The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
What is special about Vlahovic, he is just tall, if you want a tall player get Kalajdzic, he is 2m.
I can understand people wanting an Ibra 2.0 and having a hard on for skill. But f-ing Vlahovic? Belotti is a massively better deal than a one season wonder like Vlahovic.

Vlahovic is 7 years younger. How can you label him a 'one season wonder' can you name any other 20/21 year old striker that's in double digits for the season in Serie A? Belotti couldn't even be considered a one season wonder at 20/21.

30m+ is considered a good deal for Belotti(OK) if he replaces Mandzu, everyone would welcome him. To lead the line on Milan's return to the big stage... no.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What is special about Vlahovic, he is just tall, if you want a tall player get Kalajdzic, he is 2m.
I can understand people wanting an Ibra 2.0 and having a hard on for skill. But f-ing Vlahovic? Belotti is a massively better deal than a one season wonder like Vlahovic.

Yes I think skill and physicality are very important for a modern striker. Not to mention he's left-footed (would be our only left-footed striker) and young. Also, works his butt off. Higher ceiling than a Belotti.

Still not my first choice but he's our best option in Serie A.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Some of u re nuts.
Belotti for 20 or 25 s great deal. Who re u going to get in our position? Haaland? Belotti s good player, hardworker. Ibra ll get destroyed in high intensity games. Even if we get him that doesnt mean we wont get someone else. Improve this year with cl money and next year go for some wc striker.

This is my take on getting him as well.
However ppl are fuckin deluded here and thinking that he's going to automagically become world class. This is annoying. So you'll understand if I troll them a bit :D

Again I would love to be wrong AF and he turns into Batistuta. But the guy isn't even a starter for a super mediocre Italy.... unless you think Immobile to be world class

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
George Weah is from Liberia
Dont be that guy - talent can come from remote places

I was literally demonstrating how I'm not that guy. It was a response to someone who admitted he doubt Belotti because of his nationality and I made it clear why that is stupid.

I guess my ways are so sophisticated and refined people can't even comprehend

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Belotti is more than a hard worker. His passing has improved and he can create chances somewhat, he’s good at running through the channels and getting the ball into the box. Would really compliment a guy like rebic for example. Good with both feet, good overall athlete, decent chance creation, and still an excellent aerial threat. He fits this team well. Belotti fits Milan a lot better than a Napoli or Juve for example. Getting a guy like belotti might mean down the line that Pioli can afford to play a more attacking oriented right winger, if we’re more mobile and pressing from the front foot consistently.

Vlahovic is a good fit here also, he’s an interesting player but he is pretty raw even now. Great athlete, mobile and big, knows how to link up, has scored some really impressive goals. But his scoring touch is still really hot and cold, he seems to score in spurts. A young team environment with a coach like Pioli would suit him but being a striker at Milan is hard. I guess with Ibra still here though now would be the time to let him sit and learn.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I was literally demonstrating how I'm not that guy. It was a response to someone who admitted he doubt Belotti because of his nationality and I made it clear why that is stupid.

I guess it was lost (on me) in the ether

-glad I was wrong

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lot of you guys clearly haven’t actually watched belotti really, maybe ever but definitely not since his hype season. Those who say things like he is severely limited, no passing or link up ability, dud on the ball, flat out wrong. Someone even wrote because of his height he cannot head the ball, when his aerial game is probably one of his major strengths lmao. Discredits everything else you guys say.

He really doesn’t have any severe limitation or weakness to his game, the concern is just whether he’s really good enough or not. Meaning he is decent to above average in many things but not particularly exceptional in anything. That’s a legitimate concern, being a lead striker at a big club is hard and sometimes you need to be able to do at least one thing in a stand out fashion. But belotti is certainly not some lapadula who works hard and occasionally finds a goal.

I’ll add that mentality is super important for being a striker at Milan, and this is fortunately one thing I don’t think belotti will struggle in. With vlahovic I’d be worried he may go 10 games without scoring like Leao, and the fans will turn on him quickly. Belotti is a captain and has lead his team for years, I think he is strong in that regard. A lot of people, including me, thought immobile was average after he failed in Germany and Spain, and he came back to win the European golden boot. Not saying belotti will become that, but it means something when a player is mentally strong and finds a team that suits his style. He consistently has gotten around 15 goals for a bad Torino team, you’d assume that moving to a better attacking team would mean he could find around 20 as a starter here.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
The AC Milan flop striker membership:
Lapadula, Boriello, Destro, Kalinic, Luiz Adriano, Fernando Torres, Gonzalo Higuain, Andre Silva, Matri, Piatek

and new member will join them soon.. Mr. Andrea Belotti

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
suppose you applied for a job at man city as a chief scout, and you're now having an interview with Mr. Pep Guardiola
Pep: "I need a striker"
you: "Andrea Belotti"

can you imagine how Guardiola will react to that answer?

What world do you live in? Man City and Pep live in a world Milan can't at the moment.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I like Belotti and for the rumored fees it's a good deal. I am curious as what Raul Jimenez would cost?

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Plato once said that the inability of your mind to develop imagination will makes you dumb.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Belotti would be a real asset for Pep's City.

Argument it.

A more reliable finisher than Gabriel Jesus, that's for sure.

But I don't think his goal record is as impressive as it's made out to be, once you deduct the PK goals.

If we look at the last 6 Serie A seasons

Appearances: 26
Goals: 9

Appearances: 36
Goals: 9

Appearances: 37
Goals: 10

Appearances: 32
Goals: 10

Appearances: 35
Goals: 24

Appearances: 35
Goals: 8

There's one great season, but the rest is average.

Still, I'm #BelottiIn, provided it's a 20-25m fee at most.
He gets a lot of assists for a striker, doesn't cheat out of the defensive phase.
I think he'll get the same kind of service as in 16/17 season.
We attack in large numbers, like Miha's ultra-offensive Torino with Falque, Ljajic, Baselli, Bennassi, Valdifiori.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree. No idea how some people claim that we are 'performing well' :lol:
Before mid-December we did play beautiful football though.

No one here claimed that the team is performing well lately.
Don't be a dumbass.

Amrabat would be quite interesting.

Not really.
He's the better one in the awful Pulgar-Amrabat duo, but still overrated and probably also overpriced, like many other Fiorentina players.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
The AC Milan flop striker membership:
Lapadula, Boriello, Destro, Kalinic, Luiz Adriano, Fernando Torres, Gonzalo Higuain, Andre Silva, Matri, Piatek

and new member will join them soon.. Mr. Andrea Belotti

Meh, Pjontek first 6-month were great.
some fans were creating this meme where they compare Pjontek-Paq to Sheva-Kaka

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
What is this absolute bullshit I am reading about a Romagnoli Bernardeschi swap if this is the case management have truly lost it. What an absolute waste of space he is his first touch is dreadful amd he offers nothing to the team.

Have we not learnt our lesson dealing with Juve?

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Piguain scores double digit for 10 straight seasons prior to joining Milan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What is this absolute bullshit I am reading about a Romagnoli Bernardeschi swap if this is the case management have truly lost it. What an absolute waste of space he is his first touch is dreadful amd he offers nothing to the team.

Have we not learnt our lesson dealing with Juve?

Calma :lol:

It's a made up report in April.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

#Castillejo its market is mainly in Spain. The #Milan asks for 10 million,#Monchi thinks about it since it's an old thing of his. But in addition to the #Siviglia , also the #Valencia he's interested. [Estadio Deportivo]

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What on earth is Juventus gonna do with Romagnoli anyway? They have De Ligt - Demiral - Chiellini and Bonucci. Bernardeschi is better then Castillejo though, but not CL starting material atm.
I like the idea of Tomori and kjaer as starting cbs next season, with Kalulu and Gabbia as backups.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes I think skill and physicality are very important for a modern striker. Not to mention he's left-footed (would be our only left-footed striker) and young. Also, works his butt off. Higher ceiling than a Belotti.

Still not my first choice but he's our best option in Serie A.

Vlahovic is 7 years younger. How can you label him a 'one season wonder' can you name any other 20/21 year old striker that's in double digits for the season in Serie A? Belotti couldn't even be considered a one season wonder at 20/21.

30m+ is considered a good deal for Belotti(OK) if he replaces Mandzu, everyone would welcome him. To lead the line on Milan's return to the big stage... no.

Vlahovic can become what Belotti is now imo, I see only more risk but zero upside in getting Vlahovic, other than age maybe ... and even here one can argue that the 27yo is actually better for our age structure.
In terms of physicality and work rate Belotti is 10/10, he is also two-footed by the way.

People where reluctant to get Chiesa for 50m who is the much more gifted player imo, and now want to shell that sum out for Vlahovic.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Dusan Vlahovic.

I like him but Fiorentina asking for 40m and Milan still have other position to fill as well so I doubt Milan will get him.

Belotti is decent for a backup and affordable as well. It has got nothing to do with him as a Italian or as a Milan fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule