The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And Utd spent 80m on Maguire. Leicester committing daylight robbery two seasons in a row. The money that EPL teams throw at English players is insane. Worse than in Italy to Italian players.

It is because Italian clubs just say GTFO and with exception of 3 teams nobody else can afford them. Belotti 100 million? :fp::lol: Realistically 30 million, maximum 40 million but 100+ million is for game changers.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Gazzetta: Elliott has not set any time limits on the negotiations with Ibrahimovic. The striker is not in much of a hurry to go back to Milanello either. No decisive changes are expected in the next few hours.

This will work itself out. In september he's scoring at San Siro.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not really impressed with Diaz videos. Suso, Paq, Mastour, Bojan came in my mind.

Would prefer Ismaila Sarr or Miranchuk instead.

- Ismaila Sarr? No thanks. He had some games he looked great but most of the time he was underwhelming.
- Miranchuk? I am not sure but he is a sort of cheap option.

But

I agree with you that Brahim Diaz highlights are mostly of him losing the ball.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It's not said that we weren't already trying. In fact, what medias report seems to be BS most of the time while what actually happens goes on unnoticed.

Yeah but just because media dont know about our transfer strategy doesnt mean we have tried.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Massara talking about Davide Calabria: "He is a product of our youth sector. Often the values of these players are downplayed. He has done well in recent years and we do not consider him on the market."

Massara on Serge Aurier: "There are many names that come close to us. Aurier is an excellent player, but at the moment there are no conditions to think about him. He is not an objective for us."

Man not upgrading the RB position seems like a serious mistake, but I guess they haven't found anyone suitable

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Zlatan doesnt need pre season.
He is a beast who is always ready for action.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This press conference screams fine as we are, which is ok I guess. Just really need depth

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
would be a wiser mercato tactic to make public statements like: our players are overvalued, we will sell them cheaper..and we are in discussion to sign all the players we are linked with, actually desperate to sign them

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If I had to guess the outlook of the mercato

There will be a backup for Theo if Laxalt is sold, Baka will come on loan for the midfield, one of Miranchuk or Diaz will arrive for depth, and the majority of the budget will be spent on a CB

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They're speaking as if they think we're already ready to go

Many commoders too. Some good results during unprecedented conditions and all of a sudden Pioli is a mastermind who will take us to glory...

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
So basically Massara just confirmed we don't have enough money for Aurier and there aren't any suitors for Calabria so we probably won't buy a new RB.

Love to see it, another season of Calabria and Conti.

would be a wiser mercato tactic to make public statements like: our players are overvalued, we will sell them cheaper..and we are in discussion to sign all the players we are linked with, actually desperate to sign them

Maldini literally said we're negotiating for Bakayoko and he's our primary target.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Massara talking about Davide Calabria: "He is a product of our youth sector. Often the values of these players are downplayed. He has done well in recent years and we do not consider him on the market."

Massara on Serge Aurier: "There are many names that come close to us. Aurier is an excellent player, but at the moment there are no conditions to think about him. He is not an objective for us."

Man not upgrading the RB position seems like a serious mistake, but I guess they haven't found anyone suitable

So basically Massara just confirmed we don't have enough money for Aurier and there aren't any suitors for Calabria so we probably won't buy a new RB.

Love to see it, another season of Calabria and Conti.

anus...massara literally said this

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
If Milan allocate more transfer funds this season as requested by fans, the losses will be even higher at the end of the financial year. And all this losses are then converted into debt which Milan need to pay interest in the next and subsequent financial statement.

In 2017, the 200m transfer spending done by the new management are eventually convert to debt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Well the Mercato has been pretty quite in all over Europe

Maybe its part of the Ecovidnomy impact

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there's much wrong with aiming for continuity now given the circumstances, economic loss and a short gap between seasons. Hopefully the side can pick up form and go for reinforcements in January

Chelsea is bringing in big name after big name but they'll hardly have time to prepare and mesh as a team

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I don't think there's much wrong with aiming for continuity now given the circumstances, economic loss and a short gap between seasons. Hopefully the side can pick up form and go for reinforcements in January

Chelsea is bringing in big name after big name but they'll hardly have time to prepare and mesh as a team

Ya I agree. Fine as we are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah, I hope this gets addressed. Declaring a player on the marcet doesn't give you leverage so I'm fine with Massara talking in one way but hopefully acting in another way behind closed doors.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Elliott and Gazidis were with their backs against the wall when they took over after nearly a decade of terrible management by B&G. I don't understand why some people refuse to see it.

I know it is well understood Elloitt inherited an absolute mess of an organisation. Just trying to pacify things I have said in several posts it will take a few years to clear up the mess left by B&G, sale to Li.

This will require time people need to understand that given the circumstances I think Maldini and Massara are doing very well.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
In kalulu i trust, in pioli i dont

Please give him a chance.. anything is better than conti and calabria... just give kalulu the chance, buy a rw and someone to compete with hakan.. all i ask

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Maldini on Gigio's renewal:
?It?s a problem, we have reached the last year of the contract, but it is right first to resolve the issue of Ibra?s renewal first. Then we will think about Gigio?s.

?We are confident because he wants to stay, there is a bit of concern because we have reached the last year, but we are ready to make offers appropriate to his value.?

Maldini on Ibra's renewal:
?We are all working hard to reach an agreement. We know it will be a short preparation, so we want to try to close in very tight deadlines.?

?It is normal that there should be a plan B, even C and D, but we have priorities and Ibrahimovic is our priority.?

Maldini on the mercato in general:
?Last year we laid the foundations for an idea of ​​Milan for the future. Nine players arrived between the summer and January,?.

?This year we will make some targeted signings. Maybe we won?t be able to make big signings like in the past, I don?t want to deceive the fans, but we are vigilant if any market opportunities arise.?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Massara: ?Calabria will stay, Aurier is not an objective.?

Now confirm Castillejo and we are fine as we are.

This club is a joke.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.