The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Videogames Thread (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=10785)

Quinni 17 17-02-2011 20:41

Nightfire was amazing :D

My Top 10:

Uncharted 2
FFX
FFVII
Oblivion
GTA Vice City
Bioshock
Heavy Rain
LBP2
MG3
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

KujaIX 17-02-2011 20:45

See, we finally have someone who appreciates Final Fantasy.

hdcantona 17-02-2011 20:51

is Final Fantasy something that appeals to gay people for some reason then? (I'm not saying you are Quinni)

However - I have 1 gay friend, and 1 other person I know is gay, and both of them love Final Fantasy and both hate the Legend of Zelda... :conf:

(I know it's just a coincidence really, but still...)

Kuja - your thoughts on Legend of Zelda? (since you're clearly an FF fan)

KujaIX 17-02-2011 21:10

I fucking hate LoZ, fucking overrated piece of shit... :D

Not even kidding. I hate all of the 'Zelda series.

I really doubt it appeals to gay people, just it's a very good series, if not the best. The games have amazing stories and state of the art graphics in each installment. The music is top-notch and each game receives great reviews. I think it's more chance that you and your friends simply don't like RPGs or are typical 'run'n'gun' kids who can only satiate their needs with games that involve shooting or sports.. Not that i don't play those, i just prefer RPGs which have richer stories and environments.

hdcantona 17-02-2011 21:32

do you really hate it?

Ocarina of Time = greatest game ever imo.

No, I like RPG's too, just not FF.

KujaIX 17-02-2011 21:39

Yes.

And, FF9 = Best game ever. Everything it has is perfect; multi-dimensional characters with significant backstory and development(LOL at LoZ having this), plot is amazing and veers between a light hearted tone and darkness, Music is immense - Nobuo Uematsu is legendary, Locations are memorable and each unique in it's own way.

Everything in that game is perfect... The people who actually play the game and aren't repulsed by it's art style regularly consider it the best ever.

I can argue for days on this point.. Corzioli knows this. :D

hdcantona 17-02-2011 21:42

I don't know about the other guy who I'm not friends with, but the one I am friends with said FF9 too.

The style puts me of tbh.

fwiw, I still believe OoT = best game ever.

KujaIX 17-02-2011 22:09

Well stop being so presumptuous and play games regardless of style. FF9 is still the best game ever.

samir10 17-02-2011 22:14

world of tanks FTW! man i'm so addicted it's like a drug can't stop playing. i play it everyday to 5 am man this is some crazy shit not that gay game like ff :S

KujaIX 17-02-2011 22:19

Final Fantasy smashed 'World of Tanks' into the ground. Lol at that game...

Bunnee 17-02-2011 22:20

Android? Try MiniSquadron. Awesome game
ouch, thought it was Tank Hero...

hdcantona 17-02-2011 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 927627)
Well stop being so presumptuous and play games regardless of style. FF9 is still the best game ever.

What do you mean 'sto pbeing so presumptuous'

I've never said it was a bad game, simply that the style puts me off wanting to play it.

Also - why would I play a game in a style I don't like?

that's like saying 'just eat the food regardless of the taste'

KujaIX 17-02-2011 22:33

No. It's like saying "Eat the food regardless of what it looks like"..

The only off-putting part of the game is the graphics and sprite models, that is all. And yet, they're only visual aids.. So push past that and play it. I don't want to play OOT as the graphics apall me - It's like saying that.

And me saying "Don't be presumptuous" was me presuming you hadn't played the game, and if you'd seen it, you wouldn't have given it a fair chance due to the graphics and style.

hdcantona 17-02-2011 22:39

What food looks like influences the taste. Same with drinks.

Believe it or not, if you dye white wine red, even professional wine tasters will believe it's red wine.

I see what you're saying, and that's more than fair enough - fwiw, if the graphics of OoT actually did appall you then that's more than fair enough if you don't want to play it based on that.

I'm not a graphics whore, gameplay is the most important thing to me, but I do strongly dislike the graphical style of FF - it's my taste, and that may change with time.

Some games I've been put off playing by style then tried them and enjoyed (like Wind Waker) and others I've played despite being put off by their style and still not enjoyed (critically acclaimed but underachieving sales wise Okami - just never got in to it)

samir10 17-02-2011 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 927634)
Final Fantasy smashed 'World of Tanks' into the ground. Lol at that game...

i know ff is great game but i don't like it, but it's just me. i'm not very much into wow games but world of tanks is similar to wow it's wot lol and very addictive. you can try it, it's free and you can download it in no time less than 2gb, it's still beta.
funny fact. the other day i was playing and there was some guy with nickname Kuja_22 sth like that. i instantly added him as friend thinking he was you, member of this forum lol.

Bunnee 17-02-2011 22:55

Hehe, I'm not fan of FF either. And I own FFXIII

KujaIX 17-02-2011 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdcantona (Post 927657)
What food looks like influences the taste. Same with drinks.

Believe it or not, if you dye white wine red, even professional wine tasters will believe it's red wine.

I see what you're saying, and that's more than fair enough - fwiw, if the graphics of OoT actually did appall you then that's more than fair enough if you don't want to play it based on that.

I'm not a graphics whore, gameplay is the most important thing to me, but I do strongly dislike the graphical style of FF - it's my taste, and that may change with time.

Some games I've been put off playing by style then tried them and enjoyed (like Wind Waker) and others I've played despite being put off by their style and still not enjoyed (critically acclaimed but underachieving sales wise Okami - just never got in to it)

Well ofcourse with your subconscious fooling you into believing it's something else and what colours appeal to you. Still, without splitting hairs - It's more the look argument than taste argument.

The graphics don't appall me. I still play games from the '90s. I just never liked the gameplay, graphics, characters or story of LoZ. None of it impresses me and i just generally don't want to play it.

I know it's your taste, i just wouldn't generally be put off by the style of a game... If i could be bothered and hadn't established myself as a staunch hater of LoZ i would probably try it, however people have influenced me to not try it etc.

And yes, i know of Okami(I know a lot about games) but never played it..

hdcantona 17-02-2011 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 927681)
Well ofcourse with your subconscious fooling you into believing it's something else and what colours appeal to you. Still, without splitting hairs - It's more the look argument than taste argument.

The graphics don't appall me. I still play games from the '90s. I just never liked the gameplay, graphics, characters or story of LoZ. None of it impresses me and i just generally don't want to play it.

I know it's your taste, i just wouldn't generally be put off by the style of a game... If i could be bothered and hadn't established myself as a staunch hater of LoZ i would probably try it, however people have influenced me to not try it etc.

And yes, i know of Okami(I know a lot about games) but never played it..

My point was that the look of the food affects how it will taste.

I know they don't (I guessed they didn't really) you should give it a go at some point.

Well, like I said, it's put me off before, some games I was put off by I've grown to love, others (like Okami) not so much.

Quinni 17 18-02-2011 01:54

Haha naaa im not gay I do see where your coming from though. do love me some final fantasy can see why some gay peeps and chicks dig it for all that lovey dovey crap though. Zelda is pretty good too just never really had chance to play it much.

JohnnyWunderboy 18-02-2011 02:35

FFVII > the universe
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
PSN is a godsend for making it available for download on the PS3.