The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   AC Milan Transfers (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=15768)

Ronin 19-12-2020 06:58

Just bring back Borriello out of retirement. Ibra is teaching these kids how to be champions, but who'll teach them how to be handsome?

Nevermore 19-12-2020 07:21

********** - Milan in search of a deputy Ibrahimovic: from Edouard to Jovic and Scamacca, here are the names in the sights

A bolt from the blue. The umpteenth injury of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the second in a few weeks, has upset the plans of Pioli, who hoped to have the Swede at least on the bench against Sassuolo and then exploit his full potential in the last match of 2020 with Lazio. It will not be like this: to see Ibra again on the pitch we will have to wait for the new year. Now the hope is that Milan, which remains one of the youngest teams in Europe, will be able to take the blow without going to the mat, as it did in the many matches already played without the Malm? totem pole.

WANTED VICE - The stop by Ibrahimovic has brought to light the problem: there is a need for a reliable deputy with first-rate characteristics. Because Leao and Rebic are not and they struggle to cut into the heart of the attack. AC Milan, however, would like an element that can collect Zlatan's legacy over time. In short, not another "old man", but a quality young man to alternate with the holder of the chair. For this reason, as reported by **********, shots like Mandzukic or Giroud are to be excluded, at least for the moment, while it is necessary to evaluate the costs and timing of the insertion of a player like Milik.

IN THE SIGHT - Among the profiles that Milan are evaluating are those of Edouard of Celtic, born in '98, but also of Jovic ('97) and Scamacca ('99), a talent owned by Sassuolo, but currently on loan to Genoa . Attention, then, to the role of Mino Raiola: the manager is on good terms with the Rossoneri club and it cannot be ruled out that he may propose to Maldini his client, such as the Dutch Malen of PSV Eindhoven (25 goals in 21 matches this season but it costs a lot) or Boadu from AZ Alkmaar.

Goodfella 19-12-2020 07:23

Graziano Pelle
Sebastien Haller
Gianluca Scamacca
Bas Dost
Olivier Giroud

We need one of them now and two by the summer when Ibra retires.

IL Diavolo 3 19-12-2020 07:23

Ibra will be out for at least a month.

Alo88 19-12-2020 07:30

Why would anyone want a flawed, ill-minded, failed Serie B player as Zlatan replacement?

Mooja better stay away. We all know that Maldini and Massara read this forum and we better do not make them have bad ideas.

Milan10 19-12-2020 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 (Post 3218888)
Ibra will be out for at least a month.

1 match at a time.

Let?s enjoy this season and this squad.

joyrider 19-12-2020 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella (Post 3218887)
Graziano Pelle
Sebastien Haller
Gianluca Scamacca
Bas Dost
Olivier Giroud

We need one of them now and two by the summer when Ibra retires.

Giroud or Scammaca

Dost and Haller should be plan b and c

Milan10 19-12-2020 08:32

I’m not sure I could stand to see Scamacca’s neck tattoo for an extended period of time, guys.

He seems talented but risky. We need to play it safe and take a trip to Haaland.

Nevermore 19-12-2020 08:35

We don't need another oldie, unless half a year loan.
long term solution please

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 08:52

GdS: Against Sassuolo, Pioli will field in attack Saele, Calhanoglu, Rebic and Leao as center forward. For the rest, all confirmed.

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 08:55

Tutto Sport: Musacchio-Milan, a possible contract termination by mutual consent in January.

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 08:57

CorSport: Waiting for the transfer market, Leao is the first reinforcement for the Milan attack. Now Pioli wants to get the best of Leao.

GdS: After Ibrahimovic's injury Milan could go hunting for a new striker. The idea is Giroud, even if the Frenchman is fine at Chelsea at the moment.

But the priority is still defense, with Kabak in pole position.

Corrriere della Sera: from Milan filters the desire NOT to return to the market to buy a new striker. They will continue to focus on Rebic and Leao. Priority to defense.

Milan10 19-12-2020 09:05

Giroud could be a good deal and he’d likely be effective in Serie A.

I’m interested to see if Pioli sticks with the 4231 or tries something different with Ibra’s prolonged absence. 4222 or 442 are all I can really think of as options.

I’m expecting one match with our available players in their best roles... this is a huge opportunity for Leao. He may start in place of Ibrahimovic for the league leaders in Serie A... I hope to god be seizes this opportunity and does what he can do.

brk 19-12-2020 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vB9 (Post 3218851)
Utterly shameful behaviour from elliott...

Isn't it exactly what they did with Milan?

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan10 (Post 3218897)
Giroud could be a good deal and he?d likely be effective in Serie A.

I?m interested to see if Pioli sticks with the 4231 or tries something different with Ibra?s prolonged absence. 4222 or 442 are all I can really think of as options.

I?m expecting one match with our available players in their best roles... this is a huge opportunity for Leao. He may start in place of Ibrahimovic for the league leaders in Serie A... I hope to god be seizes this opportunity and does what he can do.

A 4-4-2 with Leao-Rebic together, Hakan-Saele on the sides for now. In case we bring Hauge it becomes 4-2-3-1 again.

brk 19-12-2020 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan10 (Post 3218897)
Giroud could be a good deal and he?d likely be effective in Serie A.

I?m interested to see if Pioli sticks with the 4231 or tries something different with Ibra?s prolonged absence. 4222 or 442 are all I can really think of as options.

I?m expecting one match with our available players in their best roles... this is a huge opportunity for Leao. He may start in place of Ibrahimovic for the league leaders in Serie A... I hope to god be seizes this opportunity and does what he can do.

I'm thinking the same. He's been playing Hakan on the left whenever Brahim plays central, so a 442 with Rebic closer to Leao isn't entirely different.

He can still cut inside and leave space for Theo on the left.

Ronin 19-12-2020 09:28

4-4-2 with Rebic-Samu upfront, Calabria as RM. Not sure I like Hakan at LM

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 09:28

Gazidis:

On the recent performance of the team: "I am very satisfied with the performance of the team, but we have to keep our feet firmly on the ground, this is still the beginning of a project for a club that has gone through so many vicissitudes in this decade. What we are trying to give back is the pride to this team, by doing things differently above all from how they do them here in Italy. We have the youngest team of the five most important leagues, which is incredible considering that Zlatan with his 39 years raises the average terribly, even with Zlatan we are the youngest team. We are radically reviewing all the processes for Milan and in general the way of doing football in Italy. We are fighting even if we have not won anything for now, there are no trophies, in short, we are at the beginning.

On the Pioli-Ibrahimovic-Maldini trident and on what they brought to Milan: "The thing I'm very happy about is the leadership we are showing, not only in Zlatan which obviously is like an umbrella for all the players, he feels at comfortable withstanding pressure and helping young players grow. But we have other leaders on the team, I can't name them all, but even the younger players have a great mentality. I think Milan fans are enjoying a growing team, where the players show passion and pride and a total commitment to the team. Then of course we have Stefano Pioli who was fantastic putting all these players together, with a great sense of unity and with a common goal. The third element of this triumvirate is Paolo Maldini who represents the club, he is the club but not only for what he represents for the past but also for what he is today. Paolo is doing an incredible job to recreate an image of Milan for the future generation, keeping the club's values ​​intact because he knows them so well but also thinks about them for the future. "

On the game expressed by the team: "We are playing purposeful football, on attack, we have scored at least 2 goals in a row in the last 14 or 15 games. A record for Italian football, of course they are records for their own sake, but I believe and hope that the Milan fans feel the pride we feel and I don't see them seeing them live at the stadium because our fans are special, they have lived difficult years and they deserve to be with us by our side ".

On Zlatan: “Zlatan continues to call himself Benjamin Button, he continues to rejuvenate. It is very interesting, all the players who come to Milan want to win something and this will be a legacy that Zlatan will leave because he has won so much in football and it would be easy to live on income and enjoy life because he has nothing to prove. But he came here understanding the meaning of our challenge, he's a different player than he was ten years ago, he doesn't race as much as he once did, but he has ten players around willing to run for him. And it is a different challenge for him, of leadership, he demands maximum commitment from those around him and our players, and the club in general, are responding to his requests. There are two ways to react to these demands: ignore it or, and this is a more mature approach, ask yourself what can be done to improve performance as Zlatan does to achieve his goals. So he's doing the whole club and it's a positive shock, I don't have enough words to praise what Zlatan is doing ”.

VultureSheva 19-12-2020 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 3218902)
4-4-2 with Rebic-Samu upfront, Calabria as RM. Not sure I like Hakan at LM

???

Milan10 19-12-2020 09:31

Sass may be more open than Parma and Genoa were, so the 4231 may work, but against more conservative sides I think the 442 could work with Rebic and Leao up top...

Let me say something wild... I wouldn’t hate seeing Rebic-Samu tried up top together. Those two have the most unexpected chemistry imaginable... truth be told, Rebic just works so well with everyone and makes everyone better.