Problems + Suggestions

Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?

• Total voters

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To the admins of the forum, I would like to thank you guys for providing us a forum. I think that you guys do a good job, but there are some case and problem in the forums that you guys can look into it.

Case
I was surfing through the forum when I suddenly found an interested old topic, however the topic was moved to Maldini thread, which make me surf through 16 over pages to find the actual posting.

Problem
Personally I feel that the thread for the players are becoming very messy due to too many topic in one thread. And it is making the forumer's life difficult for us to track down old topic. Some interesting topics that we may want people to read may also be flooded out by new topic.Honest speaking while I respect the changes of dumping all the topic into one thread but I still prefer
the old method, where people can start new thread on Milan players.

Suggestion
Prehaps we can set new sub forum for each Milan player, so that forumers can start new thread on the players forum. It will make our life easier and I feel that the forums will be better organised in this way

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One thread per player is sufficient. Even if I have a fairly good memory for posts + their location I rather search one thread than try to dig up threads that are buried somewhere on page 45 + the title of which I might have forgotten.

People have trouble using the current very simple system, what you suggest would create chaos. Personally I would not bother sifting through 25 birthday threads, 200+ 'Player XXX joining Club YYY' rumor threads etc... but simply add to the chaos + start a new thread. You get my drift ~ what you suggest is more or less the legalisation of spamming ;)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Each thread has it's own "Search this thread" option (at the top of it, right side of the screen, right above the first post). And the search in vBulletin is very very good to say the least. You should give it a try.

Your input is much appreciated but it won't be applied as it's unfeasable.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
i got a suggestion , change the date to 2011 in the kaka wants real news !!

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou
Idea!

i got a suggestion..why can only the admins change their sub names like Primevera player etc and type w/e they want... why only them...it would be good if other members could have this option too.... :) :)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Super Moderators, Moderators and ex-Moderators can too. Riccardo as well. ;)

I'll think about it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
What's the situation with streams? Were they illegal to link in a forum?
I think the stream question is going to pop-up during every game so it would be nice to have a sticky thread in the games forum if it's allowed. It would need someone who knows about that stuff too. I'm way behind and would need some guidance...
Board thoughts?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think linking to them is illegal.

Sites that deal with them have been featured on Wired Magazine (wired.com) during the World Cup. I doubt that would've happened had it been illegal to link to streams.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
But why was Maxxed closed then? I know they don't allow links there anymore.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They were offering torrents not streams.

Plus, it's still alive somewhere. You just need to find it. :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Milanista4_Life said:
i got a suggestion..why can only the admins change their sub names like Primevera player etc and type w/e they want... why only them...it would be good if other members could have this option too.... :) :)
It would be wonderful :rolleyes:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Could you make something like that into the Multimedia aswell? I'm thinking of the "How to download from youtube, google" problem.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
David said:
Super Moderators, Moderators and ex-Moderators can too. Riccardo as well. ;)
Ex-mods definitely can't *change* it. I'd like mine reset to whatever the standard forum title is.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I've checked your profile and you've got the ability to change your custom title.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Could you make something like that into the Multimedia aswell? I'm thinking of the "How to download from youtube, google" problem.
You mean a guide on how to download from video sites? OK. ;) I'll make it as a sticky thread though.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
David said:
Are you sure? I've checked your profile and you've got the ability to change your custom title.
Where + how ? Unless I have to enable scripting + whatnot, which I haven't checked.... I can't.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
User CP > Edit Profile > Custom User Title.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
David said:
User CP > Edit Profile > Custom User Title.
You're kiddin me. I can edit email + password, enter BD, homepage + IM crap + additional info (biography, location, interests, occupation) + THAT'S IT.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really?

Ah, what the hell, all advanced users (>125 posts, >3 months can get custom titles).

Have at it!

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Testing.

Only 15 characters are allowed ? :(

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, what do you want to write in there, poetry?

Poems are for sigs. ;)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3 words :D it's ok nevermind :)

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Very nice suggestion !! Right now i changed it from AC Milan Legend into 58 unbeaten !
But what a pity i can't input Chinese character in that space.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
damn , i wanted to write Non-Moderator.....but i cant!!!!!!!

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
ok, how about if i type Banned! :D

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Milansom said:
ok, how about if i type Banned! :D
Yes, i was thinking this question last time:D . You can try it on April 1st, 2007.;)

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Yuchen Fish said:
Yes, i was thinking this question last time:D . You can try it on April 1st, 2007.;)

Yuchen, what is Birthday Book Messege????

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
please can any1 explain what a reciept is for on private messages i tried sendingone earlier and it asked if i wanted a reciept so not knowing what it was i said no (cancel) and it cancelled my letter

1.what is a receipt??
2.do i have to use it??
3.also what is a sticky??