The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   English Premier League Thread II (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=12612)

Senatore_M84 17-05-2012 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 1354571)
Don't like Welbeck on the left tbh. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as a CAM, behind Welbeck.

ideally you'd like the duo uptop in a 2 man, but you don't have CM to support it...

Sage 17-05-2012 00:38

lampard proved this season that he can play really well in a double pivot under di matteo.

lampard/parker would be my choice for the DM spots.

although, I'm sure he'll go with parker and barry.

manutd fan 17-05-2012 00:46

I will laugh my bollocks off if we go Barry/Parker in a 4-4-2 :lol:

Though I think Hodgson will play:

-----------------Hart-------------
Johnson--Cahil------Terry---Cole
----------Parker---Lampard-------
--------------Gerrard------------
Walcot-----------------------Young
---------------Rooney-------------

Maybe Gerrard on the right with Barry in midfield.

Kalac#16 17-05-2012 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1354575)
ideally you'd like the duo uptop in a 2 man, but you don't have CM to support it...

Milner and somebody. Milner can do it all. He's too competitive/energic/strong/quick/beautiful to be overrun.

Sage 17-05-2012 00:48

gerrard should only start as an AM, and he'd be my pick ahead of Ox.

manutd fan 17-05-2012 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 1354585)
Milner and somebody. Milner can do it all. He's too competitive/energic/strong/quick/beautiful to be overrun.

In the games where we aren't playing Spain or Portugal:

---------------Welbeck-------------
--Young-------Rooney------Lennon--
----------Carrick----Milner-----------
Cole------Terry-----Lescott---Richards
-----------------Hart----------------

Tried to be realistic. f that's not good enough, then Parker at CM and Milner on the right. I seriously can't understand why Henderson is in there ahead of Carrick.

Though looking at the squad we have, Milner should play on the right as he won't get in otherwise..

edit:

I think a midfield 3 of Scholes/Carrick/Milner would be great.

Senatore_M84 17-05-2012 01:12

Seriously. What did henderson and downing prove this year?

manutd fan 17-05-2012 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1354594)
Seriously. What did henderson and downing prove this year?

Downing: 0 goals, 0 assists.

Hit the post a few times though...

hdcantona 17-05-2012 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 1354596)
Downing: 0 goals, 0 assists.

Hit the post a few times though...

one of those times from missing a penalty

necromancer 17-05-2012 06:59

All I wanna see is England play Carroll-Crouch upfront, with Ashley Young and Downing on the wings sending cross after cross.

So sad that Hodgson overlooked Crouch. England's best hope, honestly.

Micah Richards' omission is fair. He has been caught out of position way too often whenever he has played for City. And he's too fragile on top of that.

hdcantona 17-05-2012 10:41

Young's best crosses go to the back post, which I don't see Carroll making too many runs for anyway, and Downing is downing...

benjamin 17-05-2012 10:54

Lol. Liverpool is turning out to be like Leeds. They are no longer a big club, and are just living on their past glories.

They are going for Roberto Martinez as their new manager

neutral 17-05-2012 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1354442)
Lolwut?

Neutral sticking up for Manutd again, eh?

But seriously, you can't say that it doesn't happen. Them saying that Richards should be picked over Jones is like me saying that Buffon should be picked over Roma... it's just simple.

The fact that the Manutd fans here(barring Hd and yourself) are screaming and bitching at calls which are like equally weighted is what makes them bitter, not their clouded judgement or bias(arguable).

Nah dont try and change things around now, you made the point that the United fans were crying about United players that were not selected. Fact is they were making a point about poor selections in general regardless of the players clubs. Something you then agreed with later on in the thread.

Edit : They said Carrick should be picked over Henderson, Downing selection is a joke and Sturridge is better, Ferdinand should have been picked, Richards instead of Jones. Please tell me which one you disagree with and why they are being biased on the matter?

KujaIX 17-05-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral (Post 1355066)
Nah dont try and change things around now, you made the point that the United fans were crying about United players that were not selected. Fact is they were making a point about poor selections in general regardless of the players clubs. Something you then agreed with later on in the thread.

Edit : They said Carrick should be picked over Henderson, Downing selection is a joke and Sturridge is better, Ferdinand should have been picked, Richards instead of Jones. Please tell me which one you disagree with and why they are being biased on the matter?

What?

I was saying that they were bitter and complained about selections all the time. Them claiming that Richards is better than Jones doesn't change that...

You don't seem to get the point, Neutral.

I'm saying that they are bitter. There's proof of it here and now, and there has been in the past in this thread. Now, I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, and as I've already seen, Manutd has a different opinion on what Bitter means anyway. However, the point that I was trying to make was that Manutd fans seem to be bitter about England selections more than other fans, and this was true and has been said by me. I wasn't ever saying that they were biased... I did say that Manutdfan's clouded judgement didn't allow him to see every possible thing regarding England, but never did I say that the bitterness was out of bias.

I never classified my argument beyond "Manutd fans seem to be bitter. Some are biased also as the picks are close calls nearly always. I do agree that I would have picked some differently, but the bitterness exuded here is stupid and ridiculous"

Ash 17-05-2012 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 1354541)
I don't hate the england NT, but I do think your players are wankers that never give 100%

the last time I saw a decent england team, it was back in 2004.

your media are ******ed, they either belittle their opponents or completly crucify the players/coach, there is no middle ground or rational opinions, not that you can expect that from journos.

it's just that in your post, you're making united players/club look like the victims :D

I don't like the italian NT (due to the F.A and jube infestation) but I have to admire the fact that almost every player there gives 100%.

Weren't you arguing just weeks back that every country's media is the same?

:D

Ash 17-05-2012 13:04

Wonder if Kuja would have made the same arguments if Manutdfan wasn't a Man Utd fan

KujaIX 17-05-2012 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 1355134)
Wonder if Kuja would have made the same arguments if Manutdfan wasn't a Man Utd fan

I probably would have just said he's being bitter.

Him and Oneunited, two of like 5 Manutd fans here... both are incredibly bitter towards England. And kaboom! you have my point... right there.

jammin 17-05-2012 13:15

everybody hates the english national team. :lol:

Ash 17-05-2012 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1355139)
I probably would have just said he's being bitter.

Him and Oneunited, two of like 5 Manutd fans here... both are incredibly bitter towards England. And kaboom! you have my point... right there.

But what excuse would you use to explain his bitterness?

And how is it being bitter?

The names ManUfan listed were the same names most England have listed

I know for sure that:

No England fan wants Downing in the squad

England fans are surprised that Carrick and Ferdinand aren't in it

Are surprised that Glen Johnson got the nod over Micah Richards despite the latter being better and having a better season

Are surprised that the likes of Aaron Lennon, Adam Johnson and co got ignored

So, would that make most England fans bitter then?

OneUnited 17-05-2012 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammin (Post 1355146)
everybody hates the english national team. :lol:

Yep :thumbsup: