The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL Milan XI vs. Crvena zvezda:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Dalot; Meite, Kessie; Castillejo, Krunic, Calhanoglu; Leao

Dalot, Meite, Krunic
Looks like we want to get out :lol:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
OFFICIAL Milan XI vs. Crvena zvezda:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Dalot; Meite, Kessie; Castillejo, Krunic, Calhanoglu; Leao

Dalot, Meite, Krunic
Looks like we want to get out :lol:

Meite and Dalot dont bother me as much, Castillejo is :fp:, Krunic is :fp: and playing Hakan out of position (did he ever have a good game playing lw?)

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This place gets nasty when we hit a rough patch.

I’m not sure how we all survived the late Galliani, Fassobelli, and Leonardo years without killing each other.

Everything is going to be ok, friends. Just breathe. I’m a cynical person by nature, but I’m positive about this squad and the club’s overall direction, a rough month and a half doesn’t erase the huge steps forward we’ve taken.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kessie can become a Dunga or Gilbert Silva. A rock solid general who is a leader. He is good enough technically but mentally he can be really world class.

Theo can become superb but he has a lot to learn, especially in group defence. He is one of the few players who can turn the game on its head. He cam either be a KP Boateng level or Gareth Bale or possibly Maicon.

Bennacer is super, he can become better than veratiy if he tidies his passing.

Hakan can be really good, maybe to the level of Van der Vart or Stankovic. He has shown enough growth to believe that there room for a lot more and every says that his ceiling is high

Leao has a really high ceiling, I think we can all see that.

Donnaruma is already among the best GKs in the world by now. I'd love it if he has a fixed salary to stay forever here. I don't want to worry about GK for a long time

Hakan has been average to good to mediocre most of his career. He has only looked elite for less than 6 months and this year he is back to his mean. A decent Hakan wont help us compete in with the elite in Europe. the only version of him that would be good for us is the one from summer of last year for less than 6 months.

Kessie doesnt have the technique of top midfielders at all but he has tools that can be utilized in a top notch manner if restricted. But if that would be good enough is a big question mark. We might realize we need to replace him if we go deep into the CL

Bennacer looked truly elite in the press resistant way he hugged the ball while twisting and turning out of several players trying to press him and moving past them before he got injured. That level of skill is what you need at the highest level. 2 midfielders like pre-injury Bennacer and you can play teams like Bayern

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Agree with you. Our players that could grow to compete with elite teams deep into the CL in my opinion are Donna, Theo (if he sorts out his defensive issues) and the pre injury Bennacer with the trajectory he was on. Need to see more of Tomori or Kalulu to know about them. Kessie still lacks a lot an elite midfielder should have.

All these other players really dont cut it at that level. Calabria plays with heart so if you have a world class first 10 you can have a player like him as the 11th without compromising the team

This is the only right answer.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Serious question, does anyone actually except after one good year that we will compete with the likes of Bayern and Liverpool for the CL? I can understand comparing where we are and what we need to do to get there like those clubs, but to say we can match them player for player is something else. We're a club at the "start" of our journey again, and it'll take time. Patience is needed, the team is still very young. We'll see some players rightfully replaced with those of higher quality that we need to both win the league and compete with the top teams.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Samu to Milan TV:

How have you worked in the last days? “We have worked well in these two days, the best way to react is with a win and advance to the next round. We must have a winning mentality.”

Where do you think you can hurt Red Star? “It was a bit of a strange match, the result was not generous to us. Today will be a difficult match but as soon as we get on the pitch, our mentality will be that of a winner. After the two defeats, the most important thing would be a good victory today.”

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serious question, does anyone actually except after one good year that we will compete with the likes of Bayern and Liverpool for the CL? I can understand comparing where we are and what we need to do to get there like those clubs, but to say we can match them player for player is something else. We're a club at the "start" of our journey again, and it'll take time. Patience is needed, the team is still very young. We'll see some players rightfully replaced with those of higher quality that we need to both win the league and compete with the top teams.

Round of 16 would be a huge achievement.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This place gets nasty when we hit a rough patch.

I?m not sure how we all survived the late Galliani, Fassobelli, and Leonardo years without killing each other.

Everything is going to be ok, friends. Just breathe. I?m a cynical person by nature, but I?m positive about this squad and the club?s overall direction, a rough month and a half doesn?t erase the huge steps forward we?ve taken.

We were trash. You cant have meltdowns if expectations are already low

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Same, imagine being a Milan fan and wanting a ?35M signing to fail and get stuck for 10 years with him for being a loyal italian like the case of Calabria, Antonini and some others.

We all want him to do well, but more than 6 month gone and he is yet to show talent.

Don't speak ill of LA77. He was Milan through and through and won a league title with us.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Yes. Cause liverpool has proven that you can be completely mediocre and win the chl within two years

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We were trash. You cant have meltdowns if expectations are already low

It was total misery day in and day out, though, at least for me. I think I only realized how much happier I am when Milan is winning after the post-COVID run... I had gotten used to it being a source of sadness lol.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

You have our fans saying stuff like name me 3 RB's better than Calabria in the world, he is a top 3 RB in the world. Theo is the best in the world. Kessie and Bennacer are top 5 midfielders. Hakan best European playmaker etc

If these was true then we are ready to destroy Bayern, Man City, PSG, Liverpool etc next season since our team is full of top 3 and top 5 players globally in their positions.

In reality though in our matches against significant opposition like Inter (several times), Juve, Atalanta, Lille etc nothing about any of them looks like a dominating top 3 top or 5 global player at all just yet

We have a team with plenty of talent and young players and experience and testing against quality teams will reveal their ceilings very soon. I am hopeful some of them will establish a high ceiling.

Players like Rebic Ibra, Kjaer, Roma, Samu are pretty much at their ceiling and its not good enough for an assult on the CL

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
4zhhnr.jpg

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d like to see Tomori paired with a tall partner like Romagnoli, but you know someone that is actually good and physically very strong and fast.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have to stop rotating so much. It’s killing this squad.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Hakan has been average to good to mediocre most of his career. He has only looked elite for less than 6 months and this year he is back to his mean. A decent Hakan wont help us compete in with the elite in Europe. the only version of him that would be good for us is the one from summer of last year for less than 6 months.

Kessie doesnt have the technique of top midfielders at all but he has tools that can be utilized in a top notch manner if restricted. But if that would be good enough is a big question mark. We might realize we need to replace him if we go deep into the CL

Bennacer looked truly elite in the press resistant way he hugged the ball while twisting and turning out of several players trying to press him and moving past them before he got injured. That level of skill is what you need at the highest level. 2 midfielders like pre-injury Bennacer and you can play teams like Bayern

Agreed in terms of potential i expect to be fulfilled i think the order is

1. Donnaruma
2. Leao
3. Bennacer
4. Theo
5. Kessie
6. Rebic
7. Hakan

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
It is with the utmost sadness I have to say we have lost everything. In these last 6 or 7 games. Yes, everything. We looked like prime Heycknes Bayern or Sacchis Milan for a whole year, now we look like Pippos Milan again. I'm not saying we cant bounce back. I'm just saying that past 7 games we have lost everything that made our squad the most exciting team on europe.

I just wished our amazing run of form started in september and lasted until may instead of having it from june-january lol

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
we need to replace this whole rotting core of hakan calabria donna and romagnoli and many more
get a serious coach..non italian (unless its pellegrini allegri or conte)
stadium

after that we can watch football

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
meite for 10 million ..no thanks...someone with his role in the squad and skills should cost 1/2 million maximum ...

theo and hauge ...so far not frauds but they are showing some worrying signs here and there

leao kalulu tomori tonali look fine for now but leao showing worrying signs (for now il blame piolitactics for it)
diaz dalot and rebic can fk off also
saele i give a little bit more time

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is getting carried away. Yes, certain positions need to be upgraded starting with RW and CB. Then, we need better depth to replace Dalot, Krunic, Meite and actually compete and push our starters.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is with the utmost sadness I have to say we have lost everything. In these last 6 or 7 games. Yes, everything. We looked like prime Heycknes Bayern or Sacchis Milan for a whole year, now we look like Pippos Milan again. I'm not saying we cant bounce back. I'm just saying that past 7 games we have lost everything that made our squad the most exciting team on europe.

I just wished our amazing run of form started in september and lasted until may instead of having it from june-january lol

I agree, and most big sides are judged on how they overcome the slumps. No doubt we have the team to pull out of a slump but the last month was sad. Being dumped out of the Cup, going 2nd and loosing the derby and now barely scrapping in EL. The quality is there though and they will pull through and get top 4.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I agree, and most big sides are judged on how they overcome the slumps. No doubt we have the team to pull out of a slump but the last month was sad. Being dumped out of the Cup, going 2nd and loosing the derby and now barely scrapping in EL. The quality is there though and they will pull through and get top 4.

Yeah, no doubt we'll recover. This is perhaps the lowest we can get. Just depends on how fast we recover though, and the impact that has on us.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
what a humiliation really
bye donna, cant be even angry
watching performances like in el
cant score more in 2 games than farmers from serbia (sorry but red :star: is terrible) when they play twice with 10 men

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
remember when some fools here said that we're a top club :lol::lol::lol:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Agreed in terms of potential i expect to be fulfilled i think the order is

1. Donnaruma
2. Leao
3. Bennacer
4. Theo
5. Kessie
6. Rebic
7. Hakan

Agree. The top 4 are probably the ones that would get to CL elite team level if they improve aspects of their game. Kessie is a question mark but Rebic will never be good enough. He lacks what it takes

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
remember when some fools here said that we're a top club :lol::lol::lol:

Just on here? On reddit, Sofifa etc. It was cringeworthy watching them postulate how Calabria was a top 3 or top 5 RB in the world and comparing our players with Bayern players. Bayern destroys EPL top teams by many goals. I dont know how we will fare vs 2nd tier EPL teams like Spurs or Arsenal if we run into them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule