The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Charbel 19-09-2010 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 809751)
May not be saying outright that he doesn't like white's, but he's saying blacks > whites.

If I were to say United are better than Chelsea because we've got more white players what would people think?

He just adores players with balls, and African players tend to be "the aggressive-type" he likes.

manutd fan 19-09-2010 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 809764)
He just adores players with balls, and African players tend to be "the aggressive-type" he likes.

Well he gave Fletcher stick, even though he's just as aggressive as Essien (just not as good obviously), whilst Chelsea's most aggresive player is probably Terry.

Regardless of that though, he continues to put "blacks" ahead of whites. I have nothing against him and it doesn't offend me, but racial bias (for lack of a better phrase) bugs me. Probably because it's so common in England...

Charbel 19-09-2010 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 809769)
Well he gave Fletcher stick, even though he's just as aggressive as Essien (just not as good obviously), whilst Chelsea's most aggresive player is probably Terry.

Regardless of that though, he continues to put "blacks" ahead of whites. I have nothing against him and it doesn't offend me, but racial bias (for lack of a better phrase) bugs me. Probably because it's so common in England...

His Fav. Players: Lugano, Forlán, Rai, Rogério Ceni, Dunga, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Gravesen, Kuyt, Senderos
Every single player I know other than Rai(Don't know him) is white.
So, he doesn't see Black>White.

I'm not defending nor attacking him, I'm just saying he probably means no offense in these posts. I get your posts though, but it's probably because I like the type of players he like...I see his posts un bias.

Senatore_M84 19-09-2010 19:41

ManUtd Fan is right. If anyone else posted that they'd get warned immediately from mods.

He could tone it down a bit. Though I find it interesting the players he hates most- ronaldinho, robinho are not only both brazilian but both black

ww 19-09-2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutd fan (Post 809729)
Not that I have anything against Capitao Lugano, but if things were the other way around and I or anyone else was saying the stuff he's saying, we'd be banned in no time for being racist.

You already talked to me and you know that I'm not racist.

The reason why it's "allowed" to praise black people is because they were treated like shit since not so much time ago by the whites. Anyway, I only do it for fun.

There was never a single black person in my family the most part is white/caucasians (spanish descendents). It's just ridiculous to call me racist.

You may not like my posts just like a bunch of people don't like the posts of another bunch of people. This you could maybe solve just by sending me a pm. What the fuck is that, junior high? You really need to call the principal to get your problems solve with people? Lol.

And by the way, Don Rickles nowadays keep making fun out of black people and no one is trying to put him in the jail.

South Park make fun out of every single race and they're also not in jail.

Congo, what are you saying? You made an agressive post against obese people and you didn't even do it for fun.

ww 19-09-2010 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 809776)
ManUtd Fan is right. If anyone else posted that they'd get warned immediately from mods.

He could tone it down a bit. Though I find it interesting the players he hates more- ronaldinho, robinho are not only both brazilian but both black

One more sign there I'm not racist or nationalistic.

But if so much of you are bothered with it, I can "tone it down" with no problems.

Maybe if the schools taught to children the importance of talking instead of punishment, now there wouldn't be adults trying to solve their issues by calling supervisors.

ww 19-09-2010 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 809736)
This. If I said:

HOLY SHIT! Warnock, Collins, Dunne, Cuellar were immense last season, WHITE POWER! :star: I'd be banned in a second.

If you had said that, you'd be sent to the madhouse. Warnock, Collins, Dunne and Cuellar being immense all together? Lol.

KujaIX 19-09-2010 20:03

Soldier, Rai isn't black. And he has the coolest name i've heard for a long time.

Senatore_M84 19-09-2010 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano (Post 809780)
One more sign there I'm not racist or nationalistic.

But if so much of you are bothered with it, I can "tone it down" with no problems.

Maybe if the schools taught to children the importance of talking instead of punishment, now there wouldn't be adults trying to solve their issues by calling supervisors.

Just so you know, I don't care personally, but if other people do, then yeah you should tone it down.

I'm not a fan of racism, so fact your comments didn't both me should make it clear I don't view you are racist.

But I could see how it offends someone. I typically try to listen to peoples requests if they have problem with language I use (read: religious jokes for 1)

Ashish 19-09-2010 20:12

senatore i never heard a joke from you which is related to your religion

Thats :eek: i am not saying you are hypocrite even though you are :D

Pedro 19-09-2010 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 809807)
i am not saying you are hypocrite even though you are :D

:D looooooooooooooool :tongue:

Kalac#16 19-09-2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano (Post 809778)

Congo, what are you saying? You made an agressive post against obese people and you didn't even do it for fun.

I think that's a little different, I'm not sure you're going to get publicly frowned upon for hating morbidly obese people.

Senatore_M84 19-09-2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 809807)
senatore i never heard a joke from you which is related to your religion

Thats :eek: i am not saying you are hypocrite even though you are :D

i'm not sure I get what you're saying but I'm not religious at all. So there would be no joke 'relating to my religion'

Ashish 19-09-2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 809822)
i'm not sure I get what you're saying but I'm not religious at all. So there would be no joke 'relating to my religion'

senatore not me :D use it on lesser mortals :P

Wild 19-09-2010 20:31

Capitão is a boring repetitive attention slut.
He gets couple of compliment about some posts & he bought a suit for the occasion.
He find a subject that will buy some votes & he just paint it all over the forum no matter what the subject is & the boring thing is that he do that while keeping his old toys.
His current tools consist on hating Spain + Barca , hating on Dinho , sucking Carlo dick while giving a hand job for a black dude.
Thats said , I like the guy , respect.

Congo Powers 19-09-2010 20:47

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

manutd fan 19-09-2010 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano (Post 809778)
You already talked to me and you know that I'm not racist.

The reason why it's "allowed" to praise black people is because they were treated like shit since not so much time ago by the whites. Anyway, I only do it for fun.

There was never a single black person in my family the most part is white/caucasians (spanish descendents). It's just ridiculous to call me racist.

You may not like my posts just like a bunch of people don't like the posts of another bunch of people. This you could maybe solve just by sending me a pm. What the fuck is that, junior high? You really need to call the principal to get your problems solve with people? Lol.

And by the way, Don Rickles nowadays keep making fun out of black people and no one is trying to put him in the jail.

South Park make fun out of every single race and they're also not in jail.

Congo, what are you saying? You made an agressive post against obese people and you didn't even do it for fun.

Christ it's not like I've just ran to David with my tail between my legs. You can see what I said.

Note I never called you a racist. I said it's unfair that you or anyone else can say things that, if the other way around, would be penalized.

It wasn't anything personal.

crazy4milan 19-09-2010 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
Wow some serious forum drama here. C4M your post mirrors Milano84's sentiments about me EXACTLY:

of course this could be another 'coincidence' like the Cesena game where you gave I'mahomo man of the match http://forum.acmilan-online.com/images/smilie/proud.gif

Actually I had made that post a few days before I posted it. And I’m very sure Milano disagreed with me on what I said about Ibra in the Cesena game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
The thing is the forum has gotten amazingly and ridiculously polarized. One side is clearly more aggressive than the other and labels ALL who disagree as idiots, trolls etc.

I think it's polarized by 2 people, rest agree and disagree with those 2 people depending on the topic. And I think both sides can be charged for being aggressive towards SOME of the people that disagree with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
So people have no qualms about insulting Ashish when he posts his one liner hate posts e.g. "Pirlo is shit" but when another poster fills up the thread with Pirlo porn all he/ she gets is a bunch of "http://forum.acmilan-online.com/images/smilie/proud.gif" smileys.

It goes both ways, someone something negative all “groupies” go an attack…someone says something positive all the “haters” go an attack. And it shouldn't be for neither case. (sidenote: no one is going to get banned for this, but it would be good if instead of just saying “’x’ player is shit :o” there would be some argument on it, it would attract less the aggressiveness from other posters, that said, everyone is free to choose how to express their disappointment/hate/love in any way as long as their respecting the other members from the forum). (second sidenote: it is a Milan fan forum, it’s to be expected that if someone posts a picspam on a player or someone says something positive there will be lots of :proud: type of replies).

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
Mods never protected the Ronaldo fans from hate and trolling. But I remembered getting banned for retaliation against an anti Ronaldo fan.

Well Marcus already said it, but you can ask the most anti-Ronaldo person in this forum, he’ll tell you I've addressed that issue with him, asking and re-asking to stop it. We also banned someone for the special nickname he had for Ronaldo and didn't want to stop using and I'm sure we deleted a lot of trolling posts on Ronaldo (granted not all, you can accuse us of not being consistent). I also do remember why you were banned, it wasn’t simply because of a retaliation, you completely crossed the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
Now the situation is reversed somewhat with Ibra but things are noticeably different now....Again.. where were they when Beemer was being shat on and insulted constantly for being a Dida fan. Beemer HATES this place now and with good reason. But THAT didn't bother anybody.

It actually did bother me, mostly cause another member here, before she quit, told her to fuck off and that same poster kept on repeated times insulting her and we tried to address that situation but never took real action and I do regret that. And that's a big example to why our close to laissez faire laissez passer way of moderating lately has to change again. Do we want people that insult good members stay while good members leave? No. Do we want to see good members become shit posters cause they want to see things as a "good vs evil"? No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
But the MINUTE some users get butt hurt over other users' differing or adverse opinions over things/ ppl the mafia holds dear it's a crisis. Now it seems (to me at least) it's becoming a HABIT of selective intervention where either the antagonism OR the retaliation gets dealt with depending on whose viewpoint is the "accepted" one (See the Cesena thread (even though some damage control was done)...what started the shit is still there).

Yes please read that thread. You'll see a perfect example of what I’m referring to. Someone gives their thoughts on the game and it’s attacked by someone else simply because that person disagreed 100%. That shouldn’t be it.

It's not a mafia, its simple: someone sends us a PM or reports a post that they don't like the way other poster is behaving, or we read it in here or in the particular thread and we act on it. Most of the time (if not all) we've talked with both sides of the argument asking them to stop it. And sometimes we act even without someone being bothered by the fights, trying to prevent any more frustrations. You gotta understand that we also aren’t here 24/7, there’s fights/arguments that happen while we’re in “our life” time, so even if our timing seems “inconvenient”, most of the time it's mostly cause we’re not in here, or we’re not checking the particular thread where chaos is going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
I'm not speaking about ALL the mods in this post and I want to especially remove Jasper from anything I've said above. There are others but you know who you are.

Yeah ok let’s clear it out. I talk with Milano outside the forum, yes I do, almost on daily basis, I get along well with him, and I have my reasons to appreciate him. But be sure of one thing, when he does-say something he shouldn't, I tell him about it, I've made him requests like the one I made you 2 weeks ago, and I have not approve of some of his posts, and if a day comes where he does something that has to be banned, it will hurt me, but I will ask for his ban. He doesn't have any sort of power over me nor my decisions as a mod, he just does the normal procedure any other member does when being bothered by someone else.

Actually you know what? It's 100x more easy for me to ask him to not act a certain way cause he'll accept it, possibly will ask me why, but that's it, instead asking you certain things it’s REALLY hard to do (and I try to avoid it) mostly cause I know I can expect some sort of attack and non acceptance of what I'm asking. All that as a mod. As the normal poster that I am (since I've also been attack via this due to my "friendship" with Milano) , yes I do happen to be in agreement with him in most topics, but neither of us controls what the other says.


Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl
However I still believe that things have changed a bit based on my own personal experiences above. Sending pm's is a great step but public action like deleting posts etc seems to be a stronger message. Also deleting one side of an argument's post while keeping what started it in the first place is distasteful.

Problem is we delete posts and then we're accused of "hiding evidence". And sometimes we delete some posts and no one notices that…meanwhile we delete some other posts and we have drama cause we're biased and we chose to delete posts with no reason.. And sometimes shit just escapes from us or we make a bad judgment call and think nothing will happen if we leave that (hence why I ask if you find something offensive that us mods haven't look at, report it).

Eitherway, no one in here can cry about being hard done by the mods. We've let you (plural) be offtopic, we've let you use offensive language, we've even just handed requests in issues that have crossed the line instead of handing you a ban, we've let you disrespect us on regular basis, we've let you attack other members out of nothing. In the last year and a half I'm pretty sure we've only banned a few of the most extreme cases (possibly the most extremes), mostly cause, possibly foolishly, we believed the rest were going to change. We're trying atm to change things a bit cause we've let some of you get out of hand, and we've made some of you spend more time trolling at each other than making quality posts, and we've let you freely offend people and each time there's more and more members bothered by certain words being used, certain language to refair to things, or simply there's people that are growing tired of reading fights between members cause they have different opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milanista_13_33
tbh this forum(since ive been here) never had any quality posters, its either ******ed comments or someone posts the obvious, obviously there has been good posts but theres no one here thats a consistent good poster, so I dont see where this "drop" in quality posts come from.

I do believe there’s quality posters, no one can be a consistent good poster if you're very active (otherwise I would point out that Gaizka is consistent quality), but I'm mostly referring to the fact that some here instead of doing their posts or have increased their post counts by having ridiculous spats. I don't mind the n/h, superficial, light-fun comments, they serve a good purpose, but bitterness towards posters carrying on their fights all over the forum regardless of the thread/argument is really annoying. And I'm also not sure if “posting the obvious” is a bad thing, considering there's no such thing in here as the obvious, we've seen people differ on most things, even if a goal was amazing or not. (unless it's a no argument thing like after we win someone posts “yes we won, I’m happy” and nothing more and dedicates to have that type of posts).


Quote:

Originally Posted by Milanista_13_33
and c4m, when mods quit talkin bs about pirlo's hair or wtv ******ed bs you lot post in a specific player's thread(you're included btw) I think people might respect what you say and would actually act accordingly to it.

I believe mods should have the right to make superficial or light-fun comments, the “mod” title is one thing, my comments on players, games, etc are not “mod” posts, they're just the opinion I have or things that are going through my head. And it goes for all the mods.

ww 20-09-2010 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 809815)
I think that's a little different, I'm not sure you're going to get publicly frowned upon for hating morbidly obese people.

People get mad and they feel harmed by some issue. Otherwise, they won't care. Maybe there aren't obese people on the forum or they don't want to look like obese and that's why no one complained about forum's post.

I don't regret about what I said and I don't think think that I was wrong. But I don't wanna bother these guys (man utd, Senatore, Congo, Kalac) that I use to have a nice forum-relationship and since they don't like it, I won't do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 809843)
Capitão is a boring repetitive attention slut.
He gets couple of compliment about some posts & he bought a suit for the occasion.
He find a subject that will buy some votes & he just paint it all over the forum no matter what the subject is & the boring thing is that he do that while keeping his old toys.
His current tools consist on hating Spain + Barca , hating on Dinho , sucking Carlo dick while giving a hand job for a black dude.
Thats said , I like the guy , respect.

I do it only because I never got a compliment by you, baby. How would I live without a compliment from the guy who made this forum?

Now that you said that you like me, I'm just hoping to get more and more of your man-love.

Love ya, sweet heart. XoXoXo

Pedro 28-09-2010 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero (Post 816795)
What is the difference between 'What song are you listening to?' thread and 'All about music' thread?

The latter is meant to be to talk abot music but instead is used like the first one. So nothing, except that the latter is more populair. Merging them would make sense.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:18.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.