The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Who said that's the only/best way? Game time is not the only thing contributing to player development. Small teams don't have the staff, equipment and know how of top teams.

Even Varane wasn't getting much game time in his first few years with Real

It is the only way. You can't find exceptions but that's not the case of Varane, he was signed when he was 18 and he already had a Ligue 1 season.

Gabbia doesn't need staff equipment and know how of NASA, he needs to play competitive games at the level that is best for him.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli:

Ibra? He makes everything easy. He taught young people seriousness, competitiveness in every single training session. He is the first to arrive and the last to leave. These are very strong signals. He is the example to the team on how to remain at a high level. He teaches to never be satisfied. Paolo, Gazidis, Massara, me, we are all convinced that he should continue with us. From the economic negotiation it is right that I stay out, but we are all aware of what he has given".

"Gigio? He is already among the top 3-4 goalkeepers in the world. I don't even imagine Milan without him."

?Kessie? Communicating with the Ivorian was difficult, but he and I have always maintained contact: something different may have taken place. I like that he said, at 24, that he feels like a veteran who has to be an example".

"Fear of losing Theo, Donnarumma, Leao and Bennacer? Hernandez was in his first year in Italy: he will find the baggage he has expanded. Bennacer was playing for the first time in a big club and Leao, with his potential, will have to give superior results. And then there are Rebic, ?alhanoglu, Romagnoli and Kjaer."

No mention of Samu or Calabria in the core team.

Core as in frequent starter, that?s what I meant with „core but not spine (Ibra, Donna etc)“ in my terminology.

Reaction score
btw Monza has already spend about 17 million for new players. Christian Gytkjaer was one of the best strikers in polish league. Silvio somehow lures him in to Serie b, even though he was followed by a couple of bundesliga clubs :lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
yes he did
for his bad he also started other games
he is slow, not strong, needs years to learn
for deep sitting club he may look ok if he wont be error prone.

He played in the last 3 matches and he was very good in all of them.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
btw Monza has already spend about 17 million for new players. Christian Gytkjaer was one of the best strikers in polish league. Silvio somehow lures him in to Serie b, even though he was followed by a couple of bundesliga clubs :lol:

Bought joined top scorer of Croatian league, Maric, for around 5mln.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Some player just didnt work hard enough and didnt have enough luck

I think Menez worked hard, but in the wrong way. His stubbornness at not learning any kind of tactical awareness forced him to develop his straightfoward but naive style into alien levels of agility, speed and precision. Too bad that couldn't compensate.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It is the only way. You can't find exceptions but that's not the case of Varane, he was signed when he was 18 and he already had a Ligue 1 season.

Gabbia doesn't need staff equipment and know how of NASA, he needs to play competitive games at the level that is best for him.

We can't know for sure. Depends a lot where you loan him out too. Getting time in a loser team might be more detrimental to his development than learning from champions like Zlatan.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
B&G know how to do business

i wont be surprise if Monza come to Serie A next year.
Milan better show some support (like give them loanee or somthing).

things will get interesting next year :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Berlu lost 90M per year in Milan. I doubt he is losing this figure in Monza. He can afford to spend now. They also have low salaries I believe.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
He played in the last 3 matches and he was very good in all of them.

he did but also he had bad moments in games before that
point is not how he played but what he offers - if you understand the difference
thats why cutrone isnt here but leao is.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From Cellino?s words it sounds to me like he?s just trying to get inter to close the deal by using us

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Defensive backs are underrated.
I think Kalu can pull that up considering , as i heard , he can play as a CD.
Having one of those behind a winger like Leao & Diaz is great.
If Kalu is such a RB then in an ideal scenario we sell both Conti & Cala and buy an offensive RB like Aurier.
We should aim to bring a defensive LB to alternate with Theo.
Having the above will give us insane options.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kalulu hasn?t played a min of first league (or even second league) football.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also from the practise game I watched is it possible that sael is being moved to the left so he can cut in on his left. He acored a good goal like that. Maybe he will be rebics back up.and Diaz and Samu will compete for the right side. Obvs that leaves ibra and leao for the CF.(leao is very similar to what zlatan was at the same age in terms of style).

Maybe, but Saelemaekers played left because we were already missing a lot of players and both Halilovic and Castillejo can play right

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
From Cellino?s words it sounds to me like he?s just trying to get inter to close the deal by using us

No. For the tenth time learn to read between the lines. We are getting very close to Tonali while Merda have stalled their interest. Cellino wants a bidding war so he can get more cash for his own club. He of course uses media to get Merda back in the race in order to get that bidding war he so much wants. One last attempt, if Merda is not interested then he's forced to accept our offer since, as he stated, Tonali is in a hurry to leave

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Defensive backs are underrated.
I think Kalu can pull that up considering , as i heard , he can play as a CD.
Having one of those behind a winger like Leao & Diaz is great.
If Kalu is such a RB then in an ideal scenario we sell both Conti & Cala and buy an offensive RB like Aurier.
We should aim to bring a defensive LB to alternate with Theo.
Having the above will give us insane options.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree. I've seen a lot of big clubs losing due to shitty fullbacks recently. To me a fullback who defends well is a plus in the team.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BadPoliticalAidi-size_restricted.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
No. For the tenth time learn to read between the lines. We are getting very close to Tonali while Merda have stalled their interest. Cellino wants a bidding war so he can get more cash for his own club. He of course uses media to get Merda back in the race in order to get that bidding war he so much wants. One last attempt, if Merda is not interested then he's forced to accept our offer since, as he stated, Tonali is in a hurry to leave

Or, as recent rumors say, Milan want to close the deal and Elliot have given their okay to invest in Tonali so we increase our deal by a little bit so that we can close it now.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Or, as recent rumors say, Milan want to close the deal and Elliot have given their okay to invest in Tonali so we increase our deal by a little bit so that we can close it now.

Yes. Maldini saw Cellinos invitation to Merda for a bidding war which we are no interested at all. So we, of course, just raise our offer by some more just to get the deal done ASAP.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Agree. I've seen a lot of big clubs losing due to shitty fullbacks recently. To me a fullback who defends well is a plus in the team.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

BadPoliticalAidi-size_restricted.gif

That 1v1 defending by Semedo is something you are taught not to do when you are 10. "Don't ever be square with the attacker. 45 degree angle, move your feet, lead him 1 way, preferably towards your covering defender". That right there from Semedo was what you see from 10 year old kids that never understood that part. It's shocking, really, to see a player in the CL defend that way. Not saying it's easy to defend Davies in isolation, but god damn, you can't call that defending.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes. Maldini saw Cellinos invitation to Merda for a bidding war which we are no interested at all. So we, of course, just raise our offer by some more just to get the deal done ASAP.

If Inter is not interested why does the deal get need to get done ASAP? If the deal gets done after 10 days that's no problem for Milan.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Inter is not interested why does the deal get need to get done ASAP? If the deal gets done after 10 days that's no problem for Milan.

Because the reason Merda is stalling their deal is because they need to sell one of their midfielders first and then move onto Tonali. They already had a deal in place with Brescia for him. What if Merda for example sells Brozovic tomorrow already? Then they are all of the sudden back in business for Tonali. So yes, close Tonali ASAP. Preferably this very minute.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because the reason Merda is stalling their deal is because they need to sell one of their midfielders first and then move onto Tonali. They already had a deal in place with Brescia for him. What if Merda for example sells Brozovic tomorrow already? Then they are all of the sudden back in business for Tonali. So yes, close Tonali ASAP. Preferably this very minute.

I think the whole Tonali - Inter deal thing was before Conte's tantrums. Now they are more interested in Vidal. Plus there is not much news of any club seriously looking to buy Brozovic for cash.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Yes, because we want to close on the player ASAP. Why does that not make sense? Why wait for Inter to sell one of their midfielders and risk losing him because they can offer more and an obligation to buy?

Their deal beats us and already had an agreement. The smart thing since Elliot are willing to close it is just give the extra few million on the option to ensure it's a done deal. Or, you rather risk missing out?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think the whole Tonali - Inter deal thing was before Conte's tantrums. Now they are more interested in Vidal. Plus there is not much news of any club seriously looking to buy Brozovic for cash.

I was using Brozovic as just an example.

As for your first sentence, I hope you are right. But I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd rather close the deal right now

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, because we want to close on the player ASAP. Why does that not make sense? Why wait for Inter to sell one of their midfielders and risk losing him because they can offer more and an obligation to buy?

Their deal beats us and already had an agreement. The smart thing since Elliot are willing to close it is just give the extra few million on the option to ensure it's a done deal. Or, you rather risk missing out?

The deal offered ( around 10 plus 25 mil option) already seems good enough. F*** Cellino. He can accept it or go screw himself! Milan can risk missing out. For this amount they can try even for Van de Beek or for Roca and Koopmeiners at a much lower amount.

Milan have to be ruthless in doing business!

Last edited:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
10 million up front. Even if we didn’t exercise the option, Cellino would get 25 mil for Tonali next year no problem. Would come out to the same amount. We aren’t paying close to 1/3 of his transfer fee not to buy him.

I think that Tonali wants Milan and I think Conte has other players in mind. There is a certain momentum now even with the player that will be difficult to stop. Also Inter has a crowded midfield, they’ve had this deal “closed” for over a month yet they closed for Hakimi in days, Kolarov in days, etc.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Florentino is close to joining Fulham on loan with option to buy according to Calciomercato.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mediaset: Brahim Diaz to Milan only on loan, the player wants to continue his career in Real Madrid.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Mediaset: Brahim Diaz to Milan only on loan, the player wants to continue his career in Real Madrid.

Then he can stay and rot in their bench then with his 0,4M salary

Status
Not open for further replies.