough fumes in the air, undetectable but there.

Well..life goes on. Things won't change. Might as well grin and bear it. :/
There. Saying the riots happened because of racism under the surface.

That was not true. It was just almost so damn libellous.

Corzioli 30-11-2012 17:47

Who's reading the meanings in stuff now? I thought you accused me of 'clearly stating they were race riots'.

Iunno..I don't have time for this. If I said anything wrong, I'm an asshole. Fuck me and let me be. :D

Let's go back to talking about those initial three points I raised, otherwise I'm laying off any further responses.

Congo Powers 30-11-2012 17:55

:rolleyes:

Jasper 30-11-2012 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campione (Post 1565453)
Would be appreciated if people could start to write the time (CET) in the tfirst post for each match thread.

Yeah, I think we tried with the title once. But the thing is these times change and if it's put there then people think the one who did it is responsible should there be a fuckup. I think the safest way is for everyone to learn how to get that info by themselves.

Still, I'll start testing with the countdown tool in timeanddate site.

KujaIX 30-11-2012 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1572175)
Who's reading the meanings in stuff now? I thought you accused me of 'clearly stating they were race riots'.

Iunno..I don't have time for this. If I said anything wrong, I'm an asshole. Fuck me and let me be. :D

Let's go back to talking about those initial three points I raised, otherwise I'm laying off any further responses.

It can be clear without being explicit...