The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Anime/Manga Thread II (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14024)

Sir Crookodile 10-01-2014 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 1970734)
are you up to date with gintama?

Looking at Gintama wiki I stopped watching after eps 215 or so. (Kabukicho Four Devas Arc). This is a plot arc.

Stopped watching around there and I have no idea what happens after that - so no, not up to date.

But I haven't been up to date with anime in gernal (latest was PSycho PAss...months ago).

--

Gintama is very inconsisten but I rather watch a filler by them than Naruto or OP etc...feel free to skip episode if you think it's not in your taste. I haven't seen each and every of them for the very reason I said.

edit: I should add that the supporting cast in Gintama is much better than in other series and that's why I can tolerate Gintama fillers more. Shinpachi is the exception since he is too much of a serious-man, or how you would call it (but even he has his moments now and then)

Sage 10-01-2014 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Crookodile (Post 1970753)
Looking at Gintama wiki I stopped watching after eps 215 or so. (Kabukicho Four Devas Arc). This is a plot arc.

Stopped watching around there and I have no idea what happens after that - so no, not up to date.

But I haven't been up to date with anime in gernal (latest was PSycho PAss...months ago).

--

Gintama is very inconsisten but I rather watch a filler by them than Naruto or OP etc...feel free to skip episode if you think it's not in your taste. I haven't seen each and every of them for the very reason I said.

when does it start getting really good?

I'm willing to give it a chance if it gets good soon.

Sage 10-01-2014 18:47

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. Ao no Exorcist #12 (214,948 / 491,658)
02. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (210,266 / 459,919)
04. Toriko #28 (130,743)
06. Nisekoi #10 (93,725)
07. Haikyuu!! #9 (92,708)
09. Owari no Seraph #4 (67,479)
10. Beelzebub #25 (66,278)
19. Kinnikuman #45 (46,586)
21. Tegami Bachi #17 (42,138)
27. Kuroko no Basket #25 (37,093 / 609,969)
32. Naruto #67 (34,499 / 956,961)
36. One Piece #72 (33,209 / 2,664,403)

Sir Crookodile 10-01-2014 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 1970759)
This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. Ao no Exorcist #12 (214,948 / 491,658)
02. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (210,266 / 459,919)
04. Toriko #28 (130,743)
06. Nisekoi #10 (93,725)
07. Haikyuu!! #9 (92,708)
09. Owari no Seraph #4 (67,479)
10. Beelzebub #25 (66,278)
19. Kinnikuman #45 (46,586)
21. Tegami Bachi #17 (42,138)
27. Kuroko no Basket #25 (37,093 / 609,969)
32. Naruto #67 (34,499 / 956,961)
36. One Piece #72 (33,209 / 2,664,403)

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:

--

'Benizakura Arc' - Episodes: 58-61 Thats the first major one. If Gintama doesn't hook you with that arc, it never will, since its the best single arc Gintama has IMO. [this was comment from 09 though and not by me].

http://www.yorozuya.baratie.org/general/arcs.php - check it our if you want.

To me, Gintama had great plots. Hard to pick which I enjoyed most since they were pretty badass. Was a while I saw them though but still - feeling was great.

Sage 10-01-2014 18:55

haha now that you highlighted beelzebub, if you remember I told you I watched the first 5 episodes and thought it sucked, when does beelzebub get good?

I want to give shows I ditched like gintama and beelzebub a 2nd chance, but I feel like it'll be hard to get invested with gintama tbh.

Sir Crookodile 10-01-2014 19:01

Know what you mean, long-running shows DOES require a bit of time. But for the very same reason, you could just jump around from 1 arc to another 1 in Gintama. At the same time, Gintama is a lot about humour more than anything else - sure, the actual plot is serious but the rest are fillers and if you want "seriousness" then I think you should drop Gintama wholly.

And Beelzebub anime, even back thne, I never recommended it. I even dropped the anime halfways >_>. I wish for it to never been created..sorry to the makers :(.

damn 10-01-2014 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamminsheva (Post 1970710)
Like that no good two timer son of a bitch Maldiniac. :head:

what maldiniac do?

maldiniac :proud:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfat (Post 1970720)
It's an internet forum. You think people use their real personality here. :rolleyes:

are you really trying to tell me you are not also a bitter anti-swag troll in real life too :devilehh:

Casualista 10-01-2014 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1970783)

are you really trying to tell me you are not also a bitter anti-swag troll in real life too :devilehh:

Bitter? :o

Dont know the meaning of the word. My eloquence in critique just gives you that impression. :o

This is me on computer or whatsapp

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/..._f4b0_682c.jpg

ikita 10-01-2014 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfat (Post 1970720)
It's an internet forum. You think people use their real personality here. :rolleyes:

the way I see it, its easy to be true to yourself when you've got nothing worth hiding. =\

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1970783)
what maldiniac do?

maldiniac :proud:

where is brother maldiniac? I have not seen him around for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

judas a bitter anti-swag troll? :lol:

my supposition is that judas is just that good.

Casualista 10-01-2014 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikita (Post 1970872)
the way I see it, its easy to be true to yourself when you've got nothing worth hiding. =\

where is brother maldiniac? I have not seen him around for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

judas a bitter anti-swag troll? :lol:

my supposition is that judas is just that good.

Thats a myth propagated by 4chan :o.

I dont believe the general mean-ness posters have towards each other would exist if they were talking face to face. And thats not because of fake social courtesy, but you just understand people better because there is better communication.

Not an anti swag troll. Just a good critique. :o

Im a bit pompous in real life, but the matters of swag and balotelli dont really dominate my thoughts. It's more labor laws, welfare policy, and world trade.

Master Yoda 10-01-2014 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfat (Post 1970891)

I dont believe the general mean-ness posters have towards each other would exist if they were talking face to face. And thats not because of fake social courtesy, but you just understand people better because there is better communication.

Im a bit pompous in real life, but the matters of swag and balotelli dont really dominate my thoughts. It's more labor laws, welfare policy, and world trade.

You speak truth, wise...this one is. Agree with your post i do.

Casualista 10-01-2014 22:22

And i tried 3 episodes of kill la kill.

Animation is good.

I wouldnt call it bad, but i guess it's not my taste.

Although props for concept.... But i recently read it isnt that new, and could have been plagarized a bit.

Casualista 10-01-2014 22:47

Can anyone review texhnolyze and serial experiments: lain, for me? Look like two interesting underrated shows.

ikita 10-01-2014 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfat (Post 1970891)

whether its a myth that's been seen on 4chan or not, is not rly my concern. It makes sense in theory, and is proven in real life contexts to which constitute, but are not limited to, my social experiences...perhaps its just been phrased poorly for you.

general mean-ness of posters? yes I can see that being true as well. text-based conversations do not transmit sentiments and emotions that well. face to face is a world of difference.

however, eventually toxic personalities would start to show through the faces of those who maintain it gleefully/unknowingly. I can see it being much easier, in this aspect, to just be who you actually are on the internet. because it can provide such a great mask to hide behind, it is almost the same as there being no mask to hide behind. the need for it, becomes almost unnecessary, I should say. I guess, what I want to say is that, its true to a limit. and there'll be some incompatibilities which individuals just wont be able to see beyond. and as the general desire to understand one's fellow man is decaying, this would increasingly become less true, or rather, it would just become a dying artform. like letter-writing. lol.

I would insinuate that, if an individual sees the need to be someone else on the internet, or act in a manner different to how they usually act in real life, then, there is something that would or should be of concern to that person.

Pharaoh 10-01-2014 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikita (Post 1970920)
whether its a myth that's been seen on 4chan or not, is not rly my concern. It makes sense in theory, and is proven in real life contexts to which constitute, but are not limited to, my social experiences...perhaps its just been phrased poorly for you.

general mean-ness of posters? yes I can see that being true as well. text-based conversations do not transmit sentiments and emotions that well. face to face is a world of difference.

however, eventually toxic personalities would start to show through the faces of those who maintain it gleefully/unknowingly. I can see it being much easier, in this aspect, to just be who you actually are on the internet. because it can provide such a great mask to hide behind, it is almost the same as there being no mask to hide behind. the need for it, becomes almost unnecessary, I should say.

I would insinuate that, if an individual sees the need to be someone else on the internet, or act in a manner different to how they usually act in real life, then, there is something, that would or should be of concern to that person.

I think you guys are viewing it too black and white,its this or that while in reality its a mix of both. Some personality traits come out online while others are suppresed whether intentionally or not. Really big personalities however,in my opinion tend to show more while those who are more withdrawn and reclusive might seem normal online unbeknownst to the people speaking to them or themselves. Its also easier to come off a certain way, for example,little kids tend to be a pain in the ass because they like to potray themselves (ones ive seen anyway) as this older hardass guy. The same concept actually applies to anyone behind a computer regardless of whatever means they use to communicate to others.

Years ago when i used to be obsessive over games and had an xbox,friends and aquintences id talk to would act a bit different when i talked to them through live party vs in real life. While little kids on cod would put together an incoherent string of obscenities about ones mother and so on so forth.

This rant aside,it isnt black and white.

Casualista 10-01-2014 23:19

@ikita:The lack of responsibility attatched on internet can bring out some unsavory aspects in everyone but i doubt it can be used as a very good judge of overall character. Consider a drone pilot, it is very easy for him to click the trigger sitting in his LA hotel, but not very easy to pull the trigger face to face. Both aspects are just reality of imperfect human nature. I wouldnt read into just the drone aspect and discern - he is a heartless guy.

Now there are purely malicious people on the internet... The kind of guys that might force a random girl to commit suicide... The pedos and predators... But i guess rnb isnt where you find these characters. So i'll be very careful to give an overarching view of any poster over just some posts.

damn 10-01-2014 23:26

Yeah guys it's like when I talk to black people I always adopt an accent. :proud:

Sage 10-01-2014 23:30

wtf is up with this kill la kill animation, it's all over the place :fp: :lol:

Sir Crookodile 11-01-2014 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1970956)
Yeah guys it's like when I talk to black people I always adopt an accent. :proud:

:lol::lol: my sister does this to relatives (she unknownly changes her dialect over the phone).
--
You all bring valid points and they can all be seen from different views.

Ex: a guy who feel miserable and troubled in RL, his very own flesh-and-bone character...if he starts cultivating himself in a fictional character (MMO/MMORPG/you get the deal) and not reflecting himself in the RL...should we judge him for having this "mask"? I'm sure there are plenty of more cases.

Quick view would say goes like: honesty/no mask - caution of integrity - mask. All instances are fine depending on the environment. As much as I love this forum, I wouldn't venture out and go "no-mask" if I'm pressed on very serious questions. And no one sjould :lol:.

--

For most of the "pain in the ass" guys out there, there is one I would like to avoid at all cost. The psychopath. Y know, the one who truly lacks empathy, yet can manipulate other people around him...would be very frustrating for the "victim" if they fall in love/it's a relative/etc etc...you'r already in deep shit when it starta to unfold. Have read so many stories about tbis that such a character feels unbelieavble but unfortunately they exist :/.

Edit: technolyzes was very meh first episode. That was all I saw...I just remebered it had very dark (lightning) and was disorienting.... so I barely saw a thing. But was a while ago. You shoudl judge yourself :thumbsup:

ikita 11-01-2014 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharaoh (Post 1970930)
I think you guys are viewing it too black and white,its this or that while in reality its a mix of both. Some personality traits come out online while others are suppresed whether intentionally or not. Really big personalities however,in my opinion tend to show more while those who are more withdrawn and reclusive might seem normal online unbeknownst to the people speaking to them or themselves. Its also easier to come off a certain way, for example,little kids tend to be a pain in the ass because they like to potray themselves (ones ive seen anyway) as this older hardass guy. The same concept actually applies to anyone behind a computer regardless of whatever means they use to communicate to others.

Years ago when i used to be obsessive over games and had an xbox,friends and aquintences id talk to would act a bit different when i talked to them through live party vs in real life. While little kids on cod would put together an incoherent string of obscenities about ones mother and so on so forth.

This rant aside,it isnt black and white.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfat (Post 1970945)
@ikita:The lack of responsibility attatched on internet can bring out some unsavory aspects in everyone but i doubt it can be used as a very good judge of overall character. Consider a drone pilot, it is very easy for him to click the trigger sitting in his LA hotel, but not very easy to pull the trigger face to face. Both aspects are just reality of imperfect human nature. I wouldnt read into just the drone aspect and discern - he is a heartless guy.

Now there are purely malicious people on the internet... The kind of guys that might force a random girl to commit suicide... The pedos and predators... But i guess rnb isnt where you find these characters. So i'll be very careful to give an overarching view of any poster over just some posts.

yes yes, and this is all good, fair, cautious, logical points. :thumbsup::star:

well done.

for my part, being on a forum is the equivalent of counting sheep; I use it just to pass time. it does not generally oblige anything further from me. but now and then i meet nice people like you guys. only then do i commit a more, generous portion of my attention/personality/judgment/character.

otherwise...:sleep: