Italian Football Thread III

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Juventus dominant for most of the game, impressive considering Inter have rarely been on the back foot this season. That said, Sensi injury was a huge blow and I think Inter would've won if it wasn't for that. Who knows, maybe with him out it'll impact them further.

lol sensi wouldn't do jack. He is just another mediocre player like a perotta.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Imagine if Sampdoria reappoint Giampaolo to save them from relegation.

Well, Claudio Ranieri will be the new Sampdoria manager.

First game in charge? Roma at the Luigi Marassi.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Claudio Lotito: "I am asking for results. I gave Lazio a Ferrari of a team, now we have to achieve our objectives. I pay these players to win, otherwise I may as well field the youth team"

:head:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He's correct. By not selling Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto, he has invested in Champions League qualification minimum. They've under-achieved last year and so far this year as well.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Claudio Lotito: "I am asking for results. I gave Lazio a Ferrari of a team, now we have to achieve our objectives. I pay these players to win, otherwise I may as well field the youth team"

:head:

:lol:

This gonna be a fun season for Lazio.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Inter will be without Alexis Sanchez for three months so Sebastiano Esposito is set to miss the U17 World Cup with Italy

3 months out, and how much are Inter going to pay him during that period?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
https://www.football-italia.net/145362/gasp-furious-zapata-injury Justified fury. This injury could potentially cost them a few points at least - which might be the difference between 40 million euros through a CL qualification.

Does anyone have a real reason why internationals can't be bunched together in the middle of the season or something?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atalanta steam rolling past Lazio.

Also this boy Malinovskiy is another rising star in Serie A this season. (Also another of Sheva’s achievers in Ukraine).

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We aren’t meant to get it dcfc. Atalanta is much better than us. We are fighting for 5th.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Atalanta steam rolling past Lazio.

Also this boy Malinovskiy is another rising star in Serie A this season. (Also another of Sheva’s achievers in Ukraine).

Sheva?
Let’s call them Racing Genk and their excellent scouting and guiding staff.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
First match after the international break and it's a match that won't be topped this round.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
still impressed

2 penos to lazio and they missed a sitter 3-2

they play far better than anyone outside the top 3

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Well both dropping points is helpful for top 4.... if we can turn the season around ourselves. Maybe it's a sign.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bologna doing well to stay in this game, but Juve just too strong I think.

This is the first time I'm seeing Rabiot play properly. Really strong if he times his moves better.

Sheva?
Let’s call them Racing Genk and their excellent scouting and guiding staff.

Ahhh another Genk boy eh. Can't get enough of them these days.

Last edited:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
654863f12f628dac3d03cd26cc572082.jpg

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Can't believe how Bologna missed that chance and then Buffon saved that bicycle kick.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon once again back to guaranteeing 3 points for Juve. It's difficult to believe he'll ever stop being good.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Buffon once again back to guaranteeing 3 points for Juve. It's difficult to believe he'll ever stop being good.

The year is 2049, a 71-year old Buffon is wheelchaired out to the CL final between AC Milan and Juventus. It is the keeper's last chance to win the coveted CL trophy he has lost on so many occasions.

Referees have been replaced by fully automated VAR (sponsored by Fiat this year) who have build Buffon a wheelchair that can predict ball direction and automatically move his position to save any shot.

Entering the final minute at 0-0, Paolo Maldini Jr (Maldini's grandson) steps up to take a freekick. Milan haven't scored a setpiece since 2019 - 30 years ago - because they are awful at it. A flashback to banter era times with the likes of Suso and Hakan, Maldini Jr realizes what must be done. He immediately thinks in his mind's eye to shoot into row Z like has been the case all of these years to trick VARventus' Buffon-powered goalkeeping machine into thinking the shot will go wide and out of the stadium. Instead, he hits it right across the ground, the ball rolling between the wheels of Buffon's wheelchair.

A roar erupts from the crowd as the final whistle is then blown, Buffon defeated yet again even though Agnelli literally bought over the referees and replaced them with mindless automatons. As AC Milan celebrate their 20th - and now overtaking Real Madrid as most wins - Champion's League trophy, a distraught Buffon is seen being embraced by Nedved on the sidelines. VARventus now have the record for most CL finals losses as Buffon disintegrates into the ether... his tale is told. Only a buffoon could lose so much when it really mattered.

~ FIN

Schedule