The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Mr. Milanista 03-06-2011 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl (Post 1018696)
Somebody please post this link in the :star:Ronaldo:star: thread.
Ppl forget that ronaldo had and still has every piece of flashy move that made Ronaldinho so famous. It's just at his peak he would prefer to use his body or pace which was unmatched. I remember him making a defender fall with a a fake in the brasilero. :proud: Fat, old and out of shape and he's still>>>>(insert name)
:o

Done. :) :thumbsup:

drucurl 03-06-2011 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Milanista (Post 1018699)
Done. :) :thumbsup:

Much appreciated.:)

acmilan4ever 05-06-2011 06:03

@Dru,

Pitacodogringo: Brazil coach Mano Menezes has said that Ronaldo is likely to get a 15 minute run out vs Romania on Tuesday. wonder if they'll let him score?

drucurl 05-06-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmilan4ever (Post 1020191)
@Dru,

Pitacodogringo: Brazil coach Mano Menezes has said that Ronaldo is likely to get a 15 minute run out vs Romania on Tuesday. wonder if they'll let him score?

That's FANTASTIC :eek: Thanks soo much bro :thumbsup:

acmilan4ever 05-06-2011 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl (Post 1020358)
That's FANTASTIC :eek: Thanks soo much bro :thumbsup:

Your welcome, i just hope he scores one :proud:

neutral 09-06-2011 11:56

Can we maybe have the option of crossing out words in our posts, so you can see the word but it has a line going through. Im not sure if anyone knows what im talking about, but i can provide a link to another forum to show an example if need be. Most forums use the [-] , [/-] tags. I tried them here and they dont work, unless im being dumb and this forum has the option but use different tags?

Madridista 09-06-2011 16:52

That always seemed lame to me.

Dinar 09-06-2011 17:00

Why ‘rape’ is not an acceptable footballing term.
June 9th, 2011

Quote:

There is something which is annoying me. No, it angers me, like no other issue in football at present. It isn’t the increased wages, the greed of players, the rise in ticket prices, or even Arsenal’s lack of trophies. The increasing use of the word ‘rape’ by football fans and pundits to describe certain events in football is the one thing I most despise about the modern game.

But it’s only a word I hear some of you say. To you, maybe. But to thousands of women in the UK alone and MILLIONS worldwide, it is a word which represents a life-changing event, in which the perpetrator most likely escaped without punishment. It destroys families and causes women the globe over to kill themselves.

It is certainly far more than ‘just a word’ and it’s repeated use to describe trivial events diminishes the shock value it should carry. A word like ‘rape’ should make you cringe at the very thought of it. As a society we should be disgusted by the very thought of the word so heinous is the actual act.

I had this discussion via Twitter a while back when I was asked what the difference was between using the word ‘raped’ and the words ‘murdered’ ‘battered’ or some other similar way of describing a footballing event. Well, I’ve known one person who has been murdered, a few who have been battered, and a sickeningly high number of women who have been raped. I won’t speak to the murder, I believe that comparison is too far-fetched, perhaps because the use of the word ‘murdered’ has become common place, or perhaps because it is used in other areas of life to describe something extreme and not just football.

Murder is murder and it will always be so, but rape? Well that is an epidemic and already it is a subject which is not taken as seriously as it should be. It ruins the lives of everyone it touches and the continued and increased use of it by fans and pundits diminishes the word every time it is uttered to express anything other than a forced sexual act.

I don’t expect everyone to agree, and while it will come across as incredibly sexist of me to say it, I expect those who disagree to be men who have never had to watch their wife, mother , daughter, or sister try and repair their lives after being the victim of such an horrific form of attack. I’ve yet to see or hear of a woman using it as way to describe one team beating another comprehensively.

There is a reason for this.


You might think that this is a whole big fuss over nothing, but to compare being badly beaten in football match to being held down and forcibly sodomised is insulting. Think about that for a minute. Think about how you would feel had that happened to you, now think about losing your precious football match and tell me they are even remotely the same thing.

If you don’t care that every time you use the word outside of its proper context you diminish both the severity of the act and the impact it has on the woman and those who love her then I doubt there is anything I can say to make you stop.

To the rest of you, all I ask is that you please reconsider your use of the word. Think about the memories and trauma you stir up each time a rape victim reads that word. Don’t you think she’s suffered enough without having he ‘experience’ likened to a heavy defeat in a football game?
http://www.leannehurley.com/wordpres...tballing-term/

Hope people (not all of course) will think twice before posting the term again in other threads relating to football.

drucurl 09-06-2011 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinar (Post 1022937)
Why ‘rape’ is not an acceptable footballing term.
June 9th, 2011



http://www.leannehurley.com/wordpres...tballing-term/

Hope people (not all of course) will think twice before posting the term again in other threads relating to football.

If you want to delete "rape" then you might as well delete murder, slaughter, massacre, thrash etc. Murder and manslaugher are considered more serious crimes than rape but some people understand what a METAPHOR is :rolleyes:

Congo Powers 09-06-2011 17:41


SouthClaw 09-06-2011 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinar (Post 1022937)
Murder is murder and it will always be so, but rape? Well that is an epidemic and already it is a subject which is not taken as seriously as it should be. It ruins the lives of everyone it touches and the continued and increased use of it by fans and pundits diminishes the word every time it is uttered to express anything other than a forced sexual act.

:star:

Jasper 09-06-2011 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1022950)
[youtube]w_Rut4qm33g[youtube]

y?

Ashish 09-06-2011 19:41

so kuja hasnt returned after he doing a Ashish with another account, I am impressed kuja :thumbsup: whats up with bitching folks, why dont you guys delete pirlo thread and give full access to our fellow rossoneris :D

Corzioli 10-06-2011 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl (Post 1022946)
If you want to delete "rape" then you might as well delete murder, slaughter, massacre, thrash etc. Murder and manslaugher are considered more serious crimes than rape but some people understand what a METAPHOR is :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsu p::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumb sup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thu mbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::t humbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star: :thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::sta r::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup::s tar::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup::thumbsup: :star::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::thumbsup:


The irony of all this is, most 'gentlemanly' prudes are actually closet goths..closet barbarians..when put to the litmus test their true colour gushes out.

The perfect gentleman Tiger Woods, hmmm..that clip with him swearing very close to a camera after a bungled shot sticks..the REAL him burst out under excess pressure, not even a 5-star PR agency can save whatever he has left of his career now.

Or Anthony Weiner, the Dem Rep.......................

Ashish 10-06-2011 05:00

I think rape is one of the most heinous crime but it has a ring to it in football ....sorry

for example Pirlo was butt raped by flamini in 2008 CL even though that was one of the saddest campaign of this decade but that sentence has a :star: to it. flamini thanks maestro for the huge paycheck followed that year

I never agreed about banning words but this word can be avoided but I just love to use it in football forum without even thinking about the true meaning

fredrik9 10-06-2011 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1023177)
I think rape is one of the most heinous crime but it has a ring to it in football ....sorry

for example Pirlo was butt raped by flamini in 2008 CL even though that was one of the saddest campaign of this decade but that sentence has a :star: to it. flamini thanks maestro for the huge paycheck followed that year

I never agreed about banning words but this word can be avoided but I just love to use it in football forum without even thinking about the true meaning

"Rape has a ring to it". Yeah, that would come from Ashish. W-o-w.

Marcus 10-06-2011 13:18

It's used as a comparative and a hyperbole at that. It helps bring out a picture of what the person said it had in mind - of total and utter domination. Since we're talking football players, the picture is also far from the real thing - for example, even if I sit here trying, I can't imagine Flams raping Pirlo. My brain won't do that. So it does the next best thing and remembers the tackles, the closing downs and the fact that it was Kaka who was raped that game, not Pirlo.

I doubt the groups Milan fans and raped people have a huge overlap. Even then, if they find it so hard to read the word, there are global word blockers for every browser. For me, the only way the sentence "Flamini raped Pirlo" would be offensive and hurtful is if at the very moment I read it, Flams was doing the same to me. And the chances of that are very small indeed.

Sage 10-06-2011 13:44

people should go post at unicef forums if they dont like reading "certain words"

Whats next? are we going to have a "real men dont buy women" thread?

fredrik9 10-06-2011 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 1023287)
It's used as a comparative and a hyperbole at that. It helps bring out a picture of what the person said it had in mind - of total and utter domination. Since we're talking football players, the picture is also far from the real thing - for example, even if I sit here trying, I can't imagine Flams raping Pirlo. My brain won't do that. So it does the next best thing and remembers the tackles, the closing downs and the fact that it was Kaka who was raped that game, not Pirlo.

I doubt the groups Milan fans and raped people have a huge overlap. Even then, if they find it so hard to read the word, there are global word blockers for every browser. For me, the only way the sentence "Flamini raped Pirlo" would be offensive and hurtful is if at the very moment I read it, Flams was doing the same to me. And the chances of that are very small indeed.

A moderator defends the use of the word "rape".

I have never used this thing before, but now I will: :fp:

Would you use the word "rape" in every day talk? At work? With your parents?

What's the difference between using this word and words like "murder" or similar? "Murder" is quite far fetched, and it's used in other aspects of life as well, describing other things than something that happens in football. "Rape" isn't. It's becoming unique in football talk.

I am sure those using the word don't have a sister, a mother, a girlfriend or a friend, male or female, who has been raped. And then witnessing them trying to repair and restore their lives after such an horrible experience. Something many of them still live with each day for the rest of their lives.

And again, no, there is no comparison between using words like "murder", "batter" and "slaughter", and "rape".

For those who use it here, I suggest you start using it every day life as well. And we'll see how that goes.

I'm not better than you. I used the word frequently here until someone made a remark about. And that made me think. That's an ability I hope most Milan fans have, as compared to Merda monkeys who can barely speak.

I'm not suggesting banning the word, because free speech is kind of a cool thing.

But people think about it. For fucks sake.

Wet Ones 10-06-2011 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredrik9 (Post 1023309)
A moderator defends the use of the word "rape".

I have never used this thing before, but now I will: :fp:

Would you use the word "rape" in every day talk? At work? With your parents?

What's the difference between using this word and words like "murder" or similar? "Murder" is quite far fetched, and it's used in other aspects of life as well, describing other things than something that happens in football. "Rape" isn't. It's becoming unique in football talk.

I am sure those using the word don't have a sister, a mother, a girlfriend or a friend, male or female, who has been raped. And then witnessing them trying to repair and restore their lives after such an horrible experience. Something many of them still live with each day for the rest of their lives.

And again, no, there is no comparison between using words like "murder", "batter" and "slaughter", and "rape".

For those who use it here, I suggest you start using it every day life as well. And we'll see how that goes.

I'm not better than you. I used the word frequently here until someone made a remark about. And that made me think. That's an ability I hope most Milan fans have, as compared to Merda monkeys who can barely speak.

I'm not suggesting banning the word, because free speech is kind of a cool thing.

But people think about it. For fucks sake.

For once fredrik, :star:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:24.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.