The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   English Premier League Thread II (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=12612)

Kalac#16 04-12-2011 17:53

Fucking Arsenal away again.

Got them to a replay last time but couldn't cope with Cesc and Walcott in the second leg.

necromancer 04-12-2011 20:45

I think I'm a Stoke City fan #3shotsofvodkaand4mugsofbeerspeaking?

Poor Sorensen.

Kalac#16 04-12-2011 21:09

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvmu2qNfNl1qjcdex.jpg

It's good to see David Batty is still being a champion. :cool:

crazy4milan 04-12-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1164428)
Ugh, never Anelka. Past-it journeyman.

This doesn't sound too un-Milan ;).

manutd fan 04-12-2011 21:51

"From a football fan to a football legend".

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6267/speedot.jpg

The phrase "a picture says a thousand words" is appropriate here.

manutd fan 04-12-2011 22:52

Chelsea's FA Cup draws:

05/06
3rd Round: Huddersfield
4th Round: Everton
5th Round: Colchester
6th Round: Newcastle

06/07
3rd Round: Macclesfield
4th Round: Nottingham Forest
5th Round: Norwich
6th Round: Spurs

07/08
3rd Round: QPR
4th Round: Wigan - Away
5th Round: Huddersfield
6th Round: Barnsley - Away

08/09
3rd Round: Southend
4th Round: Ipswich
5th Round: Watford - Away
6th Round: Coventry - Away

09/10
3rd Round: Watford
4th Round: Preston - Away
5th Round: Cardiff
6th Round: Stoke

10/11
3rd Round: Ipswich
4th Round: Everton

11/12
3rd Round: Portsmouth

To Summarize the 23 Draws:

18 were drawn at Stamford Bridge.
17 were against Non-Premier League Teams.
1 Away game against Premier League opposition before the neutral stages.
Every single 3rd round draw has been at home, against non-Premier League opposition

-------------

That's taking the piss.

necromancer 05-12-2011 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4milan (Post 1164932)
This doesn't sound too un-Milan ;).

I believe our preferred-signing prototype is more accurately described as 'Explosive player at his prime. Currently sulking.'

At least I'm pretending that's the case. Le Sulk might well be in Galliani's crosshairs.

neutral 05-12-2011 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 1164987)
Chelsea's FA Cup draws:
That's taking the piss.

Sort of like United's Carling cup draws and they still couldn't get through :fp: . Not to mention your CL draw.

manutd fan 05-12-2011 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral (Post 1165180)
Sort of like United's Carling cup draws and they still couldn't get through :fp: . Not to mention your CL draw.

Last season we lost in the 1st round to West Ham (away), a bogey team for us.

09/10 we drew Barnsley, Wolves, Spurs + City (Villa in the final). Hardly an easy draw. We had a great draw this season - 3 relatively easy games. That doesn't compare with 5 or 6 years of lucky draws in the FA Cup, a much more important trophy.

We haven't had piss easy CL draws every year - we just haven't had a group of death yet. There's 8 groups in the CL and you usually have 1 tough group, possibly a second. Consider yourself unlucky if you get one, but you're not lucky if you don't.

Sonny.Bill.Williams 06-12-2011 13:13

Luis Suarez involved in further Liverpool controversy after finger gesture aimed at Fulham fans after defeat

:proud::proud::proud::proud:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...rpool--007.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv...ecmho1_500.jpg

http://newsserve.net/i/20111205/146-...the-finger.jpg

@footymac:
Luis Suarez's gesture has been misunderstood. In South America, the middle finger is a sign of respect and peace towards all men.

:g:

Sage 06-12-2011 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams (Post 1165979)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I gotta say, I would really enjoy kicking this prick in the face

MilanMB 06-12-2011 13:16

Quote:

Luis Suarez's gesture has been misunderstood. In South America, the middle finger is a sign of respect and peace towards all men.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha GOLD!!!

Goodfella 06-12-2011 13:49

Gotta love Suarez:cool:

manutd fan 06-12-2011 14:09

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...r2_153335a.jpg

Ronaldo got a 1 match ban for doing this.

Dalglish had this to say: We'll look after Luis as best we can, and I think it's about time he got a bit of protection from some people.

His integrity is impeccable. He can look in the mirror and go to bed at night and sleep soundly. If other people can do that then fine. All we ask is to be fair, is to be honest."

:lol:

necromancer 06-12-2011 14:46

Quote:

@footymac:

ROTFL. What a prick.

Dinar 06-12-2011 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 1166014)
Dalglish had this to say: We'll look after Luis as best we can, and I think it's about time he got a bit of protection from some people.

His integrity is impeccable. He can look in the mirror and go to bed at night and sleep soundly. If other people can do that then fine. All we ask is to be fair, is to be honest."

:lol:

He said that when asked about chants of diving directed towards him yesterday and not this middle finger incident, isn't it?

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 15:28

Amazing human being. As england continue to harass him it only means one thing....

in about a year or two, hell be here. :g::g::g::g::g:

--

though i don't appreciate the pathetic mocking of latin american culture here by certain posters. Don't be pathetic SBW, I like to think you're above it, though you dont' often show it.

manutd fan 06-12-2011 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinar (Post 1166043)
He said that when asked about chants of diving directed towards him yesterday and not this middle finger incident, isn't it?

I think it was Dalglish adressing the whole thing, from what I've heard. Haven't seen the interview though.

"King Kenny" has been a right twat this season.

neutral 06-12-2011 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166072)
though i don't appreciate the pathetic mocking of latin american culture here by certain posters. Don't be pathetic SBW, I like to think you're above it, though you dont' often show it.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...lml0o1_500.jpg

MilanMB 06-12-2011 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166072)
Amazing human being. As england continue to harass him it only means one thing....

in about a year or two, hell be here. :g::g::g::g::g:

--

Lololololol

vampire fanboy :fp:

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1166236)
Lololololol

vampire fanboy :fp:

on an unrelated sidenote-

you take suarez out of liverpools lineup yesterday.....

carroll, bellamy, henderson, adam, spearing, enrique, skrtel, agger, johnson.

Really does that look any better/different than fulham or general english mid to bottom table side?

Daglish's rebuilding plan. Kind of shocks me as Comolli is one of better GMs in epl in terms of signings. He basically built tottenham (iirc he signed berbatov, modric, bale, among others on lowish fees), and did some good work at arsenal before that. Known for his work in foreign markets.

from wiki-

Quote:

In 1996 he joined Arsenal and spent seven seasons as a European scout and is credited with the discovery of several of Arsenal's players such as Kolo Touré, Emmanuel Eboué[2] and Gaël Clichy.

During his time at Tottenham, Comolli was responsible for Tottenham's policy of signing some of the world's brightest young talents, bringing players such as Gareth Bale, Alan Hutton, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Giovani dos Santos, Adel Taarabt and Younes Kaboul to the club.[8] Comolli was also responsible for the signings of current Tottenham first-team squad members Luka Modrić, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Heurelho Gomes, David Bentley (now at West Ham United on loan), Vedran Ćorluka and Roman Pavlyuchenko, as well as Dimitar Berbatov (now at Manchester United)
what's the point in liverpool hiring a guy known for his ability to find players in foreign markets for good prices, if they're going to blow 80 mil on questionable premier league players the manager 'wants'?

David 06-12-2011 18:57

Don't they buy players based on stats? Maybe that's what their spreadsheets ordered.

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1166245)
Don't they buy players based on stats? Maybe that's what their spreadsheets ordered.

i know comolli is known for using advanced metric's in analysis.

but beyond that NESG who owns them runs teams in america who were at the forefront of using stats, and have won/been consistent with it.

I don't know which stats told them downing and henderson were worth 20 mil each.

Sven 06-12-2011 19:01

I like Liverpool defensive players. Lucas, the CB's, Enrique... But those new midfielders I really can't see why they bought at all.

Kalac#16 06-12-2011 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166249)
i know comolli is known for using advanced metric's in analysis.

but beyond that NESG who owns them runs teams in america who were at the forefront of using stats, and have won/been consistent with it.

I don't know which stats told them downing and henderson were worth 20 mil each.

To be fair, Downing last year was worth around 15 million, they just had to overpay to get him. Henderson though, I can't say the same.

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven (Post 1166250)
I like Liverpool defensive players. Lucas, the CB's, Enrique... But those new midfielders I really can't see why they bought at all.

Yeah they do have solid defenders. Coates was a great move by comolli for a small fee.

All I can think of is Daglish wanting a british core, which he highlighted. Anytime you are that open on it, you really limit yourself and set yourself up to be taken advantage of in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 1166252)
To be fair, Downing last year was worth around 15 million, they just had to overpay to get him. Henderson though, I can't say the same.

I liked Henderson last year, he is a nice prospect, but yeah, his fee was completely unjustified.

Same with downing really (though less of a prospect more of a 'he is what he is')

I think they thought downing would get most out of carroll?

crazy4milan 06-12-2011 19:18

http://www.football18.com/wp-content...llpaper-14.jpg
Meh, fans tend to show the middle finger too. I think its pathetic to give in suspensions for it-is it only polemical when it involves non-english-? (cause I recall Rooney, Terry and others doing it).

Anyway, Ruiz had a great game yesterday, still needs to be more involved, but considering he's being used as a winger till now (I would like it if someone gave him a little stability and keep him in 1 position for over a season, though I do love his versality), pretty good improvement. Stupid Zamora missed a wonderful assist by him. Fullham is starting to look better and better. They should start collecting more Concacaf players.

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4milan (Post 1166277)
Anyway, Ruiz had a great game yesterday, still needs to be more involved, but considering he's being used as a winger till now (I would like it if someone gave him a little stability and keep him in 1 position for over a season, though I do love his versality), pretty good improvement. Stupid Zamora missed a wonderful assist by him. Fullham is starting to look better and better. They should start collecting more Concacaf players.

they need torado and palacio in CM. Bridge the gap between Ruiz and Dempsey

Maybe get a couple trini/jamaican strikers or central defenders dependin which way you are viewing the map

Calum1903 06-12-2011 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166288)

Marquez-Etuhu midfield. :thumbsup:

crazy4milan 06-12-2011 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166288)

Nah Torrado is an old bitch, they should get Marquez. (btw just thinking through good defenders/defensive players from their NT...none, but up in attack so much quality, if Ruiz wasn't playing as winger, I would say they should get Barrera).

Actually forget all that, I want Blanco in EPL :D.

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum1903 (Post 1166291)
Marquez-Etuhu midfield. :thumbsup:

you might appreciate torrado. Real asshole of a CM

Calum1903 06-12-2011 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1166303)
you might appreciate torrado. Real asshole of a CM

He was a champion and a bargain on FA Manager '99. Torrado, Dieter Eilts and Pirlo (as a striker).

neutral 06-12-2011 20:34

Quote:

Meh, fans tend to show the middle finger too. I think its pathetic to give in suspensions for it-is it only polemical when it involves non-english-? (cause I recall Rooney, Terry and others doing it).

First of all just because fans do it doesn't make it ok for players to do it. Secondly the non english are not victimized. Rooney got a 2 match ban for swearing last season.

Sage 06-12-2011 22:45

Quote:

http://www.football18.com/wp-content...llpaper-14.jpg

trying to belittle maldini so you can defend suarez, nice :thumbsup:

fertygo 06-12-2011 22:49

:fp:

I like Suarez too, but the fuck you brought maldini into this. :fp:
What a disgrace. :fp:

Senatore_M84 06-12-2011 22:59

literacy is clearly down across the globe :D

crazy4milan 06-12-2011 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 1167344)
:fp:

I like Suarez too, but the fuck you brought maldini into this. :fp:
What a disgrace. :fp:

Actually I brought it up cause to me it ain't a big deal (if it wasn't obvious by what I said after the pic, but oh well...). Yes, they shouldn't do it, but it's usually done at a moment of frustration, I don't see why it should be made an scandal (and quite frankly I think it's stuff the league shouldn't suspend players for, they should take other meassures there).

BTW, I do think Suarez should get banned for something else, and it's his consistent swearing to the refs in spanish (pretty blantant and in their face), which I actually find it funny cause apparently all the spanish experts from England/forums have missed that which is pretty well enunciated (yet, they somehow know the meaning and connotation of various words in spanish, I mean it just bugs my mind, how they haven't caught that yet, but everyone is an expert on the word "negrito").

And yes Neutral, I do think non brit players tend to get more stick than english players do in EPL in various aspects, including the amount of coverage they get when they do something "wrong" in the pitch. I guess it evens out with the pink press coverage brit players get when they do something in their private lives though.

Sage 06-12-2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 1167369)
literacy is clearly down across the globe :D

maldini pointed the middle finger at the cunts who insulted him during his lap of honor, suarez being the scum that he is probably got annoyed by the fulham fans shouting facts about him.

anyways, can't expect anything better from a diving racist prick.

manutd fan 06-12-2011 23:49

http://h7.abload.de/img/suarezg6ujn.gif

fertygo 06-12-2011 23:54

I like Suarez, I don't care if he's a prick... that's what matter. no need to defend him. Big portion of the great is a prick.