Round of 16: Brazil 1-1 Chile (Penalties: 3-2) - Saturday 28/06/2014 18:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the quarter-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
i swear if neymar had missed that and chile scored :phew: with all the haters/bad critics in here...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sampaoli is great. Chile started the game sleeping but once they settled in the game until the players had legs, Chile was superior, specially in the second half.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Poor Chile. Mauricio Pinilla almost made himself a hero as well. I would've enjoyed that.

Jara totally looked like he was gonna miss. Fake swagger and what not.

Love Sampaoli too. He's definitely the next Bielsa.

:thumbsup: exactly

Very annoying team minus T. Silva.

+1 Irritating team.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
i swear if neymar had missed that and chile scored :phew: with all the haters/bad critics in here...

:thumbsup:
The guy is simply great. Haters will always hate. Multiply the pressure on the shoulders of every player in this game by 10 and you'll get the pressure Brazil has placed on his young shoulders....and the guy has stood tall and taken it all like a champ. If Brazil get knocked out the next game or not I have gained so much more respect for him :star:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Can't stand Hulk. So big and strong but such a whiny bitch that falls down whenever there is a light breeze. Disgusting player.

Perhaps his nick was an ironic one before he became a pro player and buffed up to dissimulate.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
This world cup is amazing

Brazil still unconvincing, Julio Cesar coming up big.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love Sampaoli too. He's definitely the next Bielsa.

I've seem enough to think he's better than Bielsa. Has more tricks to show and is more pragmatic.

Bielsa wouldn't defend a game to the end like that.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I've seem enough to think he's better than Bielsa. Has more tricks to show and is more pragmatic.

Definitely more pragmatic, true.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, Internacional bought Aranguiz for 3M before the WC (that after he was awesome in a 6-months loan).

Udinese usually don't get ripped like that. He's worth at least 8 right now...

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Can safely say that every Chile player needs a hug right now.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
You know Pato failed his carreer when Jo and Fred are called up and he isn't

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BTW, Internacional bought Aranguiz for 3M before the WC (that after he was awesome in a 6-months loan).

Udinese usually don't get ripped like that. He's worth at least 8 right now...

I had read an article that said 12 million dollars. Not certain.

Also, Napoli would be happy at the way Edu Vargas' value would have increased after the world cup. They seemed to have forgotten him. Can sell him for a good sum now.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
brazil are lucky to have silva

dani alves is just :fp:
hope scolari will bench him and play maicon instead

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, to win this competition you needed that lil bit of luck. They don't need to play well or entertain IMO. Winning is all that should matter.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had read an article that said 12 million dollars. Not certain.

Also, Napoli would be happy at the way Edu Vargas' value would have increased after the world cup. They seemed to have forgotten him. Can sell him for a good sum now.

Just checked. 12M in local currency = 4M Euros

Vargas had a good loan spell at Valencia + good WC... Will be worth a decent money for sure.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Honestly, to win this competition you needed that lil bit of luck. They don't need to play well or entertain IMO. Winning is all that should matter.

This is true, its only upsetting to see an underdog go for so little.

I don't dislike Brazil's team, but I do near hate how Julio was handed Serie A titles and now those penalties :thumbsdown:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The way Brazil is playing they need the whole luck of the world.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know Pato failed his carreer when Jo and Fred are called up and he isn't

I disagree not because his royal laziness, because like I said before this is a team where only Neymar is supposed to shine. Just imagine Felipao telling Rivaldo in wc2002 to just play as a winger and GTFO from Ronaldo's way; that is what he is doing with Oscar.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree not because his royal laziness, because like I said before this is a team where only Neymar is supposed to shine. Just imagine Felipao telling Rivaldo in wc2002 to just play as a winger and GTFO from Ronaldo's way; that is what he is doing with Oscar.

I don't think you can blame Scolari for building the team around Neymar. Even, when Neymar was wide the offense was going through him. This tactic which I happen to dislike of Neymar central and Oscar wide seems to be because he wants Neymar to have a free role with less defensive responsibility. Carlos kinda of did the same thing with C. Ronaldo.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
+ the third in line was Alan Kardec

I was discussing this over the match. What happened with the 2009 U20 team.

Actually in attack (and creative midfield) there's almost 10 years of failed brazilian projects. In this WC Adriano should be in his farewell WC but still being dangerous, Pato should be on his prime as best CF in the world, and Neymar should be the new upcoming talent not the biggest hope.

Oscar and Neymar are great players, but they're kids, they shouldn't be carrying the burden.

Aránguiz pk is the best pk ever. And Sánchez was a beast in this game, perhaps best game I've seen of his. Vidal was also great till he was too tired. Its just a shame we lost Chile so early.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Bielsa would've lost this one 3-0. He's too stubborn. I think he's great, but he lacks flexibility in tactics. Sampaoli knows how to adapt to his rival's game perfectly.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was discussing this over the match. What happened with the 2009 U20 team.

Actually in attack (and creative midfield) there's almost 10 years of failed brazilian projects. In this WC Adriano should be in his farewell WC but still being dangerous, Pato should be on his prime as best CF in the world, and Neymar should be the new upcoming talent not the biggest hope.

Oscar and Neymar are great players, but they're kids, they shouldn't be carrying the burden.

Aránguiz pk is the best pk ever. And Sánchez was a beast in this game, perhaps best game I've seen of his. Vidal was also great till he was too tired. Its just a shame we lost Chile so early.

Don't even need to go that far

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_América_final_stages#Brazil_v_Paraguay

It's a very different starting 11 from Copa America

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I can't remember how penalties in a shootout work.... Pretty sure they don't count towards your "official goal tally" right? They just go towards the determination of the result right? Forgive my stupidity

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't remember how penalties in a shootout work.... Pretty sure they don't count towards your "official goal tally" right? They just go towards the determination of the result right? Forgive my stupidity

You are right

Schedule