The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Congo Powers 26-11-2012 23:36

its not offensive or hateful

Corzioli 26-11-2012 23:41

That's because you're not Kyle Broflovski. So you wouldn't identify. :/

Congo Powers 26-11-2012 23:43

kyle broflovski mite be a tottenham supporter for all you know

=/

Corzioli 26-11-2012 23:52

Proly.

:beer:

damn 27-11-2012 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1569751)
Way of the world, my friend.

HATE. Of everything supposedly different.


Sad, sad, sad.

:lol:

you do know the spurs fans call themselves that?
i've never heard a non spurs fan use that term.
spurs fans even have banners with yid army written on them. :fp:

we need to kick racism and anti semitism out of football and spurs fans are the ones that we need to start with.

bunch of majority non jews calling themselves the yid army :lol::fp:

arsenal have the largest black fan base in the uk, liverpool the largest indian yet they don't go around naming themselves after racial terms used to oppress those groups.

joyrider 27-11-2012 19:38

Liverpool....Indians Russel Peeters should comment on this

2 years ago i went to White Hart lane and a big hooligan came to me and said stand up if you're a Yido....so i kinda felt threatend and then I stood up and yelled with my drunk ass YIDDOOOOO

Ajax and Spurs fans call themselves Yids....but whom are we to judge them. And if you say anything bad about Yids....then some people (mostly Jewish Yids) call you anti semites :fp:

By the way: Yido isn't hebrewic but Yiddish (Euro-variant of Hebrew that has excisted for more than 500 years)


best stadium atmosphere i've ever encounterd is at White Hart Lane



Tottenham fan stabbed in Rome is visited by Lazio president

Corzioli 27-11-2012 21:40

I'm well aware of the fact that T'Ham fans themselves use that nick..

Actually, another side to it I read fairly late yesternight is that..the Yid Army proper is some sort of ultra faction within the totality of Spurs' fans. Dunno how true that is, but that's what I saw.

And they claim to be 'unashamed' of using that nick..I can bet most of that Yid Army group aren't any of the massive Jewish community in North East London...so that makes the nick offensive. Why?


Look at it this way. I heard Alabama has a whole lot of trailer parks at the suburbs..iunno if that's true, never been there to find out for myself. Now, if an Alabama NFL side has a group of fans who decide to call themselves (or the whole team's followers) 'The Tornado Baiters'....that has to be offensive. A nickname that pokes fun at say, ethnic minorities in a rather sarcastic manner..has to be offensive.

I read an article about how the American government's systematically removing references to the crushing of Native American tribes esp. in the names of college football teams/mascots..a 'small' gesture but it goes a LONG way in terms of reparations..not the original article but it should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_...ot_controversy

Yid Army..that sounds like, "yeah yeah, the Jews have invaded one of our (British) clubs too..what a lot..ok, let's try Yid Army, there they go!"

Nobody calls any club's supporters in all the tiers of English football 'Limey Army' or 'Pommy Army' for all I know. So why Yid Army?


It's probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's tiny drops that make an ocean over time. These things foster ethnocentrism and racism that goes under the carpet until a major incident comes up (maybe like the one in Rome). You won't hear the affected group come out and voice their anger because being minorities they know no one will listen or act. But it simmers underneath all the while..like a coal seam fire..until shit happens.

That's how the riots in major cities in England in 2011 started. Mark Duggan's death was only the igniting spark. There were already enough fumes in the air, undetectable but there.



Well..life goes on. Things won't change. Might as well grin and bear it. :/

joyrider 27-11-2012 22:28

Quote:

Tottenham have a large fanbase in the United Kingdom, drawn largely from North London and the Home counties. Five times between 1946 and 1969, Tottenham had the highest average attendance in England.There are also Tottenham supporters' clubs located all over the world. Tottenham were 9th in average attendances for the 2008/9 Premier League season, and 11th for all Premier League seasons. Historical supporters of the club have included such figures as A.J. Ayer. Tottenham supporters have rivalries with several clubs, mainly within the London area. The fiercest of these is with North London rivals Arsenal. They also share notable rivalries with fellow London clubs Chelsea and West Ham United.

The club, as with many clubs in London, has a large Jewish following and this has led to much antisemitic provocation against Tottenham supporters. Tottenham supporters, Jewish and non-Jewish, united against this and adopted the nickname "Yids", developing chants to support this. Many fans view adopting "Yid" as a badge of pride, helping defuse its power as an insult. Today it is mainly used to distinguish Tottenham fans from other football supporters. Many fans, however, disagree with the use of the name "Yid", and believe it will only attract more racism. In April 2011, Jewish comedian, author and Chelsea-supporter David Baddiel produced a short film stating that the anti-semitic chanting is as unacceptable as the abuse still suffered by black footballers, and must be stamped out accordingly. A similar situation exists in Amsterdam with regards to Ajax fans.[

wiki sauce

Congo Powers 27-11-2012 22:29

juice

joyrider 27-11-2012 22:34

jizz

necromancer 28-11-2012 06:38

If their intention is to use the word so as to dilute its power of being an insult, it's commendable.

damn 28-11-2012 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1570398)
I'm well aware of the fact that T'Ham fans themselves use that nick..

Actually, another side to it I read fairly late yesternight is that..the Yid Army proper is some sort of ultra faction within the totality of Spurs' fans. Dunno how true that is, but that's what I saw.

And they claim to be 'unashamed' of using that nick..I can bet most of that Yid Army group aren't any of the massive Jewish community in North East London...so that makes the nick offensive. Why?


Look at it this way. I heard Alabama has a whole lot of trailer parks at the suburbs..iunno if that's true, never been there to find out for myself. Now, if an Alabama NFL side has a group of fans who decide to call themselves (or the whole team's followers) 'The Tornado Baiters'....that has to be offensive. A nickname that pokes fun at say, ethnic minorities in a rather sarcastic manner..has to be offensive.

I read an article about how the American government's systematically removing references to the crushing of Native American tribes esp. in the names of college football teams/mascots..a 'small' gesture but it goes a LONG way in terms of reparations..not the original article but it should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_...ot_controversy

Yid Army..that sounds like, "yeah yeah, the Jews have invaded one of our (British) clubs too..what a lot..ok, let's try Yid Army, there they go!"

Nobody calls any club's supporters in all the tiers of English football 'Limey Army' or 'Pommy Army' for all I know. So why Yid Army?


It's probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's tiny drops that make an ocean over time. These things foster ethnocentrism and racism that goes under the carpet until a major incident comes up (maybe like the one in Rome). You won't hear the affected group come out and voice their anger because being minorities they know no one will listen or act. But it simmers underneath all the while..like a coal seam fire..until shit happens.

That's how the riots in major cities in England in 2011 started. Mark Duggan's death was only the igniting spark. There were already enough fumes in the air, undetectable but there.



Well..life goes on. Things won't change. Might as well grin and bear it. :/

so a club with a large minority of black fans would be ok calling themselves n-word army?

if you are not jewish then an insult targeted at you but designed to insult jews (like yid is) is not really gonna offend you.

you're from Africa, would it really hurt you if if i called you every racial insult used against Chinese people?

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer (Post 1570681)
If their intention is to use the word so as to dilute its power of being an insult, it's commendable.

yeah that worked so well with the n-word.
this is 8 mile logic.

spurs fans are not diluting the power of the insult they are hiding behind it, they are using it as a shield against the real insults.

Corzioli 28-11-2012 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1570712)
so a club with a large minority of black fans would be ok calling themselves n-word army?

if you are not jewish then an insult targeted at you but designed to insult jews (like yid is) is not really gonna offend you.

you're from Africa, would it really hurt you if if i called you every racial insult used against Chinese people?

I'm not sure I understand your logic, but on the surface it seems a bit tenuous.

Must I ONLY be empathic about discrimination involving blacks? Sorry but I'm not that simple-minded.

Anyway I'm about to make a trip atm and it's a bit too noisy here..once I'm home in a couple hours I'll settle down to do a response.

damn 28-11-2012 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1570758)
I'm not sure I understand your logic, but on the surface it seems a bit tenuous.

ok I will try to clarify.

I have a problem with people using a term that is completely unrelated to themselves knowing that it will be the target of insults and attacks.

spurs fans use the term "yid" and their historical jewish links as a shield.
do you honestly think these non Jewish spurs fans get hurt when when other teams insult jews?

they are using "yid" as bait.
giving the other fans a target that they have no real emotional connection to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1570758)
Must I ONLY be empathic about discrimination involving blacks? Sorry but I'm not that simple-minded.

I suppose it breaks your heart when some random Brazilian insult some random Argentine.

please don't watch south park, you would probably die from dehydration due to crying so much at the random insults in every episode. :o

fact is is something doesn't effect you, then it tends to hurt you less if at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1570758)
Anyway I'm about to make a trip atm and it's a bit too noisy here..once I'm home in a couple hours I'll settle down to do a response.

I've got my reading glasses, dictionary and thesaurus ready....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sRXyOP3xnD...-at-me-bro.jpg

necromancer 28-11-2012 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1570712)
yeah that worked so well with the n-word.
this is 8 mile logic.

spurs fans are not diluting the power of the insult they are hiding behind it, they are using it as a shield against the real insults.

Yup, probably true. It's football ultra-types about whom we are talking about anyway. I don't think they are exactly logical or intelligent. So ignore my theory.

KujaIX 28-11-2012 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corzioli (Post 1570398)
I'm well aware of the fact that T'Ham fans themselves use that nick..

Actually, another side to it I read fairly late yesternight is that..the Yid Army proper is some sort of ultra faction within the totality of Spurs' fans. Dunno how true that is, but that's what I saw.

And they claim to be 'unashamed' of using that nick..I can bet most of that Yid Army group aren't any of the massive Jewish community in North East London...so that makes the nick offensive. Why?


Look at it this way. I heard Alabama has a whole lot of trailer parks at the suburbs..iunno if that's true, never been there to find out for myself. Now, if an Alabama NFL side has a group of fans who decide to call themselves (or the whole team's followers) 'The Tornado Baiters'....that has to be offensive. A nickname that pokes fun at say, ethnic minorities in a rather sarcastic manner..has to be offensive.

I read an article about how the American government's systematically removing references to the crushing of Native American tribes esp. in the names of college football teams/mascots..a 'small' gesture but it goes a LONG way in terms of reparations..not the original article but it should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_...ot_controversy

Yid Army..that sounds like, "yeah yeah, the Jews have invaded one of our (British) clubs too..what a lot..ok, let's try Yid Army, there they go!"

Nobody calls any club's supporters in all the tiers of English football 'Limey Army' or 'Pommy Army' for all I know. So why Yid Army?


It's probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's tiny drops that make an ocean over time. These things foster ethnocentrism and racism that goes under the carpet until a major incident comes up (maybe like the one in Rome). You won't hear the affected group come out and voice their anger because being minorities they know no one will listen or act. But it simmers underneath all the while..like a coal seam fire..until shit happens.

That's how the riots in major cities in England in 2011 started. Mark Duggan's death was only the igniting spark. There were already enough fumes in the air, undetectable but there.



Well..life goes on. Things won't change. Might as well grin and bear it. :/

It's more a reclaiming thing. It's showing solidarity with the Jewish minority in London if anything...

There's a difference between Jews and trailer-park dwelling folk.

Horrendous attempt at thinking of 'racist' examples, btw. :lol:

Nope. Riots started because kids like violence and free stuff. Mark Duggan died... people got angry... it spread and London was alight. It was not due to racial stereotyping or clashes... That whole point is just such bs. you're almost implicitly saying that the majority is always bad and the minority is some pure, wonderful thing which is never trusted or listened to.

Get over yourself. There were no racial undertones to the riots..

hdcantona 28-11-2012 16:37

Trying to claim the riots were race riots? :fp:

joyrider 28-11-2012 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn (Post 1570712)
so a club with a large minority of black fans would be ok calling themselves n-word army?

if you are not jewish then an insult targeted at you but designed to insult jews (like yid is) is not really gonna offend you.

you're from Africa, would it really hurt you if if i called you every racial insult used against Chinese people?



yeah that worked so well with the n-word.
this is 8 mile logic.

spurs fans are not diluting the power of the insult they are hiding behind it, they are using it as a shield against the real insults.




@ Spurs topic....in the fifties it was a "Yiddish" club nowadays it's a lub who has a fanbase all over the world. It's not obliged to be a Jew if you wanna support the Spurs. In London football terms Yiddo's are the same as Milanista's the only diffeence is the team they choose to support.




@ Riots: as far as I know, bunch of kids were bored and dragged it into different perspectives just to have a say....trailer park londoner kids on alcohol and a lack of parents spanking

Congo Powers 28-11-2012 20:11

I live in a trailer, I would appreciate it if any of u not living in a trailer would stop saying the word trailer.. Thanks

damn 28-11-2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Powers (Post 1571158)
I live in a trailer, I would appreciate it if any of u not living in a trailer would stop saying the word trailer.. Thanks

anyone seen the new hobbit movie trail.....err.....:devilcon:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:24.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.