Week 25: Milan - Udinese 03/03/2021 20:45 CET

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao 6 goals in 29 games wow

6 goals, 6 assists. How many games did he start?

Chill out. He had a poor performance but those stats are in his favour not the other way around. If you trying to build a case against him that?s not what you should use.

iparrot

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If there is one thing i have noticed with Leao is when he gets the ball early on in the game and he runs at people he seems to be fired up, if he doesn't see much of the ball early on, He starts to lose focus.. Might be wrong but just my observation.

iparrot

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Johan cruif once said, technique is about passing the Ball to your team mate with correct direction and correct speed and correct spot

Tell Samu that, he will pass it slightly behind you and make you lose seconds..

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Rebic fans criticising Leao who is not even playing in his position :lol:

Leao might not even have anywhere near the ceiling you are bestowing on him and you need to acknowledge that. Most of the time he is extremely mediocre even in games he scores. Very pedestrian and ineffective a lot of the time.

Just the reality. He needs to really up his game

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
FB-IMG-1614809782207.jpg

IMG-20210303-231616.jpg

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If there is one thing i have noticed with Leao is when he gets the ball early on in the game and he runs at people he seems to be fired up, if he doesn't see much of the ball early on, He starts to lose focus.. Might be wrong but just my observation.

He wasn?t great but the service wasn?t great either. Especially first half. A few times he had to come deep because he had to, so he could get a touch on the ball.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Man is so much trash - he ran for a free ball (with the defender behind him) and you would think he would pick up the ball and sprint forward?

No - the buffoon continues to peak behind him and just loses it.
Absolute waste

Absolute waste. That is the right term. But he still starts games. There is no sense.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: Theos offensive game is overrated.

Plays like a complete idiot

If he could pick his head up and either switch the ball or play it inside when he goes on one of his runs maybe they would actually amount to something instead of giving the other team a fast break opportunity and making kessis job that much harder.

Also Leao, he wasnt at fault for the way we played today as he really didnt have service, but I think we should move on from him. Dont think he'll turn out how we think we will.

iparrot

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He wasn?t great but the service wasn?t great either. Especially first half. A few times he had to come deep because he had to, so he could get a touch on the ball.

Yeah but i wasn't only talking about this game

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
moze cl moze ne
macedonian?? :heart:

Pfff that own goal? He still missed the shot. Actually i don't know it was a shit or a pass.

you asked about something good i just answered ;)

Tonight he can choose saele over samu
And tonaly as AM instead of brahim

you know this options guarantee just a bit more (saele > samu sure but he also isnt great), diaz is acm... tonali is cm
just hope they deliver

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary::

- Awful result tbh.

- Samu? Nothing of nothing.

- Brahum? Let's be honest, he is a good change of pace type of player but not starter.

- Leao? Facepalm lord. He might have all the talent on the world but if he does not have the desire/hunger then it is going to be the same story. Some good games, many more shitty ones.

- Rebic? Bas but showed more desire while clearly injured.

- Meite? His first 10 minutes were prettu good. After that just a body,

- Hauge? He needs to believe on himself. Overall disappointing

- Gigio? Conceded a terrible goal at the worst time.

- Motm? Kessie by miles.

Not having a decent backup for Hakan is really a problem.

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
On another note, Pioli and his stupid rotation. When a player is in form, you need to play him consistently to improve his confidence. I still remember Elsharawy scoring single-handedly carried milan that year (20 goals).

I would have thought Sallad started based on his Roma performance. But no, Pioli thinks otherwise

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Leao is so fking lazy. Also he look like he doesnt care. He should be sold. Too many bad games. Also castillejo is not good enough. I hope next season if we get the CL. Thauvin and Rebic will be our wingers, with hauge as backup lw and Saelemaekers backup rw.
We definitely need a new striker

That wont get us far in the champions league. If those are our 4 wing options we will crash out in group stage

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: Theos offensive game is overrated.

Plays like a complete idiot

If he could pick his head up and either switch the ball or play it inside when he goes on one of his runs maybe they would actually amount to something instead of giving the other team a fast break opportunity and making kessis job that much harder.

Also Leao, he wasnt at fault for the way we played today as he really didnt have service, but I think we should move on from him. Dont think he'll turn out how we think we will.

problem with theo we rely on him too much - we have limited other options so he starts playing like that
we allow him to do what he wants instead of playing more often simply football.
too many pointless runs rather than smart passes, taking corners when we have tonali for it

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What I have learnt from thos game, watching as well as playing, is that against these teams such as Udinese parking the bus on their penalty area, you must push very hard and give everything to score in the first 30 minutes of the game. If you don't, then you are on really big trouble as when time passes, they gain confidence and you start with panic.
We played like we thought we had infinite time and then just woke up after going behind. That's not a Winner mentality.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Could be an important draw. Udinese is never easy, not in the 20 years I followed Milan.

Avanti.

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
Who else thinks playing Kalulu on the Right and Calabria on RWB would be better than Samu. Tonite, Kalulu made better forward play than Samu

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
moze cl moze ne

macedonian??

you asked about something good i just answered ;)

you know this options guarantee just a bit more (saele > samu sure but he also isnt great), diaz is acm... tonali is cm

just hope they deliver
Seele not great compare to messi
But can deliver much more than samu
Tonali is faster and stronger than brahim,
Krunic is not ACM either but Pioli plays him there, hell he played meite once there against juve

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Honestly tonight showed that we cant rely on our rotation players. Just not good enough. Hope that we sell Leao, Castilejo, and do not buy Diaz, Meite, Dalot. If we get a good offer for Roma sell him. Lend out Hauge to acclimatate to Serie A.

Our bench is very very weak. Our overall offensive power is weak to be honest. a 40 year old striker, Samu and Saele who score 2 goals and get 2 assists all season, streaky players like Rebic and Hakan and a nonchalant Leao. Bench players like Meite and Krunic who offer nothing if we are chasing a game and Hauge who is lost and needs a full season on loan

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao might not even have anywhere near the ceiling you are bestowing on him and you need to acknowledge that. Most of the time he is extremely mediocre even in games he scores. Very pedestrian and ineffective a lot of the time.

Just the reality. He needs to really up his game

Once again Rebic?s passing.

EvlqQ9HXcAIFS3Z.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Our bench is very very weak. Our overall offensive power is weak to be honest. a 40 year old striker, Samu and Saele who score 2 goals and get 2 assists all season, streaky players like Rebic and Hakan and a nonchalant Leao. Bench players like Meite and Krunic who offer nothing if we are chasing a game and Hauge who is lost and needs a full season on loan

Thats why we need Thauvin who scores goals and not Otavio who has 3 goals in Liga NOS.

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
If you ask me, I would say to beat this Udinese side is very easy. All you need is disciplined tactics.
Players who can move the ball quickly (One-Two passes)
Players with good vision, able to pick out players from midfield
Players who can take on defenders

It might sound as if we don't have such players, but we do. Its either their brain needs to be rebooted or that of the coach.

Rebic can cause problems from the flank
Laeo can cause problems from the flank
Hauge can draw fouls from defenders
Diaz can commit defenders and at least draw some fouls and cards

What da hell is wrong??????

Schedule