The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Andrea Bertolacci Thread (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14587)

Qaas 28-12-2016 01:22

Official: Andrea Bertolacci Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Delicious (Post 2592423)
Nah, Jack was honestly awful beginning of the season. I've never seen him in such bad form. He would misplace easy passes, beat his man Niang style were the opponent would just dispossess him etc.

I think he learned better positioning over time and his driving runs are fucking insane. I think he got far too used to having the touchline to bail him out and when he shed that particular mentality he thrived.

Now it's strange, to me he doesn't seem...exceptional in the LW role anymore. It's weird how well his conversion has gone

True. He was awful in the beginning of the season. I was starting to question whether he was a good fit in Montellas system, and then bum he suddenly blossomed.
We need to sign that lw asap

Alo88 28-12-2016 07:12

Quote:

Nah, Jack was honestly awful beginning of the season. I've never seen him in such bad form. He would misplace easy passes, beat his man Niang style were the opponent would just dispossess him etc.

I think he learned better positioning over time and his driving runs are fucking insane. I think he got far too used to having the touchline to bail him out and when he shed that particular mentality he thrived.

Now it's strange, to me he doesn't seem...exceptional in the LW role anymore. It's weird how well his conversion has gone

Dito [emoji1360] Jack in our midfield kicking asses has been the bigger surprise to me than Suso's explosion since november.

Birsaforever 28-12-2016 13:43

Quote:

I agree, while Jack seems to be unreplaceable in i think we need better LW than him. Probabily, he was never that good at LW, but under Pippo, when the whole team was a disaster he was our best player by far.

Truth is that he even as a wing, he helped a lot the team in building possession and play, but he didn't create much chance to score, which is what a wing should do.

His dribbling skills are great to avoid pressing in midfield but inadequate when it comes to beat the defender

With Miha he played in a 4-4-2 which is the role he played in most of his career and is a bit different, he have less responsability in attack than playing LW in 4-3-3.

Curupira 29-12-2016 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donato (Post 2592308)
I really hope he can stay fit for the rest of the year. I think he has potential to be a starter here, he may never live up to the price tag but he can definitely play a big role for us.

He's played well but let's hold it off a bit before thinking he can start or play a big role for us.

I see him same as Kucka, a handy player off the bench that can do certain tasks well.

Kaka92 12-01-2017 22:30

how many bad passes and choices... :fp:

20 m :fp:

:fp:

Curupira 12-01-2017 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka92 (Post 2597263)
how many bad passes and choices... :fp:

20 m :fp:

:fp:

He was decent today.

mrki 12-01-2017 23:01

complete shit, again... unwatchable basically

PLEASE GO AWAY

Kaka92 12-01-2017 23:04

we didn't pay 20 m for "decent".

he is just average and not even bench warmer material, it's more than clear now after one and a half year here... he offers nothing to the team, can't defend, can't attack, makes so much mistakes, what the fuck did he can besides running around like fucking fly? :fp: i can run too, for free.

it hurts when you realise that fodderlaci+sosa costs us almost 30, you can buy awesome midfielder for that money. :(

Mr. Milanista 13-01-2017 00:47

Was actually good today :eek:

milanator 13-01-2017 02:16

Defiantly improving under Montella, overall a good game, offers skills we miss.
At the moment I´d start him over any midfielder except Locatelli, Kucka and Bona.

Ragamuffin 13-01-2017 04:28

He is clearly improved since last season

irkuysm 13-01-2017 07:18

What an actual front-f, he was so bad today seriously.

Donato 13-01-2017 08:31

People need to stop looking at his price tag, it's not his fault G can't negotiate. He's a solid contributor at the moment with room for growth. If he can stay injury free he can become good I believe.

Mario 13-01-2017 11:56

I'm sorry but did some people on here actually watch the game yesterday or does their brain just go "FODDER" whenever they see Bertolacci play?

He's played a good game (following on from his good performances vs Juve & Roma). Not an extraordinary performance or anything, but he was solid.

Andrea will never be a starter for us but he's showing that he's not a waste of time. Played a few great though balls yesterday, covered more ground than any other player and was pretty aggressive in his tackling.

Soldier_of_god 13-01-2017 12:03

sell at the end of the season for 20 mil plus if he has a few more good performances. He is never going to be any better. His current level is probably the best he can be. Not good enough. get lost.

Neruda 13-01-2017 13:52

its obvious hes suffering from lack of confidence yet people here are so fast to right him off :fp: srs as soon as they see berto they shout fodder , its a reflex nowadays ..
had a solid game yesterday .. montella is a miracle worker

Curupira 13-01-2017 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 2597377)
I'm sorry but did some people on here actually watch the game yesterday or does their brain just go "FODDER" whenever they see Bertolacci play?

He's played a good game (following on from his good performances vs Juve & Roma). Not an extraordinary performance or anything, but he was solid.

Andrea will never be a starter for us but he's showing that he's not a waste of time. Played a few great though balls yesterday, covered more ground than any other player and was pretty aggressive in his tackling.

:thumbsup: Kucka and Berto are both solid back ups.

I know many expect him to be a starter because of his price tag, but at this point all that is sunk cost and we are not likely to have some other team offer us that much for him.

Balo45 14-01-2017 21:11

Our play has improved overall since he's returned. He's added more comfort on the ball and we control matches more than the early part of the season. He shouldn't be a full starter but he's a good change of tactics sub

Curupira 16-01-2017 22:33

Starting to get his feet back. Should have had 2 goals today if he had better finishing.

He can at least be a contributor off the bench now.

Mario 17-01-2017 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balo45 (Post 2597693)
Our play has improved overall since he's returned. He's added more comfort on the ball and we control matches more than the early part of the season. He shouldn't be a full starter but he's a good change of tactics sub

He moves between the lines very well and is a very direct/quick player with the ball
His quick 1 to 1s are very effective