Videogames Thread

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I love AoE3 because of the capitals which level up. I enjoy playing with the Russians (good for rushing and bullying opponents) and the Dutch (financially strong if a game goes into age IV).

I got those expansion packs too with the Asians and Indians. But I've been too lazy to look into their strategies.

ah yes, russians are fun to play with and hard to play against

check out these campaigns (if you're not too lazy:D)

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?&category=single&start=0&s=r&o=d

there's even a game of thrones campaign

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
This looks like many hours :lol:

In a 2vs2, Russians and the Dutch are a good combo. One raids villagers with their Cosacks and cheap infantry should threat and force opponents to defend themselves. All that while the Dutch get their space to boom :thumbsup:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
All about Age of Empires II.

Any day.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Does anybody else here play hearthstone ?

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Have been playing Undertale recently and I am now torn between it and The Phantom Pain for my GOTY.

It's a masterpiece!

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Have been playing Undertale recently and I am now torn between it and The Phantom Pain for my GOTY.

It's a masterpiece!

Just purchased the Phantom Pain and played 2 hours. Have no fucking idea what is going on (never played the series except 5 mins of G/O)

Just completed life is strange - that shit is heavy.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I like games with a big open world. There are tons of interesting and diverse side missions. The main story is awesome. And the variety in dialogues make me feel like every game is different. Depending on questioning and answering, you make your own story. There are a lot of cutscenes, some pretty long even. So, you really feel like it's a movie sometimes.

The game is dark, sometimes even depressing. I didn't feel much for it at first, but you will get into it thanks to the storyline and characters. It requires some patience. Personally, I enjoy weapons like swords and crossbows in games over guns. Alchemy and crafting is really diverse too. I have no sight on the amount of potions, bombs, etc and equipment and weapons you can make, but from what I see...endless possibilities. The Witcher can cast spells to help you in fights or get through obstacles in the open world.

Safe to say that each gamer has its own kind of Witcher, as you can upgrade skills and abilities in your Witcher's personality. You get a point each time you level up. Levelling up differs, experience points are easier to gather when you play on an easier difficulty level. You can improve in general fighting, alchemy and spells. Once upgraded a skill, you can assign it to a slot. There aren't unlimited slots so you cant be best in everything.

Also, there is a game of cards called Gwent. Pretty addicting as one of the side missions is to collect all cards. You can play innkeepers, landlords, merchants and other excellent Gwent players listed in the side quest. Imagine it like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh with more factions.
Gwent is piss easy :o
All you need are spy cards, medics and decoys

I can't believe how long this game is lol, I've been playing for a month and I still haven't gone to Skellige

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
The Phantom Pain...

The game that has got me out of 'Life is Strange' depression.

Everything feels right so far. I was overwhelmed initially with the freedom I got playing the first main level (took me a month) but the second I got the mechanics and strategies I've been hooked.

Awesome stuff

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Still nowhere near finished The Phantom Pain.

This game is my life. It's my escape. It takes me to my happy place. I don't think I'll finish it until June but I am so glad I picked it up. What a masterpiece. From the 80's soundtrack, the ability to take on your objective in any way you desire to the way you manage staff in your private army... I can't recommend this game enough to anyone who enjoys a game that respects the decisions you choose to make. Cinematics have their moments but the clutch moments are almost always tactics and routes you choose to take in the middle of a mission. Whether it'd be taking out an outpost on the side of your main objective (which could take ages depending on their skill) just so you can fulton old mate who has A++ on one of his stats to bring him on your side or just spending time building Mother Base.

Game is an absolute gem. Keen to play Doom, Uncharted 4 and whatnot but MGSV just gives me so much satisfaction.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i've got it ever since it released and I only played the prologue. (i think) steam says I have 3h in game

last thing I remember is being on an oil rig

I think I'd enjoy it but I just can't find the time

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
The most difficult part of the game for me was the beginning. It took me a month to power through the Prologue and the first mission (I was purely overwhelmed). Once you go over that hill the game starts to pick up at a rapid rate. Despite being in the early hours of the game, you still get the same kick of adrenaline I get at X (20-30 I think) hours in.

I play the game at 2 hour bursts when I'm free. You'll never finish it or progress deeply enough if you intend to finish it in a short while as it can get quite exhausting. There is so much things I could describe but I won't take the shock value of encountering them for the first time from you.

One thing I regret was not managing my time with The Witcher 3. Arkham Knight came out and I never truly got back into it.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
I played Ground Zeroes for 5 minutes last year. Was overwhelmed at the task at hand and never really invested myself in it. I never looked at much gameplay, trailers or even read reviews (I knew it was rated highly). My only other experience with the series was on the PSP where I was skipping dialogue all fucking day and never bothered there.

No joke but the game case kept radiating itself on me. As I picked up a whole host of other games instead of it, it continued to be a game that i needed to get on at some point. I started disliking open world games because Ubisoft kept regurgitating the same shit over and over again and it left me diluted. Witcher 3 gave me hope, Fallout 4 did me no favours as I couldn't get into it at all but MGSV... again... I'm nowhere near done, I don't want to discuss many key moments as it's best to experience first hand but I'm so glad I did.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Anybody playing Dark Souls 3?

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody playing Dark Souls 3?

I have heaps of friends who have and they say it's brilliant. Haven't picked it up yet because of Uni. Might pick it up a few months down the road.

--

MGSV's difficulty exponentiated real hard real quickly after the end of the first chapter. :thumbsup: It'll mean slower progress but I'm not gonna give up on it until I am done.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Witcher 3 was great but when I heard about NG+, I stopped playing, was going to resume when it's available. have yet to go back.. :lol:

Fallout 4 was fun but the novelty wore off fast!

MGS V is my Co-GOTY, that game was awesome!

And about Dank Souls III:

It's one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen and is the sequel I wanted. :proud:

Too bad it's the last in the series... :cry:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've played all the others Demons, Darks, Bloodborne

DS3 is by far & away the hardest IMO

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I've played all the others Demons, Darks, Bloodborne

DS3 is by far & away the hardest IMO

I was actually concerned about the difficulty due to experience with the series but boy was I pleasantly surprised! :lol:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I haven't tried the last Dark Souls.
The 1st was one of the shittiest ports I've ever seen, so I barely played it.
The 2nd one was a better port but still mediocre...it just felt unfinished. I can look past the outdated animations, the bland colour palette, but I just couldn't adapt to the unresponsiveness of the controls.

I understand people who enjoy a difficult game. I had friends who'd read guides, do research etc. and then would feel great after defeating an enemy. I don't have time for that + I want to be able to figure out my own way of overcoming obstacles. I play games to relax, it's my "me-time", I play them for gameplay and atmosphere and I felt Dark Souls' were not enough.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
buttela, Dark Souls or Ratchet and Clank?

Ratchet and Clank 1000%

I'll pick it up on the weekend - my younger bro will finish it and then I'll play it after assessments cool off.

Uncharted and Doom not too long afterwards. Soooo exciting

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Ratchet and Clank...

Sealed and 10 centimetres away from me. Can't touch it till Friday night :sad:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
my mouse died and I need to buy a new one, please help me pick a colour:

Ae9a0KS.png

The full black one is 10$+transport more expensive than the others

The ones with black on top are rubberized

I'd buy the red and black one but the red is way too glossy...maybe the golden one in honour of the 13/14 3rd kit

Last edited:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like the purple & white ones the best. I'd purple