Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thankfully you don't have a say in that

When he first came he was never injured then he got a bad stamp and after that the muscle problems started to show up and continued to plague him. On the pitch he showed tremendous potential so I really don't understand why you think fans wouldn't romanticize and project his career.

You who see flickers from scrubs in preseason and then talk about them as some dominant figure shouldn't begrudge fans who saw a teenager do amazing things on the highest stage.

Watched his highlights twice on the Milan 100 at Casa :star::proud:

:star:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
This Pato romanticizing is quite funny. The guy was always injured, and mostly unprofessional off the pitch. Doesn’t deserve a byline in Milan’s story of the last 20 years.

You would think being the joint-lead scorer for the last Milan team to win Serie A would at least be remembered fondly for that...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
You would think being the joint-lead scorer for the last Milan team to win Serie A would at least be remembered fondly for that...

I think you're mistaken, that was current Italy international Bertolacci.

Necro's pick for the next Pirlo

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
This Pato romanticizing is quite funny. The guy was always injured, and mostly unprofessional off the pitch. Doesn’t deserve a byline in Milan’s story of the last 20 years.

Put Gigio aside and Pato was the last jewel we had in our squad, there was no person alive that didn't have SUPER HIGH hopes for this dude.

Future Balon D'or winner but what went wrong i guess we'll find out in 5-10 years.

In my opinion he was supposed to be what Mbape will be in the future.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Fiorentina want him with papu gomes

Maldini

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Future Balon D'or winner but what went wrong i guess we'll find out in 5-10 years.

It was all the cocaina bro. No need to wait 5-10 years.

I mean, I cant blaim him. Give me money and send me to Milanos high society please.

Last edited:

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
because all of you smart guys, hang out with him when he played here and now know what were his problems :fp:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
because all of you smart guys, hang out with him when he played here and now know what were his problems :fp:

I dont think him training too hard was the reason he failed.

Cocaina bro and him being Berlusconis step son for 15min. Probably had a better life than he would have being Capocannoniere tbh.

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
injuries aside do you think Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was bad influence on him and his carreer?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Just remembered that he actually played for Chelsea at one point & loads of random clubs :lol: Still much love for Pato.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
injuries aside do you think Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was bad influence on him and his carreer?

Not that I'm saying that it couldn't be.....but it's not an excuse.
Dida, Kaka, Lucio, Cafu etc were around these guys more than Pato.
Neymar came up afterwards. They all did exceptionally well.
Pato's failings are on himself and his injuries. And you couldn't find a bigger fanboy of him. Hell I got two of his shirts :o

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
Not that I'm saying that it couldn't be.....but it's not an excuse.
Dida, Kaka, Lucio, Cafu etc were around these guys more than Pato.
Neymar came up afterwards. They all did exceptionally well.
Pato's failings are on himself and his injuries. And you couldn't find a bigger fanboy of him. Hell I got two of his shirts :o

i mean Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho was his Milan Teammates and those 3 was known for their party lifestyle i mean you know the story of Ronaldo gave Pato Playboy magazine

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score
I read theory that MilanLab wanted to 'upgrade' Pato (force him to gain more muscle) and they overdid it. Thats why he became injury prone. And then he lost his speed/acc and the rest is history. Nowdays - if somobody think about 'what if' - u can look at Mbappe - same type of player.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was not partying or injuries. The dude just never really developed his skillset and tactical understanding.

His game is as raw today as it was when at 18. He still can do those instinctive runs to the box (altough he has lost some of this speed and acceleration now) and he still has that slick and fast dribbles and eventual great finishing touch.

And he still can't use this consistently, he still can't play outside the box cause his short passes and first touch turn/control is still bad and he still can't do the more demanding job of a pivot and he still is not smart enough to be a pure poacher either.

We all saw those weakness when he had arrived at Milan but he was so young and had such raw tools that you would just assume it was just a matter of time and training. But it never happened. That's the thing with potential: sometimes it is doesn't become real.

Mbappe at 22 is a much more complete player than he was at 17.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It was not partying or injuries. The dude just never really developed his skillset and tactical understanding.

His game is as raw today as it was when at 18. He still can do those instinctive runs to the box (altough he has lost some of this speed and acceleration now) and he still has that slick and fast dribbles and eventual great finishing touch.

And he still can't use this consistently, he still can't play outside the box cause his short passes and first touch turn/control is still bad and he still can't do the more demanding job of a pivot and he still is not smart enough to be a pure poacher either.

We all saw those weakness when he had arrived at Milan but he was so young and had such raw tools that you would just assume it was just a matter of time and training. But it never happened. That's the thing with potential: sometimes it is doesn't become real.

Mbappe at 22 is a much more complete player than he was at 17.

Thanks Sven. Everything was instinctive as you said, that's why his dribbles were straight line runs, often into defenders. Great goalscorer though.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
i must say back during the tevez saga...i preferred pato!:g:

so dumb

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
truly one of a kind we probably will never see again. leao doesnt come even close imho

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Sadly he was over his peak by that, great goal but he was awesome in 2009-11 especially wherever inzaghi was healthy. He never had football sense so much was invested on him.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
I think ronaldinho was a bad signing for him. He was no where near r9 and r10 or maradona where you can party whole week and dominate the opposition. Also his football sense was so wrecked. He was amazing in ancelotti’s last year when we were playing in Europa league. Feels like balotellis calmer twin. We were arguing who is better him or aguero

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Pato was supereme godlike level talent. Mbappe was not his level.